View Full Version : I hate Zuffa...

kaps
03-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Earlier today, Rener and Ryron Gracie posted a video in which they showed a break down in the technique of the twister submission used by Chan Sung Jung this past Saturday to defeat Leonard Garcia at UFC Fight Night 24 in Seattle, WA.

The video was posted early this morning, but has now been removed from Youtube's website. The following is displayed when trying to visit the URL:

YouTube account GracieAcademy has been terminated because we received multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:

Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
ZUFFA, LLC

kaps
03-28-2011, 03:41 PM
The Video didn't even show the fight, it was just Rener and Ryron demonstrating the twister that TKZ used....

ƒallenloki
03-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Yeah man... I hate that sh*t too

They need to understand that they are not going to win against the internet.

Set up an official account with authorized content and paid for by sponsors... and voila, that's half the problem...

OR... make the entire video vault available online under a netflix style user interface. The crap they have now BLOWS. I tried it

$BloodyNate$
03-28-2011, 06:24 PM
So they are buying all rights to the twister or some bull*****? That's absolutely ridiculous. I'd sue em. I don't see how they broke any copyright laws.

Clegg
03-28-2011, 06:37 PM
I haven't seen the video in question, but the Gracie Breakdown videos do usually contain UFC footage and aren't taken down. It's strange (and annoying) that youtube have now changed their stance.

Also, I was looking forward to seeing that vid, hopefully someone downloaded it and can get it out there.

Chael_Sonnen
03-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Welcome to my world. Now add fighting to it.

piano man
03-28-2011, 08:36 PM
they do it all the time, ****in zuffa bastards

jakkups
03-28-2011, 09:23 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4NZyXcuvRBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

khepesh
03-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Agreed.

Zuffa as a corporation is a very well-oiled money-making machine, but they should think more about what's good for the sport.

I.e. be less strict about the fans sharing material they own, it's still partly free promoting for them. And stop bashing another promotions and their fighters.

monaroCountry
03-30-2011, 05:14 AM
If they can copyright a fighter's name and even generic moves then I wouldnt doubt they could copyright this.

With a Zuffa monopoly no one would be able to see fights without paying extravagant money and no one would be able to see highlights of their favorite fighters, and journalists wont even be able to say fighters names or show pictures.

Clegg
03-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Seems like some Strikeforce stuff is no longer on youtube?