View Full Version : New Boxer Needs Help

Boxer_101
09-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Hey Guys, i thought i was tough u guys are the definition of tough but neway im 13 and getting into boxing i've been in martial arts and jui-jitsu and now that my leg work is complete and have training on ground im looking for the power of the punch in boxing so i can fufill my dream of fighting in the ufc/pride when im older so can some1 plz give me some help on what workout stragedy to start with and jus everything pretty much what did u do when u started fighting i need that advice alright thanks...........

lowkey77
09-08-2005, 12:17 AM
while the boxing training is intense, for those competitions i would not take up boxing....just ask ray mercer.
brazilian ju-jitsu is pretty good, maybe mui tai (did i spell that right?)

or, you can do my art - car-fu

the mystical art of hitting people with your car. i always win.

patto1984
09-08-2005, 02:59 AM
thats good man i want to fight nhb one day myself but only got as far as boxing, wing chun with few muay thai and judo lessons, bas rutten tapes. really want to get into bjj but theres no gyms around.
the best way to learn how to throw punches and combos is to get a trainer on the focus mits with u. be decently fit when you first go.
try to get plenty of sparring.
watch plenty of tapes of great fights, learn off them. thats how ive learnt bjj moves.
dont go to a muay thai gym thinking theyll teach u boxing as well, they dont concentrate on it as much as knees elbows kicks and concequently suck at boxing.

Inf3rn0
09-08-2005, 05:33 PM
what a dumn poll, lol.