View Full Version : Is rice good for you?

FrankJack
09-16-2005, 08:41 AM
Is rice good for you? If so, what health benefits does rice have? I really like rice and eat alot of it, so I wanted to know.

spinksjinx
09-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Only Brown Rice and nothing else....I would stay away unless your activity level is through the roof....But then it depends on what your goals are.

myke_test1
09-16-2005, 09:47 AM
well i'm always eating eggs and rice actually i eat like 6 egg whites(420calories total with the york don't know how much it is without the york but i eat it without the yorks) and rice(150calories) i use to eat it once a day every day now i just eat it sometimes probably 2 a week

but i run 4 miles a daily then i lift weights for 2 hours then i go to the gym and train

i'm not gonna say my training is through the roof but i still managed to drop 10LBs but i can't manage to get under 194lbs

but i guess i'll start with brown rice now

antseezee
09-16-2005, 09:55 AM
Brown rice really has the nutrients, while white rice is sort of like a proteinless potato. All I know is that it contains moderately high levels of protein, but nothing compareable to a boiled egg, can of tuna, or anything of that sort. It's great to mix in with supper/lunches to maximize protein consumption. I'm not 100% sure, but it might be a light weight gainer as well. Ever wonder why many Chinese, Korean, and Japanese eat rice and stay thin?

Pugnacious_Z
09-16-2005, 10:36 AM
man, ive been eaten rice nearly everyday for my whole life, i aint fat

Tha Greatest
09-16-2005, 10:47 AM
man, ive been eaten rice nearly everyday for my whole life, i aint fat
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm glad I don't see my persian side of the family, all they do is eat rice rice and rice...

I eat healthy and none of their bulll****

leff
09-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Is rice good for you? If so, what health benefits does rice have? I really like rice and eat alot of it, so I wanted to know.

its okay its better than bread and potatoes, just dont eat more to much off it if your not traing much.

and yes brown is better.

Hunna
09-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Rice is good 4 u! dont matter what type of rice it is! how many fat asian people do you see around? lets face it, they are lean and trim race, incomparison to other races. ( this is from a blackmans point of view aswell!)

speedjay
09-16-2005, 12:30 PM

no...

but,if you will eat the brown or red rice,it's nutritious.

speedjay
09-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Rice is good 4 u! dont matter what type of rice it is! how many fat asian people do you see around? lets face it, they are lean and trim race, incomparison to other races. ( this is from a blackmans point of view aswell!)

white rice has no more nutrients cause it's all been taken away and given to animals as feeds..

FrankJack
09-16-2005, 11:41 PM
Right now, my weight is about 167 but I've been trying to get to 150.

Pugnacious_Z
09-17-2005, 05:40 AM
tell me dis, is the person who started this thread have alot of fat? if not then why worry about dat ****