View Full Version : Prime Fedor vs. Prime Jon Jones, WHO R U PICKING?

SuckaPunch
03-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Prime Fedor vs. Prime Jon Jones, WHO R U PICKING?

Btw, Jon Jones isn't prime yet in my opinion.

(Btw, I think Jones will fight at heavyweight once he destroys all the light heavy's)

BoxingTech718
03-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Jones isn't prime yet so this question is invalid. Dude is still developing scary huh? End thread////

the traveler
03-20-2011, 01:34 AM
what weightclass?

Also prime Fedor was scary, but you gotta remember that he had never faced someone like jones.

I'll take Fedor if they fought in pride and jones if it was in the ufc.

SkillspayBills
03-20-2011, 01:36 AM
Jon Jones is 3-5 years away from his prime.

Fedor in his prime was so good that it was literally unimaginable to fathom him losing. It was like Roy Jones in his prime, why watch the fight when you know who is going to win?

King Ghidorah
03-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Jones will never face a guy like Fedor ever........

Fedor has fought top levle wrestlers and all styles and beat them at their own game and also has fought guys like this guy....

the traveler
03-20-2011, 02:38 AM
it's human nature for people to always have these romantic views about people in the past while overlooking what is there in front of you, but when it comes down to it is usually the person in the present that is more talented due to human evolution, sport knowledge..etc.

monaroCountry
03-20-2011, 04:43 AM
it's human nature for people to always have these romantic views about people in the past while overlooking what is there in front of you, but when it comes down to it is usually the person in the present that is more talented due to human evolution, sport knowledge..etc.

Its easy to be caught up in the moment and forget the dominance of past fighters.

Its more like human devolution with a far more comfortable lifestyle people now days have, Fedor and his family starved and etched their living from the harsh Russian winters though hard work and dedication.

Sports knowledge of todays fighters is seriously lacking especially compared with fedor who is great on the ground and on his feet, has superb stamina, great accuracy, great power,t mind, and very agile. Jones has never beaten a top level olympic wrestler + top Judo fighter + top kickboxer + top boxer + top BJJ and top sambo fighters all in their prime.

BTW American kickboxing is nowhere near international caliber and college wrestling is nowhere near Olympic level.

fathergll
03-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Jones will never face a guy like Fedor ever........

Fedor has fought top levle wrestlers and all styles and beat them at their own game and also has fought guys like this guy....

Wow you are indeed a retard.

The level of MMA is higher now than back in 2003 and will continue to grow. Making a statement that Jones won't fight someone on Fedor's level is ignorant especially considering the 205 class is much more stacked and there are no cans. Remember even though Fedor beat the best guys of the time he also had plenty of give me fights(Egidijus Valavicius, Fujita, Goodridge, Ogawa, Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, Zuluzinho, 2006 Mark Coleman).

Jones is by far the best prospect that MMA has seen. Whether or not he keeps it up is another story but no one has been able to come into a stacked weight class like 205 and make guys look like complete amateurs.

the traveler
03-21-2011, 11:38 PM
I can't wait till guys like fedor, shogun, wanderlei retire so people like monarocounty can stop watching.

j.cap
03-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Fedor Emelianenko!

Clegg
03-22-2011, 01:49 AM

:wtf1::nonono::rofl:

photomane
03-23-2011, 01:11 AM
Prime Fedor vs. Prime Jon Jones, WHO R U PICKING?

Btw, Jon Jones isn't prime yet in my opinion.

(Btw, I think Jones will fight at heavyweight once he destroys all the light heavy's)

You must be new to MMA to ask such a thang!:chomp:

snakey112
03-23-2011, 02:34 AM
bones is far from his prime, and has years to improve, but current bones vs prime fedor I have to go with fedor every time

F l i c k e r
03-23-2011, 04:51 AM
I chose Jon Jones. Unless Fedor gets lucky by some whacked out miracle like alot of the time. Jones runs through him.

Prime Fedor got swashed buckled by prime Cro Cop then all of a sudden the grace of god shined on Fedor and then the fight pulled a complete 180 and Crop Cop gets the **** kicked out of him. Same thing for a 'not so prime' Fedor fighting Arlovski, then by the grace of god, Arlovski goes for a idiotic flying knee and goes to sleep.

I can see it happen too. Jon will go for something crazy, maybe the spinning elbow and then get cold clocked. I still go for Jones though, even though it is possible he is given a pair while Fedor gets 3 of a kind.

The_Demon
03-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Fedor rapes him

makkhinho
03-24-2011, 02:14 AM
Fedor got swashed buckled against Crocop? Fedor got lucky against Crocop? You just don't know what the hell you're talking about. Fedor consistently dominated crocop for all 3 rounds in the standup and also on the ground. It was crocop who almost got lucky one time by pulling of his left high kick- and that was about it. Please do yourself a favor and watch a fight, since it's obvious you didn't. It's one of the most action packed fights in the history of mma.

$BloodyNate$
03-24-2011, 02:17 AM
Fedor by flying gogoplata!!!

GreatestIam
03-24-2011, 02:59 AM
In all honesty this would be a great fight, Jones is unique unorthodox but also swift percise and able to use all facets of the cage and his body... Fedor on the other had was skilled, powerful accurate and able to dominate his opponents on the ground with his body and his feet with inside moves and straights shots.... I honestly think Jon Jones has all the tools to give a Prime Fedor a run for his money this would be a close fight id give Prime Fedor the edge in, but wouldnt be suprised if Jones KOed or Submitted Fedor...

F l i c k e r
03-24-2011, 05:59 AM
Fedor got swashed buckled against Crocop? Fedor got lucky against Crocop? You just don't know what the hell you're talking about. Fedor consistently dominated crocop for all 3 rounds in the standup and also on the ground. It was crocop who almost got lucky one time by pulling of his left high kick- and that was about it. Please do yourself a favor and watch a fight, since it's obvious you didn't. It's one of the most action packed fights in the history of mma.

haha, boxing scene has that effect on people. Looks like you contracted boxing scene's disease of "If I skim it and it don't fall in line with my beliefs. You don't know ****."

Re-read. Relax. Re-post. :wave:

doomrider7
03-26-2011, 01:48 AM
Jones isn't prime yet so this question is invalid. Dude is still developing scary huh? End thread////

This. The fact that he's only had 2-3 years of formal MMA training and hasn't even reached his prime or full potential yet was able to lay on of the most brutal beatings on Shogun causing to tap is pretty telling. Gotta go with Jones on this one.