View Full Version : Could any of the UFC contenders beat Hector Lombard?

Clegg
02-28-2011, 07:21 PM
It seems to me, based upon his performances and winning streak, that he's one of the top two middleweights in the world.

Aside from Silva, is there anyone in the UFC you can see beating him? Or anyone outside of the UFC for that matter.

Nick Fury
02-28-2011, 07:45 PM
I've been saying Hector Lombard is the second best middleweight for awhile now and I honestly believe he could beat Anderson Silva. He has the power, speed, chin and grappling to give Anderson a ton of problems. God I wish the UFC wasn't so damn strict with contracts....

ƒallenloki
02-28-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't think he beats Silva or Okami.

King Ghidorah
03-01-2011, 03:02 AM
Good Boxing + Olympic Level Judo = Champion.....

jakkups
03-01-2011, 12:21 PM
He hasn't beaten anyone of note so as far as his ranking is concerned I think he's just outside the top 10. On skills alone he's a challenge for most if not all guys at his weight. I don't see why he doesn't jump to Strikeforce and have a go with some of there MW's. Matches against Jacare or Hendo would be interesting or he could even chase down Mousasi for a rematch.

KingOne
03-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Another highly talented fighter who isn't willing to get a contract with the UFC due to their unfairly conditions..

man, there are so many great matchups which could take place w/out zuffa...

Carlos-El_indio
03-03-2011, 07:35 AM
according to thiago silva he can beat anyone at ATT and duffee and barnett(who he publicly beefed with) use to train there! Lombard blasted out the guy that dominate chris lyttle on saturday. Would love to see lombard vs silva, lombard vs ronaldo jacare, lombard vs vitor, I think he blasts okami/sonnen out of there due to style but Henderson/Marquadt may give him a tough fight