View Full Version : WWE Batista MMA fight details

Earl Hickey
03-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Former WWE superstar Dave Batista has been training for his professional mixed martial arts debut since leaving the company last year. According to MMAWeekly.com, Batista's MMA debut is currently scheduled to take place in May - and the fight will not take place in the United States.

Several promotions have been trying to sign Batista for his first MMA fight, most notably Scott Cokerís Strikeforce promotion, but sources close to Batista have revealed the UK-based BAMMA promotion is the front runner and could sign Batista soon. BAMMA has an upcoming show ("BAMMA 6") scheduled for May 21st Wembley Arena.

Batista reportedly has a movie scheduled to begin shooting in September and wants to have his first fight before then

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5l0dXJTN524" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JonoYoungP4P
03-02-2011, 07:55 PM
haha, no 3 counts in mma

Brick Top
03-02-2011, 09:05 PM
His old ass will gas in about 1 min !

GreatestIam
03-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Gas in 1 min or not i like the look, he can defintely get some wins in the MMA, big strong and if he can throw hands he'll be fine

Clegg
03-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Gas in 1 min or not i like the look, he can defintely get some wins in the MMA, big strong and if he can throw hands he'll be fine

That's a huge, huge 'if'.

MARKBNLV
03-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Pro Wrestlers are tough sobs people act like those dudes dont fck each other up staged or not.

Spray_resistant
03-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Pro Wrestlers are tough sobs people act like those dudes dont fck each other up staged or not.

Mark, this guy is 40 and always was injured as a wrestler.....he is getting demolished he is too big and steroidy.

MARKBNLV
03-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Mark, this guy is 40 and always was injured as a wrestler.....he is getting demolished he is too big and steroidy.

They will be throwing him in against scrubs,i could see the guy beating Jason Guida

MOTHER DUCKER
03-03-2011, 03:43 AM
The thing is this guy was never very gifted in the ring either.. Brock and Lashley move crazily fast for big guys in the wwe.. batista was like a snail in comparison

Las Vegas,
03-03-2011, 10:50 AM
The only thing good about Batista in WWE was his theme song.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zO6mkpGwc5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool as ****.

Move BRICKS
03-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Batista will be the UFC champ in 2011

Spray_resistant
03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
They will be throwing him in against scrubs,i could see the guy beating Jason Guida

Guida would demolish him, this guy has no experience at all and as I said he is 42.

mushahadeen
03-03-2011, 02:37 PM
damn that's good of him 2 raise money 4 his ex-wife??? wtf.

blaze778
03-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Guida would demolish him, this guy has no experience at all and as I said he is 42.

I'm sure matchmakers will have Batista in there with the same type of guys Herschel Walker has been fighting.

BG_Knocc_Out
03-04-2011, 10:59 AM
I wonder what his reaction will be when he first gets hit. Look what happened to Lashley.

phallus
03-05-2011, 06:47 PM
His old ass will gas in about 1 min !

The thing is this guy was never very gifted in the ring either.. Brock and Lashley move crazily fast for big guys in the wwe.. batista was like a snail in comparison

I wonder what his reaction will be when he first gets hit. Look what happened to Lashley.

batista isn't just old, his real problem is how slow and stiff he moves, watching him wrestle he has a lot of power but he was always a step behind other wrestlers in speed, in fighting this is a much bigger problem because the other guy will always be faster than him. batista will have to eat a lot of shots even if he wins, i don't see him having a long career if every fight is a war and he is 42

MOTHER DUCKER
03-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Apparently Ken Shamrock maybe his opponent

ALAXAN_FR
03-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Apparently Ken Shamrock maybe his opponent

.... awesome.... that will definitely show the difference between a cage fighter to that of a sport-entertainment wrestler. They may be big, but the MMA sport shows weight does not limit a fighters speed.... and we all know what speed looks like in the WWE ranks.... just look at Brock... raw power, but even the jabs can be seen commin from a mile away.

I still has high hopes for Batista makin it big in the MMA tho. Dont care if he's old by standards... he still got it i believe....just dont let Hulk Hogan join the fray... that will be just killin it.

-Jay-
03-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Batista will be the UFC champ in 2011

I hope that's a joke. If not, keep dreaming. The only thing that made Brock half decent was his sheer strength and size. As soon as someone close to his size started catching him with good punches he had no idea what to do.

Move BRICKS
03-07-2011, 01:50 AM
i hope that's a joke. If not, keep dreaming. The only thing that made brock half decent was his sheer strength and size. As soon as someone close to his size started catching him with good punches he had no idea what to do.

n0 j0k3 $0n

Chups
03-07-2011, 02:09 AM
With the recent successes of Filipinos in fighting, he believes he has the blood to win it. :D