View Full Version : Fight Night Champion your thoughts so far ??

CiganoBoxer
03-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Fight Night Champion whats your thoughts so far ??

Mannie Phresh
03-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Fight Night Champion whats your thoughts so far ??

is that you with klitshcko in your avatar?

Mersey
03-05-2011, 03:06 PM
is that you with klitshcko in your avatar?

Tyson Fury

Mannie Phresh
03-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Tyson Fury

thanks ill have to youtube some of his fights, is he good.

Mersey
03-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I love it so far, the 2 Fight Now fights I had were great.

Had a war against Vitali using Holyfield, tough fight but it was amazing.

I jumped into the Champion Mode, I'm on the last fight already. I like it, I'd never play through it again. The challenges were realistic but they frustrated me at times.

Mersey
03-05-2011, 03:09 PM

He's ok. He seemed to gain too much hype though just because his name is "Tyson Fury" :lol1:

I want to see him fight somebody decent first.

Mannie Phresh
03-05-2011, 03:12 PM
He's ok. He seemed to gain too much hype though just because his name is "Tyson Fury" :lol1:

I want to see him fight somebody decent first.

yeah i heard the name before lol. i love this game im beating the **** out of haye again and again. the graphics, gameplay and the faster pace is a great upgrade from 4. god i love whippin haye lol

Cassius Liston
03-05-2011, 04:23 PM

youtube him uppercutting himself in the face

CiganoBoxer
03-05-2011, 06:03 PM
So far i think ..so so :(...the story is good but is the game play any better ?

BigStereotype
03-05-2011, 06:15 PM
yeah i heard the name before lol. i love this game im beating the **** out of haye again and again. the graphics, gameplay and the faster pace is a great upgrade from 4. god i love whippin haye lol

:rofl: I one punch'd Haye three times in a row. It didn't get old.

Cassius Liston
03-05-2011, 09:26 PM
:rofl: I one punch'd Haye three times in a row. It didn't get old.

lol I like going Klit against haye and jabbing his brains out.. lol but its hard to keep him at a distance for the first two rounds

wichito_one
03-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I like the game but its far from being a sim. I play offline mainly and with bunch of friends that play the way its meant to be played (realistic). But it has glitches and online its pretty crappy, I just hope someone realeases a more sim boxing game. The game has its flaws but if you look you can find some good things. Sliders are still jacked, and hopefullly it gets patched soon, but the worst thing is when it freezes for no reason. :(

Fearless
03-06-2011, 03:40 AM
The game aite so far... its a bit harder for some reason. I'm starting to use the buttons to hit as opposed to the right joystick. I guess its easier to string combos with the buttons.

RisAri0
03-06-2011, 04:08 AM
The game aite so far... its a bit harder for some reason. I'm starting to use the buttons to hit as opposed to the right joystick. I guess its easier to string combos with the buttons.

yup...but using the buttons will make u want to use the joystick I say, it throws quicker than the buttons do and the uppercuts do wonders on the joystick....buttons were made for jabs or a lead right/left

Equilibrium
03-06-2011, 08:52 AM
It's not perfect but it is the best fight night game so far.

Loving it. Every fight is different, the Ai fighters don't all fight like counter punching geniuses anymore.

Naps
03-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm 11-1 online, on a 9 fight win streak. I'm unbeatable with Tyson.

Barn
03-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Everything is good really pleased with the game.

I only quam is David Haye is on the cover and Champion mode is far too cheesey.

Mersey
03-06-2011, 02:27 PM
****ing Isaac Frost is a monster. I'm struggling to beat him.

abdiel2k3
03-06-2011, 02:37 PM
had a bunch of peep over other day
none gamers and non boxing fans
the 1st couple of fights were hillarious
fukin rockem sockem robots
no defense no head movement nothin
after couple matches and everyone understandin theres more to just punchin over n over
everyone loved it
a couple even said they were gonna go buy it

BigStereotype
03-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Here's a little wishlist for the first patch...

A Block Strength slider. Guys like Winky just get demolished because too many punches get through the guard.
The sliders should be slightly more effective. They just make minor changes now, I really want to shape how the fights play out. Same with the tendencies. For the most part, those are effective, but the "fights dirty" and "clinches often" aren't as extreme as I'd like. I want Duran to wrestle and maul you on the inside, not randomly clinch once in a while and try to sneak in a headbutt twice a fight.
FIX THE TAUNTS...seriously, I haven't gotten away with one without getting slugged yet. You stand in place for like three or four seconds begging to get nailed. I was hoping for more Ali/Whitaker taunts where you could clown in front of your opponent and still make him miss. That's sort of the point.
A couple more ringwalks would be nice. Basically, I just want my Clottey CAB to get his groove on before he comes in.

Really, just some minor tweaks. The foundation of this game is really strong. Just beat Isaac Frost (second try, Champ level). That was some gratifying **** because he is a BEAST.

Mersey
03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Finally beat Isaac Frost, took me about 2 hours...

Thank **** that is over.

SirTomJones
03-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I was Timothy Bradley and I got knocked down in the first round by a jab. It was the first punch he threw too.

What a load of bollocks.

Clegg
03-06-2011, 11:56 PM
How can you view an instant replay after scoring a knockdown?

ИATAS
03-07-2011, 12:11 AM
How can you view an instant replay after scoring a knockdown?

if u go to my highlight reel at the main menu after u exit the fight ur previous fight is there

Equilibrium
03-07-2011, 12:19 AM
had a bunch of peep over other day
none gamers and non boxing fans
the 1st couple of fights were hillarious
fukin rockem sockem robots
no defense no head movement nothin
after couple matches and everyone understandin theres more to just punchin over n over
everyone loved it
a couple even said they were gonna go buy it

Same, i had some friends over last night and we played for like 3 hours straight.

In fight night round 4 it came to a point where my friends didn't want to play against me anymore, because of the heavy emphasis on counter punching and the fact it wasn't really newbie friendly.

With this one it took a couple of fights each of them to adjust but the fights i played against them were much more competitive. I actually lost 2, and to win the other ones i had to play at my best.

And yeah Issac Frost is a *****. It's not even that he's that hard, it's just cheap. It's like instead of making him harder by giving better ai with good stats. They completely changed the rules just for him, he can hurt you while you are blocking, he can drop you with 1 punch. On the otherside you have absolutely no chance of hurting him before the body shots rounds.

It's a gimmick, i will beat it but it's not fun. Wish they had made him an actual challenge and not just a fight with bull**** rules.

I tried to hurt him in the first two rounds, i must have landed over 150 power shots in those 2 rounds, you can't even hurt him.

Boxer1590
03-07-2011, 03:31 AM
Onlines wack lol.....no point in fighting smart and outboxing people, cause you'll just get caught with 1 punch and get knocked out at some point later in the fight.

man this *****s annoying lol I just lost 5 times in a row, same thing every time. I'm outboxing them, scoring some knockdowns, then I just get fu*king blasted outa no where. I'm just gonna start brawling and throwing bombs.

Equilibrium
03-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Onlines wack lol.....no point in fighting smart and outboxing people, cause you'll just get caught with 1 punch and get knocked out at some point later in the fight.

man this *****s annoying lol I just lost 5 times in a row, same thing every time. I'm outboxing them, scoring some knockdowns, then I just get fu*king blasted outa no where. I'm just gonna start brawling and throwing bombs.

Yeah, it's better than round 4 but still found a way to make it not fair.

Just had a couple of online games. Won 2 lost 2. I noticed you can actually pay for xp and perks to make you fighter better. I think i'll stick to legacy mode and playing when i have friends over.

In the two fights i lost i was dominating the guys, landing bombs on them and they just wouldn't go down, both times i lost because they started dropping me with single punches.

My fighter raiting was 78, one of them was 93 and the other one 89. They obviously either had played a lot and leveled their characters or simply bought the ****ty dlc's to boost their fighters stats.

The stat boosting has no business in online modes. EA make good games but they are a bunch of greedy fcks.

CiganoBoxer
03-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Is it me or is there no fighting on the back foot anymore like in FNR3 ...its basically a phone booth fight or fcuk all ...every boxer seems to have the same slow arse footwork ...not one fighter has better/faster footwork than another :no:
Dont know weather i like it :grumpy:

ИATAS
03-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't know why so many of ya'll get one punch KO'd online it's happened to me once.

Is it me or is there no fighting on the back foot anymore like in FNR3 ...its basically a phone booth fight or fcuk all ...every boxer seems to have the same slow arse footwork ...not one fighter has better/faster footwork than another :no:
Dont know weather i like it :grumpy:

The guys that typically beat me online are the guys that know how to fight going backwards and box from the outside using their jab and make me chase them (I like countering).

I think the footwork is a huge improvement over FN4.

Dudley
03-07-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't know why so many of ya'll get one punch KO'd online it's happened to me once.

The guys that typically beat me online are the guys that know how to fight going backwards and box from the outside using their jab and make me chase them (I like countering).

I think the footwork is a huge improvement over FN4.

http://www.illcommunicating.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/face-punch.jpg

Cause nobody moves there head. or they can't find L1....

CiganoBoxer
03-07-2011, 06:28 PM
I think the footwork is a huge improvement over FN4.But not as good as footwork as FNR3 ...in this new game imo the footwork is the same on every fighter :grumpy:

ИATAS
03-07-2011, 07:00 PM
But not as good as footwork as FNR3 ...in this new game imo the footwork is the same on every fighter :grumpy:

footwork sucked on fight night 3 as well. You're probably thinking about fight night round 2, which had the best footwork. Some of the guys on fight night round 3 were ridiculously slow! Go on youtube and compare gameplay fights from round 3 to round 2, you'll see the difference. Champion has better footwork than 3

Clegg
03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
I think the footwork is better. I haven't played with or against enough characters to know just how different they are, but in terms of footwork I was able to use lots of movement and speed to beat Duran while playing as Sweet Pea. When I tried to use a lot of movement with Pavlik it didn't really work because his foot speed wasn't good enough. So there's at least some difference.

I don't really like the clinching. Aside from being crap at it (they often seem to clinch me but I rarely manage to initiate one successfully and instead get hit with a flush punch) I think it'd be much better if replaced with some kind of in-fighting mode, where you can fight your way into and out of a clinch rather than how things currently are.

I played Legacy mode and am enjoying it (19-1-2 at the moment). It's gotten a lot easier to win by KO since I maxed out my straight left and my right hook. I don't like how it's copied the UFC game in terms of style though, having a set number of weeeks before a fight, having to plan resting, training, sponsorship etc. My problem isn't so much with the copying but with the fact that what was copied wasn't that great in the first place.

I really dislike the block feature. I think blocking was fine on FNR4 and should've been kept the same.

CiganoBoxer
03-08-2011, 09:18 AM
footwork sucked on fight night 3 as well. You're probably thinking about fight night round 2, which had the best footwork. Some of the guys on fight night round 3 were ridiculously slow! Go on youtube and compare gameplay fights from round 3 to round 2, you'll see the difference. Champion has better footwork than 3
No i am talking about Fight Night Round 3, which i still have here,the footwork in 3 was far better than the two newer games...i mean in 4 everyone complained that foot work was more slower and the fighters seemed magnetically stuck together...
You can read through all the old threads on this site and see people were moaning and saying the footwork in 4 was ruined off to 3 !
The footwork in the new game is better than 4 but its far from perfect ...i mean the games emphases on footwork still encourages toe toe action more so than boxing on the backfoot....this clear when you throw a combo then when you want to step out the way to avoid getting hit its like your fighters feet are stuck down by tar/glue ... he then slowly steps backwards !
I want to like the game as it does play better than 4 but the footwork for me is still whats lacking imo !

ИATAS
03-08-2011, 12:29 PM
no i remember how bad the footwork for FN4 was, that was probably it's biggest flaw.

try sidestepping/back stepping. works wonders.

I haven't had the stuck experience you speak of on champion. Maybe it's because the guys I fight with are typically fast guys like Leonard, whitaker, gamboa, etc. You fighting with Pavlik? I feel I can move around the ring very efficiently. On FN4 I couldn't really do that, not even with a fast guy. If I want to on Champion I can run around my opponent in circles for the entire round and never get hit (I did it a couple rounds just to piss someone off who kept talking ***** over the mic)

ИATAS
03-08-2011, 04:56 PM
legacy mode is pretty cool.

I was training pretty hard and didn't get enough rest the week before the fight because I did some promotional stuff for Adidas, so my stamina going into the biggest fight of my career was 50%. That messed me up, I ended up in a war and got knocked down three times before scoring a late KO in the 12 round. I was lucky.

After the fight I was informed that I ruptured my spleen and my medical bills were pretty high. That can effect the longevity of my career.

That's dope.

Gotta be careful in the ring now. You can't treat every fight like gatti-ward or your career will be shortened.

rocco1252
03-08-2011, 07:13 PM
I remember back a few fight nights ago that if you jumped up and down in weight during your career it would effect your stats (conditioning and a few other things) does it do that in Champions? I am 25 fights in and won all belts for middleweight and got an offer to jump up in weights for a non title fight.

I planned on jumping in weight a little bit later in my career but will do so now if it doesnt effect my ratings or longevity of my career.

Also after you fight at a catch weight it asks you if you want to move up. If you do this does it make you stay there or can you go up and down as you please?

Thanks

ИATAS
03-08-2011, 07:16 PM
there's catchweight fights? lol that's awesome.

I'm not that far yet. I'm like 15-0 or something like that ranked #5 or #6 at MW.

rocco1252
03-08-2011, 07:25 PM
there's catchweight fights? lol that's awesome.

I'm not that far yet. I'm like 15-0 or something like that ranked #5 or #6 at MW.
I am 26-0-0 in Legacy mode with 23 KO and just finished my first catchweight fight after winning all 3 middleweight titles and defending them once each.

I got a letter saying my popularity is suffering because the fans are getting tired of seeing me ko all the opposition in my division do I want to defend my titles at a catch weight so I did. I won but it was against a counter puncher that was powerful so I decisioned him for win 26.

Anyway now its asking me if I want to move up in weight for good. I dont want to if I cant move back down or if it effects my overall conditioning or stamina like it did in FN 2 or maybe 3 I forget.

I want to keep fighting I think until I hit 30 fights then I might move up in weight fully. Then do like 10 or so fights there then maybe 10 at Heavy if it works that way. But in order to get Greatest of All Time you have to fight 51 fights so I want to pace myself if possible.

I'm currently 28 p4p after 26 fights so not bad. I got 95 cuts and 85 swelling with everything else between 90 and 100.

Afactor4
03-09-2011, 04:07 AM
I made a Vanes for Fighter Share. What you guys think? Not gonna lie it looks A LOT better in gameplay. And I couldn't find appropriate hair.

http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2011/fn5/2107843/542A0001_2_FN_BOXER_PORTRAIT_gQk.jpg

rocco1252
03-09-2011, 08:31 AM
I made a Vanes for Fighter Share. What you guys think? Not gonna lie it looks A LOT better in gameplay. And I couldn't find appropriate hair.

http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2011/fn5/2107843/542A0001_2_FN_BOXER_PORTRAIT_gQk.jpg
nice now make me a carrot top lol

*OG Wenger*
03-09-2011, 08:45 AM
On every fight night i have been an outside fighter but it seems impossible to that that on this game. Its too easy for the opposition to walk through your jab and blocking don't stop many punches. I understad there was too many jab spammers in fnr4 but there ha got to be some sort of happy medium?

Played an online game using my created boxer, the other guy was Pacquiao, i was doing quite well, jabbing and moving and throwing the odd cross right. Was well ahead on points until the 9th round when he got me in the corner and unleashed a combo and the ref stopped the fight and i lost by tko.

But on a positive note the graphics are amazing and the blood, swelling and bruising look so realistic. The game has its flaws but its a pretty good game.

Malius
03-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Tim Bradley Rating 90!!! Cotto 88 Hatton 85
Lennox Lewis Rating 85!!!

Someone out there has no idea on the ratings.

BOXING 24/7
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM
It's an alright game I thought I was half descent untill I got online (0-5). Anybody wanna play me on 360 gamertag: P4P PACQUIAO, hit me up I'll b on in a lil bit.

Clegg
03-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Just played online for the first time.

I tried to do an unranked game because 1)First time playing online, wanted to get used to it without it going on my record 2) In my experience, cheating and disconnecting is a lot less common in unranked fights.

But it wouldn't let me. It kept searching for a game, nothing found. I tried setting up a session but got bored waiting. It seems to me that it should let you pick 'any' under the setting. For example you have to pick a weight division, minutes per round etc. but I would've accepted anything for those settings as it would make it easier to find a match.

Anyway, I had a ranked match as Holyfield against Ali. The other guy wasn't all that good so I was able to land a lot of good punches. It seemed to me that you/your opponent can take more punishment online than offline, but I could be wrong about that as Ali and Holyfield are known for their toughness so maybe that was the reason. Anyway, after 3 rounds Atlas had him ahead 30-27. When I checked the stats afterwards, we'd landed an equal number of punches but I'd landed 20 more power shots in one round. Weird scoring, and 2 of the 3 judges also had him ahead.

Anyway, after that I tried to just outland him with jabs and 1-2s to the body while moving around a lot rather than cause more damage and won all of the rounds up until the 8th, when I decided to have an inside fight/war and got the KO.

BOXING 24/7
03-09-2011, 01:02 PM

I tried to do an unranked game because 1)First time playing online, wanted to get used to it without it going on my record 2) In my experience, cheating and disconnecting is a lot less common in unranked fights.

But it wouldn't let me. It kept searching for a game, nothing found. I tried setting up a session but got bored waiting. It seems to me that it should let you pick 'any' under the setting. For example you have to pick a weight division, minutes per round etc. but I would've accepted anything for those settings as it would make it easier to find a match.

Anyway, I had a ranked match as Holyfield against Ali. The other guy wasn't all that good so I was able to land a lot of good punches. It seemed to me that you/your opponent can take more punishment online than offline, but I could be wrong about that as Ali and Holyfield are known for their toughness so maybe that was the reason. Anyway, after 3 rounds Atlas had him ahead 30-27. When I checked the stats afterwards, we'd landed an equal number of punches but I'd landed 20 more power shots in one round. Weird scoring, and 2 of the 3 judges also had him ahead.

Anyway, after that I tried to just outland him with jabs and 1-2s to the body while moving around a lot rather than cause more damage and won all of the rounds up until the 8th, when I decided to have an inside fight/war and got the KO.

Fight me right now if ur online??

Clegg
03-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Sure, I'll add you now.

BOXING 24/7
03-09-2011, 01:09 PM
koo, u have time right now?? (360)

BG_Knocc_Out
I love it, but it has some flaws that they need to patch up

Body work is absolutely useless do to the questionable between-round recovery system.

The jab is useless as well; to much hang time, too easy to counter off of, blocking counter is cheap, extremely terrible range.

The scoring is terrible as well. I had a fight where i landed 130 more punches overall (used the jab a lot, but certainly not majority). I averaged probably about 10-15 more punches landed a round than the other player and still lost a wide decision.

Clegg
You coming online? I have to head out soon.

*OG Wenger*
03-09-2011, 01:10 PM
add me if any of you want some unranked games....gamertag is BigAmzzino.

BOXING 24/7
03-09-2011, 01:11 PM

I'll add u n a min. Aight I just sent you a friend request.

BOXING 24/7
03-09-2011, 01:21 PM
You coming online? I have to head out soon.

As soon as I sent you a fight invite, u went offline??, I'll catch u some other time I guess.

ИATAS
03-09-2011, 02:02 PM
check out this KO this is amazing

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VdcdEU3-D4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ИATAS
03-09-2011, 02:06 PM
I love it, but it has some flaws that they need to patch up

Body work is absolutely useless do to the questionable between-round recovery system.

lol wut? body work is essential man. It really drains your opponents stamina big time. You put in solid body work in the early rounds see how they are later.

Also I've scored several flash knockdowns with perfect body shots. and even a KO.

The scoring is terrible as well. I had a fight where i landed 130 more punches overall (used the jab a lot, but certainly not majority). I averaged probably about 10-15 more punches landed a round than the other player and still lost a wide decision.

Numbers don't mean much, especially total punch numbers.

For example I had a fight yesterday where my opponent landed 100 more punches than me total, but I won every single round in a 10 round fight. I dominated him. So he landed a few more punches per round. Doesn't matter when I was the one landing the harder, cleaner shots and countering his ass.

HoosierInOhio
03-09-2011, 02:48 PM

Yeah, it's better than round 4 but still found a way to make it not fair.

Just had a couple of online games. Won 2 lost 2. I noticed you can actually pay for xp and perks to make you fighter better. I think i'll stick to legacy mode and playing when i have friends over.

In the two fights i lost i was dominating the guys, landing bombs on them and they just wouldn't go down, both times i lost because they started dropping me with single punches.

My fighter raiting was 78, one of them was 93 and the other one 89. They obviously either had played a lot and leveled their characters or simply bought the ****ty dlc's to boost their fighters stats.

The stat boosting has no business in online modes. EA make good games but they are a bunch of greedy fcks.

These were my experiences exactly. I don't want to buy xp, so I have to grind out and lose to even be competitive. Mnay that are there just try and find the best exploit they can. I'll pass. Haven't started Legacy yet, I am almost done with Champion mode.

Check out the league I found and started a thread about. It levels the playing field and has none of the BS of typical online play.

Mersey
03-09-2011, 03:25 PM
This game is amazing.

The jab is amazing.

The blocking system works great.

BG_Knocc_Out
03-09-2011, 03:46 PM
lol wut? body work is essential man. It really drains your opponents stamina big time. You put in solid body work in the early rounds see how they are later.

Also I've scored several flash knockdowns with perfect body shots. and even a KO.

Numbers don't mean much, especially total punch numbers.

For example I had a fight yesterday where my opponent landed 100 more punches than me total, but I won every single round in a 10 round fight. I dominated him. So he landed a few more punches per round. Doesn't matter when I was the one landing the harder, cleaner shots and countering his ass.

I don't want to turn it into an argument or anything, but I'm normally an exclusive body puncher (depending on the fighter I use) from the experience of past games, and I honestly can't even see a reflection of my work to the body in this no matter how much I stick to it, no matter how much he misses. The between round recovery system just seems to make no sense to me. In all honesty, don't know how it works, but the developers said it is based on your performance from the last round. There's times where I completely outclass an opponent and they continually miss and they still get a 10% recovery rate while I was conservative with my shot, limited movement, etc, and I only get 4%. I have to put the stamina setting all the way to the left to even get a feel that my body work is taking a minimal effect.

I wouldn't complain so much if it wasn't such a recurrence. I'm the type of player who tries to play this game as a sim. I feel there is a giant over-reliance on landing counter shots. The perfect block has got to go, and the punch pause against a guard has to as well.

Clegg
03-09-2011, 04:31 PM
As soon as I sent you a fight invite, u went offline??, I'll catch u some other time I guess.

Sorry man, I didn't get it before I went. I had to get going, my bad, should've said that at the time.

Not sure what time I'll be on later but I'll probably be on at some point each day this week so will see you then.

rocco1252
03-09-2011, 05:29 PM
It's an alright game I thought I was half descent untill I got online (0-5). Anybody wanna play me on 360 gamertag: P4P PACQUIAO, hit me up I'll b on in a lil bit.
your right up my alley! I lost like 13 fights online in the demo and have only played 1 online match and lost since the actual game came out.

My gamertag is BangerGTxxx88 on XBOX live if you dont hear from me first hit me up and put message your from boxingscene.

rocco1252
03-09-2011, 05:35 PM

the scoring system is whack man, they want you to be a busy fighter all the time to win rounds unlike in the past games you just had to be the more accurate fighter.

I have 26 fights under legacy mode, and beat champion mode and a few made it to decision and I have found if I throw 100+ punches per round and only land 20 and the other guy throws 60 and lands 30 I'll win the rounds and vice versa.

I have lost a couple of decisions on exhibition when I first got it and would have an 82% connect ratio between both head and body to the opponents 60% but he threw even 15 more punches per round he would win the rounds and then obviously the fight. But if I stay busy and throw crazy amounts of punches and hit him few times and I'll still win the round.............

ИATAS
03-09-2011, 05:47 PM
I just don't think that's true, in regards to throwing more punches and you win the rounds on the scorecards. It's more in-depth than that.

I often not only get out thrown in fights but outlanded as well, and I win most of the time.

I think it has to do more with counter punching and power punches.

Like I mentioned earlier, last night I had a fight where a guy landed 100 more total punches than me, but I won every round in a 10 round fight. I think it depends on what type of punches he's landing, if they do damage, etc. For example in that fight last night, I was countering the hell out of him, stunning him often, landing hard shots, etc. I threw over 200 less punches then he did, but my accuracy was much higher.

rocco1252
03-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Just made ya 1-7...............Know next time dont speak until the end of the fight, "I think I got this fight won" at the beginning of the last round when all of a sudden that glorious left hook knocks you out 3 punches later.

BOXING 24/7
03-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Just made ya 1-7...............Know next time dont speak until the end of the fight, "I think I got this fight won" at the beginning of the last round when all of a sudden that glorious left hook knocks you out 3 punches later.

LMAO!! shoulda kept my mouth shut, I was just gonna run the last round to walk away w/ my descision win, untill u caught m/ that one hitta quitta. Looking forward to the rematch sometime.

ILLuminato
03-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Joe Frazier is soooo underrated in the game

Equilibrium
03-10-2011, 04:33 AM
I had the longest most boring fight ever online minutes ago.

My boxer has 90 overall rating, the other guy had 93. I take the fight hoping for a challenge.

The guy sucked so bad it became obvious that he had just spent money to boost his fighter but knew nothing about the game or boxing for that matter.

All he did was left hooks and head movement while always having his guard up. He did not throw a single combination the whole fight. I guess he was trying to to knock me out with counters, haha.

I dropped him in the first minute of the fight, once in the second round, twice in the third round. He spent the whole 4th round just running away while i kept taunting him.

I finished him in the 5th, what a little beotch. I landed 86% of my punches while he landed 21%. It still took me 5 rounds to win.:nonono:

rocco1252
03-10-2011, 08:48 AM
LMAO!! shoulda kept my mouth shut, I was just gonna run the last round to walk away w/ my descision win, untill u caught m/ that one hitta quitta. Looking forward to the rematch sometime.
well funny thing was I was ahead on 2 of the judges score cards going into the last round so unless you won that round it may have been a draw or even a split decision which would have been sweet. Rematch anytime. Lets start a gym and practice to earn some xp. I know Mersey and another person from here are on there thats 4 if we can get a few more we may have a good gym to practice in.

rocco1252
03-10-2011, 08:49 AM
I had the longest most boring fight ever online minutes ago.

My boxer has 90 overall rating, the other guy had 93. I take the fight hoping for a challenge.

The guy sucked so bad it became obvious that he had just spent money to boost his fighter but knew nothing about the game or boxing for that matter.

All he did was left hooks and head movement while always having his guard up. He did not throw a single combination the whole fight. I guess he was trying to to knock me out with counters, haha.

I dropped him in the first minute of the fight, once in the second round, twice in the third round. He spent the whole 4th round just running away while i kept taunting him.

I finished him in the 5th, what a little beotch. I landed 86% of my punches while he landed 21%. It still took me 5 rounds to win.:nonono:
I can barely get up after 2 knockdowns that guy had to have been good to get up that many times. I have 99 chin and heart in legacy mode and get knocked down 2 times and lucky if I can get up.

ИATAS
03-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Joe Frazier is soooo underrated in the game

I consider myself pretty good at this game. I came across someone who played as Frazier a few days ago and he straight embarrassed me! He had his style down to the T it was Joe Frazier in the ring. I was impressed. He kicked my ass bad :nonono:

rocco1252
03-10-2011, 04:41 PM
so is there an online gym for XBOX members here? I started one for Boxingscene if there isnt and sent out invites to those members I have on the list but few people were already part of a gym so I'm not sure if they are part of a boxingscene one or another?

Boxer1590
03-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Championship mode online is pretty fun, but man some people are just annoying to fight lol or some people are just ridiculously good.

My gamertag on Xbox is BobbyLoco201220, add me if anyone wants to have a match.

Clegg
03-10-2011, 07:56 PM
I've been using body punching more the last few fights and I think it has made a difference to the opponent's stamina. I fought against LaMotta, who took everything I landed early on but I was able to KO him late when his stamina bar was really low.

ILLuminato
03-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Kinda wish they had 12 round ranked fights...10 feels too short, especially with the scoring. Plus that's the standard for most mainstream boxing anyway

Afactor4
03-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Legacy mode is a lot more enjoyable this time around. Building stats is infinitely times easier than it was in Round 4. It's still unrealistic though.

I just beat a 12(12)-12-1 champion for his title... My guy is now the only undefeated title holder in all of boxing (Perhaps in boxing all together?). A guy I beat in like my 5th fight by first round KO is ranked p4p #15, but #30 in his weight class. I'm ranked p4p #40-something.

I'm strictly limited to fighting only about 4 times a year. That's why at the end of year 5, I'm only 21(20)-0-0. I figured I could compile a record like that in 3 years time because it does happen all the time in boxing. It's all good though, just won my first belt, and I'm gonna unify belts with 17-5 Erislandy Lara, who according to his in game fight history has not won any of his last 5 fights...
:boxing:

rocco1252
03-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I keep fighting these bums online and they are throwing 120 power punches to my 14 when I thought by holding the right bumper it would make it a power punch? Am I doing something wrong because I held the RB for 1 whole round and kept throwing a right hook and it said I threw all hooks except 12 power punches?

ИATAS
03-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Kinda wish they had 12 round ranked fights...10 feels too short, especially with the scoring. Plus that's the standard for most mainstream boxing anyway

just like in most real life boxing matches it's 12 rounds online in a title fight, 10 for non title.

rocco1252
03-11-2011, 12:54 PM
you know how to throw those big power shots everyone seems to be throwing? Do you have to hold the power button longer for more power or just hit it and throw a punch at same time?

ИATAS
03-11-2011, 01:25 PM
you know how to throw those big power shots everyone seems to be throwing? Do you have to hold the power button longer for more power or just hit it and throw a punch at same time?

yeah just hold the power modifier. I don't know why it's not working for you to be honest. Some of my fights I throw a crap load of power shots, just depends on my opponent. I like to modify my straights to put a little more oomph on the punch. Also modify my right hook to the body every now and then that can do some damage.

rocco1252
03-11-2011, 02:50 PM
yeah I just did another fight and held the power modifier and still only had like 30 power punches through an 8 round fight. I tried a diffreent remote as well half way through to see if that was the issue. hmmmmmmmmmm and yet another great fight I lost, guy had to headbutt me then power punch me to knock me out after I had the fight about won into last round then a 78 overall knocks me out with 2 punches and I'm an 82 wasnt even a counter uhhhhh I played I won 2 modes of the game online play kinda sucks thinking of trading her in........sad sad

Clegg
03-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Rocco, I'm online atm if you fancy a game? My username is RandalNada, I added you yesterday.

MRBOOMER
03-14-2011, 07:33 PM
It's a good game but you can punch your self out Yo fast and head moment is kinda crappy and it's to much trading no one can take all that

MidnightSpecial
03-14-2011, 10:31 PM
i like it a lot.

beat Champion Mode in one sitting though.....it was aite but it was short and predictable

brigade125
03-14-2011, 10:41 PM
i been playing the fight night series since the ps2 days... and i only play online because of the competition.. i dont get any satifaction beating the computer.. so i really cant comment on the story line or championship mode.. i think this game can really be better if they get rid of the one button block and bring back the fight night round 3 block where u block high or low and if you guess where the punch is going you can counter. but overall its not a bad game..

triggerhapppy
03-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Tommy hearns is a beast but damn he got a glass jaw. Just like in real life.

Nick Fury
03-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Gamboas chin is as tough as tissue paper in this game.

SirTomJones
03-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Is Ali on steroids?

I was fraizer worked his body for 4-5 rounds, no effect at all. Guy was throwing a ton of jabs and straights. Kinda boring

DIB42
03-15-2011, 01:28 PM
I just don't think that's true, in regards to throwing more punches and you win the rounds on the scorecards. It's more in-depth than that.

I often not only get out thrown in fights but outlanded as well, and I win most of the time.

I think it has to do more with counter punching and power punches.

Like I mentioned earlier, last night I had a fight where a guy landed 100 more total punches than me, but I won every round in a 10 round fight. I think it depends on what type of punches he's landing, if they do damage, etc. For example in that fight last night, I was countering the hell out of him, stunning him often, landing hard shots, etc. I threw over 200 less punches then he did, but my accuracy was much higher.

I had a fight last night, which i'm still kind of confused about, i had several rounds where i outlanded my opponent, and had a higher connect percentage, and we were about even in counters, he still won the rounds.

He was landing the cleaner shots though, most mine were wild crazy brawler spam hooks to the head and body. He landed good clean shots, but landed less and a worse percentage.

So i dunno, I feel i should have won a few of those rounds just on workrate, but didn't.

ИATAS
03-15-2011, 03:01 PM
see I like that. It seems like the computer judges are programmed to be more like human judges. Work-rate alone doesn't necessarily win the rounds.

This also counters the spammers or the guys that just don't know how to put together combo's and throw one punch over and over.

I fought a guy last night just kept throwing the jab to the body over and over and over while staying stationary. I would get in the way of it to counter him so he would hand a few, wouldn't do anything to me, and I would nail him with one clean counter. So looking back at the rounds he out land me at least 2-1, but I was hurting him, hitting him clean, compared to his little ***** body jabs. I won every round like that until I KO'd him.

So I like the judging for the most part.

Only time I really get frustrated are the occasionally runners who only single jab to the body and then run backwards again. The entire fight. god damn that's annoying and I really don't know how to beat that style if they are good at it other than just trying to be aggressive. I seem to lose on points against guys like that.

ILLuminato
03-16-2011, 02:45 AM
see I like that. It seems like the computer judges are programmed to be more like human judges. Work-rate alone doesn't necessarily win the rounds.

This also counters the spammers or the guys that just don't know how to put together combo's and throw one punch over and over.

I fought a guy last night just kept throwing the jab to the body over and over and over while staying stationary. I would get in the way of it to counter him so he would hand a few, wouldn't do anything to me, and I would nail him with one clean counter. So looking back at the rounds he out land me at least 2-1, but I was hurting him, hitting him clean, compared to his little ***** body jabs. I won every round like that until I KO'd him.

So I like the judging for the most part.

Only time I really get frustrated are the occasionally runners who only single jab to the body and then run backwards again. The entire fight. god damn that's annoying and I really don't know how to beat that style if they are good at it other than just trying to be aggressive. I seem to lose on points against guys like that.

The judging is terrible. I keep getting robbed when i land the cleaner more effective blows, even at a high percentage.

People spam the flick stick way too much

Clegg
03-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Just had a couple of entertaining fights vs the computer.

Using Donaire I was able to beat the featherweights and then JJ Leija. So I tried fighting Sweet Pea. I'm normally quite aggressive and try to land hooks to the head and body whenever I'm within range to do so. In this fight though I got dropped in the first with a big uppercut as I ducked down to go to the body, and then again in a similar way in round 2. After that I tried to fight more conservatively and won 3 of the next 4 rounds, but ended up getting knocked out in the 7th.

I also had a war using Hatton vs Judah, we both got dropped twice before I knocked him out in the 6th.

Then I used Pac to face Tommy Hearns. I tried boxing and moving but quickly realised it wouldn't work. So I tried just staying in the centre of the ring, high guard, lots of headmovement, and then countering with combinations when he came close enough to allow it. It worked OK but I was still not winning the rounds. So I figured I was headed for defeat without a KO, so I focused on just following him around the ring and then trying to time a full power straight left inbetween his punches before he could get his guard up. After losing the first 6 rounds I managed a one-punch KO in the 7th round.

This wasn't on the hardest difficulty though, I think it was on pro or whatever the default is.

Clegg
03-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Played online a few more times. The first two times I was DLH and they picked Pac. Won both by KO. Despite how things went in real life, I don't think it's a good style/size matchup for Pac on the game.

The next fight I was Shane and they were Bradley. The guy was skillful, he was good at slipping punches and using lateral movement to make me miss, and when I tried to trade his combinations were better. But he was pretty defensive, and so I was able to pile up rounds just by working the jab and taking half-steps back out of range, then throwing 2 punches to the body from time to time. I also used the power button to throw straight right hands, hoping to catch him coming in. I was able to stun him once but he recovered well.

Anyway, after about 5 rounds the commentators said something about a cut. I didn't pay much attention but then I saw that my face was cut up pretty badly and my 'damage/health' was 77%!!!! I think that's a bad feature, it adds an element of randomness to the game. It's realistic, sure, but sometimes realism isn't the best way to go IMO. Plus, getting a bad cut doesn't reduce your health by 77% in real life anyway.

After this I fought even more conservatively, boxing on the backfoot and not exchanging much. I couldn't understand the other guy's approach, he probably would've beat me or at least given me problems if he'd come at me all guns blazing or something, especially considering how much damage I'd suffered, but instead he just frustrated me but still lost every round.

After 7 or 8 rounds Atlas' scorecard flashed up and he had me pitching a shutout, and so my opponent disconnected like a little *****. At least make it official and throw the towel in rather then doing it that way. What a cunt. It's only a game FFS, you're not going to suffer actual pain if you try to turn things round with a KO :nonono:

He should've picked Victor Ortiz, at least then him being better than me but lacking heart and then quitting would've made sense.

DIB42
03-16-2011, 04:28 PM

You ran into me then? LOL, just kidding, i'm on xbox. My guy is ovr80 i'll jab and move against the guy's in the 90s hoping they'll tire or at least i can get some rounds in the bank for when they start knocking me down in the later rounds.

But honestly, I have no idea how to cut off the ring effectively. I seems too easy to escape, unless you'd dead center of the corner, and even then a little push and sidestep and you're free for the next few minutes.

I think the remove of the forward angled quickstep is the culprit.

I don't know, does anyone have success cutting off the ring? I haven't faced anyone good at it yet. And against frost it was easy to run from him for the first couple rounds, and the computer had him side stepping like crazy to cut off the ring, rarely worked.

DIB42
03-16-2011, 04:30 PM

I think i sparred with you a few times. It was fun, i think if you make a few adjustments you'll do fairly well.

ИATAS
03-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Played online a few more times. The first two times I was DLH and they picked Pac. Won both by KO. Despite how things went in real life, I don't think it's a good style/size matchup for Pac on the game.

I haven't used Pac online yet, but I've came across that were tremendously good. His combo's are insanely fast on the game, faster than anyone else if done properly. Again, I consider myself pretty good and one guy straight whooped me with Pac and I was 147 pound Ray Leonard. You have to be highly skilled to be efficient with pac, you cant just throw wild punches or he'll get ko'd. But if you use footwork and go in and out and throw efficient combo's, he's deadly.

Anyway, after about 5 rounds the commentators said something about a cut. I didn't pay much attention but then I saw that my face was cut up pretty badly and my 'damage/health' was 77%!!!! I think that's a bad feature, it adds an element of randomness to the game. It's realistic, sure, but sometimes realism isn't the best way to go IMO. Plus, getting a bad cut doesn't reduce your health by 77% in real life anyway.

I think the 77% is your damage, not your health right? Which indicates the cuts/swollen. If you had a bad cut, it can jump quite high.

He should've picked Victor Ortiz, at least then him being better than me but lacking heart and then quitting would've made sense.

ha!

ИATAS
03-16-2011, 05:33 PM
But honestly, I have no idea how to cut off the ring effectively. I seems too easy to escape, unless you'd dead center of the corner, and even then a little push and sidestep and you're free for the next few minutes.

I think the remove of the forward angled quickstep is the culprit.

Bold is correct. I think that's it.

I don't know, does anyone have success cutting off the ring? I haven't faced anyone good at it yet.

Only against certain fighters. "Skilled runners" (lol) it can be nearly impossible to catch them, especially if you have a slower fighter. I fight typically with fast guys like ray leonard, etc. so if I can't catch you with him no one will.

Fortunately not too many people fight that style online. Most people like to fight. Or guys can't stick to their running for a full 10 rounds. Like they might start out the first 3-5 rounds that way, but eventually they lose patience or whatever and start to trade, that's when you got to go for the kill.

I've had several last round KO's against runners. It's a nice feeling to put them out after all that work!

DIB42
03-16-2011, 06:02 PM
I remember them saying there was going to be stamina for the legs, I wonder if they ever implimented it. I know there are guys that can circle and move through a whole fight, but there should be a way to slow them down & i haven't noticed if body shots slow down a runner or not . . . Probably cause you can't hardly land one on a runner.

ИATAS
03-16-2011, 06:32 PM
I remember them saying there was going to be stamina for the legs, I wonder if they ever implimented it. I know there are guys that can circle and move through a whole fight, but there should be a way to slow them down & i haven't noticed if body shots slow down a runner or not . . . Probably cause you can't hardly land one on a runner.

I've noticed when my guy is fatigued he's way slower, but yeah means nothing when you can't land any body shots on a runner except the occasional jab to the body.

Johnny Doomzday
03-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Add me on Xbox live, my gamertag is "Johnny Doomzday" and i just bought the game.

Clegg
03-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Can someone explain how the fighter stats on the Online World Championship work?

It seems like you have to start with them a bit low (I think 79 overall) and then build them up through online fights, and you can't build them up with offline fights in career mode.

If that's the case, it's kinda annoying, because most of the people you get matched up against are at least 90 or so, and after winning a fight by 10th round KO I was only given something like 250xp so I could see it taking ages to improve my stats.

In my first fight I faced someone who had given himself a giant fighter (my guy is average sized) and just continually backed up and tried to avoid engaging as much as possible. I tried to box with him but he was too big, I tried to pressure but he was too big for me to get inside without taking shots, and once inside he normally got the better of things due to having more power, speed etc. He won by decision and then sent me a message saying '*****'. Seriously, I know it's only a game but then when someone is such a dick :nonono:

I don't think I have the patience to have many more fights like that, especially if it's gonna take so long to improve my boxer's ability.

ИATAS
03-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Can someone explain how the fighter stats on the Online World Championship work?

It seems like you have to start with them a bit low (I think 79 overall) and then build them up through online fights, and you can't build them up with offline fights in career mode.

If that's the case, it's kinda annoying, because most of the people you get matched up against are at least 90 or so, and after winning a fight by 10th round KO I was only given something like 250xp so I could see it taking ages to improve my stats.

In my first fight I faced someone who had given himself a giant fighter (my guy is average sized) and just continually backed up and tried to avoid engaging as much as possible. I tried to box with him but he was too big, I tried to pressure but he was too big for me to get inside without taking shots, and once inside he normally got the better of things due to having more power, speed etc. He won by decision and then sent me a message saying '*****'. Seriously, I know it's only a game but then when someone is such a dick :nonono:

I don't think I have the patience to have many more fights like that, especially if it's gonna take so long to improve my boxer's ability.

hope this helps:

no problem.

In OWC, it's basically your online career. You have to create a fighter (light, middle or heavyweight or all three if you want).

In your career you record is recorded and you try to move up the online ranks and eventually fight for a belt, or just fight for fun, whatever.

Everyone starts out as a bum, basically. So let's say your overall rating is 75 out of 100.

Every time you fight, win or lose, you earn XP points.
Every time you spar with other gym members, you earn XP points.

You can use these XP points to build and beef up your character. You'll see the option under your boxer under "boxer growth" and you can use the XP points to customize your fighter the way you want. So maybe you want him to have a mean right hook, or a really good left upercut, or a jab or great blocking, etc. The idea is the more you fight and the more you practice, the better your fighter will become.

In addition to all this, there are athletic boosters. This helps with toughness, reflexes, speed, etc. You can earn these by playing your legacy mode and advancing through it and other ways as well. I recommend players do this first, so that way when you first start instead of being a 75 overall you'll probably be an 81-82 or something like that.

Hope that makes sense.

The only downside to this is sometimes when you look for a fight, you can be matched with a guy who has, say, a 90 overall rating, and you're still in bum mode with your 75. This basically means his fighter has awesome stats - great chin, very fast, very powerful, while you're guy is a cab driver. The good news is you can see these ratings on the screen beforehand and you can back out before entering a fight. I recommend when you're first starting out, only fight guys a couple of points away from you (so don't fight anyone past say a 79 if you're a 75, etc.). Once you get into the 80's it doesn't really matter anymore and it's about skill at that point.

Clegg
03-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks Natas.

Gonna have to join a gym, I guess I should've guessed it works that way as that's how it works in legacy mode.

ИATAS
03-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks Natas.

Gonna have to join a gym, I guess I should've guessed it works that way as that's how it works in legacy mode.

well they certainly don't tell you!

I had the same problem, had to learn the hard way. I was under the impression everyone was equal, and I had no idea what XP points were. So I lost my first three fights in a row by first round KO's. I was so frustrated like "what the hell am I doing wrong??" then I found out about XP and realized I was getting whooped by dudes way more experienced.

They should give you a warning or something or explain it better.

ИATAS
03-23-2011, 03:25 PM
who from the gym is spaschka ??

We had a dope fight in the gym tournament last night, winner goes into the final fight for the belt. I knocked him down twice early around the 2nd and 3rd rounds, then he started coming back dropping me 3 times in the 6th (10-6 round), it remained close after that and the tables turned again and I eventually KO'd him late I believe in the 10th and final round.

Very tough and exciting fight!

ImWinnin
03-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Even with all its flaws, IMO FNC is the best boxing game to date.
I'm having a lot of fun with it, when its not freezing:boxing:

katsidis
04-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Just got the game a few days ago, very impressed.

The moving camera took a bit of getting used to but I kinda get why they did it now.

I suck at it though :(. I could win every game on goat on fnr4, now im on champion and struggling to get passed keyshawn hayes :rofl:

I'm about 7-0 (7 ko's) on my new legacy with cotto

*OG Wenger*
04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
I find once you master the side step (left analogue stick flick) and counter than you become very difficult to beat. I'm still pretty whack defensively tough, once i get stunned 95% of the time i get knocked down. I can't hold, blocking is rubbish and i can't get away quick enough. Once i master defence i will be a beast on this game.

politicsralie
04-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Let's start a gym so we can train and fight!!!!
I use xbox360 what about y'all?
My gamer tag is I AM Presence
Message me, let's get this started!!!!!!!

*OG Wenger*
04-15-2011, 06:01 PM
is there ant active gyms going on the 360? just left my last gym as it was too inactive.

DIB42
04-17-2011, 06:16 AM
if the tuner fixes stuff, i'll be joining another gym. I left my first gym cause it was inactive, and the people that were active i couldn't connect to most of the time... I got invited to a gym that was in the top five rankings, thought i could learn a few things.

Fought a killer fight with one of their members, they invited me, then never signed me up, i think they saw my record and realised it was a fluke.

so if they fix fnc, i'll be looking for a 360 gym, thats active

Something Jr
04-19-2011, 12:59 AM
Just got the game this weekend, plays well although it takes some getting used to. I'm feeling good about my chances online anyone want to get a game on? Im on xbox

Gamertag: The Meteors

crazyboy867
04-24-2011, 12:17 AM
can i get the dlc package WITHOUT getting the patch update that messes with the gameplay??
all i want is the fighters and that bare knuckle mode. i dont want any patch update or tuner update whatever they call it.

is it possible?

CiganoBoxer
04-24-2011, 05:08 AM
can i get the dlc package WITHOUT getting the patch update that messes with the gameplay??
all i want is the fighters and that bare knuckle mode. i dont want any patch update or tuner update whatever they call it.

is it possible?How does the patch mess game-play up !??

crazyboy867
04-24-2011, 01:51 PM
How does the patch mess game-play up !??

they altered some of the gameplay because people were complaining about certain issues about the gameplay. now i heard the game is not as good with the new updates...

so is it possible to get just the downloadable fighters and the bare knuckle mode without getting the patch update?

thanks.......