View Full Version : Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones @ 195lbs

THE REED™
04-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Pretty sure they dont do catchweights in the UFC... but just curious what you're thoughts are on this fantasy matchup...

Even on a P4P basis matchup... Who would hypothetically win if their power was equal.

I'm not a hardcore mma fan like I am with boxing, but I have been watching a lot more of it and getting to know all the fighters in all the weight classes... And I definitely like Jon Jones.

shinobininja
04-06-2011, 10:58 AM
jon jones only 23 has so much potential

photomane
04-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Pretty sure they dont do catchweights in the UFC... but just curious what you're thoughts are on this fantasy matchup...

Even on a P4P basis matchup... Who would hypothetically win if their power was equal.

I'm not a hardcore mma fan like I am with boxing, but I have been watching a lot more of it and getting to know all the fighters in all the weight classes... And I definitely like Jon Jones.

Jones would lose do to dehydration. Cutting weight in the PROS will destroy someone physically. Anderson would KO him via front foot kick...

shinobininja
04-06-2011, 11:18 AM
anderson will win

THE REED™
04-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Jones would lose do to dehydration. Cutting weight in the PROS will destroy someone physically. Anderson would KO him via front foot kick...

Its a fantasy P4P matchup.

No dehydration.

Just skillset.

Clegg
04-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I would say Anderson is better at this point, certainly he's more proven.

Imagining them going head to head, I could see Anderson catching Jones with something as his timing is very good and Jones does get wild.

But it's hard to say. Maybe Jones has a glass jaw or maybe he has the best chin of all time. Gonna have to wait and see him in more fights, but at the moment I'd give the edge to Silva.

Jack3d
04-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Anderson is more proven, but Jones doesn't appear to have many weak areas of his game. He did a few fights ago but he's improving at a ridiculously fast rate.

Jones is a very good wrestler. I think if he gets Anderson down he can finish.

T.Horton
04-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Anderson is more proven, but Jones doesn't appear to have many weak areas of his game. He did a few fights ago but he's improving at a ridiculously fast rate.

Jones is a very good wrestler. I think if he gets Anderson down he can finish.is jones a better wrestler than chael sonnen?

Clegg
04-06-2011, 04:29 PM
is jones a better wrestler than chael sonnen?

Sonnen is a more accomplished wrestler, but when it comes to MMA Jones has size and strength on his side, and is a much better striker, which allows him to set up his takedowns better and keep his opponent guessing. Plus Sonnen has a habit of getting subbed after he's taken people down, which Jones has thus far avoided.

BoxingTech718
04-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Jon Jones already cuts a lot of weight to make 205 a fight weight of 195 for him is unrealistic. In another year or more he will probably be forced to move up because his body will naturally get larger. I can only just imagine the beast he will be once he gets his full man strength.

ƒallenloki
04-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Anderson, I think.

No way Jones could cut ten more pounds and be effective.

At 205 I think I'd still have Anderson for his ability to counter effectively.

THE REED™
04-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Forget the ****ing weight clause.

Its a fantasy P4P matchup.

Who wins based on sole skillset

blaze778
04-06-2011, 08:14 PM

UFC does have catchweight fights every now and then. Wandy vs. Franklin and Belfort vs. Franklin were at 195. I'm pretty sure there were more.

Either way or any weight, I think Anderson would find a way to beat Jones.

On the feet, Silva would more than likely counter and outstrike Jones. Jones' striking is pretty sloppy at times, but gets away with due to his reach. A dangerous counter striker like Sliva can really exploit that.

Jones can do some real damage to Silva on the ground, but at the risk of getting caught in a submission. We haven't seen Jones caught in any vulnerable positions on the ground, but he's never faced anyone with good submission skills, just wrestlers.

It's a pick em fight in my opinion, but I give Silva the edge.

Frogs!
04-06-2011, 08:28 PM
reed, can we move the fight up to 205?

:D

$BloodyNate$
04-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Anderson Silva is the Sugar Ray Robinson of MMA. He's the best. Always finds a way too win and I don't think this fight would be any different until Jones gets some title defense under his belt and we see what he's really truely capable of which is kinda scary.

Anderson is like Hopkins with his striking, once he gets your timing down your ****ed. Blazin speed and power. I think he'd chop Jones with leg chicks and just brutalize him on the feet. Jones would take him down alot but eventually Silva knocks him out on the feet.

-Swizzy-
04-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Catchweight 195 - Jones takes this....EASY

if we're going to compare them just based on skill, Silva takes it.... EASY.

Marchegiano
04-07-2011, 01:35 AM
I think Anderson wins this one. Jones has some really amazing skills, but Anderson has more skills. Anderson has a mode to deal with just about anything. I guess i'm mostly claiming experience. I could see Jones being even better than Silva one day, but not right now.

Jon Jones has amazing Greco-Roman(upperbody) His Freestyle(whole body so legs and feet included) is less flashy, but is efficient and effective. All in all Chael may be the more accomplished but if you watch the both of them and compare them to Dan Gable( he could seriously do anything. The Gable era lasts about 15 years). Jones clearly has a larger skill set. Chael wrestles a lot like Cael Sanderson(159-0), not nearly as good, but similar. Chael is what I'd call a power wrestler, were Jone's can be a power wrestler, or a finesse wrestler.

Unknown Champ
04-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Read the sig Reed ive been saying this for awhile now.

-KPB-
04-07-2011, 07:00 PM
There are too many flwas in Jon Jones boxing ability IMO....Anderson Silva is vastly superior on his feet and would most likely KO/TKo Jones.....

If Jones improved his boxing skills (especially defense).......then he is almost unstoppable because at the moment his is using his reach as his defence and steps back whenever someone come in to strike, he sometimes gets hit as he moves back because his hands are low.....

BoxingTech718
04-07-2011, 10:57 PM
If we are talking even weight I think Jones' reach and size would be too much of a problem for Anderson.

madmadworld
04-08-2011, 05:38 AM
Jones
this is the best match out there. would be worth $65.
but 195 if he could do it
has anyone heard him asked about getting to 195 ?
think 200 would be best he could do.

TKD1
04-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Guys, let be realistic Silva is a great fighter but Jones is the fighter, Silva has the experience and the skills but Jones is unique, he was born for this, it something natural. This is something Silva was waiting for, some one who take him to the limit.

piano man
04-08-2011, 08:05 PM
skill 4 skill i think anderson wins this fantasy fight

but in reality jon jones is too big for anderson silva IMO (look what he did 2 shogun and shogun is 1 bada$s muthaffuka)

madmadworld
04-09-2011, 04:53 AM
would like to see this fight more than Silva beating up the smaller St. Pierre !
could be billed as the badest fighter on this planet.
before the end of 2012

BALLISTIC
04-09-2011, 10:46 AM
anything below 205 silva takes it...anything over jones takes it..

the traveler
04-10-2011, 07:56 PM
I voted for jones but ment to vote for silva. jones is the best fighter right now, in my opinion, that isn't named Anderson Silva. Though jones is a freak, I always have the feeling that silva will pull the win out.

the traveler
04-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Guys, let be realistic Silva is a great fighter but Jones is the fighter, Silva has the experience and the skills but Jones is unique, he was born for this, it something natural. This is something Silva was waiting for, some one who take him to the limit.

both fighters are THE fighter, both have uncanny fight ability. I think in a couple of years this might be a joke thread as Jones seems like he is going to get too good that no one will be able to do anything to him.