View Full Version : How many catchweight fights has pac had

boxingking500
03-27-2011, 02:59 PM
in his career.....

in his 57 fight career

how many been catchweight fights..??

how many have been title catchweight fight..??

and do you accept catchweights as legitimate wins??

RubenSonny
03-27-2011, 03:12 PM
2 if I'm not mistaken, They don't bother me really, especially since all the titles are meaningless, Cotto fight was only one pound difference from his last fight and the Margarito fight would've still been a sham at 154, JMO.

boxingking500
03-27-2011, 03:23 PM
2 if I'm not mistaken, They don't bother me really, especially since all the titles are meaningless, Cotto fight was only one pound difference from his last fight and the Margarito fight would've still been a sham at 154, JMO.

ony 2 fights were cathweights, just titles, or overall...

RubenSonny
03-27-2011, 03:27 PM
ony 2 fights were cathweights, just titles, or overall...

I thought Cotto and Margs were the only ones, overall? The Oscar fight was at full welter limit its just that Oscar came in under weight.

GF of Boxing
03-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Two. Cotto and Margarito. Both were title fights. Cotto was 146 and Margarito was 151. You can count Oscar because it was Oscar who challenged Manny and he agreed to meet Manny half way. Oscar came down two weight classes and Manny came up two weight classes. And yes they should count because both parties agreed to it. No one force no one hand in this. Okay so Bhop win over Pavlick should be erased. Should Danny Green win over Roy Jones be erased. What about Ray Leonard? It's like this. If the fighters who agree to these stipulations have no problem with it then why should the fans have a problem with it? Obviously they feel like they can make the weight so just ease up relax and enjoy the show instead of trying to tear down somebody's already hall of fame career.

Ziggy Stardust
03-27-2011, 03:29 PM
How about Mayweather fighting Marquez at a catchweight and not even bothering to abide by it coming in over the limit?

Poet

RubenSonny
03-27-2011, 03:37 PM
How about Mayweather fighting Marquez at a catchweight and not even bothering to abide by it coming in over the limit?

Poet

That was disgraceful....smh.

boxingking500
03-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Two. Cotto and Margarito. Both were title fights. Cotto was 146 and Margarito was 151. You can count Oscar because it was Oscar who challenged Manny and he agreed to meet Manny half way. Oscar came down two weight classes and Manny came up two weight classes. And yes they should count because both parties agreed to it. No one force no one hand in this. Okay so Bhop win over Pavlick should be erased. Should Danny Green win over Roy Jones be erased. What about Ray Leonard? It's like this. If the fighters who agree to these stipulations have no problem with it then why should the fans have a problem with it? Obviously they feel like they can make the weight so just ease up relax and enjoy the show instead of trying to tear down somebody's already hall of fame career.

i am going to use your beautiful post in another thread..

IronDanHamza
03-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Torrecampo was a catchweight fight. One in which Pacqiauo came in over the agreed weight limit.

Just like Mayweather did with Marquez.

RubenSonny
03-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Torrecampo was a catchweight fight. One in which Pacqiauo came in over the agreed weight limit.

Just like Mayweather did with Marquez.

Oh yeah **** I forgot, he already lost the title on the scales.

crold1
03-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Oh yeah **** I forgot, he already lost the title on the scales.

That's Singsurat you two are talking about. Torrecampo is the guy who knocked him out without punching him (headbutt and lowblow landed simultaneously and got counted).

IronDanHamza
03-27-2011, 04:50 PM
That's Singsurat you two are talking about. Torrecampo is the guy who knocked him out without punching him (headbutt and lowblow landed simultaneously and got counted).

I'm refering to Torrecampo.

Pacqiauo came in over the agreed catchweight, of 110 or 111 I believe it was.

joseph5620
03-27-2011, 09:14 PM

Fighters coming in lighter usually agree to it mainly because they don't have a choice. Not because they want it. If one fighter brings in the big money and makes certain demands, the fighter with less drawing power either accepts or loses a big pay day. So yes they are having their "hand forced". If it's for a title it should not count in my opinion.

chillifists
03-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Too many! Margs he didn't even bother making weight.

I understand the whole argument about if the fighter agrees it's ok. But if fighter A. truley believes he can't make weight to a division or can't beat fighter B. at their best, don't fight at that division, or don't fight that fighter to begin with.

I mean it's why we have divisions in the first place right? I feel some of the old timers would be pissed at these fighters today demanding catchweights within the already 16 divisions these day and customized diamond titles.

No one was going to hold it against Ray Robinson for not moving to Heavyweight to fight Patterson for not being able to move up & win a Light Heavyweight title.

Fighters are getting greedy.

TBear
03-28-2011, 06:09 AM
How many did Archie Moore have?