View Full Version : Thiago Silva submitted non-human Urine...

kaps
03-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Thiago Silva is being accused of supplying a urine sample that was not from a human source, Fighters Only has learned.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission emailed Fighters Only today with details of the allegations levelled against Silva following his UFC 125 win over Brandon Vera.

A complaint against Silva was filed today by NSAC. Here are the relevant allegations:

4. On January 1, 2011, SILVA participated in a mixed martial arts contest in Las Vegas, Nevada, which he won by unanimous decision (the “Contest”). The Contest was conducted under the direction of the Commission.

5. Immediately before the Contest, on the same date, SILVA voluntarily submitted to urinalysis (the "Urinalysis") and submitted a specimen for testing.

6. SILVA signed the Forensic Drug Testing Custody and Control Form, wherein he certified as follows: “I certify that I provided my specimen to the collector; that I have not adulterated it in any manner; each specimen bottle used was sealed with a tamper-evident seal in my presence; and that the information and numbers provided on this form and on the label affixed to each specimen bottle is correct.”

7. The Urinalysis reflects a Complete-Invalid Result indicating that the specimen submitted by SILVA is inconsistent with human urine. The results of the Urinalysis are reflected in the Toxicology Report, attached hereto as Exhibit 1.

8. The specimen submitted by SIVLA was also tested by the Sports Medicine Research & Testing Laboratory, which is accredited by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

9. The Test Report from the Sports Medicine Research & Testing Laboratory reflects that the specimen submitted by SILVA is inconsistent with human urine. The Test Report is attached hereto as Exhibit 2.

10. SILVA submitted an adulterated and/or substituted specimen for testing for the Urinalysis.

Silva has not yet responded to the allegations but faces suspension, fine and overturning of the result if found guilty.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=6516

kaps
03-30-2011, 02:09 PM
And he admits it on the UG...

We make decisions every day of our lives. Some are good and some are bad. When you make a bad decision, you can either make the situation worse by trying to cover it up or lie about it or just stick your head in the sand and refuse to acknowledge it even happened or you can own up to it with an honest explanation, accept the consequences of your actions, apologize to the people affected by it, learn from it and move on. I***8217;m choosing the second option.

I used a urine adulterant when giving a sample following my fight with Brandon Vera. I did so in an attempt to alter the results of the test and knowingly broke the rules of the Nevada Athletic Commission. This was a terrible decision on my part for which I will be punished. I am prepared to accept this punishment, learn from it and move on. I apologize to the Commission, the UFC, Brandon Vera and the MMA fans.

I do want to explain the circumstances behind my actions. Please do not interpret this as an attempt to justify my actions. I know they were wrong and I know I made bad decisions and I know I deserve to be punished. That is why I began my statement with an admission and an apology before going into these details. This is not an excuse, only an explanation.

I had been tested on five prior occasions while fighting for the UFC before the Brandon Vera fight. Four of the tests were urine only and one included a blood sample as well in New Jersey the day before the fight. I passed each of those tests. I suffered a severe back injury shortly before the Rashad Evans fight. It was the biggest fight of my career and there was no way I was going to pull out of it. I fought and lost and was out of action for a year rehabilitating the injury and getting ready to fight again.

I reinjured my back 45 days before the fight with Brandon Vera. After not fighting for a year, I made the decision to not pull out of the fight. I also decided that the only way I could continue with the fight was to take injections in my back and spine that contained substances prohibited by the Nevada Athletic Commission. I also made the decision to use a product to hide the presence of these substances in a urine test.

These decisions were mine and mine alone. I did not share this information with anyone prior to the fight for fear that I would not be allowed to fight. I obviously made a terrible decision. I have since learned that it may have even been possible to fight had I been open and honest and disclosed the injury and treatment prior to the fight. I also realize that not being allowed to fight as a result of the treatment would have been a better result than the mess into which I have now gotten myself.

Again, I take full responsibility for making the decision to break the rules and try to cheat the system. I will accept the punishment I receive and will learn from this. I plan to come back as a better person and professional as a result.

Spray_resistant
03-30-2011, 02:09 PM
What a dingbat:pat:

Mersey
03-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Does anybody post in the UG? It's worse than NSB.

10ers.

kaps
03-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Does anybody post in the UG? It's worse than NSB.

10ers.

10ers gonna 10. I don't post there often, but I do lurk, ****dog is closer to NSB IMO....

Mersey
03-30-2011, 02:32 PM
I don't have an account there, I just use their app for news and I check the forum.

Everybody seems like an *******. And how they judge people by their join date :lol1:

ƒallenloki
03-30-2011, 03:28 PM
The UG is an awesome place if you can ignore a lot of the idiots on there.

While Sherdog is my favorite MMA site, their forum is the worst. It's worse than NSB.

Gojira
03-30-2011, 03:40 PM
I always said he was an animal....

$BloodyNate$
03-30-2011, 06:16 PM
What's funny is Thiago Silva always been one of my favorite fighters ever since the Irvin fight because I looked him up after it and it was love at first site! I picked him to pull the upset on Alexander and he trashed him! But when he fought Machida my friends were mocking the whole fight calling it Brian Peppers vs Child Bearing hips silva hahaha

Then come to find out he's using Ped's which turns you into a woman... no wonder! hahahah

ƒallenloki
03-31-2011, 04:31 AM
I always said he was an animal....

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot&play=true

Danny Gunz
03-31-2011, 03:52 PM
I Lol'd at the thought of Silva submitting non-human urine.

rochemback
03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
What a stupid thing to do, but at least he was man enough to openly admit his mistake. I hope they don't fire him...

Konstantin
03-31-2011, 06:08 PM
Non human urine? I guess his none of his stable mates are clean either :rofl1:

joe strong
03-31-2011, 06:14 PM
lol....reminds me of cheech & chongs next movie....chong says i'll really **** with my Parole officer cause i got my sister to pee for me & shes pregnant...good job silva! does anyone know what type of pee he used?

joe strong
03-31-2011, 06:19 PM
What a stupid thing to do, but at least he was man enough to openly admit his mistake. I hope they don't fire him...

man enough? only after he got caught...come on he should lose his purse & get fired... come on buddy someone else made the speech for him because its obvious he is too stupid to think on his own...LOL! non-human urine? what did he think he would fool the athletic commision with FAKE piss or god knows what else...they are always sorry & man up after getting caught...i know when i cheated on 7 drugtests & passed i didnt go to my employer & tell them sorry but i need to be punished because i cheated on my drugtest to get this job....come on man,think about it...

Clegg
03-31-2011, 06:26 PM
I don't think he should get that much credit for owning up after he got caught. Then again, Sherk and Sonnen have always tried to deny it so maybe it's fair to say that he's a bit more of a man than them.

Steak
03-31-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't think he should get that much credit for owning up after he got caught. Then again, Sherk and Sonnen have always tried to deny it so maybe it's fair to say that he's a bit more of a man than them.

Sonnen, unless Im mistaken, has hypogonadism and is legally allowed to go through testesterone replacement procedures to get his to a normal level. This has been medically approved in a few of his other tested fights.

blaze778
03-31-2011, 06:50 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L3Rt-8li0XU/TEceJI_h9NI/AAAAAAAAAF4/-uxnb6W2U6I/s1600/QuickFix2.jpg

joe strong
03-31-2011, 06:52 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L3Rt-8li0XU/TEceJI_h9NI/AAAAAAAAAF4/-uxnb6W2U6I/s1600/QuickFix2.jpg

if he used that hes an idiot...that hasnt worked in years...alls you do is shake the bottle & it doesnt foam like piss...