View Full Version : what size gloves do u guys train with and what size do you spar with?

Verstyle
09-17-2005, 01:20 PM
i train with 16oz and i spar also with 16oz

cmason
09-17-2005, 01:25 PM
i use 14oz to spar with, and 12 or 14 for the heavy bag.

leff
09-17-2005, 01:50 PM
for the bag i wear baggloves, for everything else i use 10ounch.

abidi
09-17-2005, 03:47 PM
on heay bag i use standart baggloves, 3 weeks before the fight i use 16oz. they are heavier but normaily i use 12oz.
:boxing:

abidi
09-17-2005, 03:47 PM
on heay bag i use standart bag gloves, 3 weeks before the fight i use 16oz. they are heavier but normaily i use 12oz.

EXIGE
09-17-2005, 07:00 PM
on heay bag i use standart bag gloves, 3 weeks before the fight i use 16oz. they are heavier but normaily i use 12oz.
Is there an echo in here.

And i get forced to use the heaviest gloves in my gym, 16's. Cos my trainer says i will hurt someone if i use any lower, or indeed myself. (heavier = extra padding)

666boy666
09-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Is there an echo in here.

And i get forced to use the heaviest gloves in my gym, 16's. Cos my trainer says i will hurt someone if i use any lower, or indeed myself. (heavier = extra padding)

..................................suuuuuuuuuuuuuur e

On the bag I use either bag gloves, bareknuckle or gauze

Shadow box with 16 oz gloves with 2.5 pound wrist weights

2 weeks from a fight I do everything with 8-10 oz gloves

Tha Greatest
09-17-2005, 09:15 PM
..................................suuuuuuuuuuuuuur e

On the bag I use either bag gloves, bareknuckle or gauze

Shadow box with 16 oz gloves with 2.5 pound wrist weights

2 weeks from a fight I do everything with 8-10 oz gloves

Shut the **** up ****face

Anyone that hits the bag bareknuckle would get ****ed up by me
Go **** yourself.

Manny_P
09-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I use Grant most ta time, but ma Cleto Reyes is ma current favorite. Im a glove freak and I look forward in collectin more. LOL!

Tony Blitz
09-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Go **** yourself.
lmao, I don't know why but that made me crack me up :D

.::EnRiQuE::.
09-18-2005, 01:37 AM
i hit the bag and stuff wit 14oz. and i sparr wit 16oz. at the fights we use 10oz.

666boy666
09-18-2005, 01:38 AM
Shut the **** up ****face

Go **** yourself.

I'd leave the tampon in sweetheart, sounds like your cycle isn't over yet

leff
09-18-2005, 05:41 PM
aint it better to get used to the same gloves.

dont se so much reason in changing all the time.

lowkey77
09-19-2005, 12:25 AM
16oz to spar. Bag gloves are a personal choice: some prefer the 10-12oz gloves, others prefer the thin ones.....

...and some people lie and say they hit a heavybag bareknucled.

666boy666
09-19-2005, 02:24 AM
16oz to spar. Bag gloves are a personal choice: some prefer the 10-12oz gloves, others prefer the thin ones.....

...and some people lie and say they hit a heavybag bareknucled.

.......lol

Pugnacious_Z
09-19-2005, 05:05 AM
first i wud like to say sumthign to exig3, ive had enuf of ur fukin bull**** about ur punches being to strong or sumthing, are u training in a retarded gym or u must be lying srsly, fukn loser, stop talkin dis much ****, if ur gona speak like dat, u shud take ur avatar off coz u look like a 12yr old ***** who cudnt fight worth ****. *****, stop talkin ****>

and to the ppl saying dat u cant hit bag bareknuckled, ive haerd many ***heads like youse, srsly. youse are all girls, youse need 12 thick wraps with 16oz gloves so u fists dont hurt, wats wrong with youse. are u aware dat heavybags are soft? my bag is full of sand which makes it 10times harder then a normal bag and i hit it with 12oz gloves, ill hit any normal bag without gloves anyday of week, so i dont know wat the problem is with u *******

myke_test1
09-19-2005, 08:50 AM
All around trainging i use 16oz Ringside Gloves(need to get new ones) but for sparring my trainer won't let me use the 16oz gloves he makes me put on 12 .....don't know why tho

something about wanting to see the results of training with 16oz

666boy666
09-19-2005, 03:34 PM
first i wud like to say sumthign to exig3, ive had enuf of ur fukin bull**** about ur punches being to strong or sumthing, are u training in a retarded gym or u must be lying srsly, fukn loser, stop talkin dis much ****, if ur gona speak like dat, u shud take ur avatar off coz u look like a 12yr old ***** who cudnt fight worth ****. *****, stop talkin ****>

and to the ppl saying dat u cant hit bag bareknuckled, ive haerd many ***heads like youse, srsly. youse are all girls, youse need 12 thick wraps with 16oz gloves so u fists dont hurt, wats wrong with youse. are u aware dat heavybags are soft? my bag is full of sand which makes it 10times harder then a normal bag and i hit it with 12oz gloves, ill hit any normal bag without gloves anyday of week, so i dont know wat the problem is with u *******

Ditto on exig, as for my hitting bareknuckled, not only does my bag have sand, but it also has bricks, I don't know why hitting a bag with no gloves on is such a big deal to some people. I train normally bareknuckled, not bragging, not trying to show off, that's just how i train. The only time I wear gloves is a few weeks out from a fight.

I think of boxing as more than a sport and am not inclined to just do a few exercises in the gym now and then, I live boxing and hopefully one day it will pay off, but don't sit there and judge me cause you think you're bad ass for being able to hit a bag with protection on. Take the gloves off, take the headgear off, take the cup off, and train to fight someone that fights without protection, cause if you get into a fight that's not in the gym, they aren't going to give you a timeout to run and go get your pads

boxer2k5
09-19-2005, 10:30 PM
i train with 16oz and i spar also with 16oz

i train and spar in 16
thats pad work bag work whatever i do wearing
gloves its in 16oz

i want some 18s

Verstyle
09-20-2005, 12:58 AM
but why spar with bareknuckle your not getting faster by not wearing any gloves. in fact your getting slower cause your putting on weight when u put on gloves to fight and your risking alot on injury. im sure u dont use alot of power on the bag though