Nigel Benn vs Winky Wright

vs

Vito Antuofermo vs Michael Nunn

side B
James Toney vs Chris Eubank

vs

Tommy Hearns vs Mike McCallum

winner of side B vs winner of side A

please give a prediction for all 7 fightsWright by UD. Nunn by UD. Toney by late TKO/UD. Hearns-McCallum is too hard to call...Ill say MCCallum late stoppage.

Nunn by Decision.
Toney by controversial SD.

Toney by late TKO.

SCtrojansbaby
04-02-2011, 04:54 PM
just to show you all how you are supossed to predict the fights

I got Winky over Benn so he fight the winner of Nunn vs Vito(I got Nunn winning). So Winky vs Nunn I got Winky winning so he is the winner of side A

I got Toney over Eubank and McCallum over Hearns. So Toney vs McCallum and I got Toney winning side B

So its Winky vs Toney I think Toney it becomes an inside fight Toney wins.

The Surgeon
04-02-2011, 06:54 PM
side A

vs

side B

vs

please give a prediction for all 7 fights

I think all these fights are winnable for all the fighters but heres how i think it more than likely plays out

Winky UD over Benn
Nunn UD over Antuofermo
Winky over Nunn (points somehow)
Toney UD over Eubank
McCallum UD or late TKO over Hearns
Toney UD over McCallum
Toney UD over Winky

WINNER - JAMES TONEY :boxing:

Barnburner
04-02-2011, 08:13 PM
side A

vs

side B

vs

Wright UD.
Nunn UD.

Toney UD.
Hearns TKO???

Nunn SD
Toney KO

Winner = Toney by Close UD.

winky's right
04-02-2011, 10:15 PM
side A

vs

side B

vs

Bracket A:
Wright>Benn UD
Nunn>Antuofermo UD

Bracket B:

Toney>Eubank UD
Hearns>McCallum UD

Semi-finals

Wright>Benn UD
Toney>Hearns UD :tapedshut

Final

Toney>Wright

Pastrano
04-03-2011, 08:49 AM
side A

vs

side B

vs

Benn kos Winky, Nunn kos Antuofermo
Nunn outpoints Benn
Eubank outpoints Toney narrowly
McCallum stops Hearns late
McCallum outpoints Eubank
Final:
McCallum tkoes Nunn

Rockin'
04-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Wright ud Benn - While Benn was extremly strong Wright is more so slick and hard to hit. I could see Wright having Benn tripping over himself trying to land the big one.

Nunn Tko-8 Antuofermo - Nunn has too much speed and savy for Vito and carves his face up until the ref calls a halt to the blood bath.

Toney Ud Eubank - If James comes in on weight with out draining himself he would handle Eubanks slow but powerfull shots simply by raising that left shoulder and keeping his right hand beside his face. He'd sit in the pocket all night.

Hearns tko10 McCallum - While I know McCallum had a great chin I just dont see it comparing to Hearns right hand. Hearns would work the jab staying on the outside while McCallum applied the pressure but Hearns' right hand would get through after McCallum is slowed by the viscious left hooks to the body by Hearns.

Nunn ud Wright - With his speed, height and movement I just don't see Winky being able to land much on Nunn. Nunn all the same would have a tough time touching Wright but would prevail by descision after a rather dull fight.

Hearns ud Toney - Toney is slick but would not be able to handle the reach advantage of Hearns. The jab would be the key to Hearns' victory as Toney catches and rolls and comes up short with his shots time and again. James is forced to put on the pressure as Hearns floats around the ring peppering Toney with his jab. James keeps the pressure on but thats just not his game.

Hearns Tko3 Nunn - Knowing that Nunn is not a power puncher Hearns puts the pressure on from the opening bell. Hearns would be hurt in the fight but would rally to stop Nunn as he leans against the ropes covering up from the barrage of shots Hearns throws his way...............Rockin':boxing:

Rockin'
04-03-2011, 09:24 AM
I ran it through Titlebout and heres what it spat out........

Benn Ud-10 Wright
Nunn TKO-7 Antuefermo
Toney Ud-10 Eubank
McCallum KO-9 Hearns

Nunn UD-10 Benn
Toney Ud-10 McCallum

Toney Md-12 Nunn.....................Rockin':boxing:

Barnburner
04-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Benn UD Wright? I don't agree with the computer there, the only way Benn is winning is by stoppage which I think is unlikely.

Rockin'
04-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Benn UD Wright? I don't agree with the computer there, the only way Benn is winning is by stoppage which I think is unlikely.

I'm with you 100% on that, just reporting what the computer spat out. If you look at my original post I had Wright ud Benn.........Rockin':boxing:

Barnburner
04-03-2011, 10:01 AM
I know, I liked your analysis on the fights. Especially how you think Hearns beats McCallum like myself. I feel people don't give MW Hearns enough credit. it's almost like a cliché fest.

Hearns + Tough Fighter/Hard Puncher = Hearns Stopped.

I think people forget MW Hearns destroyed Duran, went 3 rounds with a demented Hagler at a non-stop pace with a broken hand.

Rockin'
04-03-2011, 10:08 AM
I know, I liked your analysis on the fights. Especially how you think Hearns beats McCallum like myself. I feel people don't give MW Hearns enough credit. it's almost like a cliché fest.

I think people forget MW Hearns destroyed Duran, went 3 rounds with a demented Hagler at a non-stop pace with a broken hand.

I have a story that I was told by the Kronk pr man about the Hagler/Hearns fight.

The dressing room is full and Tommy is warming up and getting ready to war. Steward steps out of the room for a few to take care of some details and when he comes back he sees Tommy laying face first on a table with some guy rubbing out Tommys legs. Steward was furious and kicked everybody out. When you are ready to fight you don't want relaxed muscles, you want then taunt and ready for action. If you watch the fight again you will see that Hearns never had his legs under him as he normaly did. Just a tid bit that I thought you might find interesting.......Rockin':boxing:

Pastrano
04-03-2011, 10:17 AM

That was a LMW Hearns.

Barnburner
04-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I heard about that before. Never actually had it confirmed though, thanks.

Especially noticable in the second round:

" A little rubbery here in round two." :rofl:

Pastrano
04-03-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm with you 100% on that, just reporting what the computer spat out. If you look at my original post I had Wright ud Benn.........Rockin':boxing:

Actually, its not that far-fetched. Winky always had a top notch chin but he could get kd. Like against Vasquez, he was down 5 times but lost on points. Same coulda happened against Benn. Benn drops him a few times but can't put him away (tho I think he could, he was a SMW and hit way harder than Vasquez) and so he has to settle for a decision victory.

Rockin'
04-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Actually, its not that far-fetched. Winky always had a top notch chin but he could get kd. Like against Vasquez, he was down 5 times but lost on points. Same coulda happened against Benn. Benn drops him a few times but can't put him away (tho I think he could, he was a SMW and hit way harder than Vasquez) and so he has to settle for a decision victory.

Good point and I understand what you mean.........Rockin':boxing:

Barnburner
04-03-2011, 10:49 AM
That was a LMW Hearns.
I often negate the jr's and supers.

SCtrojansbaby
04-03-2011, 05:40 PM

The Vasquez fight seems like a fluke to me Winky took punches from Bernard Hopkins Fernando Vargas and Shane Mosley and never once was the slightest bit hurt.

Pastrano
04-03-2011, 05:46 PM
The Vasquez fight seems like a fluke to me Winky took punches from Bernard Hopkins Fernando Vargas and Shane Mosley and never once was the slightest bit hurt.

Hopkins doesn't hit that hard. Vasquez probably hit just as hard even tho he was a lmw. Hopkins always stopped his opponents on volume punching rather than power punching. Vasquez on the other hand was a puncher. Might not have the highest ko percentage in the division but he could pack a punch.

SCtrojansbaby
04-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Hopkins doesn't hit that hard. Vasquez probably hit just as hard even tho he was a lmw. Hopkins always stopped his opponents on volume punching rather than power punching. Vasquez on the other hand was a puncher. Might not have the highest ko percentage in the division but he could pack a punch.

B-hop hits harder