View Full Version : Jacare will dethrone Anderson...

$BloodyNate$
03-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Ain't no striker going to be able to beat him. He's the nicest striker in MMA. He's nasty.

But Jacare is a problem! Arguably the best BJJ in MMA not to mention that nasty judo. He's take Anderson down in a heart beat and embarass him on the ground.

I just wanted to be the first to say it once the UFC takes the best out of Strikeforce in the next several months. And if GSP were to get a shot before him, and if he actually won, I think Jacare could cause him major problems too. But hopefully we see GSP-Fitch 2 and GSP-Diaz while Jacare gets his shot.

Nick Fury
03-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Jacare gets murked by Anderson. His win over Kennedy was average

ƒallenloki
03-13-2011, 01:57 PM
If he can get on the inside and take Anderson down, it could get interesting. That's a big if though.

Lets not forget that while they're both BJJ black belts, Jacare is in another stratosphere

$BloodyNate$
03-13-2011, 03:01 PM
I mean I know Anderson has a good chance catching him before a takedown could happen, but he's alot more aggressive and is a totally different and I think better fighter then Damien Maia and Thales Leitis. He's get Anderson down eventually I think and be a nightmare.

jakkups
03-13-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't see the fight being much, if any, different than Silva's fight with Maia.

$BloodyNate$
03-13-2011, 04:25 PM
I don't see the fight being much, if any, different than Silva's fight with Maia.

Jacares a whole different animal then Maia. Jacare's built for MMA especially with his judo. He's fast, strong, and so much more athletic.

Anderson isn't nice with his wrestling like Kennedy. I'ma bookmark this thread and when Jacare beats him ima laugh.

ƒallenloki
03-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Jacare is a much better boxer than Maia too.

This is definitely a good fight though.

I'm excited to see the match ups now that the UFC has purchased Strikeforce.

Gojira
03-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Does this mean Fedor and Overeem will now fight UFC fighters or are they both being run as usuall.

$BloodyNate$
03-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Does this mean Fedor and Overeem will now fight UFC fighters or are they both being run as usuall.

They'll run separately but I think eventually after a few cards they'll be combined. I say by the end of this year, by next summer for sure.

- v e t -
03-13-2011, 09:06 PM
just watched this

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/9aAbd3HM960?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/9aAbd3HM960?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Jack3d
03-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Jacare is still to raw, iMO to beat Anderson. Besides he trains with Anderson doesn't he?

The man to beat Anderson is still Chael Sonnen.

Nick Fury
03-15-2011, 12:46 AM
just watched this

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/9aAbd3HM960?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/9aAbd3HM960?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Definitely the coolest HL video Ive ever seen. Dude definitely lives up to his name though...he even looks like a croc.

Clegg
03-15-2011, 01:21 AM
Jacare is still to raw, iMO to beat Anderson. Besides he trains with Anderson doesn't he?

The man to beat Anderson is still Chael Sonnen.

Maybe they should do Jacare-Sonne, we haven't seen Chael tapping for a few months now, it's about time for his 82nd career defeat IMO.

kaps
03-15-2011, 02:25 AM
Just what Anderson needs, another butt flopper...

$BloodyNate$
03-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Just what Anderson needs, another butt flopper...

Because Jacare is just the complete same style fighter or even grappler as Thales & Maia :rolleyes:

KMFO
03-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Probably less dancing would happen.

American_Ninja
03-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Yes Jacare is pretty good and very entertaining. But, he's not on Silva's
level at all. Silva is on a whole level of his own.

Don't look for this fight anytime soon. Silva may be very near the end of his career.

jakkups
03-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Jacares a whole different animal then Maia. Jacare's built for MMA especially with his judo. He's fast, strong, and so much more athletic.

Anderson isn't nice with his wrestling like Kennedy. I'ma bookmark this thread and when Jacare beats him ima laugh.

I agree, Jacare has adapted very well to MMA bringing his submission game with him. However, you forget he still only a submission artist as of right now and would need more than that to beat Anderson. To assume that his only real skill is more than enough to beat a very well-rounded elite fighter like Anderson is jumping the gun.

Tapping Anderson is the only way he can win, it's highly unlikely that he is gonna KO or blanket Anderson to a points victory. Anderson can win a number of ways, has experience both in his career and the big fight atmosphere, on his side and the intangibles that set him apart from everyone in his division, Jacare included.

He has to get close to Silva to take him down and in order to do that he has to engage him. Going for the clinch or takedown without doing this is not gonna work. Even the best wrestlers have had to engage him in order to get him down. Plus Jacare isn't hard to hit, doesn't have the best chin and Silva is by far the most precise and direct striker at 185.

Besides I don't see a guy who couldn't put Kennedy, Miller and Villasenor away giving Anderson too much trouble at least not at this stage of their careers. I mean the best opponent on his resume is Mousasi, and he got KO'ed. Anderson is on another level to Gegard. Jacare needs to improve on alot of things in order to be considered the man to dethrone Anderson.

Move BRICKS
03-17-2011, 05:49 PM
It doesn't seem to me that Jacare has improved his stand up since he got KTFO by Patino.

$BloodyNate$
03-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I agree, Jacare has adapted very well to MMA bringing his submission game with him. However, you forget he still only a submission artist as of right now and would need more than that to beat Anderson. To assume that his only real skill is more than enough to beat a very well-rounded elite fighter like Anderson is jumping the gun.

Tapping Anderson is the only way he can win, it's highly unlikely that he is gonna KO or blanket Anderson to a points victory. Anderson can win a number of ways, has experience both in his career and the big fight atmosphere, on his side and the intangibles that set him apart from everyone in his division, Jacare included.

He has to get close to Silva to take him down and in order to do that he has to engage him. Going for the clinch or takedown without doing this is not gonna work. Even the best wrestlers have had to engage him in order to get him down. Plus Jacare isn't hard to hit, doesn't have the best chin and Silva is by far the most precise and direct striker at 185.

Besides I don't see a guy who couldn't put Kennedy, Miller and Villasenor away giving Anderson too much trouble at least not at this stage of their careers. I mean the best opponent on his resume is Mousasi, and he got KO'ed. Anderson is on another level to Gegard. Jacare needs to improve on alot of things in order to be considered the man to dethrone Anderson.

Pretty valid points. I'm just going to say, Jake Shields or GSP couldn't finish Mayhem Miller either, he's never been submitted. Villasenor hasn't been tapped since like his 2nd pro fight and Kennedy's a good wrestler so he couldn't take him down, he out boxed him.

jakkups
03-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Pretty valid points. I'm just going to say, Jake Shields or GSP couldn't finish Mayhem Miller either, he's never been submitted. Villasenor hasn't been tapped since like his 2nd pro fight and Kennedy's a good wrestler so he couldn't take him down, he out boxed him.

Miller was still finished by Trigg, and Silva is far more dangerous than him, Shields and GSP who don't seem to be able to finish anyone right now. Jacare didn't outbox Kennedy, it was a close fight that was actually tough to call and yes he couldn't tap Villasenor. Fact is Jacare couldn't finish of these guys and didn't exactly have his way with them either or make them look like amateurs like Silva has done to alot of his opposition who are far and away the tougher fighters. I still see Silva making very easy or somewhat short work of Miller, Villasenor and Kennedy because they have to bring the fight to him in order to mount any sort of challenge, essentially playing right into Silva's hands.

Also, with the exception of Villasenor, all the people you mentioned are primarily grapplers. You are looking at this from a purely submission/grappling POV. There are more ways to win a fight than just tapping a guy. My point is that Silva has proven that no matter what style of fighter you put in front of him he has the answer. Stylistically, it's a good matchup for Silva since, much like his fights with Leites & Maia, he only has to worry about the submissions, everywhere else is pretty much to his advantage.

$BloodyNate$
03-19-2011, 04:24 AM
Styles definitely make fights, but Thales Leitis has no heart. He was scared to death of Silva. While Damien Maia ain't really all that good with takedowns he can just sucker you down with tricks. Jacare gets after people so I don't agree with the idea most are thinking that this would turn out to be another boring 5 round fight like against Thales and Maia.

Look at Lutter vs Silva. Lutter went after him that 1st round when he had gas and got him down. Jacare would have finished him. I think it'd atleast end in a great submission or brutal KO by Silva. Either one works for me.

jakkups
04-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Styles definitely make fights, but Thales Leitis has no heart. He was scared to death of Silva. While Damien Maia ain't really all that good with takedowns he can just sucker you down with tricks. Jacare gets after people so I don't agree with the idea most are thinking that this would turn out to be another boring 5 round fight like against Thales and Maia.

Look at Lutter vs Silva. Lutter went after him that 1st round when he had gas and got him down. Jacare would have finished him. I think it'd atleast end in a great submission or brutal KO by Silva. Either one works for me.

Getting after Silva is what gets guys hurt. Leites showed plenty of heart in all his fights barring Silva because he quickly realised the gulf in talent between the 2 and fought to survive. Jacare hasn't proven to have any heart either but has proved that he ain't got the chin to make through 5 rounds and outside of a quick submission he has nothing else to fall back on. Which ironically enough, was what Maia was banking on. You have to realise that Jacare, Leites and Maia are not that different. They're all one-dimensional fighters who have one way to win. Anderson can win a fight many different ways. It's like playing the lottery. A guy with one line (Jacare) has to hope that he gets lucky and win something, whereas a guy with 10 lines (Anderson) has more opportunities to win something and more than likely will.

I can see where you would look at the Lutter vs Silva fight as a way for Jacare to win but it isn't a good example IMO. It's easy to say Jacare would've finished him. But you don't actually mention a few details leading up to the fight which made the fight play out like it did. Silva had been 11 weeks out from double knee surgery. It hampered his training camp, as well as his overall movement and balance which made it easier for Lutter to impose his strength early on. Silva at 100% would've more than likely blown him out. It's no different than the Sonnen fight where he was injured going in. If you're not 100% your performance will show it. But he still pulled out the victory in both fights. At least you have changed your tune from "Jacare will dethrone Anderson" to either a submission win for Jacare or a KO for Silva. Though I still bet on the latter. :boxing:

$BloodyNate$
04-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Getting after Silva is what gets guys hurt. Leites showed plenty of heart in all his fights barring Silva because he quickly realised the gulf in talent between the 2 and fought to survive. Jacare hasn't proven to have any heart either but has proved that he ain't got the chin to make through 5 rounds and outside of a quick submission he has nothing else to fall back on. Which ironically enough, was what Maia was banking on. You have to realise that Jacare, Leites and Maia are not that different. They're all one-dimensional fighters who have one way to win. Anderson can win a fight many different ways. It's like playing the lottery. A guy with one line (Jacare) has to hope that he gets lucky and win something, whereas a guy with 10 lines (Anderson) has more opportunities to win something and more than likely will.

I can see where you would look at the Lutter vs Silva fight as a way for Jacare to win but it isn't a good example IMO. It's easy to say Jacare would've finished him. But you don't actually mention a few details leading up to the fight which made the fight play out like it did. Silva had been 11 weeks out from double knee surgery. It hampered his training camp, as well as his overall movement and balance which made it easier for Lutter to impose his strength early on. Silva at 100% would've more than likely blown him out. It's no different than the Sonnen fight where he was injured going in. If you're not 100% your performance will show it. But he still pulled out the victory in both fights. At least you have changed your tune from "Jacare will dethrone Anderson" to either a submission win for Jacare or a KO for Silva. Though I still bet on the latter. :boxing:

I love Jacare's judo & wrestling though. I feel as he has a better chance of getting the fight where he wants it. I do think think the fight will go down in 2 ways by Jacare submission or Silva KO, but I still think Jacare will be the man to dethrone him. Silva's takedown defense is far from GSP or Liddell. My main point is Jacare's judo & wrestling. It's easy for Anderson to just out point Thales and Maia by just keeping his distance because they aren't really guys with great takedowns like Jacare.

We'll see though since Strikeforce just got bought out and Jacare is the main guy I want to see inside the Octagon. Nobody's really talking about this fight at all when they merge which they should. I was actually thinking about bumping this thread a few days ago.

jakkups
04-16-2011, 03:27 PM
I love Jacare's judo & wrestling though. I feel as he has a better chance of getting the fight where he wants it. I do think think the fight will go down in 2 ways by Jacare submission or Silva KO, but I still think Jacare will be the man to dethrone him. Silva's takedown defense is far from GSP or Liddell. My main point is Jacare's judo & wrestling. It's easy for Anderson to just out point Thales and Maia by just keeping his distance because they aren't really guys with great takedowns like Jacare.

We'll see though since Strikeforce just got bought out and Jacare is the main guy I want to see inside the Octagon. Nobody's really talking about this fight at all when they merge which they should. I was actually thinking about bumping this thread a few days ago.

I see what you saying but blanketing Anderson may not get the job done. Thing is we still don't know what Jacare's gas tank is like. He may not be able to keep it up for 5 rounds since he still looks relatively tired after 2 rounds. The fact that he will rely on takedowns and grappling is no secret so I don't see why Silva wouldn't know this and work as hard as he ever has at stuffing these attempts. Silva's takedown defense may not be on par with a GSP, but Jacare's wrestling isn't on par with Sonnen or Hendo, and his Judo can only be applied if he gets in close which I don't see him doing without eating a few shots. He has to work on more than just his grappling. The guy hasn't ever beaten a top flight MW and the guys he has beaten don't hold a candle to Silva.

Either way, its a fight to be made at some point.

Clegg
04-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Just how high-level is his judo?

$BloodyNate$
04-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Just how high-level is his judo?

High level. He actually uses it too unlike Soko and even Karo has kept banging with people a little too much and gets caught.

He's been practicing judo since he was 16. Way before BJJ and he's an ATG BJJ guy.

F l i c k e r
04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
High level. He actually uses it too unlike Soko and even Karo has kept banging with people a little too much and gets caught.

He's been practicing judo since he was 16. Way before BJJ and he's an ATG BJJ guy.

I like Jacare too but no way. His Judo isn't like that. For Judo competition, he is legit but for MMA, the dude hardly uses it. He perfers traditional shoot takedowns to the clinch & flip.

Jacare is dope but he would get owned by Anderson. He had a rough time with Mousasi, albeit Mousasi got that lucky up-K. Anderson is just toooo deadly.