Who in history has the best
Power:
Hand Speed:
Ring Generalship:
Chin:
Heart:
Workrate:
Combinations:
at each of the original 8 weight classes? You don't have to do them all at once haha

BigStereotype
03-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Heavyweight
Power: Earnie Shavers
Hand Speed: Floyd Patterson
Ring Generalship: Larry Holmes
Chin: This one's hard...Chuvalo or Ali
Heart: Frazier?
Workrate: Frazier
Combinations: Joe Louis

Barn
03-25-2011, 04:58 AM
Middleweight

Power - Ketchel
Hand Speed - Greb (Apparantly) if not Robinson
Ring Gneralship - Monzon
Chin - Hagler/LaMotta
Heart - Hagler/LaMotta/Robinson
Workrate - Greb (Apparantly) or Hagler.
Combinations - Robinson

RubenSonny
03-25-2011, 05:12 AM
Welterweight
Power: Hearns
Hand Speed: Leonard
Ring Generalship: Robinson
Chin: Robinson/Gavilan/Basillio/Ross
Heart: Robinson
Workrate: Armstrong
Combinations: Robinson

Damn that was hard.

Barn
03-25-2011, 05:15 AM
Welterweight
Power: Hearns
Hand Speed: Leonard
Ring Generalship: Robinson
Chin: Robinson/Gavilan/Basillio/Ross
Heart: Robinson
Combinations: Robinson

Damn that was hard.
I started doing that one then decided screw it lol.

Sam Donald
03-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Power: Shavers
Hand Speed: Patterson
Ring Generalship: Mayweather jr
Chin: Lamotta
Heart: Gatti
Workrate: Calzaghe
Combinations: Ray Leonard

------------

Of all time

New England
03-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Power : heavyness of the punches only

HW- Foreman

LHW- Saad Muhammad

MW- Jackson

WW- Hearns

Barbados walcott (fought most of his career at about 140ish. today, with a friday weigh in, that's a lightweight. he, was, however, a WW. accounts describe him as having the arms of a heavyweight, litterally sharing the same dimensions in length and heavyness in the bones)

FW- going with a toss up between saddler, pacquiao, and the Prince

BW - Zarate. but to be 100% honest, donaire looks like the harder puncher. time will have to tell. That montiel shot could have been a fluke, or montiel could be slipping.

IronDanHamza
03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Middleweight;

Power: Fitzsimmons
Handspeed: Robinson
Ring Generalship: Robinson/Monzon
Heart: Lamotta
Chin: Lamotta
Workrate: Ahhh, I dunno.
Combinations: Robinson.

Difficult to rank but it's hard to rank people higher than Robinson for most of them.

NChristo
03-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Who in history has the best
Power:
Hand Speed:
Ring Generalship:
Chin:
Heart:
Workrate:
Combinations:
at each of the original 8 weight classes? You don't have to do them all at once haha

Power: Ruben Olivares.
Donaire power is something else but I want to see it more.

Hand Speed: Fighting Harada ?.

Footwork: Orlando Canizales, just felt like adding this one.

Ring Generalship: Rafael Herrera.

Chin: Unsure, Manuel Ortiz, Chucho Castillo, Panama Al Brown all came to mind instantly, don't have enough footage of Brown to judge properly but he was never stopped in his long career, Chucho speaks for himself, 3 fights with Olivares without once hitting the deck is something else (Not sure what was with his early losses). Of recent fame, Joesph Agbeko has a freakish chin.

Heart: First that came to mind was Montiel, It was probably muscle memory that made him get up from the Donaire KO but that was crazy, how he got up I'll never know, Donaire put him clean out but he still wouldn't stay down.

Workrate: Jeff Fenech, not his prime weight and hadn't quite found his style yet but he was one relentless beast at Bantam and still a force.
If I had to change then Fighting Harada or Manuel Ortiz.

Combinations:

DarkTerror88
03-25-2011, 06:21 PM
LHW
Power: Foster
Hand Speed:RJJ or Tunney
Ring Generalship:Charles or Conn
Chin: too many to choose
Heart: Moore
Workrate: not sure
Combinations: Charles or Foster

RubenSonny
03-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Heavyweight
Power: Foreman
Hand Speed: Ali
Ring Generalship: Ali/Johnson
Chin: Chuvalo/Ali
Heart: Ali
Workrate: Frazier
Combinations: Louis/Dempsey/Tyson/Holyfield
Footwork: Jersey Joe/Ali

Steak
03-25-2011, 06:35 PM
I thought about doing Lightweight, and gave up quickly after thinking of all the candidates for each catagory.

Heavyweight seems the easiest.

NChristo
03-25-2011, 06:43 PM
I thought about doing Lightweight, and gave up quickly after thinking of all the candidates for each catagory.

Heavyweight seems the easiest.

Haha same, got to 'Ring Generalship:' then started arguing with myself about who to choose and just gave up before I had a breakdown.

RubenSonny
03-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Featherweight
Power: Hamed/Saddler
Hand Speed: Pep
Ring Generalship: Pep
Chin: Armstrong/Saddler
Heart: Pep/Nelson/Marquez
Workrate: Armstrong/Sanchez
Combinations: Armstrong/Marquez
Footwork: Pep

If there was a dirty tactics category Saddler and Pedroza would be tied :lol1:

SCtrojansbaby
03-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Lightweight

Power:Alexis Arguello & Shane Mosley & Edwin Valero
Hand Speed:Hector Camacho
Ring Generalship:Floyd Mayweather
Chin:Julio Cesar Chavez
Heart:Roberto Duran
Workrate:Manny Pacquiao & Aaron Pryor
Combinations:Juan Manuel Marquez

BigStereotype
03-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Lightweight

Power:Alexis Arguello & Shane Mosley & Edwin Valero
Hand Speed:Hector Camacho
Ring Generalship:Floyd Mayweather
Chin:Julio Cesar Chavez
Heart:Roberto Duran
Workrate:Manny Pacquiao & Aaron Pryor
Combinations:Juan Manuel Marquez

I like most of your picks except one...

Edwin Valero? Really? I liked it until the DeMarco fight, which was definitely an attrition stoppage against a guy who is ten shades of awful. He was a banger, but a bigger hitter than Mosley or Arguello?

Other than that, I think everyone rates Pryor as a JWW or WW but looks good.

SCtrojansbaby
03-26-2011, 02:20 AM

Edwin Valero? Really? I liked it until the DeMarco fight, which was definitely an attrition stoppage against a guy who is ten shades of awful. He was a banger, but a bigger hitter than Mosley or Arguello?

Where did I say he was a bigger hitter then Mosley or Arguello? As far as Demarco how is he awful? Demarco fought a smart fight and protected his chin at all cost, all of Valero's big shots landed to the side of the head or body. Not to mention the HUGE cut Valero had which had to slow him down.

BigStereotype
03-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Where did I say he was a bigger hitter then Mosley or Arguello? As far as Demarco how is he awful? Demarco fought a smart fight and protected his chin at all cost, all of Valero's big shots landed to the side of the head or body. Not to mention the HUGE cut Valero had which had to slow him down.

Well you listed him with them, and I don't think he's got power even in the same league as them. Excellent knockout fighter, but not an ATG puncher in my opinion. And DeMarco...did you see his fight on the Rios vs. Acosta undercard? He really looked horrific. Valero showed pretty good skills and handspeed against DeMarco, but he landed some flush bombs in the later rounds and DeMarco never even looked that badly hurt. He just couldn't take the pressure. I'm sure his shots were hurting DeMarco more than he was letting on, but against a Mosley or Arguello, when they land flush it's not the sort of thing you can cover up. Your ass ends up on the ground. Not trying to **** on your picks or anything, just a question.

SCtrojansbaby
03-26-2011, 02:34 AM
Looked horrific how? One tough win=horrific?

If Valero doesn't have all time great power then I don't know what all time great power is. Valero's stoppage of Mosley was very very similar to Mosley's last fight at lightweight the guy just sold out to protect his chin.

Watch the Pitlua fight. Pitlua known for his rock solid chin hadn't been knocked down in over a decade and hasn't since. Valero got him out in 2 rounds

BigStereotype
03-26-2011, 02:53 AM
Looked horrific how? One tough win=horrific?

If Valero doesn't have all time great power then I don't know what all time great power is. Valero's stoppage of Mosley was very very similar to Mosley's last fight at lightweight the guy just sold out to protect his chin.

Watch the Pitlua fight. Pitlua known for his rock solid chin hadn't been knocked down in over a decade and hasn't since. Valero got him out in 2 rounds

One tough win against a fighter with no discernible skills, 0 handspeed and 0 power. A world class fighter would have dismantled that kid.

The Pitlua fight is a good example. I think that Valero was certainly a phenomenal puncher. He could have been more than that, but I don't think he was tested against good enough competition to really say that he has top 3 lightweight power. Duran, Armstrong, Mosley, Arguello, Corrales all had clearly better power, in my opinion, because they showed it against better opponents.

SCtrojansbaby
03-26-2011, 03:19 AM
One tough win against a fighter with no discernible skills, 0 handspeed and 0 power. A world class fighter would have dismantled that kid.

The Pitlua fight is a good example. I think that Valero was certainly a phenomenal puncher. He could have been more than that, but I don't think he was tested against good enough competition to really say that he has top 3 lightweight power. Duran, Armstrong, Mosley, Arguello, Corrales all had clearly better power, in my opinion, because they showed it against better opponents.

JMM must be beyond awful he lost to a guy nobody has ever heard of.

Valero showed his power against Pitalua who has an elite chin. Also Vicente Mosquera the guy who gave Valero by far his toughest fight was a top prospect until Valero ruined him. Not his fault Valero had that effect.

BigStereotype
03-26-2011, 03:23 AM
JMM must be beyond awful he lost to a guy nobody has ever heard of.

Valero showed his power against Pitalua who has an elite chin. Also Vicente Mosquera the guy who gave Valero by far his toughest fight was a top prospect until Valero ruined him. Not his fault Valero had that effect.

That was in his first pro fight by DQ. I've never seen the fight (is it on film? I doubt it), but I've heard that the DQ was questionable.

As for Valero, I think we just disagree on exactly how devastating his power was proven to be.

RubenSonny
03-26-2011, 11:20 AM

He came up as a lightweight and moved up to junior welterweight because he couldn't get a title shot.

RubenSonny
03-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Lightweight
Power: Armstrong, Gans
Hand Speed: Camacho
Ring Generalship: Whitaker
Chin: Duran
Heart: Corrales
Combinations: Armstrong, Marquez
Footwork: Whitaker

Ziggy Stardust
03-26-2011, 04:12 PM
then I don't know what all time great power is.

Bingo! There's your answer!

Steak
03-26-2011, 04:48 PM
He came up as a lightweight and moved up to junior welterweight because he couldn't get a title shot.
well, he beat no one of note at lightweight, he shouldnt have gotten a title shot.

SCtrojansbaby
03-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Lightweight
Power: Armstrong, Gans
Hand Speed: Camacho
Ring Generalship: Whitaker
Chin: Duran ?????
Heart: Corrales
Combinations: Armstrong, Marquez
Footwork: Whitaker

Duran got put down a few times by DeJesus? Mosley Chavez and Camacho all have far better chins IMO

RubenSonny
03-26-2011, 06:27 PM
well, he beat no one of note at lightweight, he shouldnt have gotten a title shot.

I might've got confused with that, I think he moved up because no one (contenders) would fight him.

KO'er
03-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Heavyweight

Power: George Foreman
Hand Speed: Mike Tyson
Ring Generalship: Muhammad Ali
Chin: Muhammad Ali
Heart: Evander Holyfield
Workrate: Joe Frazier
Combinations: Joe Louis

Didn't want to give Ali too much lol. Him and Tyson are very similar in handspeed but I gave the edge to Tyson this time cos of this.