View Full Version : Fighters that were very rarely cut

Steak
04-02-2011, 05:49 AM
What fighters have you almost never seen cut/bruised. this includes facial abrasions caused by headbutts, elbows, anything.

Out of his 100+ fights, I think Ive only seen Duran with a cut or bruise once or twice. pretty crazy.

got any others?

$BloodyNate$
04-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Bernard Hopkins maybe? Haven't ever seen him cut surprising for how dirty he can get from headbutts.

Haven't never seen Pernell Whitaker ever cut either. I've seen most of his fights but not all of them. So anybody can correct me.

REDRUM619
04-02-2011, 06:45 AM
mayweather,clottey,alvarez a lot more

Joeyzagz
04-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Joe Calzaghe stayed relatively clean apart from a few matches. Bika was the only serious one.

Oliver Mccall may have the best overall cut resistence/chin combinatioin of all time.

$BloodyNate$
04-02-2011, 06:56 AM
Joe Calzaghe stayed relatively clean apart from a few matches. Bika was the only serious one.

Oliver Mccall may have the best overall cut resistence/chin combinatioin of all time.

Damn really? I'm suprised one of those tomato can lid's didn't cut him.

TheGreatA
04-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Muhammad Ali was only cut once in his career against Bob Foster.

TheGreatA
04-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Bernard Hopkins maybe? Haven't ever seen him cut surprising for how dirty he can get from headbutts.

Haven't never seen Pernell Whitaker ever cut either. I've seen most of his fights but not all of them. So anybody can correct me.

Whitaker boasted that he would quit immediately if he ever got cut. He never was but he did suffer a broken jaw against Trinidad, without quitting.

$BloodyNate$
04-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Whitaker boasted that he would quit immediately if he ever got cut. He never was but he did suffer a broken jaw against Trinidad, without quitting.

Yeah he's the ****in man for that. Most other fighters woulda quit. He's the fricken man.

George Foreman I don't think was hardly ever cut either right?

Rip Chudd
04-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Shane Mosley, Bhop, Glen Johnson, can't remember seeing Tim bradley cut although he dishes out a lot of cuts via headbutt.

IronDanHamza
04-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Shane Mosley, Bhop, Glen Johnson, can't remember seeing Tim bradley cut although he dishes out a lot of cuts via headbutt.

He's been cut plenty of times.

He was cut in both his last 2 fights actually.

Barn
04-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Joe Louis.

New England
04-02-2011, 09:32 AM
He's been cut plenty of times.

He was cut in both his last 2 fights actually.

it's the blinding glare from his head that allowed these cuts to go unseen by said poster

RubenSonny
04-02-2011, 01:22 PM

:lol1: its funny that it worked against him in the DLH fight, stupid WBC.

Ziggy Stardust
04-02-2011, 02:35 PM
George Foreman I don't think was hardly ever cut either right?

I know Foreman was cut against Gregorio Peralta but other than that I can't think of any. He did swell up pretty bad in his second career (see the Stewart fight).

Poet

SCtrojansbaby
04-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't think B-Hop has ever been close to being cut or swelled up. Also Pernell Whitaker got his face phuked up bad by Wilfredo Rivera.

joseph5620
04-02-2011, 04:41 PM
I know Foreman was cut against Gregorio Peralta but other than that I can't think of any. He did swell up pretty bad in his second career (see the Stewart fight).Poet

That was the worse I have ever seen Foreman's face after a fight.

RubenSonny
04-02-2011, 05:27 PM
side A
Nigel Benn vs Winky Wright

vs

Vito Antuofermo vs Michael Nunn

side B
James Toney vs Chris Eubank

vs

Tommy Hearns vs Mike McCallum

winner of side B vs winner of side A

please give a prediction for all 7 fights

Why not make a thread for it?

BennyST
04-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah, Duran is a good one. Considering the size of the guys he was consistently fighting in comparison and how much older and smaller he was, it's pretty amazing that he was never bruised or busted up.

Hopkins is a great example. I think I have seen him cut once in an early fight, but I can't remember which one. Might have to check that out.

Hopkins habit of putting his head straight down, like a battering ram, served him well in more than just his defense because he rarely, if ever, got cut and was very often able to badly bust up and cut the other guy. :lol1:

bojangles1987
04-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Clottey barely gets marked, if marked at all. Mosley has taken some beatings without getting marked up, I'm a little young to remember but I can't remember Hearns or Leonard getting cut in any big fight I've seen them in.