View Full Version : Fight night Demo Strategies...

Dudley
02-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Yoyo!

Man i am so stoked to get the full game of this demo!

Ok so what are some things you've noticed that have worked so far?

Jab is pretty beast this game, I Finally beat Ali with Tyson by setting up all my punches with the jab. As the match slows i started to sidestep when he moves in to attack and catch him with uppercuts.

With Cotto vs pac i usually fight as a counter puncher i side step outside of pac's power and shoot the L upper and straight right hand. until i built a rhythm and then to switch it up i step inside and throw straight right left hook right upper. I've Ko'ed him stepping inside with the right cross... so beast! :)

Dudley
02-07-2011, 06:44 PM
wow i feel like a gay SOB for posting this... :S

Terrel
02-07-2011, 06:49 PM
I like to counter alot. Not in the "flash" sense but but rather let off my combo's and set out and jump in to openings. Doesn't always work for me in FNC because I like to fight as Mike Tyson and the reach is a big problem.

I've tried side stepping and have caught Ali with some bombs but lose anyway cause im ***** lol

I need some pointers man. I've boxed in real life and know my ***** but on games, I useless! Just got the XBox and have one guy from boxingscene on my friends list (ErikK) lol SMH

Talk about a sad life!

AndyShitHot
02-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I nearly just beat Ali for the first time, got a SD Loss. I outlanded him in the first but he had the better percentage of landed punches and won on 2 out of the three scorecards. In round 2 I got caught into a war and he won the round. In round 3 I managed to pull off what I wanted to do and that was to move in and out, throw punches in bunches and I won the round.

So I think the best thing to do is to just do that really as going to war favours him. I normally lose the round when I throw 130 odds punches but in the final round I threw just 89 and won it.

Mersey
02-08-2011, 04:16 PM
I like to stay on the outside and use my jab.

Terrel
02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
I beat Ali with Tyson today for the first time.

How? By boxing him on the outside LOL - With Tyson!!!

I couldn't believe how often I was catching him.

Round 1: Stepping in with my jab and trying to land at least a 3 hit combo to the body. Now and again working to the head. Started side stepping alot and trying new combo's and they were working!

Round 2: He upped his work rate and jab. Gave me a bit of trouble but still tried to work his body and side step right and left to catch him with uppercuts followed by straights and hooks. He edged this round though.

Round 3: Came out same tactic, trying to side step to the right and right hook. Caught him clean with a minute into the round and dropped him with that side step shot. He got up and tried coming at me hard, I left myself alil open trying to take him out but won the round and the fight.

I was playing the CPU and had been having difficulties with its work rate but today, I think I worked it out. Ima try stopping him next time.

Dudley
02-08-2011, 05:34 PM
yeah i find with tyson vs Ali yo have to be either outside of his range or very close range. you can't be in the middle or you'll get picked apart.

I use the jab allot to break the gap vs ALI. I fight in spots, get out and jab to set up the right hand. sometime i'll slip inside underneath his punches using the weave motion.

But to be honest i've landed some bombs and he's never been hurt to bad... it's so frustrating!!! but i try to stick to this game plan.

Pac is easy now, i used to have trouble with him but now, i beat him like a school girl who owes me lunch money. (w/ Cotto)

Terrel
02-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Weaving with Tyson on PS3 feels alot easier than on the xbox.

Don't really do it much but when im weaving I do make Ali miss quite alot. I've tried once or twice to use my jab to come in and close the gap but just prefer on waiting for Ali to snap that jab so that I could counter.

I work rate isn't that much across the 3 rounds. Rarely throw more than 210 punches, that'l be a maximum so I try to be as defensive and possible aswell as making all my punches count. With my style I think I need too, especially with the work rate the CPU runs at.

Dudley
02-08-2011, 05:58 PM
does anyone have good advice for body work? I always throw up top pretty much.

SplitSecond
02-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Weaving with Tyson on PS3 feels alot easier than on the xbox.

Don't really do it much but when im weaving I do make Ali miss quite alot. I've tried once or twice to use my jab to come in and close the gap but just prefer on waiting for Ali to snap that jab so that I could counter.

I work rate isn't that much across the 3 rounds. Rarely throw more than 210 punches, that'l be a maximum so I try to be as defensive and possible aswell as making all my punches count. With my style I think I need too, especially with the work rate the CPU runs at.

word, ali's chin is a *****, i just wait to counter with tysons overhand right, it takes a couple, but by rd three, i have dropped or atleast hurt him a couple of times

anyway, my strategy in this game is usually fighting on the outside, jabbing, coming in with a normal jab to the body then hitting the modifier button to hit them with a big cross upstairs, throw quick punches, always being ready to leap back or sidestep and hit them with a modified counter cross

also the hook with the lead hand works wonder for people trying to leap in with a bodyshot, i've checked hooked a couple of guys and it usually just ends with no count

very few go past 3 rounds, everyone seems to suck at this game so far

DIB42
02-08-2011, 06:15 PM
does anyone have good advice for body work? I always throw up top pretty much.

right now with them only being 3 rounds, body work doesn't really factor in much. Although i fought a dude and the only way i could score was to walk him into a corner and work the body.

Dudley
02-08-2011, 06:39 PM
right now with them only being 3 rounds, body work doesn't really factor in much. Although i fought a dude and the only way i could score was to walk him into a corner and work the body.

yeah i know after 3 round the strategy my friend uses isn't good he's a front runner but he goes to the body allot... it's good for 3 rounds and he throws lots but leaves himself open and his stamina drops quite a bit later rounds if it went the distance he would be screwed... but i think that's the next thing i need to work on besides leaning to counter also.

crillz
02-09-2011, 12:57 AM
my only weakness in this game is when I'm completely wrecking a guy and he lands 1 hard flush inside hook and knocks me out without the possibility of getting up, that has literally been the only way I lose, I rarely ever lose decisions because my cobination punching is sick. I usually lose by flash KO when I do actually lose because any other time I win. I like the graphics and basically everything about this game but I also think they are too loose with the 1 punch knockout thing, punches that barely land rock you as if it was a hard flush shot and it's not, I hope they tweak that a bit because I feel a lot of good and close fights will be ruined like this, it shouldn't happen as often as it does whether it's me getting it or giving it I still don't like that

pwnthee
02-09-2011, 01:51 AM
my only weakness in this game is when I'm completely wrecking a guy and he lands 1 hard flush inside hook and knocks me out without the possibility of getting up, that has literally been the only way I lose, I rarely ever lose decisions because my cobination punching is sick. I usually lose by flash KO when I do actually lose because any other time I win. I like the graphics and basically everything about this game but I also think they are too loose with the 1 punch knockout thing, punches that barely land rock you as if it was a hard flush shot and it's not, I hope they tweak that a bit because I feel a lot of good and close fights will be ruined like this, it shouldn't happen as often as it does whether it's me getting it or giving it I still don't like that

The actual game will probably have a sensitivity/frequency slider for that. I'll be cranking it down to the lowest possible level without turning it off.

So are you using the face buttons or the analog stick everyone?

I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon so I get Big George right away. I think everyone else either doesn't get him or maybe can buy him separately after some time.

It looks like it'll be a decent game. I buy just about every boxing game. I had my suspicions about Prizefighter, which is why I rented that one first. Plus I think it wasn't available on the PS3, so I had no choice but to play it on the 360. I like the 360 just fine, but not the controller so much, especially for fighting games.

This'll be a decent game, but it's still got nothing on the Victorious Boxers / Boxer's Road 2 games. EA should buy that team and put an updated version of that engine into their boxing titles.

EA still deserves credit for trying on it's boxing titles. None of them have been relatively THAT bad, outside of KO Kings 2002, which was the worst damn thing I've ever played. Atari 2600 "Boxing" was better, more authentic.

Dudley
02-09-2011, 10:17 AM
The actual game will probably have a sensitivity/frequency slider for that. I'll be cranking it down to the lowest possible level without turning it off.

I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon so I get Big George right away. I think everyone else either doesn't get him or maybe can buy him separately after some time.

It looks like it'll be a decent game. I buy just about every boxing game. I had my suspicions about Prizefighter, which is why I rented that one first. Plus I think it wasn't available on the PS3, so I had no choice but to play it on the 360. I like the 360 just fine, but not the controller so much, especially for fighting games.

This'll be a decent game, but it's still got nothing on the Victorious Boxers / Boxer's Road 2 games. EA should buy that team and put an updated version of that engine into their boxing titles.

EA still deserves credit for trying on it's boxing titles. None of them have been relatively THAT bad, outside of KO Kings 2002, which was the worst damn thing I've ever played. Atari 2600 "Boxing" was better, more authentic.

yeah i've played Victorious boxers and every other boxing game out there. trust me when i say this. You will love it! FNC so far has allot of depth, there are multiple ways to fight and setup counters combinations setups.

Victorious boxers lacked fine tuned control on top of the fact you can land multiple crips shots in a row and still get owned ala Dempsy role vs the dude with the flicker jab. When you think about it that's your whole weight behind each shot.. :/

Allot of people complain about what the games doesn't do well, but from what is has adjusted and what it's good at FNC is a really deep game. I've been playing it allot and i really think when all the dust has settled FNC is out generation of Mike tyson's punch out.

All you can ask is accept what's there get used to the controls and go to war! :)

crillz
02-09-2011, 10:50 AM

see but then what about online play? online play uses the default settings so therefore unless they tweak the default settings it will happen basically every single fight for me. yesterday I went 0-2 and you know how it happened? take a guess, flash ko's after I was whippin this guys ass the whole fight, in 1 I was Pacquiao and he was Cotto, in an exciting fight we made it to the third round and I dropped him twice, I was literally wrecking him and making him miss damn near everything he threw but then what magically comes in and saves him? a 1 punch ko from a punch behind the head that didn't even look like it touched me, I whooped this dudes ass for 3 whole rounds and he just knocks me out like that putting to waste everything I did the whole fight, now he walks away thinking he's better when I was literally beating the **** out of him and an all too frequently "lucky" punch saves his life

I know where they are going with this but they are over doing it yo this doesn't happen all of the time in Boxing, they are too loose with this feature and it's TRULY taking away from the game, there are times when I knock somebody out that way and I feel pissed off because it's a good fight that had to end on a not so good punch, honestly it be those shots that don't look like they would hurt you that flatten you completely and I understand that it happens in real life but nowhere near as many times as it happens in the game

I think you should be also able to punch on the clinch and take a knee if you have to, it could save you from getting hit with that 1 punch knockout and still have a chance. I been flash knocked out twice in fights where I was literally beating the **** out the guy, that flash ko happens WAYYYY too much man it's in damn near any fight and it's like the only self destructing thing I can see about this game, other than that this game is a fight fans dream, it could always be better as with any game but it's awesome with the exception of those flash ko's, it should only be flash knock downs not knock outs

Erik K
02-09-2011, 11:37 AM
see but then what about online play? online play uses the default settings so therefore unless they tweak the default settings
I think you should be also able to punch on the clinch and take a knee if you have to, it could save you from getting hit with that 1 punch knockout and still have a chance. I been flash knocked out twice in fights where I was literally beating the **** out the guy, that flash ko happens WAYYYY too much man it's in damn near any fight and it's like the only self destructing thing I can see about this game, other than that this game is a fight fans dream, it could always be better as with any game but it's awesome with the exception of those flash ko's, it should only be flash knock downs not knock outs

Not sure if you guys are on Xbox or PS3, but if Xbox we are trying to start a league for this.

Could use more players and ideas. PM me if interested.

Dudley
02-09-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm on PS3

crillz
02-10-2011, 03:03 AM
Not sure if you guys are on Xbox or PS3, but if Xbox we are trying to start a league for this.

Could use more players and ideas. PM me if interested.

I play on PS3, do y'all have one for us? I been a Sony fan since the release of PS1 back in 1995 so Xbox for me is out of the question, I got one but the disc tray can barely open due to such inactivity and dust pile up inside the console

Rockin'
02-10-2011, 03:16 AM
I love these Fight Nights. I cant really play any more because my left hand is messed up but I must say that Fight Night is the closest thing to the rythme of the fight that I have seen. Do they allow you to step forward as you parry a punch and counter yet, that was the only thing not balls on in that game.........Rockin'

Alex_Hayden
02-13-2011, 12:34 AM
THE BEST BOXING GAME EVER MADE, HANDS DOWN. This **** is soo much fun it's ridiculous. I've finally got a chance to play for a while and figure the game out to the point and I'm stopping Paq with like once for every 2 fights and putting him on the canvas frequently with Cotto.

Strat for Cotto: Body work in 2's. LHook, Rhook, to the body or vice versa. It's super effective because Manny is always diving in on me from the outside. As the fights progress I'll mix in jabs, straight rights, uppercuts, and hooks to the head, or body, after those first 2 body punches land.

Insta-stun Combo: Straight right hand to the body and I turn a power punch modified left hook to the head. This combo is a instant stun combo once to twice a fight, and I've gotten insta-knock outs with it when it starts off as a counter.

All in all for Cotto I rarely punch for more than 3 punch combo's and I like to fight like how the fighter fights in real life, so with Cotto I'm always doing more body work. As Paq's health gets weaker he can't block as effectively and thats when I'll throw for 4's and sometimes 5. That goes with every one I'd assume.

Now when I use Paq I just OBLITERATE Cotto LMAO. Straight massacre.

Strat for Manny: lol Jabs followed with power punch modified straight left. Lead/counter power modified right hooks.

Manny's upper body movement is so quick that you can pretty much mix in anything you want, I like his straight jabx2 power straight left combo the best because that's what he does in all his fights. It just feels authentic when I put a beat down on Cotto with that lol

Haven't used Tyson or Ali enough, but I liked Tyson more. Ali's jab and jabs in general are hard to throw for me cause I always accidentally throw hooks instead.

Dudley
02-14-2011, 05:01 PM
I was playing with one of the 3D artist who worked on the game... I compaired it to FN4 also gamplay wise and style wise... FNC is unparalleled in it's experience. It's THE BEST BOXING GAME ON THE PLANET! It's too much fun!

The dynamics of fighting in the pocket, slipping shots landing 5-6 punch combinations are siiiiiiiiiick!

getting rocked and coming back is awesome too.

but watch out for guys who use pac and switch to orthodox... your in a world full of trouble. all they use is his left and it's a fast one at that... he's too beast... I've been rocked too many times using Cotto, and i know pac is better but when he switches ortho... it's like he goes to impossible when used welll. left hook is the punch of doom!

you just have to drop back and slow the fight down allot.

**** i can't wait fer march 4th!

THE REED™
02-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Can you guys explain the differences in gameplay between FNR4 and FNC

Dudley
02-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Can you guys explain the differences in gameplay between FNR4 and FNC

the difference is there is more appropriate inside fighting in FNC FN4 looks very stiff and mechanical. You also get stuck in FN4 too many times when you want to be outside boxing. FNC allows you to get back inside with stepping into your shots if you want to cut the distance but in 4 it's your stuck or your not.

The ring movement is allot better in FN4, throwing combos is much smoother in FNC. the overall look of FNC is amazing comparing them side by side...there is no comparison.

FNC is a deeper more thought out overall game. and you can actually instill a style or way of playing much more the FN4. it's more tactile a better flow to the fight. and overall allot deeper with pathes of unexpected events threw out. I've had to come off the canvas a few times to pull out a fight... i like that!

And when you land a perfect shot and you see your opponent fold...no better feeling!

THE REED™
02-14-2011, 05:35 PM
the difference is there is more appropriate inside fighting in FNC FN4 looks very stiff and mechanical. You also get stuck in FN4 too many times when you want to be outside boxing. FNC allows you to get back inside with stepping into your shots if you want to cut the distance but in 4 it's your stuck or your not.

The ring movement is allot better in FN4, throwing combos is much smoother in FNC. the overall look of FNC is amazing comparing them side by side...there is no comparison.

FNC is a deeper more thought out overall game. and you can actually instill a style or way of playing much more the FN4. it's more tactile a better flow to the fight. and overall allot deeper with pathes of unexpected events threw out. I've had to come off the canvas a few times to pull out a fight... i like that!

And when you land a perfect shot and you see your opponent fold...no better feeling!

Damn, that sounds great.... Thanks for the indepth explanation.

BigStereotype
02-14-2011, 05:37 PM
I like to use Pacquiao's quick feet to my advantage. Lunging straight, quick body-head combo, quick-step out. If you do it right, you're too fast to respond to.

Dudley
02-14-2011, 07:00 PM
I like to use Pacquiao's quick feet to my advantage. Lunging straight, quick body-head combo, quick-step out. If you do it right, you're too fast to respond to.

ha! watch out for those side steppers ;)

BigStereotype
02-14-2011, 08:23 PM
ha! watch out for those side steppers ;)

Which is why sometimes I feint in with a quick step forward instead of the lunging straight.

Naps
02-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Pm me if anyone fancies a game on xbox live. I'll put points on it as well I you want.

Dudley
02-15-2011, 01:05 PM
any other tips hints tricks strategies!??! i love this game, i just wish pac wasn't such a beast i think his defence should be allot lower if he's that powerful.

i'm on the EA boards and they say that there are glitches within the blocking counter shots... i've seen it too but now it seems to be confirmed... what kinda sucks a bit...

DIB42
02-15-2011, 04:46 PM
There seems to be some glitch/exploit about just jabbing to the body repeatably. I've done it with mixed success (to try it out, i don't like to cheese, but i wanted to see if it was real or just bad players not defending properly)

My limited findings are

1) it works if dude doesn't just get out of the way and let you blow your stamina then come in and attack you.
2) the glitchy part is you can throw a ton of these and as long as you're connecting somewhat, it'll barely effect your stamina but will destroy your opponents.
3) its easy to defend against, let them wear themselves out missing you, then come in, throw a combo and get out, rinse and repeat, or counter.
4) once you're stuck in it, its kind of hard to get away from without eating a few more shots.
5) shouldn't be a problem in a full game, as long as the stamina wears down a little quicker, they should be gassed in 5 rounds as long as you're making them miss.

Exploit? Kind of, it should take more stamina from you than it does. 100jabs a round is going to take some off of you, not saying you should be gassed by round 2 or 3, but you're only down 6% of your overall. And the judges seem to love this strategy because of your workrate/connections.
its defendable, and defendable using a boxing strategy, so i don't think major modifications are necessary. Its kind of the same if you actually fought a dude that'd just throw 100 jabs to the body per round, you'd stay out of his way and attack in spots.

The perfect block counter is annoying to me, mostly because people just stand there waiting to land it. I don't know if there is any way around it, other than just moving in and out, throwing lunging straights to the body.

Dudley
02-15-2011, 05:39 PM
There seems to be some glitch/exploit about just jabbing to the body repeatably. I've done it with mixed success (to try it out, i don't like to cheese, but i wanted to see if it was real or just bad players not defending properly)

My limited findings are

1) it works if dude doesn't just get out of the way and let you blow your stamina then come in and attack you.
2) the glitchy part is you can throw a ton of these and as long as you're connecting somewhat, it'll barely effect your stamina but will destroy your opponents.
3) its easy to defend against, let them wear themselves out missing you, then come in, throw a combo and get out, rinse and repeat, or counter.
4) once you're stuck in it, its kind of hard to get away from without eating a few more shots.
5) shouldn't be a problem in a full game, as long as the stamina wears down a little quicker, they should be gassed in 5 rounds as long as you're making them miss.

Exploit? Kind of, it should take more stamina from you than it does. 100jabs a round is going to take some off of you, not saying you should be gassed by round 2 or 3, but you're only down 6% of your overall. And the judges seem to love this strategy because of your workrate/connections.
its defendable, and defendable using a boxing strategy, so i don't think major modifications are necessary. Its kind of the same if you actually fought a dude that'd just throw 100 jabs to the body per round, you'd stay out of his way and attack in spots.

The perfect block counter is annoying to me, mostly because people just stand there waiting to land it. I don't know if there is any way around it, other than just moving in and out, throwing lunging straights to the body.

jabs are good but i find they are only used sparingly... i was playing one of the artists on the game and he blew my head off when i was jabbing allot. he weaved under it and landed a solid hook or uppercut multiple times I had to think of a new strategy... I backed off so i could box a lil bit and then into my combos that landed. I almost used my jab like a feint at one point :/

Hi-Dro
02-16-2011, 10:33 PM
anybody in the ps3 hit me up with your name on my profile

im undefeated.

I've knocked out everybody be4 they even thought of throwing a punch. That's how good I am

Dudley
02-16-2011, 11:12 PM
anybody in the ps3 hit me up with your name on my profile

im undefeated.

I've knocked out everybody be4 they even thought of throwing a punch. That's how good I am

bring it the fuc.k on broski! PM me yer psn.

THE REED™
02-16-2011, 11:55 PM
30 mins from being downloaded, cant wait to try it out..

Dudley
02-17-2011, 12:05 AM

honestly take your time with it . stratagize and then execute. iwas alway getting owed by pac w/ cotto NOW pac drops my paper off in the morning before he goes to school. :)

DIB42
02-17-2011, 01:23 AM
let us know what you think reed.

Dudley
02-17-2011, 06:13 PM

SOooooooooooooooooooooo?!?!?!? whadaya think?

THE REED™
02-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Game is bad ass...

Punches seem to have a lot more snap and a lot more effect.

Combination punching is 100000000X better.

You can really reel off like 3-4-5-6 punch combos with Pac...

Definitely a much improved game... cant wait to see how Roy is...

I heard they made Roy the young middleweight Roy... hopefully he has the same speed and combo punching of Pac... in FNR4 he was terrible.

Dudley
02-17-2011, 06:51 PM

Game is bad ass...

Punches seem to have a lot more snap and a lot more effect.

Combination punching is 100000000X better.

You can really reel off like 3-4-5-6 punch combos with Pac...

Definitely a much improved game... cant wait to see how Roy is...

I heard they made Roy the young middleweight Roy... hopefully he has the same speed and combo punching of Pac... in FNR4 he was terrible.

haha yes another satisfied customer!!! :) what's your psn ? PM me.

THE REED™
02-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Ree***yaluss

Clegg
02-17-2011, 10:09 PM
I like to throw two punches at a time, moving in and out.

Come in with a jab to the body followed by a straight right. You may get caught with a bunch coming in but in most instances you'll land 2 punches to your opponent's 1, resulting in a points win. You can mix it up with a leaping right hook followed by a left hook.

I also try to fight like James Toney did in the previous games. Hold down block, power and lean a lot, then when your opponent misses, counter with a power punch. Doing this I won on points a few times despite being outlanded, because all of my punches were powerful whereas some of the opponent's were jabs.

This is against the AI though, I haven't tried online yet.

BigStereotype
02-20-2011, 02:26 AM
Yeah...who can't wait to use the Flash?