View Full Version : Fight Night Champion. over 50+fighters and only 1 mexican?

right2die
02-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Only ONE mexican fighter! WTF?! I've been playing the demo and its everything i wanted the new fight night to be. my only complaint is the lack of my personal favorite fighters. Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, Jorge Arce, Juan Manuel Marquez. I'm really hoping they make DLC with those guys. I dont care if i gotta pay extra. anyone else with me on this?

Kevin Malone
02-10-2011, 12:28 AM
I really don't know why they spend 2 years on a game and release it with so few fighters. It should have 250 current fighters plus 250 former fighters.

abdiel2k3
02-10-2011, 12:38 AM
they need to get their head outta their ass
lol
thats bs
id buy that dlc tho

-Huey-
02-10-2011, 12:39 AM
I dont see how they could have left the current lightweight king (JMM) out!

Erik K
02-10-2011, 01:08 AM
How many times do we need to go over this? Its not that EA wanted to leave them out. Its some fighters price themselves out or Ea & the fighters management team etc cant come to terms. Lots of stuff we dont hear about.

Erik K
02-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Really only 1 Mexican boxer in the entire game? I can name a few off top of my head. Chavez, vargas, Arreola, Monzon. Probably a few more.

crillz
02-10-2011, 03:00 AM
Really only 1 Mexican boxer in the entire game? I can name a few off top of my head. Chavez, vargas, Arreola, Monzon. Probably a few more.

Monzon is not from Mexico he's from Argentina, see below...

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=9036&cat=boxer

Erik K
02-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Monzon is not from Mexico he's from Argentina, see below...

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=9036&cat=boxer

Yeah my bad.

DIB42
02-10-2011, 11:23 AM
The Marquez bro's would have been awesome, but its probably a price thing. (Manny vs Marquez on FNC would be epic)

Chris Aerolla is on there, i know he's Mexi/Ameri but we're getting closer.

Dudley
02-10-2011, 11:56 AM
I really don't know why they spend 2 years on a game and release it with so few fighters. It should have 250 current fighters plus 250 former fighters.

quality of quantity. makes sense to me when workin on a fixed budget. No project has an endless budget.

Ether
02-10-2011, 01:38 PM
No margarito either?

tons and tons of people i'll have to dl created versions of, plus the story mode looks mediocre. I'm not completely sold on this game at all... i'm trying to be.. my friends are getting it and I have the money, but cmon.. lol, like someone said this is a game that will be like FN4 and be $20 by the end of the year.

Dudley
02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
No margarito either?

tons and tons of people i'll have to dl created versions of, plus the story mode looks mediocre. I'm not completely sold on this game at all... i'm trying to be.. my friends are getting it and I have the money, but cmon.. lol, like someone said this is a game that will be like FN4 and be $20 by the end of the year.

CAB's

Honesty guys! really?

I would live to see the games that would be created by the people who complain about them the most...it would never hit the shelf! I work in the industry all the stuff you guys complain about come down to 2 things TIME and MONEY! Not enough time game suffers not enough money game suffers. be happy with what you have, and if your not at least they have options to change it up... and if that doesn't help.

open your own company make your own game...

So far this is the best boxing game on the planet, deal with it!

right2die
02-10-2011, 02:41 PM

vargas and arreola arnt mexicans! they were born and live state side. Chavez is the only mexican fighter in the game.... and i think its just a little disappointing. not to say i wont buy the game and enjoy it. i just wish those guys were in it. i hope EA somehow finds a way to get them in.

Ether
02-10-2011, 03:07 PM
CAB's

Honesty guys! really?

I would live to see the games that would be created by the people who complain about them the most...it would never hit the shelf! I work in the industry all the stuff you guys complain about come down to 2 things TIME and MONEY! Not enough time game suffers not enough money game suffers. be happy with what you have, and if your not at least they have options to change it up... and if that doesn't help.

CAB'S!

HONESTLY GUYS!

REALLY!

YES DUDLEY!

There were people who immediately went online and dled created versions of characters that didn't make it, in fact i ran out of cab slots on FN4 if you wanna get all serious business. I played with more created people than the regular ones, isn't that pathetic? The created Mayweather on PS3 had over 100K downloads I can't imagine how many 360's had, so spend 60 bucks just to play as the exact same people as FN1,FN2,FN3,FN4. I'm sorry we aren't jumping up and down to play as SRL and Ali again. Oh but wait! we get Oscar DLH and Hopkins this time! for free! oh my! they're not dlcs anymore. we won't be charged! And what's with all the crying about us making our own game if we're unhappy? you want honest feedback you'll get it, don't get all emo cause you don't like it. The rated M feel is simply there to look/feel different but it isn't. Just a F word here and there, some extra blood and a bare knuckle fiction mode. It will be $20 by December. And before you come at me with some blah blah Mayweather wanted too much money i know, i know the whole story behind why he isn't in it. Is that gonna stop people from dling a created version and use him more than pacquiao? no..

Bastian Loc
02-10-2011, 03:35 PM
CAB's

Honesty guys! really?

You're a joke and an *******. The hacks on EA have had 15 years to make a decent boxing game and they fail miserably every time out with the exception (a slight one) of Fn4. This with them having a goddamn virtual monopoly on sports games in the marketplace.

If you work in the industry you're part of the problem because you sound stupid, unresponsive and extremely lazy. Apparently dropping 65 bucks on a game isn't enough to motivate you ****suckers to make a good game?

Well I just played the demo for this game last week and typical of EA they added a bunch of new useless **** like an in in ring ref (oh where has that been all my life??) and then destroyed any progress they made with the inside fighting and counterpunching of round 4 by ruining the punching and blocking only to add in new filler material to try to con people into thinking the game was "new".

I almost think EA wrecks the games on purpose only to create demand for a "better" game next time around which they'll gladly barely tweak to keep you narrowly satisfied and then load the rosters with the same 40 fighters most of which nobody asked for and in the end only reveal EA's ignorance about the current state of boxing.

Amin Askianienenene and Billy Dib?

Robert Guerrero but no JMM?

GTFO clown.

Erik K
02-10-2011, 04:41 PM
vargas and arreola arnt mexicans! they were born and live state side. Chavez is the only mexican fighter in the game.... and i think its just a little disappointing. not to say i wont buy the game and enjoy it. i just wish those guys were in it. i hope EA somehow finds a way to get them in.

Well Im white and don't really care what race the majority roster is. I hope for a solid game with decent names on the roster.

Not sure how many white or black guys are in the game and dont really care. Maybe the Mexican fighters where asking to much money or had other demands that couldnt be met.

S.G.
02-10-2011, 05:56 PM
How many times do we need to go over this? Its not that EA wanted to leave them out. Its some fighters price themselves out or Ea & the fighters management team etc cant come to terms. Lots of stuff we dont hear about.
What about old retired (or dead) greats with no managers, promoters or sponsors? Surely most retired fighters would just be happy that somebody remembered them . . .

The roster is abysmal imo.

Erik K
02-10-2011, 09:10 PM
What about old retired (or dead) greats with no managers, promoters or sponsors? Surely most retired fighters would just be happy that somebody remembered them . . .

The roster is abysmal imo.

Just about every big name thats retired or even dead has some one in charge of the rights to use his name.

Arguello was the first to sue EA I believe , years ago when he found out he was in Knock out kings. He had been retired for over 10 years I think.

TuRoK'em
02-10-2011, 09:24 PM
you are playing the demo...i'm sure they are at least gonna have six mexi fighters in the game.

MexiKneecanQuit
02-10-2011, 09:29 PM
you are playing the demo...i'm sure they are at least gonna have six mexi fighters in the game.
Heres a couple more!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1j4OH21THOk/SkfD6jpSmBI/AAAAAAAACyg/IJmNy5QwFdk/s400/ortiz100.jpg
http://insidefights.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/de-la-hoya-stool.jpg

right2die
02-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Well Im white and don't really care what race the majority roster is. I hope for a solid game with decent names on the roster.

Not sure how many white or black guys are in the game and dont really care. Maybe the Mexican fighters where asking to much money or had other demands that couldnt be met.

its not about what race they are. its nationality. i could care less what color there skin is. you're probably right though about the demands. maybe they are asking too much money. still disappointing. oh well.. hopefully all the other new stuff can make up for it a little bit.

*2TOUGH*
02-11-2011, 06:55 AM
how many british fighters are there? apart from hatton and calzaghe?

wheres naz, benn, eubanks?

Erik K
02-11-2011, 12:59 PM

Any of you getting it for 360?

dj Ramos
02-11-2011, 05:44 PM
only 1 mexican? i might not buy this if thats the case.

Clegg
02-11-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm not a nationalistic Mexican so this doesn't really bother me.

BigStereotype
02-11-2011, 08:44 PM

But durrrrrrrrrrrrr boxers just want to be in this game for free right? I mean uh doze guys at EA must be racist! Dur.

right2die
02-12-2011, 01:20 AM

i would love for naseem hamed to be in. he's definitely my favorite british fighter. he had such good reflexes. and speed too. it would be great to use him in FNC.

Va_BoriKua
02-12-2011, 11:01 PM
No titoooooooooooooooooooooooooo this is pissing me offffffff

-Kev-
02-13-2011, 01:16 AM
I dont see how they could have left the current lightweight king (JMM) out!

This is exactly what I thought and it's the only thing that bothers me. It's not even about ethnicity like this thread is about, is about the current relevant fighters not being there.

1. Lightweight Champion Juan Manuel Marquez is not there. But they have Robert Guerrero :dunno:

2. They skipped the whole Super Middleweight division. That means, no Ward, no Dirrell, no Froch, no Kessler, no Abraham, no Johnson[he's not in the game at all, not even as a LHW], no Bute, and no Green.

3. They have Roy Jones Jr and Chad Dawson, 2 of my favorite fighters ever yes, I love that. But then they don't have 2 guys who beat them, Jean Pascal who beat Dawson, and Glen Johnson who beat Jones.

4. There is no Junior Welterweight division, and they put Hatton, Bradley, Ortiz, Judah, Holt, and Augustus as Welterweights but left out every other fighter from 140. That means Khan, Peterson, Kotelnik, Alexander, are not in this game.

5. They have a Featherweight division, Gamboa, Billy Dib, and Kevin Kelley. But no Juan Manuel Lopez and Chris John.

6. They have a Bantamweight division with a lone fighter, Nonito Donaire. He's gonna fight himself? :lol1:

7. Middleweight: The Middleweight King Sergio Martinez is not there. What's worse? Not even the second best guy in the division is there, Paul Williams.

Obviously the roster is flawed, but the gameplay and graphics are very good and it's must have for Boxing fans.