View Full Version : BJ showed skill, Fitch used size and brute force.

SnoopySmurf
02-27-2011, 01:57 AM
And those little punches were quite "skillful". Jesus man, use your training to try and submit the smaller guy!

I'm glad it was a draw coz Fitch didn't deserve a win. BJ, on the other hand, smaller and battle worn, showed some strategy and skill to take down the bigger man.

What a boring ass third round. Thanks, Fitch. Thanks for that stinker of a third round.

Jack3d
02-27-2011, 02:10 AM
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5681/k205295coolstorybropurp.jpg (http://img109.imageshack.us/i/k205295coolstorybropurp.jpg/)

CaRnAgEViOLaToR
02-27-2011, 02:11 AM
Never cared to watch Fitch fight....He's like Jake Shields..... I just dont like fighters who's main strategy is gay pound....

Las Vegas,
02-27-2011, 02:47 AM
He did those pitty pad punches. It was hilarious.

Kimo
02-27-2011, 12:11 PM
BJ WON THAT ****ING FIGHT!!!!

He matched Fitch with takedowns in the first and second, had his back twice as well.

If you score the last a 10-8 you're a ***.

rudement
02-28-2011, 05:13 AM
BJ lost the fight, even he almost said it. Point i think people are trying to make is fitch didnt "win" the fight, he did what he always does... is why he got slaughtered by gsp a while back, did people forget that? did he?
He gave GSP absolutly 0 competition, he lost all 5 rounds lol, why would we want to see him in another title fight, people that finish fights get those......... He hasnt finished a fight in several fights or EVEN TRIED TO FINISH ONE, so yeah... i mean i love fitchs determinationa nd traininig and breakdown theory, but if you want a shot, take some ****ing risks bro..

jakkups
02-28-2011, 11:44 AM
BJ lost the fight, even he almost said it. Point i think people are trying to make is fitch didnt "win" the fight, he did what he always does... is why he got slaughtered by gsp a while back, did people forget that? did he?
He gave GSP absolutly 0 competition, he lost all 5 rounds lol, why would we want to see him in another title fight, people that finish fights get those......... He hasnt finished a fight in several fights or EVEN TRIED TO FINISH ONE, so yeah... i mean i love fitchs determinationa nd traininig and breakdown theory, but if you want a shot, take some ****ing risks bro..

Agreed, BJ lost, Fitch won and proved once again that he is the true blanket of the 170lb division. But I say give him to GSP, he'll get his ass beat worse than the first time then maybe he'll be part of an entertaining fight.

Clegg
02-28-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't really agree with the thread.

Yes, Fitch is one-dimensional and not entertaining, he was clearly the bigger man, and he rarely finishes fights. But at the same time, you're praising Penn as skillful for his take-downs, yet criticising Fitch for his.

Yeah, Fitch is bigger and stronger, but his takedown technique isn't any less skillful than Penn's IMO.

Penn's tactics were smart, and he did a good job of getting a dominant position once things were on the ground in the first round. But I didn't think he looked all that skillful overall. His plan A caught Fitch by surprise and won him the first round. But then he wasn't able to adjust or come up with anything new once the tide started to turn.

Spray_resistant
02-28-2011, 05:29 PM
I thought Fitch clearly won, and yes I thought the last round could easily have been a 10-8, BJ got dominated from start to finish of that round.

mic573
02-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Fitch did what he was supposed to do. Take the smaller man down and beat him up. Those pity pat punches sure did leave BJ marked up.

I'm a Penn fan as well but Fitch won the fight and is 13-1-1 in the UFC. That's pretty damn impressive in my opinion. He may not be the most exciting but 15 men have had thier chance to beat him and only one has been able to do it which happens to be the champion.

They keep throwing him in number contender matches and he keeps winning. Fitch has earned his rematch for the belt. I don't believe it will be any different from the first but he has earned it.

ƒallenloki
02-28-2011, 10:03 PM
I don't get the hate for Fitch.

I know this was another decision, but who the hell has ever finished really BJ Penn?

It also takes a lot more than brute strength to keep BJ down, and continuously take him down. He also managed to survive when BJ took his back.

SnoopySmurf
03-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Let's not forget that BJ almost submitted Fitch twice in the second. If the third round had been the first, then people would start saying BJ should have won the fight since he won more rounds.

Jack3d
03-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Let's not forget that BJ almost submitted Fitch twice in the second. If the third round had been the first, then people would start saying BJ should have won the fight since he won more rounds.

:wtf1: .....