View Full Version : Who had the best right hand in the game

MRBOOMER
03-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Laser perfect perfection with power and speed

SCtrojansbaby
03-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Laser perfect perfection with power and speed

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LDrFQtbM2rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nachorjj
03-11-2011, 10:14 PM
now I go with Ismayl Syllakh

BigStereotype
03-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Uh...Tommy Hearns?

Steak
03-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Uh...Tommy Hearns?

bingo.
reading the opening post makes me instantly think of the right hand he landed on Duran. the 'lazer' descrip fits that punch perfectly.

New England
03-11-2011, 11:13 PM
joe louis

julian jackson

of course the aforementioned hearns

earnie shavers. no one has ever called this man a lazer.

danny lopez had about as brutal of a right hand you could throw at 126

jackson and shavers both hit dudes like they wanted them dead
wouldnt call them true masters at dropping it
but they swung a big stick

there's a list
add em to it

The_Demon
03-12-2011, 03:08 AM
I find it hard too say anybody apart from Hearns too be honest,the accuracy and devastating power of his right hand was truly breathe-taking

BennyST
03-12-2011, 05:30 AM
Hearns baby! That right hand was amazing!

The Surgeon
03-12-2011, 08:19 AM
U think right hand u think Tommy Hearns. The Best hands down

Another great right hand puncher worth a shout is Morales

Joeyzagz
03-12-2011, 11:49 AM
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4687/rahman.gif

Nick Name
12-28-2011, 02:52 PM
1. Tommy Hearns
2. Lennox Lewis
3. Wladimir Klitschko

kendom
12-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Joe Louis, accuracy was deadly

tenPt
12-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Hearns is a good choice. I always had alot of respect foe Edwin Rosario's right hand.

StefanYHU
12-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Mayweather dominates with the straight right

Barn
12-28-2011, 04:47 PM
As far as single shots go: Hearns, Louis, Bob Foster.

Using it as a key fight weapon: Mayweather, Ali.

RubenSonny
12-28-2011, 05:01 PM
As far as single shots go: Hearns, Louis, Bob Foster.

Using it as a key fight weapon: Mayweather, Ali.

Excellent choices, add Duran to the second category as well.

TBear
12-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Maybe I am too oldschool but I fail to see why Mayweather, Klitschko or most active fighters belong here.

New England
12-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Excellent choices, add Duran to the second category as well.

not to mention at LW if you didnt get out of the way or take some steam off of that thing you were going down

Money_May
12-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Hearns and Duran

joseph5620
12-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Uh...Tommy Hearns?

That would be my choice.

Doctor_Tenma
12-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Finito Lopez's right hand was the most accurate I've seen, Hearns for power definitely, Mayweather is also a good mention. Can't really say who had the best right hand though, too many to mention.

CarlosG815
12-28-2011, 05:55 PM
If I gotta pick one it's gotta be Tommy Hearns.

Joe Louis had a great right hand also. I don't see why Mayweather doesn't belong in the mix. He has dominated great fighters with the right hand. If Manny decides to ever take that fight, the world will see just how good that right and is. Accuracy and precision as good as any I'd say.

RubenSonny
12-28-2011, 05:58 PM
not to mention at LW if you didnt get out of the way or take some steam off of that thing you were going down

Agreed, it could be in both categories, it was excellent.

Forza
12-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Right hook: Julian jackson
Straight right: Hearns

Scott9945
12-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Joe Louis, accuracy was deadly

If I only get one choice, that would be it. Joe didn't need as much room as the others to get it home with one punch power.

RubenSonny
12-28-2011, 08:33 PM
If I gotta pick one it's gotta be Tommy Hearns.

Joe Louis had a great right hand also. I don't see why Mayweather doesn't belong in the mix. He has dominated great fighters with the right hand. If Manny decides to ever take that fight, the world will see just how good that right and is. Accuracy and precision as good as any I'd say.

Agreed, While Floyd doesn't possess a hugely powerful right hand, in terms of speed, accuracy and application, its up there with the best of them.

Barn
12-29-2011, 06:29 AM
Alexis Arguello, how did I forget!

nomadman
01-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Has anyone mentioned Kostya Tszyu yet? If not, shame on you!

Tszyu's combination of power, speed, precision and timing makes it one of the all time great weapons of the ring. And he could throw it all night long.

Barn
01-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Agreed, While Floyd doesn't possess a hugely powerful right hand, in terms of speed, accuracy and application, its up there with the best of them.
Another ban...

Toney Loc
01-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Why did Rubbensonny get banned?

ScrotieMcBooger
01-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Another ban...

Apparently the demented *******s and menstruating Kahnts got him banned :ugh1:

boxa_ali
01-07-2012, 11:39 PM
kostya tszyu best right hand

Shabba Rank$
01-08-2012, 03:32 AM
Peep the sig.

:D

Miburo
01-08-2012, 05:43 AM
El Flaco Explosivo.

Juof
01-08-2012, 12:56 PM
i liked gerald mclellans right hand

RubenEko
01-08-2012, 03:48 PM

My avatar...

Barn
01-08-2012, 03:50 PM
My avatar...
What was it?

How long you banned for?

RubenEko
01-08-2012, 03:53 PM
What was it?

How long you banned for?

A protest with the Israeli flag being burnt.

10 days, I'm undecided if I'm coming back atm, might just leave details for people to contact me e.g. facebook, email etc.

Barn
01-08-2012, 04:09 PM

10 days, I'm undecided if I'm coming back atm, might just leave details for people to contact me e.g. facebook, email etc.
Can't blame the site for that really.

RubenEko
01-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Can't blame the site for that really.

It wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't such a blatant bias. How many people got away with the Floyd KFC pictures, how long did they let steelhammer spout racist crap to posters including mods, how come Pastrano was never banned for his racist threads and yet I get banned without warning for something not even remotely close to the disgusting behaviour of those examples, and believe me there are far more. I've seen someone have a picture of Roger Mayweather fused with a chimp and only be informally warned by a mod in a thread they were posting in.

That's all I will say in this thread, this isn't the place for this discussion.

F l i c k e r
01-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Ricardo Lopez.

JAB5239
01-08-2012, 06:41 PM

What was your previous user name?

NChristo
01-08-2012, 06:58 PM

What was it?

How long you banned for?

Why did you get banned for that but Barn gets away with his PNE bollocks :/

NChristo
01-08-2012, 07:04 PM
On right hand but looking at it from a different angle, Jim Watt had a very under rated and probably the best right jab I've seen, was like a homing missile, not the fastest of punches but it rarely missed and carried plenty of weight.

RubenEko
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
What was your previous user name?

RubenSonny.

RubenEko
01-08-2012, 08:12 PM

Word is Rick Reeno is a fan of Haggis :dunno:

JAB5239
01-08-2012, 08:29 PM
RubenSonny.

My man!! Keep posting my friend, you're a great contributor.

RubenEko
01-08-2012, 09:00 PM
My man!! Keep posting my friend, you're a great contributor.

Was it not obvious? maybe your coffee hasn't kicked in friend? :lol1::lol1:

ps. thanks for the kind words.

Shadows
01-08-2012, 09:03 PM
I wondered why Ruben got banned.

He is right though, the mods are inconsistent with their punishments.

RubenEko
01-08-2012, 09:06 PM
I wondered why Ruben got banned.

He is right though, the mods are inconsistent with their punishments.

I don't understand why I didn't recieve a warning, well actually thats a lie, I think I have a good idea why...:boxing:

ps. what is that indonesian film called? you linked me the trailer awhile back.

Barn
01-09-2012, 02:43 AM
It's not going any time soon either :lol1:

BennyST
01-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Check out the right hand of Veeraphol Sahaprom in my other thread in their 2nd, and 3rd matches especially. Against as good a fighter as Nishioka is, to land it so often and with such frequency is highly impressive. He uses his right hand, as I've now noticed through all the southpaw fights I've seen of his, as a jab when he fights southpaws. He has an amazing jab, but uses it very little and ends up throwing lead right after lead right against southpaws.

Another guy, while we're off the main topic of general power and speed etc, is Ernesto Marcel. He used it exactly like Mayweather does today and probably just as good. Underrated fighter in general though.

It's pretty difficult to notice here due to quality, but this is his last fight, against a prime Arguello and you can see it in action, albeit only in a short, bad quality highlight video that is a highlight more for Arguello than it is for Marcel considering Arguello only won about 4 or 5 rounds out of the 15 and got a bit of a boxing lesson.
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fbsZ4VPxEss?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fbsZ4VPxEss?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Ray Corso
01-09-2012, 09:35 AM
World Champion Joe Louis.

-Huey-
01-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Finito Lopez

JAB5239
01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Im not trying to hijack this thread, but who had the best right hand to the body? I was watching the Louis-Baer fights again the other day and no heavyweight (or possibly any fighter) had a better right to the body than Louis. Who's was the best in history?

NChristo
01-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Im not trying to hijack this thread, but who had the best right hand to the body? I was watching the Louis-Baer fights again the other day and no heavyweight (or possibly any fighter) had a better right to the body than Louis. Who's was the best in history?

Tommy Hearns had a nasty right hand to the body.
Ray Robinson had a twisting right hand too the body that he called the Candy Cane.
Erik Morales
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EI3i1W9on6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Barn
01-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Ray Robinson had a twisting right hand too the body that he called the Candy Cane.
Erik Morales
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EI3i1W9on6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

p.s I <3 http://i39.tinypic.com/34pc3eh.jpg

Yeah I was going to mention Ray Robinsons punch. Spinks had quite a nice straight right to the body.

IronDanHamza
01-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Erik Morales

Underrated.

He had a great right hand to the body.

It's a hard punch to pull off.

New England
01-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Underrated.

He had a great right hand to the body.

It's a hard punch to pull off.

for two reasons

your opponent's left
and his right

lol!

you are an open book when you throw a right hand to the body from far enough away to actually punch hard with your right hand

mike tyson also threw an unbelievable right hand to the body, once he either got under his man's jab, or was able to back him up to the ropes or make him have to set his feet to keep mike away

he was lucky enough to be built with hands than generate power close enough to land a hard right hand from up close.
serious power

i wouldnt call it a striaght right hand though
he turned his knuckles over and generate power however he was able to land it, almost like a hook

Scott9945
01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
It's not going any time soon either :lol1:

What is PNE anyway? :dunno:

NChristo
01-09-2012, 08:30 PM
What is PNE anyway? :dunno:

Scum.

Scott9945
01-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Scum..

Ha. I Googled it and found out it was soccer. Nevermind...:)

JAB5239
01-09-2012, 09:02 PM

I think Hearns overall body punching is overlooked. Guy was a straight up beast when he went to the body.

joseph5620
01-10-2012, 05:31 AM
Morales and Saad Muhammad. I recently watched Mustafa Muhammad vs Marvin Johnson. Mustafa landed some brutal right hands to the body in that fight.

UglyPug
01-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Thomas Hearns. . .

/THREAD. . .

Nick Name
01-11-2012, 05:01 AM
1. Tommy Hearns (the best right hands I've ever seen. a beauty)
2. Lennox Lewis (perfect timing, best right uppercuts in the game. Sometimes he was a little too distracted tho)
3. Wladimir Klitschko (not a great brawler, he has poor balance, but he's developed a perfect combination of the 3 criteria I've listed below. best left-right combination in the game today: a true scientist)

Hell, I'll go with a top ten. Vastly arguable :)
Criteria: 1) power, 2) accuracy, 3) timing

4. Max Baer
5. Joe Louis (deadly accuracy, but his true name of the game was his overall boxing skills and speed)
6. Ernie Shavers
7. Rocky Marciano (tremendous right hooks)
8. Carlos Monzon (a true bomber, not that accurate tho)
9. George Foreman (lacked a little accuracy specially in his prime but had devastating power)
10. Rocky Graziano (similar to Monzon but less mean)

Honorable mentions: Alexis Arguello, Ray Robinson, Kelly Pavlik, prime Tyson

Spartacus Sully
01-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Hell, I'll go with a top ten. Vastly arguable :)
Criteria: 1) power, 2) accuracy, 3) timing

4. Max Baer
5. Joe Louis (deadly accuracy, but his true name of the game was his overall boxing skills and speed)
6. Ernie Shavers
7. Rocky Marciano (tremendous right hooks)
9. George Foreman (lacked a little accuracy specially in his prime but had devastating power)

Honorable mentions: Alexis Arguello, Ray Robinson, Kelly Pavlik, prime Tyson

no julian jackson?

NChristo
01-11-2012, 09:33 AM

You don't think Monzon's right hand was accurate ?.

Similar in what way exactly ?, I see nothing in comparison between the two.

Scott9945
01-11-2012, 09:59 AM

I was just about to ask the same thing.

NChristo
01-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I was just about to ask the same thing.

Rarely seen him miss that scary 1-2 he had or his over hand.

Barn
01-11-2012, 11:33 AM

There was me thinking that Monzon's effective right was mostly to do with accuracy.

I'd hate to fight Monzon he's an optical illusion. Doesn't look the fastest but somehow lands easily on elite fighters and slips or blocks their punches effortlessly.

lightsout_finit
01-11-2012, 12:15 PM
For me it's Robinson, Hearns and Arguello
All 3 guys were swift, accurate and there punches had the effect of a vulcan neck pinch to the face.

lil red lopez had a sick right hand too......

Nick Name
01-12-2012, 06:37 AM
There was me thinking that Monzon's effective right was mostly to do with accuracy.

I mean, look at him. He sure wasn't what we call "a surgeon": he was all over the place. I bet you were just thinking wrong. :)

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6nLfhGRt8y4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nick Name
01-12-2012, 06:49 AM

I tell you what they had in common:
1) their right hands landed anywhere but where they directed them :D :D
2) their blows hurted anywhere they landed.

NChristo
01-12-2012, 06:59 AM
I mean, look at him. He sure wasn't what we call "a surgeon": he was all over the place. I bet you were just thinking wrong. :)

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6nLfhGRt8y4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not really one of the best of videos too post seeing as it only shows glimpses of fights. A surgeon is exactly what Monzon was.

You're the first person I've heard say that Carlos Monzon was ''all over the place'', because he wasn't.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MyrqTndVJB8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NChristo
01-12-2012, 07:01 AM
I tell you what they had in common:
1) their right hands landed anywhere but where they directed them :D :D
2) their blows hurted anywhere they landed.
Goto 2:28 please, not exactly punches from a cave man.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-VJYDP-aojQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't know what Monzon fights you've been watching but he was no cave man like you seem too think.

IronDanHamza
01-12-2012, 07:22 AM

:lol1: :lol1:

You're not serious.

The Surgeon
01-12-2012, 07:39 AM
When i think right hand to the body two guys spring to mind - Roy Jones & Mike Tyson!

Jones dint throw it that often and rarely with such effect but im throwing his name out there anyway because that right hand body punch KO of Hill was That Good!
Tyson set up a lot of his KO's with a hard right hand dig to the body, his KD of Ribalta (Right to the body right uppercut to the head) is just beautiful to watch.... He really set Bruno up bad (among others) with it for the finish after ducking the left hook in their second bout, actually he smashed a great one in in their first fight too before hammering home a classic Tyson uppercut followed by the left hook

Tommy Hearns is another, he whipped them in and not only did they hurt a guy and wear him down they looked just flat out painful! Stinging shot

Right hands up stairs, Tommy again, he's the Daddy in that department as far as im concerned.

G Man had a Monster of a right (rival'd only by his left hook downstairs)

Joe Louis threw it perfectly and with devastating results...

Perhaps not in those guys league but i always enjoyed watching Tim Witherspoon and Riddick Bowe whale away with overhand rights....

Barn
01-12-2012, 11:18 AM
When i think right hand to the body two guys spring to mind - Roy Jones & Mike Tyson!

Jones dint throw it that often and rarely with such effect but im throwing his name out there anyway because that right hand body punch KO of Hill was That Good!
Tyson set up a lot of his KO's with a hard right hand dig to the body, his KD of Ribalta (Right to the body right uppercut to the head) is just beautiful to watch.... He really set Bruno up bad (among others) with it for the finish after ducking the left hook in their second bout, actually he smashed a great one in in their first fight too before hammering home a classic Tyson uppercut followed by the left hook

Tommy Hearns is another, he whipped them in and not only did they hurt a guy and wear him down they looked just flat out painful! Stinging shot

Right hands up stairs, Tommy again, he's the Daddy in that department as far as im concerned.

G Man had a Monster of a right (rival'd only by his left hook downstairs)

Joe Louis threw it perfectly and with devastating results...

Perhaps not in those guys league but i always enjoyed watching Tim Witherspoon and Riddick Bowe whale away with overhand rights....
Frazier had a nice right hook to the body as well.

The Surgeon
01-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Frazier had a nice right hook to the body as well.

True Barn very true, i think Joe Frazier i think Left hook but he did a lot of good work with that right to the body, he could really grind a guy down Joe

Watched Frazier vs Foreman 2 last night and he actually drew George in at one point before springing out with a fast snappy right cross to the face, t'was lovely

Nick Name
01-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Not really one of the best of videos too post seeing as it only shows glimpses of fights. A surgeon is exactly what Monzon was.

Sorry but I still stand by my opinion: Monzon had a devastating right hand but he had quite a tousled, savage approach and often used to hit his opponents to the back of the head.

GoogleMe
01-13-2012, 02:38 AM
Thomas Hearns or Julian Jackson.

Floyd's got a sick right hand also, but it lacks the power of Hearns.

The Surgeon
01-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Thomas Hearns or Julian Jackson.

Floyd's got a sick right hand also, but it lacks the power of Hearns.

Give me the power of a Hearns right hand over Mayweather's anyday but good call, not on their level of power but its a great shot. He doubles and triples with it and on occasion even quadruples it, he sneaks it in from various angles, counters beautifully with it, scores up AND down well with it.... Its a great punch for him

goblin213
01-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Michael Spinks

The Surgeon
01-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Not quite Hearns-esque but Tito Trinidad had an excellent right cross, often overlooked because of how great his left hook was. Tito threw it like a baseball pitcher and it had range

Tszyu needs a mention too, when he got that bazooka like right zeroed in you knew about it...

Say what u will about David Haye lord knows there is plenty of negatives but he had one of the most brutal right crosses the Cruiserweight division has ever seen - im talking about when he shot it out straight, behind the jab usually. Not that crappy looping one.....

And lets not forget Suzy Q! Marciano could BANG with that right

joseph5620
01-13-2012, 04:18 PM
:lol1: :lol1:

You're not serious.

The sctrojans virus, Dan.:lol1: