View Full Version : my new workout routine!

phook
09-10-2005, 01:51 AM
sun - Weight training
mon - Plyometrics
tues - BOXING
wed - Plyometrics
thurs - BOXING
fri - Weight training
sat - Plyometrics

-Plyometrics-

do 7 - 12 (1min break)

Burpees - 20 seconds

Light jog - 20 seconds

Star jumps - 20 seconds

Light jumping jacks - 20 seconds

press ups - 20 seconds

Light jog - 20 seconds

Squats - 20 seconds

Jumping jacks - 20 seconds

Punch out drills - 20 seconds

Shadow boxing - 20 seconds

- am workout -

shadow boxing w/weights 3 x 3

sprint for 20min (30sec jog & 30sec run)

-boxing gym-

skipping

3x2 sparring

focus pads

heavy bag

medicine ball

- am workout -

- Weight training -

1. Bench Press

2. Squats

3. Chin ups

4. Dips

5. Leg Press

6. One Arm Row

- am workout -

sprint for 20min (30sec jog & 30sec run)

need some feedback please

Pugnacious_Z
09-10-2005, 02:27 AM
to me dat looks like alot of training for a beginner, dont know why u need dat, ur goin a bit extreme for a novice. if u can do those plyometrics 7-12 times, u can last alot more then 3-4 rounds that u need for amateur. remembers, first its skill which u only get from sparring, stamin to last 3-4 rounds for amateur from training, ur doin a bit 2 much. for sum reason i feel like uve writen wat ur gona do for the past week or 2 and u havnt done it, ur tryin to get the perfect program, try to do it

phook
09-10-2005, 02:57 AM
i gotta train like a champ to be a champ

GreenTea
09-10-2005, 05:11 AM
sun - Weight training
mon - Plyometrics
tues - BOXING
wed - Plyometrics
thurs - BOXING
fri - Weight training
sat - Plyometrics

You are REALLY on the wrong tracks. You supposed to be champ and you have boxing training twice a week ???? NO WAY !

You have to perform the sport-specific training a lot more than that. All the weight training and plyometrics are nonsense if you havenīt take care of the basis. The techniques and tactics are everything. All the other stuff is just additions.

You canīt find a shortcut to be a good boxer. Donīt bite too much on one time. Be patient and work hard and wisely. Donīt jump over the foundamentals to the advanced training routine. It is unwise and even dangerous. You canīt gain imrovement by doing that. You are just waisting your time.

PunchDrunk
09-10-2005, 02:36 PM
You are REALLY on the wrong tracks. You supposed to be champ and you have boxing training twice a week ???? NO WAY !

You have to perform the sport-specific training a lot more than that. All the weight training and plyometrics are nonsense if you havenīt take care of the basis. The techniques and tactics are everything. All the other stuff is just additions.

You canīt find a shortcut to be a good boxer. Donīt bite too much on one time. Be patient and work hard and wisely. Donīt jump over the foundamentals to the advanced training routine. It is unwise and even dangerous. You canīt gain imrovement by doing that. You are just waisting your time.

I definitely agree.

Also, does this guy even know what plyometrics are?? :confused:
None of those excercises can be classified as plyometrics.

phook
09-11-2005, 11:21 AM
alright! i think u guys are right.. that programme i posted is too crazy
what should my workout routine be?

i had 3yrs of boxing experienced btw

phook
09-11-2005, 11:31 AM
i want my training to be 80% anaerobic because thats what boxing mainly are