View Full Version : Shields is gonna TAP GSP!!!

photomane
03-28-2011, 02:28 PM
I have a feeling Shields will get GSP to the ground and submit him? Agree or disagree?

ps: GSP is slowing becoming past his prime...

kaps
03-28-2011, 02:31 PM
I don't see no reason for GSP to take Shields down. Shields wont be able to put GSP down and Georges will have a field day punching Jake at will....

photomane
03-28-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't see no reason for GSP to take Shields down. Shields wont be able to put GSP down and Georges will have a field day punching Jake at will....

I have to disagree. Henderson & Chael Sonnen are much better wrestlers than GSP and Shields managed to take Hendersons best punch, take him down and make him tap.

kaps
03-28-2011, 02:48 PM
I have to disagree. Henderson & Chael Sonnen are much better wrestlers than GSP and Shields managed to take Hendersons best punch, take him down and make him tap.

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

kaps
03-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Also, Hendo never tapped, despite Jake Sheilds having top control for 4 rounds. You think Hendo has better BJJ then GSP?

photomane
03-28-2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Shields wrestles with Henderson & Sonnen, Strikes with Nick Diaz, and has American BJJ. Yes I'm So Serious. GSP's in some trouble...

kaps
03-28-2011, 02:51 PM
And what the **** does Chael Sonnen have to do with anything?

danny711
03-28-2011, 02:57 PM
I have to disagree. I believe GSP holds the edge in every department. His take down defence is good and he switches levels so quickly.

I see GSP dominating the ground game and grinding him out.

If you'd like we can place a wager on it. 1mil. What do you say?

Unknown Champ
03-28-2011, 02:57 PM
yeah henderson hurt your boy jake shields too, right?

photomane
03-28-2011, 03:01 PM
And what the **** does Chael Sonnen have to do with anything?

Sonnen professional boxed and whooped Anderson Silva who is way better than GSP. It has alot to do.

kaps
03-28-2011, 03:01 PM
yeah henderson hurt your boy jake shields too, right?

That's not really fair, Henderson hurts anybody he lands clean on....

LOL @ OP thinking Sheilds or Hendo have better wrestling than Fitch or Kos....

kaps
03-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Sonnen professional boxed and whooped Anderson Silva who is way better than GSP. It has alot to do.

So what does Chael or Anderson have to do with Sheilds or GSP?

photomane
03-28-2011, 03:09 PM
So what does Chael or Anderson have to do with Sheilds or GSP?

When you train with the best you become the best. When you fly with the eagles you become an eagle. Flocks of a feather hang together. Unlike Shields, GSP has a glass chin. If Hendo would have hit GSP with the punch he hit Shields with he would have been out cold. What I'm saying is that its Shields time. Every dog has his day and its Shields time to become a 3 time champ in three different promotions. I dont believe thats happened in MMA history.

ƒallenloki
03-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Considering how Jake Shields looked after three rounds with Kampmann, he might die in the 4th or 5th round.

by the way, why is no one talking about how Shields is getting a title shot coming off of one of the three worst performances in UFC history?

kaps
03-28-2011, 03:29 PM
When you train with the best you become the best. When you fly with the eagles you become an eagle. Flocks of a feather hang together. Unlike Shields, GSP has a glass chin. If Hendo would have hit GSP with the punch he hit Shields with he would have been out cold. What I'm saying is that its Shields time. Every dog has his day and its Shields time to become a 3 time champ in three different promotions. I dont believe thats happened in MMA history.

Georges has a glass chin because he's been rocked once in his entire career? Nice logic. Sheilds is going to gas out trying to take GSP down in the first round and have a unholy beating laid onto him.....

photomane
03-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Doesnt matter how you look as long as you win. Shields is a winner. GSP will lose!

kaps
03-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Considering how Jake Shields looked after three rounds with Kampmann, he might die in the 4th or 5th round.

by the way, why is no one talking about how Shields is getting a title shot coming off of one of the three worst performances in UFC history?

Kampmann gave Sheilds that win basically, but the reality is, who else is there for GSP to fight?

Move BRICKS
03-28-2011, 03:30 PM
I think that Shields on paper is a challenge for GSP, but if we're being realistic, Shields has worse hands than Hendo. He's a great submission fighter but beyond that he still has much developing to do.

Shields is an American Demian Maia. If he gets you on the ground it's an easy win for him, but anywhere else the outcome could be bad. I can't see him being able to take GSP down and if he does, I can't see him keeping him down for long.

Still a fight though.

kaps
03-28-2011, 03:35 PM
I think that Shields on paper is a challenge for GSP, but if we're being realistic, Shields has worse hands than Hendo. He's a great submission fighter but beyond that he still has much developing to do.

Shields is an American Demian Maia. If he gets you on the ground it's an easy win for him, but anywhere else the outcome could be bad. I can't see him being able to take GSP down and if he does, I can't see him keeping him down for long.

Still a fight though.

He had full mount on Hendo and Miller for the majority of those fights, and he couldn't put either away. GSP is way above either of those fighters in every aspect of MMA....

ƒallenloki
03-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I'd rather see him fight Fitch again, Condit, or rematch Alves. the Jake Shields fight is crap. I mean dude... this fight should be over in 3 minutes if GSP fights to his potential. I would hate for him to let another guy that isn't on his level to coast to 5 round decision.

He should have finished Hardy, Koscheck, Alves, and Fitch... but ??? I miss the destroyer that he used to be.

ƒallenloki
03-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Why does Shields' tattoo say "American Jiu Jitsu" when he has his black belt from Cesar Gracie?

kaps
03-28-2011, 03:44 PM
I'd rather see him fight Fitch again, Condit, or rematch Alves. the Jake Shields fight is crap. I mean dude... this fight should be over in 3 minutes if GSP fights to his potential. I would hate for him to let another guy that isn't on his level to coast to 5 round decision.

He should have finished Hardy, Koscheck, Alves, and Fitch... but ??? I miss the destroyer that he used to be.

I only agree with Kos on that list, he tried to finish Hardy with subs, he pulled his groin in the first round against Alves and still put a beating on him, and he completely demolished Fitch while turning his face into hamburger meat. I think he could've done more in the Kos fight though, but he got the job done and put Kos out for a few months....

blaze778
03-28-2011, 04:09 PM
GSP is not only one of the best all around fighters, but he's also a very smart fighter that utilizes strategy.

He won't fight Shields in a way that gives him any chance of losing. The fight can be very competitive on the ground, but a total mismatch standing up.

I believe this will look like the GSP-Koscheck rematch.

And judging by Shields' last performance, GSP will get his first finish since the BJ fight.

F l i c k e r
03-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Not happening.

GSP will take him down at will, smother him, and rape to a 5rnd decision.

GSP has no reason to stand, he isn't pissed off at Shields like he was with Kos. So, he will fight safe, and beat Shields at his own game... the ground. Just like he did with Bj.

phallus
03-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Why does Shields' tattoo say "American Jiu Jitsu" when he has his black belt from Cesar Gracie?

shields call it american jiu jitsu because he mixes it with freestyle wrestling...shields is good on the ground but remember, robbie lawler had shields out on his feet and foolishly went to the ground with shields. if jake and GSP go to the ground, it should be very exciting, we'll see some great techinique, but i expect Ground St. Pound to be training with freddie roach for this fight, planning to stand and trade with shields and maybe get a TKO stoppage

GreatestIam
03-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Shields is a B level great, hiss technique, his submissions, his wins are all good but none as impressive as GSP last5 fights.. GSP is a workhorse whos striking is improving, and his ability to take opponents down is incredible.. he will dominate Shields much like Jones did Rua but more methodical!

led
03-28-2011, 11:41 PM

Your logic even fails. JAckson's camp has eagles like Jon Jones and Carwin. And if you wanna talk about great chin on his stable, you might look at Guida and Florian.

MARKBNLV
03-28-2011, 11:58 PM
I do think Shields is a lot more live than people are giving him credit for.

elgranluchadore
03-29-2011, 12:07 AM
i dont see any decline on gsp
p4p silva may be the best but gsp is so consistent and dominant i can only see him losing to a huge puncher
plus fight is in canada

mic573
03-29-2011, 01:12 AM
GSP gets rocked with a punch behind the head once and everyone says he has no chin. Really?

Shields has no stand up game at all. If GSP wants he could go out and put a beating on Shields and take him out in 2 rounds standing. Luckily for Shields, GSP doesn't like to risk too much anymore and he won't destroy Shields like that but he will embarrass him.

mic573
03-29-2011, 01:14 AM
i dont see any decline on gsp
p4p silva may be the best but gsp is so consistent and dominant i can only see him losing to a huge puncher
plus fight is in canada

If GSP would fight with the style that he had before the Serra fight then I believe no one would debate that he is the best. He was dominating like he is now but finishing fights easy.

Clegg
03-29-2011, 02:05 AM

He managed to survive Hendo's best punch, but I'm not sure you'd say he 'took his best punch' in the traditional sense, considering that it left him face down on the floor from what I recall? In boxing that would've seen him knocked down, in Japanese MMA it may have seen him getting soccer kicked into next week. And as Kaps mentioned, Shields didn't tap Henderson.

danny711
03-29-2011, 03:17 AM

So true. GSP grinds out guys because of the "Serra" factor.

I like Condit and I hope they fight some day.

elgranluchadore
03-29-2011, 04:34 AM
he is already great on the ground but hes improved his striking if anything hes better now than before the serra fight
finishing guys aint everything

blaze778
03-29-2011, 04:37 PM
I do think Shields is a lot more live than people are giving him credit for.

Anyone who beats Hendo, especially after almost getting knocked out in the 1st to only comeback and dominate the fight will be a live body for anyone.

I just think GSP is too well-rounded and too smart to fall into Shields' gameplan.

American_Ninja
03-29-2011, 05:00 PM
I highly doubt that Shields can beat GSP.
Rush is one of the very best in the game. Ask Fitch.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3PdOqg0PqxaCWFEDgyStzIijSjREW4 k1JlcBRq8DBl200VPRB

Clegg
03-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Anyone who beats Hendo, especially after almost getting knocked out in the 1st to only comeback and dominate the fight will be a live body for anyone.

I just think GSP is too well-rounded and too smart to fall into Shields' gameplan.

Yeah, and I also think that Shields is weakening himself to make WW, which partly explains his bad performance in his last fight. He's strong and effective at MW and should've stayed there IMO.

studentofthegam
03-29-2011, 08:05 PM
I have a feeling Shields will get GSP to the ground and submit him? Agree or disagree?

ps: GSP is slowing becoming past his prime...GSP is peaking late in my Opinion. I think he kills Jake. I dont think even Silva wants it with GSP on the ground.

Willy Wanker
03-31-2011, 07:45 PM
no disrespect to shields (who is a very talented fighter), but i can't see gsp losing to this guy:

http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/010111ufcafter/1038.jpg

ƒallenloki
03-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Hmm...

I think this is the first main event fight between two homosexuals.

For those of you who don't know, there are very strong rumors that say GSP is teh ghey.

And umm... Jake Shields... He plays wide receiver.

Willy Wanker
03-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Hmm...

I think this is the first main event fight between two homosexuals.

For those of you who don't know, there are very strong rumors that say GSP is teh ghey.

And umm... Jake Shields... He plays wide receiver.

lmaooooooooo

hey, gsp maybe french canadian, but he would never lose to a homo.

i do get nightmares about being smothered and dry humped by shields.

that's more of a reason i'm rooting for st. pierre.

shinobininja
04-06-2011, 09:03 AM
dont see GSP losing