View Full Version : Is Fight Night Champion gonna be improved?

-Huey-
02-22-2011, 01:16 AM
I've been playing the demo and I just hate the damn footwork! This game has the potential of being a great boxing game because it is a lot better than rd4 but the footwork and the bobbin and weaving are just disgusting. Footwork is slow as hell (no improvement from rd4) and even rd4's upper body/lateral movement was better than Champion's...looks like every boxer will be an inside brawler...AGAIN!

I can deal with the crap roster but these other things are just pathetic! I'm just curious, do any of those idiots from EA ever watch boxing? Not every fighter is a come forward, flat footed, inside brawler with no upper body movement! If these things were fixed I think this game would be perfect...trade buttom mashing for better/faster footwork and better/faster upper body movement!

Are they gonna make any improvements?? Or is the demo pretty much the final product?

-Huey-
02-22-2011, 01:32 AM
I've been playing the demo and I just hate the damn footwork! This game has the potential of being a great boxing game because it is a lot better than rd4 but the footwork and the bobbin and weaving are just disgusting. Footwork is slow as hell (no improvement from rd4) and even rd4's upper body/lateral movement was better than Champion's...looks like every boxer will be an inside brawler...AGAIN!

I can deal with the crap roster but these other things are just pathetic! I'm just curious, do any of those idiots from EA ever watch boxing? Not every fighter is a come forward, flat footed, inside brawler with no upper body movement! If these things were fixed I think this game would be perfect...trade buttom mashing for better/faster footwork and better/faster upper body movement!

Are they gonna make any improvements?? Or is the demo pretty much the final product?
Any one got any info??

Hi-Dro
02-22-2011, 01:33 AM
prob the final product *****

Hi-Dro
02-22-2011, 01:33 AM
it's intended for the masses not hardcore fans *****

Hi-Dro
02-22-2011, 01:34 AM
this third post is just me raising my post count up *****

the_blueprint
02-22-2011, 08:11 AM
i hate the blocking, i have only done 3 fights but i dont really like it, if im going to get it i'm going to wait until it gets cheaper

i got robbed aswell smh

Gojira
02-22-2011, 10:49 AM
I hate the stupid camera angles and how even thought I land an overhand left on cotto's chin that he never saw coming, he doesnt even flinch. Plus the the controls are wank.

THE REED™
02-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Considering the demo only has 4 fighters on it, I would say you are jumping to conclusions.

Ali and Pac have good footwork, especially Ali.

Dudley
02-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Considering the demo only has 4 fighters on it, I would say you are jumping to conclusions.

co sign baby!

I have no qualms with the footwork keep playing the demo there are allot of sublet control features your not using!

this game is ****ing beast! Pac drops off a paper every morning! nice fellow but not to bright.

It's funny all the hatters are just guys that won't give FNC it's props OR they ****ing suck and are just hatters straight up.

DIB42
02-22-2011, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=Dudley;10142742It's funny all the hatters are just guys that won't give FNC it's props OR they ****ing suck and are just hatters straight up.[/QUOTE]

If they don't get what they want, they become, mad hatters.

Couldn't resist.

The game is good, every other year everyone is dissapointed with Fight Night, because the hard core dudes campaign very hard to get things they want implimented into the game. They get some stuff, but not other stuff, or there is something that really upsets them that they want out, and it doesn't go away. For me, i hate how much power they put on counters, and the counter window. It doesn't ruin the game for me, i still enjoy it, but it makes the game too arcadey and then online everyone just wants to counter.

Fight Night Round 3 was close, just needed stamina tweaks and to get rid of the 1 punch ko haymakers and the parry. Round 4 added a bunch of cool things, some worked some didn't.
And Fight NIght Champion will be the same. The game is a constant work in progess, like madden and all other EA games, unfortunatly it takes 2 years to get Fight night out, so people have a long wait if they don't like this particular version.

But some people are so sim driven they'll never be happy, there has to be some give somewhere so someone who doesn't know a whole lot about boxing can pick it up. read the wishlists articles about the game, some are good suggestions others are just way too over the top, Managment issues, detached retnas, dropping weight and rehydrating, hand wrapping etc etc etc.

Now for some that'd be awesome, i'd like a nice balance, I'd like to get a power boost from Cleto Reyes gloves, I'd like to have everlast protect my hands better,
I'd like to fight inside, and outside, and move around the ring normal, i'd like for the game not to pause and flash everytime i counter, cause thats closer to real life.
But i don't want to ties my boxers boots, tape his hands, negotiate his contracts including catch weights and OSDT, Wrap his hands or visit the balco facility.

I'd like to be able to fight a match in career mode more than once every 2 hours.
To do that, some things have to give.

THE REED™
02-22-2011, 01:02 PM

Couldn't resist.

The game is good, every other year everyone is dissapointed with Fight Night, because the hard core dudes campaign very hard to get things they want implimented into the game. They get some stuff, but not other stuff, or there is something that really upsets them that they want out, and it doesn't go away. For me, i hate how much power they put on counters, and the counter window. It doesn't ruin the game for me, i still enjoy it, but it makes the game too arcadey and then online everyone just wants to counter.

Fight Night Round 3 was close, just needed stamina tweaks and to get rid of the 1 punch ko haymakers and the parry. Round 4 added a bunch of cool things, some worked some didn't.
And Fight NIght Champion will be the same. The game is a constant work in progess, like madden and all other EA games, unfortunatly it takes 2 years to get Fight night out, so people have a long wait if they don't like this particular version.

But some people are so sim driven they'll never be happy, there has to be some give somewhere so someone who doesn't know a whole lot about boxing can pick it up. read the wishlists articles about the game, some are good suggestions others are just way too over the top, Managment issues, detached retnas, dropping weight and rehydrating, hand wrapping etc etc etc.

Now for some that'd be awesome, i'd like a nice balance, I'd like to get a power boost from Cleto Reyes gloves, I'd like to have everlast protect my hands better,
I'd like to fight inside, and outside, and move around the ring normal, i'd like for the game not to pause and flash everytime i counter, cause thats closer to real life.
But i don't want to ties my boxers boots, tape his hands, negotiate his contracts including catch weights and OSDT, Wrap his hands or visit the balco facility.

I'd like to be able to fight a match in career mode more than once every 2 hours.

Good post I agree...

Dudley
02-22-2011, 01:19 PM

Couldn't resist.

There are some things that need to be tweeked, but i think people just need to get over their self inflated ego's and just realize fight night is NOT REAL BOXING to a T. if has to establish some game mechanics, which is a stylization for reality. there are some things that can be added and other cannot because of time technical difficulty so they have to strip it down to the essentials. Lets face it i don't think that anyone here is actually understands what it takes to make a game like this. I work in 3D, and it's incredibly hard to achieve some things in 3D and it takes time which is money.
That's the straight up business end.

play the game be happy with the game, because that's all it is, it's just a game if you want FNC to be real, find a gym put on some gloves and commit yourself to learning how to box. that's the next step... And yes EA do know their stuff, I went to school with some of the artists and have seen their facilities it's state of the art top notch! Millions go into games like this researching working with actual boxers and people who make games for a living. not dudes who flame on boards and want their particular fighter to be the best. maybe you unsatisfied with your own life so you use a game to substitute. It's just a game bro, if you don't like it, don't buy it!

DIB42
02-22-2011, 01:34 PM
It's just a game bro, if you don't like it, don't buy it!

exactly, and honestly thats what will move the game in one direction or the other, is sales. Now i'm not saying that the game in its current form doesn't need to be tweaked, but im sure it'll be like FNR4 where they're tweaking it for the first few months its released. Although then you just paid to be a game tester... But oh well.
If they listened to everyone, and tried to get all the ideas worked in, and make the perfect boxing game, The game would never be released. I think its best to get an updated version of the game every 2 years rather than wait 20 years for them to make the game perfect.
I'd prefer an annual release honestly, even if it meant smaller changes, , it'd keep online interest going. It got really hard to find a FNR4 game on xbox for awhile. I remember FNR3 online stayed going for quite awhile, maybe that was a PS3 thing.

edit: Just wanted to clarify, i'm not saying do not be vocal about what you don't like about the game. I'm just trying to offer some reasoning for why some people like it the way it is, and some people don't. But when you say EA add fists of fury, or i'm not buying the game. Don't expect to get that in the next 15 days before the release.

I think they've sent out early copies of the game, so whats done is done, the game might be different then the demo, but whatever they intended to be in the game, is in the game at this moment, no changes without updates or etc.

AllEyesOpen
02-22-2011, 03:06 PM
There were some issues i had with the demo. first, I find that when i use the power modifier with a botton prompt uppercut it doesn't come out, i gotta use the stick. not too big a deal. second, and this was really weird, I was fighting Pac with Cotto, won the first 2 rounds, then got KD at the end of the 3rd, before i could get up, about at count 4, the round ended, but i still lost by KO, that **** didn't make any sense.

Besides that it looks like a better product then rnd 4, but rnd 3 is still my favorite.

-Huey-
02-22-2011, 03:17 PM
There are some things that need to be tweeked, but i think people just need to get over their self inflated ego's and just realize fight night is NOT REAL BOXING to a T. if has to establish some game mechanics, which is a stylization for reality. there are some things that can be added and other cannot because of time technical difficulty so they have to strip it down to the essentials. Lets face it i don't think that anyone here is actually understands what it takes to make a game like this. I work in 3D, and it's incredibly hard to achieve some things in 3D and it takes time which is money.
That's the straight up business end.

play the game be happy with the game, because that's all it is, it's just a game if you want FNC to be real, find a gym put on some gloves and commit yourself to learning how to box. that's the next step... And yes EA do know their stuff, I went to school with some of the artists and have seen their facilities it's state of the art top notch! Millions go into games like this researching working with actual boxers and people who make games for a living. not dudes who flame on boards and want their particular fighter to be the best. maybe you unsatisfied with your own life so you use a game to substitute. It's just a game bro, if you don't like it, don't buy it!

WTF does somebody's life have to do with FNC you cunting idiot?? Red K sent!

Dudley
02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
WTF does somebody's life have to do with FNC you cunting idiot?? Red K sent!

Noooooooooo Not Red K, whyy!??!? Did I state that it was you in particular? Did i even mention the TS in any of my posts!??! Dude if affected you that much, sending Red K is the least of your issues...if you have any.

Why not challenge me if you have something to say! :)

-Huey-
02-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Noooooooooo Not Red K, whyy!??!? Did I state that it was you in particular? Did i even mention the TS in any of my posts!??! Dude if affected you that much, sending Red K is the least of your issues...if you have any.

Why not challenge me if you have something to say! :)

Relax...i was only kidding about the Red k, check your user cp. You piece of crap.

AllEyesOpen
02-22-2011, 07:54 PM
There were some issues i had with the demo. first, I find that when i use the power modifier with a botton prompt uppercut it doesn't come out, i gotta use the stick. not too big a deal. second, and this was really weird, I was fighting Pac with Cotto, won the first 2 rounds, then got KD at the end of the 3rd, before i could get up, about at count 4, the round ended, but i still lost by KO, that **** didn't make any sense.

Besides that it looks like a better product then rnd 4, but rnd 3 is still my favorite.

It just happened again, Tyson this time, winning fight, got KD less then 10 seconds before the end of the fight, by the 5 count fight ends i lose by KO.

I really hope this does get fixed, it should go to the scorecards, or at least they should count me out even though the bell rang but i was getting up easy, it was the first KD.

Dudley
02-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Relax...i was only kidding about the Red k, check your user cp. You piece of crap.

hahahaha **** man you went ol school "You piece of crap" hhahahaha...straight to the point direct i love how you said crap instead of shi.t which is probably how good you are at FNC :)

gaylord!

one-Punch
02-23-2011, 02:29 AM
I personally don't like the punch control. I find it inaccurate. I don't exactly want to stare at my controller so that I can throw the punch/combo I want. I can also see idiots abusing these controls online with hooks.

The graphics look nice, the campaign will be interesting considering that it's a first, and I like the diversity of the line up of boxers.

*2TOUGH*
02-23-2011, 10:45 AM
its stupid, if i wanna jab and move, i cant... it will be a massive spamm fest.......

DIB42
02-23-2011, 11:10 AM
It just happened again, Tyson this time, winning fight, got KD less then 10 seconds before the end of the fight, by the 5 count fight ends i lose by KO.

I really hope this does get fixed, it should go to the scorecards, or at least they should count me out even though the bell rang but i was getting up easy, it was the first KD.

if it keeps happening you should report it to the ea forums. it might be a weird bug due in part by their "no online draws" system.

AllEyesOpen
02-23-2011, 12:49 PM
if it keeps happening you should report it to the ea forums. it might be a weird bug due in part by their "no online draws" system.

Thanks, i did just that hopefully it's just a glitch in the demo and gets corrected in the game itself.

crillz
02-23-2011, 01:15 PM
they too loose with the flash knockdowns and flash knockouts, I went a round where I was literally DESTROYING Manny Pacquiao with Miguel Cotto, I'm telling you I was landing at least 3 counter punch opportunities out of every 5 punches I threw, I was lifting his ass with everything and I didn't even bring him to a blinking red state or a completely red state nor did I get a flash KD/KO but he caught me just 1 time and KO'ed me and in a fight I was winning threw and threw I basically lost on a bull**** punch that wouldn't do that kind of damage in real life. they try to make it Castillo Corrales in every fight and it's really not always like that, it's really ruining the game for me. I like everything about the game but it's still missing certain things like being able to take a knee and punching while in the clinch for example, I have it paid for already so I just gotta go pick it up but honestly I REALLY hate how loose they are with those flash KD/KO's

Dudley
02-23-2011, 02:11 PM

I've been playing the game everyday for an hour since it came out... I've never seen that happen in any of fights I've also been knocked down before the bell and was given time to get up then it went to a shot of the corner. I didn't loose by ko...I dunno man....

Cafe
02-23-2011, 08:23 PM
it was fun, but the computer scored three flash knockdowns, one was a straight knockout. Seems to easy to get hit, and go down, or get hurt. Its just stupid to have that in the game, when we want to box, not be in danger mode all the time.

Hi-Dro
02-24-2011, 12:42 AM
they too loose with the flash knockdowns and flash knockouts, I went a round where I was literally DESTROYING Manny Pacquiao with Miguel Cotto, I'm telling you I was landing at least 3 counter punch opportunities out of every 5 punches I threw, I was lifting his ass with everything and I didn't even bring him to a blinking red state or a completely red state nor did I get a flash KD/KO but he caught me just 1 time and KO'ed me and in a fight I was winning threw and threw I basically lost on a bull**** punch that wouldn't do that kind of damage in real life. they try to make it Castillo Corrales in every fight and it's really not always like that, it's really ruining the game for me. I like everything about the game but it's still missing certain things like being able to take a knee and punching while in the clinch for example, I have it paid for already so I just gotta go pick it up but honestly I REALLY hate how loose they are with those flash KD/KO's

hit me up with your game tag crillz. I'd love to test my boxing skills against you.

DIB42
02-24-2011, 01:42 AM
Thanks, i did just that hopefully it's just a glitch in the demo and gets corrected in the game itself.

Dude, same thing happened to me today, so i know what you're talking about, link to your ea post and i'll add an update.

DIB42
02-24-2011, 01:46 AM
I've been playing the game everyday for an hour since it came out... I've never seen that happen in any of fights I've also been knocked down before the bell and was given time to get up then it went to a shot of the corner. I didn't loose by ko...I dunno man....

it just happened to me, i got knocked down 2 seconds before the final bell, it shot straight to cotto standing on the ropes celebrating and gave me the loss by ko (i was pac vs cotto) i was winning previous to that, it went to the get up sequence and ran a count of 1 then straight to the end, didn't give me the chance to get up.

something like that could easily sneak into the regular game.

*2TOUGH*
02-24-2011, 09:36 AM
yes the game sucks harddddddd

they made it suck with the spam fest...

Dudley
02-24-2011, 10:35 AM
it just happened to me, i got knocked down 2 seconds before the final bell, it shot straight to cotto standing on the ropes celebrating and gave me the loss by ko (i was pac vs cotto) i was winning previous to that, it went to the get up sequence and ran a count of 1 then straight to the end, didn't give me the chance to get up.

something like that could easily sneak into the regular game.

did the ref flip you over? the only time that's happened to me is when i fought pac with cotto and koed em with 5 secs left then the ref called it off. it's an automatic thing if you get caught clean and hard the ref will call it. it's like what the ref should have done in the Donair fight...that dude was done on the floor wobbling around. but that's natural, i've done it and have had it done to me.

(i get pissed when pac starts to land his straight left :/ then i get crazy and try to pay him back too much and get caught :P )

this game has a very organic feel to it which i think frustrates allot of people because they want exact controls and predictable action... that **** is boring. i like how crazy FNC can get because they are emulating real life fighting. look at ward vs neary that fight was so one sided then boom! one perfect punch! lights out!

DIB42
02-24-2011, 10:41 AM

I like the game.
Spam fests don't worry me, just jab and move out of the way, throw the occasional lunging hook or straight, and when they're worn out, go in and box the crap out of them.

DIB42
02-24-2011, 10:44 AM
did the ref flip you over? the only time that's happened to me is when i fought pac with cotto and koed em with 5 secs left then the ref called it off. it's an automatic thing if you get caught clean and hard the ref will call it. it's like what the ref should have done in the Donair fight...that dude was done on the floor wobbling around. but that's natural, i've done it and have had it done to me.

(i get pissed when pac starts to land his straight left :/ then i get crazy and try to pay him back too much and get caught :P )

this game has a very organic feel to it which i think frustrates allot of people because they want exact controls and predictable action... that **** is boring. i like how crazy FNC can get because they are emulating real life fighting. look at ward vs neary that fight was so one sided then boom! one perfect punch! lights out!

No the ref didn't flip me over (at first i read it "did the ref flip you off... lol)

it wasn't a 1 punch ko, or even a stoppage, my guy got stunned with 10 seconds left in the game, then got dropped with 2 seconds left in the game. It went to the minigame you play to get up, ref counted to 1 then the screen flicked to Cotto standing on the corner ropes celebrating.

its a bug that i'm thinking may not have been caught in time, cause i haven't seen many people addressing it.

Dudley
02-24-2011, 11:16 AM
No the ref didn't flip me over (at first i read it "did the ref flip you off... lol)

it wasn't a 1 punch ko, or even a stoppage, my guy got stunned with 10 seconds left in the game, then got dropped with 2 seconds left in the game. It went to the minigame you play to get up, ref counted to 1 then the screen flicked to Cotto standing on the corner ropes celebrating.

its a bug that i'm thinking may not have been caught in time, cause i haven't seen many people addressing it.

oh god ... flip you off ... fauuuuuk... yeah i was busy trying to explain something while writing... :/

yeah i haven't had the glitch before... that's odd :P i think they will fix most of those issues when the game is released...i really like this game. even though i can beast pac some matches he can make it a war from time to time if i get to overzealous and try to make him pay... it get's crazy!

Dudley
02-24-2011, 11:17 AM

You love it don't lie!

hint use your legs the more punches they throw and miss the better than catch them lunching or sidestep ...i mean really that's just boxing 101.

DIB42
02-24-2011, 12:39 PM

Just got word that the crew at EA know about it.

Cool

Dudley
02-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Just got word that the crew at EA know about it.

Cool

That's pretty dope!

good stuff bro!

Do you work in the industry?

AllEyesOpen
02-24-2011, 12:45 PM

Happened to me twice already, it goes into the getting up minigame, the ref counts to 4 and the bell rings. They go to the winners corner as he climbs the ropes like he got a KO, the really weird thing is that the announcer was saying that it was going to the scorecards but then changes to how i was Ko'd.

Like i said i hope it's just the demo.

AllEyesOpen
02-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Dude, same thing happened to me today, so i know what you're talking about, link to your ea post and i'll add an update.

link to my post on the ea forum. i hope they catch it in time, i think it's an easy enough fix.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5196162.page;jsessionid=4EFC6665F933BEF4D8681BA3CE FCDD66

*2TOUGH*
02-24-2011, 12:57 PM
You love it don't lie!

hint use your legs the more punches they throw and miss the better than catch them lunching or sidestep ...i mean really that's just boxing 101.

hello teddy atlas :la:

*2TOUGH*
02-24-2011, 01:23 PM
just played it again, the footwork is worser than FNR4 and the rings are like tiny, do they expect every fight to be like PrizeFighter LMAO its a shi-ty game

DIB42
02-24-2011, 01:46 PM
That's pretty dope!

good stuff bro!

Do you work in the industry?

No i'm not in the video game or boxing industry, just a fan, i just asked some people who were in with the people who were in with the people etc etc.

BigStereotype
02-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Happened to me twice already, it goes into the getting up minigame, the ref counts to 4 and the bell rings. They go to the winners corner as he climbs the ropes like he got a KO, the really weird thing is that the announcer was saying that it was going to the scorecards but then changes to how i was Ko'd.

Like i said i hope it's just the demo.

It's a game feature. They've decided to license Richard Steele, the model's just not down yet.

Dudley
02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
just played it again, the footwork is worser than FNR4 and the rings are like tiny, do they expect every fight to be like PrizeFighter LMAO its a shi-ty game

hahah yet your still playing it. the footwork is much betterer than FN4 who are you kidding :)

just get betterer and you'll start winning! ;)

*2TOUGH*
02-24-2011, 02:24 PM
hahah yet your still playing it. the footwork is much betterer than FN4 who are you kidding :)

just get betterer and you'll start winning! ;)

I have played it a few times, i beat PAC by KO... the footwork is terrible, the ring size is TINY... few steps and your near the ropes...

Dudley
02-24-2011, 02:31 PM
I have played it a few times, i beat PAC by KO... the footwork is terrible, the ring size is TINY... few steps and your near the ropes...

ohhh you mean the ringsize in the demo.

(demo being the key word) real game comes out march 1st trade in FN3-4 man up and get FNC.

num3r0nz3 see ya on the flip!

AllEyesOpen
02-24-2011, 03:12 PM
It's a game feature. They've decided to license Richard Steele, the model's just not down yet.

talk about authentic:lol1:

DIB42
02-24-2011, 03:45 PM
ohhh you mean the ringsize in the demo.

(demo being the key word) real game comes out march 1st trade in FN3-4 man up and get FNC.

num3r0nz3 see ya on the flip!

user name seems familiar, are you on xbox? I think i may have pwned you on the demo.

*actually i don't remember if i won or lost, i won and lost alot of bouts*

does the name toiletmouse ring a bell.

Dudley
02-24-2011, 04:39 PM
user name seems familiar, are you on xbox? I think i may have pwned you on the demo.

*actually i don't remember if i won or lost, i won and lost alot of bouts*

does the name toiletmouse ring a bell.

ha naw i'm on theee PS3 :)

If your own ps3 bring on the pwning if you dare lol!

last guy to step up pays me to shine my shoes.

DIB42
02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
ha naw i'm on theee PS3 :)

If your own ps3 bring on the pwning if you dare lol!

last guy to step up pays me to shine my shoes.

I've got both systems but i'm getting it for the xbox,
sports games wise the xbox always seems to get the updates first, and usually has the stronger online following. Also the PS3 had issues with FNR4 and i'm sure they fixed the server stuff, but i'd rather not chance it.

My ps3 is my favorite still, but for sports games i go xbox

Steak
02-25-2011, 01:45 AM
yall must suck at the game if you have trouble getting away from the opponent.

although they could make the ring a little bigger.

TheHolyCross
02-25-2011, 08:55 AM
yall must suck at the game if you have trouble getting away from the opponent.

although they could make the ring a little bigger.

my thoughts exactly, and suck bad

DIB42
02-25-2011, 04:03 PM
my thoughts exactly, and suck bad

I think often its a situation of "I'm standing there waiting for him to let me punch, then he starts punching me, and i move. Then he moves with me, and starts punching me again. This game is messed up"

Dudley
02-25-2011, 04:24 PM
I think often its a situation of "I'm standing there waiting for him to let me punch, then he starts punching me, and i move. Then he moves with me, and starts punching me again. This game is messed up"

Haha this game sucks they fight back??!?! !@#$ this game that Bull!@#$!!!

can't wait to get a ton a hate mail threw pns when this game comes out... WTF you KMTFO your cheating! :S

DIB42
02-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah, i love when people find one move that works on most opponents. Then you fight them, and find there is a counter to the one move they do. Then the call you the cheater/spammer.

In my mind i'm thinking . . . . . I can only hit you with a left hook when you turtle and you turtled the whole fight, so of course i just kept timing the one punch....

I hate when they want to cheeze or glitch, and they ***** that "you don't box like you're supposed to"

I'll sim box anyone else that sim boxes, but if you're doing something over and over, then i have to counter that.

*2TOUGH*
02-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Yeah, i love when people find one move that works on most opponents. Then you fight them, and find there is a counter to the one move they do. Then the call you the cheater/spammer.

In my mind i'm thinking . . . . . I can only hit you with a left hook when you turtle and you turtled the whole fight, so of course i just kept timing the one punch....

I hate when they want to cheeze or glitch, and they ***** that "you don't box like you're supposed to"

I'll sim box anyone else that sim boxes, but if you're doing something over and over, then i have to counter that.

If you hit to the body 300 times, and that is all you do, it IS spamming.

You take this game too seriously, maybe you should suck the head of EA Sports ****? :bottle: :crying:

Dudley
02-26-2011, 09:46 AM

You take this game too seriously, maybe you should suck the head of EA Sports ****? :bottle: :crying:

MY WORD 300 times now thats outta hand ... i didnt know it was getting that bad... welll i can only suggest this. If you have a PS3 brows to games goto FNC and instead of pressing x press o, goto delete when it promts click yes... now about what you suggested, sucking dicks probably means your a homophobe ... or you secretly stand beside holes in public washroom waiting for nob to pop out ... this is a games forum ...its ok if your gay .... but please post your fantasies in thunderdome...now if you kindly STFUYPOC and GTFO.

Visceral
02-27-2011, 07:19 AM
My issue with the demo is that when I try to box and circle and the computer just wants to get into slugfests with me 100% of the time whoever I play as. That and punching in the clinch, why for crapsake can't we get that in the game?
It would also be nice to have a bigger roster and good training minigames.
Other than that I think it's a good game from what I have played and seen.

DIB42
02-28-2011, 12:13 PM
My issue with the demo is that when I try to box and circle and the computer just wants to get into slugfests with me 100% of the time whoever I play as. That and punching in the clinch, why for crapsake can't we get that in the game?
It would also be nice to have a bigger roster and good training minigames.
Other than that I think it's a good game from what I have played and seen.

Punching in the clinch would be awesome, I don't remember their reasoning for not doing it, or if it just didn't make it into this game.

The in-fighting is better, but still needs alot of work.
Although it is better than the invisible shield days.

I don't like minigames personally, but a bigger roster would be nice, and to fix the "only 3 weight classes" online thing thats annoying.

DIB42
02-28-2011, 12:17 PM

Get out of the way or counter.

The game doesn't suck because people don't fight in a conventional way all the time.

You'd be suprised how often your opponent will stop spamming the body if you don't let them.

As far as taking the game seriously, i'm not the one freaking out over how someone else plays the game.

Cafe
02-28-2011, 08:12 PM
I played the game again and hes what I taught. This tyme I chosed Pacman instead of Miguel. I didnt get A SINGLE knockdown or flash knockdown or whatever playing two games, going the full three rounds, I just once knockdpown Cotto with one punch. I thing is to bob and weave tho in this game you can't really dodge punches only block them. I won both games, still feels sluggish in when you do a comand it seems like your not getting what you want. Also its good to move in this game, and punches seem to fly all over the place, its like the boxers are tired from the first bell LOL, still a pile of crap but enjoyble for A FEW GAMES. I don't think this game will last more than a month.

DIB42
02-28-2011, 09:15 PM
My copy of the game is being held hostage by fedex until tomorrow.

Dudley
03-01-2011, 01:11 PM
My copy of the game is being held hostage by fedex until tomorrow.

I get mine tonight :DDD

srry not to rub it in :)

DIB42
03-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Mines on the truck right now!!! I hope someone is at my house to recieve it... Otherwise i'm going to be sad