View Full Version : Sweating Witout Exercise = Good?

Manny_P
09-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Ight, yo check it. Yestaday I had gym class. I ran a lil bit and sweated so it was all good. Then I rested fo a bit and ma sweat evaporated and all that.

Then, I went in ma car. It was so hot inside and I stayed there fo like 30 min. I sweated so much.

Ma question is: Is sweating like that healthy? i MEAN INSIDE A CAR IN A HOT WEATHA? No excercise?

What do I lose? Do I lose fat? Calories? etc

Thank you!

Dan1974
09-14-2005, 04:18 PM
When you are just taking about sweating, all you are loosing is water. Unless you are trying to cut wieght, you should replenish the water you are loosing when you sweat. After a really tough workout, I will sometimes sweat for 10 to 20 minutes after I stop working out. This is becuase my body is trying to cool down and bring my body temperature down to normal. It should not last for more time than that.

The more often and harder you workout, your metabolism will increase and you will end up burning more calories throughout the day. You don't sweat them out, your body just burns more to feed the muscles you build during your workout.

spinksjinx
09-15-2005, 07:49 AM
You are dehydrating yourself, if you sat in their got out and weighed yourself you will lose weight but as soon as you eat something or drink something it willc ome back.

Patron_of_Wrath
09-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Sweat is great for cleansing the pores. Helps to keep your skin clear of blemishes. I tell ya, nothing is nastier then punching a dude and having his zips squeege all over your gloves.