View Full Version : How Hyped Are You For Shogun vs Jones?

Perfect Plex
03-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Were does this rank for hype and excitment? Only 9 days away now! :boxing:

Move BRICKS
03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm really excited, been a fan of Chute Boxe fighters since the pride days and especially Shogun. He's just devastating and brutal, a true testament to Brazilian fighters and the PRIDE FC mentality.

And it's great to see Jones get a shot. He's a hometown fighter so I've got love for him automatically. People are calling him the future of the sport and though he's a little green, his athleticism is incredible as far as the sport of MMA goes.. He's a true athlete and it's only a matter of time until these super refined, top-tier athletes start breaking into the sports.

So it's win-win for me. I'll never bet against a Chute Boxe fighter, but I don't have it in my heart to bet against a young and hungry home town fighter either.

Should be a great fight!

:boxing:

kaps
03-09-2011, 10:57 PM
3/10.........

FreeFocus
03-10-2011, 12:16 AM
I think this fight is second only to GSP/Penn II for me. Really looking forward to this fight..

Perfect Plex
03-10-2011, 11:40 AM
3/10.........

Wow, why so low? What dont you like about it?

$BloodyNate$
03-10-2011, 01:42 PM
I wish we could have seen Shogun-Evans and Rampage-Shogun 2 before this.

I actually think Jones will win though just for the fact Shogun doesn't have enough time to train specifically for him since he's been trading for Rashad whos a complete different fighter.

Shogun just needs to go in there and go for broke. Hurt and put some fear into Jones before he can get into a rhythem. You know he'll get taken down anyway so just throw the whole arsenal of knees and kicks before he takes you down, then use his BJJ to get back up.

It's kind of cool clash of styles so it will be a great fight to watch, hopefully not short, but I just wasn't ready for this to happen so soon.

ƒallenloki
03-10-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm excited.

I see Shogun KO'ing Jones with a counter hook in a scramble.

GreatestIam
03-11-2011, 09:46 AM
10/10 man im so up in the air i want Jones to win but in the past ive said Shogun is unstoppable at 205, then comes Jones if i had to bet my bottom dollar id go with the young gun Jones!!!

Las Vegas,
03-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I like the match up and I'm very excited for it. 10/10.

JoHnNyBoXeR
03-13-2011, 04:45 AM
i got 3 million on bones jones

JoHnNyBoXeR
03-13-2011, 04:46 AM
I think this fight is second only to GSP/Penn II for me. Really looking forward to this fight..

u buggin penn aint nothin like what he used to be.. jones and shogun is much better macth

FreeFocus
03-13-2011, 01:16 PM
u buggin penn aint nothin like what he used to be.. jones and shogun is much better macth

Wait, what? I'm talking about how pumped I was in the lead-up to GSP/Penn II. I'm saying that Jones/Shogun is my most anticipated fight since then, but on second thought the Shogun/Machida fights are also definitely up there for me too.

GhostfaceKillah
03-13-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm excited.

I see Shogun KO'ing Jones with a counter hook in a scramble.

:lol1:

Really precise prediction.. I know the fights fixed if that happens.

I see Jones pulling off the upset, he has alot of physical advantages and if he uses them he can neutralize Shoguns power and win a decision.