View Full Version : Tough & Tougher...

Wild Blue Yonda
03-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Here's the rub, you name two fighters, & the next responding member states which they think was tougher. Preferably, they just give the name, or a short explanation at most, before naming another two, & waiting for the next person, & on we go down the line.

Let's get the ball rolling with a throwback...

Mickey Walker, or Carmen Basilio?

SCtrojansbaby
03-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Who????????

Ziggy Stardust
03-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Who????????

^^^^^ Fvckin' retard :puke:

Wild Blue Yonda
03-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh, dear. I just named two legends of the sport. You've not heard of these men? I don't believe that.

SCtrojansbaby
03-22-2011, 09:54 PM
I have heard the name Carmen Bassilo before but I know absolutely nothing about him except that i am pretty sure he wasn't a heavyweight

BigStereotype
03-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Basilio

Ali or Hagler?

$Natedatpkid$
03-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Basilio

Ali or Hagler?

I know Hagler didn't back down in fights from nobody and always came forward, but Ali just stood in front of the hardest punchers in the 60's and 70's and just straight took it. I can just say ali based on the rumble in the jungle. Before that fight, if you told somebody the way for Ali too beat Foreman was too just stand against the rope and let him tire himself by letting him beat the ***** out of you then out box him, you would have been checked into a mental hospital. THEN ALI DID IT!!!

Jake Lamotta or Felix Trinidad?

Rockin'
03-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Basilio

Ali or Hagler?

Basillio could absorb rare amounts of punishishment and keep responding and alot of times winning. But Mickey Walker would dish out too much punishment in this one. RSC-8 .........Rockin':boxing:

DarkTerror88
03-22-2011, 10:52 PM
I know Hagler didn't back down in fights from nobody and always came forward, but Ali just stood in front of the hardest punchers in the 60's and 70's and just straight took it. I can just say ali based on the rumble in the jungle. Before that fight, if you told somebody the way for Ali too beat Foreman was too just stand against the rope and let him tire himself by letting him beat the ***** out of you then out box him, you would have been checked into a mental hospital. THEN ALI DID IT!!!

Jake Lamotta or Felix Trinidad?

Its hard to be LaMotta

Imma say Chuvalo maybe.

PS Nate im glad to see you back in the section, your a good poster.

Quarry
03-23-2011, 03:08 AM
Lennox or Bruno

Wild Blue Yonda
03-23-2011, 04:22 AM
Id say Bruno. About the only thing he had over Lewis, & even that is debatable.

Heres a doozie...Frazier, or Chavez?

Barnburner
03-23-2011, 04:26 AM
I have to say Basilio but, it's mighty close and the fact he is one of my favourite fighters may have been a factor in the decision.

I would say Hagler over Ali. Hagler doesn't get hurt.

Jake LaMotta, have you seen the shots this man took from Ray Robinson and kept going. Unbelievable.

Barnburner
03-23-2011, 04:27 AM

Another Tough one. Both have great heart, Frazier probably slightly more toughness but, Chavez' chin edges it for me.

New England
03-24-2011, 11:00 AM
andre dirrell or devon alexander..... :Flush:
:popcorn:

The Surgeon
03-24-2011, 01:01 PM

Frazier. I dont think they come much tougher....
Chavez showed he had quit in him late in his career when he was on the slide

Margarito or Corrales?

them_apples
03-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Another Tough one. Both have great heart, Frazier probably slightly more toughness but, Chavez' chin edges it for me.

well Frazier was tougher, but in terms of physical hardness Chavez was near bullet proof.

them_apples
03-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Frazier. I dont think they come much tougher....
Chavez showed he had quit in him late in his career when he was on the slide

Margarito or Corrales?

I'm going to say Margarito by a hair.

corrales has incredible heart but he wasn't tougher than Marg..esp after the beating we saw him take recently.

them_apples
03-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Frazier or Hagler

i'm going with Hagler imo...tuoghest mother around...(see the mugubi fight)

BigStereotype
03-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Morales or Big George?

Barnburner
03-24-2011, 03:31 PM
well Frazier was tougher, but in terms of physical hardness Chavez was near bullet proof.
Yes but, there are different definitions of tough.

I was going: Toughness, Heart and Chin. The reason the chin difference is what seperates them, without chin I think it's Frazier.

Barnburner
03-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Frazier or Hagler

i'm going with Hagler imo...tuoghest mother around...(see the mugubi fight)
Both my favourite fighters, touch choice.
Hagler was never really tested bar the Mugabi fight, so it's hard to tell.

The Surgeon
03-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Morales or Big George?

El Terrible :boxing:

Bowe or Cotto

BigStereotype
03-24-2011, 04:41 PM
El Terrible :boxing:

Bowe or Cotto

Gotta love Cotto, but I don't have any doubt that it's Bowe. Bowe could really dig down deep and will himself through some pain. I.e. the Golota fights.