View Full Version : Comments Thread For: UFC Purchases Strikeforce in a Major MMA Shakeup

Jack3d
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Zuffa LLC, the parent company of UFC, has taken over their competition, Strikeforce. Yes, the largest mixed martial arts promotion in the world just got bigger by announcing Saturday that it acquired Strikeforce, a solid No. 2 MMA organization. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

[<b>Click Here To Read More</b> (http://www.boxingscene.com/mma/?m=show&id=1100)]

Mersey
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Shane Carwin put on Twitter that UFC have bought Strikeforce, but it will still be run by Scott Coker. Anybody seen anything about this?

Mersey
03-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Oh, probably bull**** :lol1:

- v e t -
03-12-2011, 01:52 PM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/12/zuffa-purchases-strikeforce/

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465954

- v e t -
03-12-2011, 01:52 PM
not that i can confirm....

Mersey
03-12-2011, 01:58 PM
This is great :D

- v e t -
03-12-2011, 01:59 PM
This is great :D

really? i think it sucks :lol1:

i hate UFC, but they have some good cards occasionally....

i feel like strikeforce will only go down hill from here on out

who knows!

Mersey
03-12-2011, 02:04 PM
really? i think it sucks :lol1:

i hate UFC, but they have some good cards occasionally....

i feel like strikeforce will only go down hill from here on out

who knows!

As long as Strikeforce keeps going the way it is and they do cross promotion fights.

'Sugar' Freddi
03-12-2011, 02:12 PM
According to Dana, they will still be two companies -- for at least 2 another years because of the deal that Strikeforce has with Showtime. I think they will definitely merge in the future but according to Dana, again, they will remain two separate companies.

BoxingTech718
03-12-2011, 02:43 PM
They should make Strickforce be for the HW, LH, MW div and UFC for WW and below.

$BloodyNate$
03-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Man this is whack as hell. So much for Eddie Alvarez vs Gilbert Melendez! Wonder how there going to deal with Paul Daley too now.

Las Vegas,
03-12-2011, 02:48 PM
OH NO. You can't be serious! Wow. Those greedy punks. They're doing the same thing to Strikeforce what they did with Pride and the WEC. Put on a few events for the fans. Then take there best stars and fire the rest. I hate Zuffa, greedy ****s.

Dorian
03-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Yes, it's official.

Dorian
03-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Kirby;10221842']OH NO. You can't be serious! Wow. Those greedy punks. They're doing the same thing to Strikeforce what they did with Pride and the WEC. Put on a few events for the fans. Then take there best stars and fire the rest. I hate Zuffa, greedy ****s.

It's B.S. I didn't think I'd see this happen but I knew Zuffa was going to do something about Strikeforce. Dana knows more and more people are starting to watch Strikeforce because their events are way more exciting and it's a growing organization.

Dana will now send his UFC 'rejects' to Strikeforce so he can milk more $ of them while slowly signing the big stars to the UFC.

bukakke
03-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Its good to be white :)

http://www.csnbayarea.com/common/medialib/223/299600.jpg

Dorian
03-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Funny how they are now big time partners with the company he always disses, Showtime.

BIGPOPPAPUMP
03-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Zuffa LLC, the parent company of UFC, has taken over their competition, Strikeforce. Yes, the largest mixed martial arts promotion in the world just got bigger by announcing Saturday that it acquired Strikeforce, a solid No. 2 MMA organization. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

[<b>Click Here To Read More</b> (http://www.boxingscene.com/mma/?m=show&id=1100)]

Clegg
03-12-2011, 04:36 PM
This has the potential to be a good thing.

But it won't be.

King Ghidorah
03-12-2011, 05:02 PM
You thought Boxing was dead.....

-Swizzy-
03-12-2011, 06:23 PM
next move, replace Dana White with Scott Coker.

BoxingTech718
03-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Looks like we might really get to see who has the best HW div now.

blaze778
03-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Damn.

I'm gonna miss Strikeforce. I knew Zuffa was gonna do something eventually about Strikeforce but not this soon.

I don't like this at all.

photomane
03-12-2011, 09:50 PM

Now we will see Fedor in the UFC.

Dorian
03-12-2011, 09:51 PM

Tell me about it. :dead:

Konstantin
03-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Looks like we might really get to see who has the best HW div now.

Yeah Im excited about this possibility.

-Swizzy-
03-12-2011, 11:00 PM
apparently strikeforce is gonna remain as its own entity for another 2 years. that doesn't make any sense. I don't see the benefits of that if they are all under the Zuffa promotions anyway. Unless the top fighters are brought to the UFC and they turn SF into a kinda minor leagues to their UFC.

No1
03-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Atleast wewill see the REEM kick all the ufc fighters ass.

Marchegiano
03-13-2011, 07:32 AM
apparently strikeforce is gonna remain as its own entity for another 2 years. that doesn't make any sense. I don't see the benefits of that if they are all under the Zuffa promotions anyway. Unless the top fighters are brought to the UFC and they turn SF into a kinda minor leagues to their UFC.

I think mostly it's just easier to honor contracts as best you can, and make changes after they've run up. given how expensive disgruntled employees can make court. Just guessing obviously.

I wonder how this effects FEG

Better hide Cain. War Overeem

MARKBNLV
03-13-2011, 08:38 AM
This sucks i feel bad for the fighters they will get less money because of this,and if they do not like it where do they turn Dream.

-Swizzy-
03-13-2011, 01:51 PM
I think mostly it's just easier to honor contracts as best you can, and make changes after they've run up. given how expensive disgruntled employees can make court. Just guessing obviously.

I wonder how this effects FEG

Better hide Cain. War Overeem
its basically to eliminate the competition is the only sense I get out of it. The fighters that are already signed with UFC and SF can't switch to the other zuffa promotion unless their contract is up. LOL. thats so retarded.

Dorian
03-13-2011, 03:26 PM

That's the spirit, bro! :cool2:

King Ghidorah
03-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Pride never die!!!!

Dorian
03-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Pride never die!!!!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FQl1JbuYrLk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BIg Smoke
03-14-2011, 01:47 AM
That's the spirit, bro! :cool2:

But do you think Overeem will still get the freedom he had with SF with UFC?

Dorian
03-14-2011, 01:50 AM
But do you think Overeem will still get the freedom he had with SF with UFC?

They have to let him fight in K1 and in Dream. Maybe they won't in K1 but he's the dream Heavyweight Champion. They should if not I'd prefer he goes to Japan and fights in Dream and K1 once his contract expires. That way he can fight 5-6 times a year like he averages rather than fight once per year like the rest of the UFC guys.

BIg Smoke
03-14-2011, 06:25 PM
They have to let him fight in K1 and in Dream. Maybe they won't in K1 but he's the dream Heavyweight Champion. They should if not I'd prefer he goes to Japan and fights in Dream and K1 once his contract expires. That way he can fight 5-6 times a year like he averages rather than fight once per year like the rest of the UFC guys.

Exactly man.

Like, if UFC doesn't allow to him to fight in K-1 anymore, I'd prefer for him to stay in Japan with Dream and K-1.

phallus
03-14-2011, 10:23 PM
This has the potential to be a good thing.

But it won't be.

You thought Boxing was dead.....

Damn.

I'm gonna miss Strikeforce. I knew Zuffa was gonna do something eventually about Strikeforce but not this soon.

damn, zuffa will suck out all the talent and leave the crap so SF can be another WEC, minor leagues for the UFC. white and the ferititti brothers are control freaks, i don't see reem having the freedom he had under coker, i think also they know if they can keep reem inactive through a contract then cain, lesnar, and some of the UFC guys have a chance at beating him, though i still think he'll kick all their asses