View Full Version : After playing Fight Night Champion demo

The Heatles
01-29-2011, 01:07 AM
all i can say is wow, this game is the game of year, without a doubt in mind. Its that good...... With how successful round 4 was worldwide Ea increased EA canada budges to make FNC, Ea canada is where fnc was made. Well they must have increased the budget a hole freakin alot cause i am seeing the effects of it in this demo as u all will in 3 days. If i had to guess Ea's Budget must have went from 2,000,000 to 10,000,000. Thats just how much money they must have made from Fight night round which sold over 2.5 miliion copies world world wide. Do the math, 2.5 X 60$ = 150 million dollars! so from the success of fnr4 brings us to the level of the fight night series. Ur eyes will be amazed when u play this game.

The game is simply amazing, the graphics are amazing, looks like a payperview fight. Its the real thing. Pacquiao is crazy good in the game and extremely fast. Cotto throws Crazy hard body punches and has the yankees trunks he wore against foreman on. The sound effects are are insane, makes u think u are in war the punches are so loud when they land.

sleazyfellow
01-29-2011, 11:53 AM
You from EA or something? Cause you are hyping this **** like they pay you to do it. OMG crazy speed yo from Manny, and dose boday shots from cotto get dem ribs bruised. Seriously, you get paid?

Gojira
01-29-2011, 11:56 AM
:lol1: GOTY my arse.

The Heatles
01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
You from EA or something? Cause you are hyping this **** like they pay you to do it. OMG crazy speed yo from Manny, and dose boday shots from cotto get dem ribs bruised. Seriously, you get paid?

lol no, i just am a fan of the game. i wish i had a job wit ea, as matter of fact im an unemployed bum.

- v e t -
01-29-2011, 07:29 PM
has the demo dropped yet?

im going to give it a go when it does.... highly disappointed in FN4 though

:nonono:

those cunts need the "in the ring" mode again like they had on FN3 on PS3

Grand Champ
01-29-2011, 07:32 PM
lol with a username and a avatar like that I can't take you too seriously.

FightNightChamp says: Fight night is the best game ever

lol, what a surprise.

I prefer the arcade style FN3 myself..

Prime 407
01-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Download the x360 demo here:

http://www.multiupload.com/99YEE9OGNO
http://www.multiupload.com/0AVHF0HDFU
http://www.multiupload.com/I9B9P1YYJW

Burn to a dvd disc, put it in your x360, go to your games tab and it should be there.

Enjoy!

Links courtesy of the fight night forums http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/4749160.page

ИATAS
01-30-2011, 12:00 AM
what about for ps3?

-Huey-
01-30-2011, 01:02 AM
Yeah what about PS3 users? I have a buddy from EA but he hasn't answered my emails yet, he is gonna give me a FNC demo this week. If I can play it right now I would be hapy though.

BigStereotype
01-30-2011, 03:06 AM
Don't give a **** if this guy's a lobbyist, I'm taking this at face value. FIGHT NIGHT FOR GAME OF THE YEAR!

Undefeated
01-30-2011, 05:50 AM
When does the demo come out officially?

BigStereotype
01-30-2011, 12:22 PM
When does the demo come out officially?

Wednesday.

The Heatles
01-30-2011, 05:24 PM
the demos come out tuesday i think but if you to ea forums at http://www.ea.com/ on the fight night forums they are giving out codes and accounts that u can legally download the demo early. U have to register and sign up and get on a waiting list.

iceman1
01-30-2011, 06:09 PM
i aint going to lie, this demo is ace, and i'm sure the game will kick a**

Erik K
01-30-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm glad havent heard to many complaints about demo. I worry a little about to many punches , not enough stamina effect. Also to much blood and to many one punch KO's.

These are all things that can be tweaked with updates so hopefully they will listen to our feedback on demo.

I just hate in round 4 when you destroy a guys body early and he still can throw 90 punches around in round 9.

1 question are there signature punches in champion? Like with 'A" button and to body/head? Or have they removed those?

dj Ramos
01-30-2011, 10:58 PM
i hope they release fighter packs with like 4 or 5 guys which u can use online regardless if the other player has the pack or not. it sucked on last fight night i got de la hoya and couldnt use him cause the other player dont have the pack.

Erik K
02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Bump for DJ Cute.

Erik K
02-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I absolutely hate it so far. But I hated round 4 at first until I learned it. I'm like 2-12 online so far.

Still everyone throwing 275 to 375 punches a fight in 3 rounds. My last fight we where both Ali stats still on screen it went 2 & 1/2 rounds he threw 312 I threw 232.

Seems like everyone I ask with headset is using buttons. Buttons may be better because I'm just getting destroyed every fight. I'm gonna try the buttons and other configurations for bumpers.

Also everyone seems to just cover up and wait for you to punch so they can land the stronger counters. Since you dont have to aim your blocks, kinda hard to pick an opening. Its just an auto block now.

dj Ramos
02-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Bump for DJ Cute.

Thanks?
:lol1:

Clegg
02-01-2011, 06:17 PM
I played it just now and I like it more than I liked the FNR4 demo.

I think the footwork may take some getting used to. It seems as if the camera angle changes when you/your opponent is in a corner which feels a bit awkward, but maybe it'll feel more natural after a few more fights.

I don't like that the fights are three rounds. Only 2 fighters is understandable, but 3 rounds isn't really enough to see factors like 12 round stamina/wearing people down, and it leads to volume punching wars as the poster above mentioned.

Also in one fight I was Tyson and got flash K'dTFO by an Ali jab. There was no instant replay or anything so I didn't get a chance to rewatch it and see how the hell that was possible.

CiganoBoxer
02-01-2011, 07:08 PM
So is the footwork better or not ?? i hope the footwork ent the same as FNR4 where the boxers were magnetically glued together and followed each other around :(

Erik K
02-01-2011, 08:37 PM
So is the footwork better or not ?? i hope the footwork ent the same as FNR4 where the boxers were magnetically glued together and followed each other around :(

A little better but thats the least of the problems.

Erik K
02-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Just had a guy throw 466 punches and beat me. 466 punches ina 3 round fight. What a disgrace. Good sign to turn off the demo.

You think I could cover up and after the 14th punch in the combo he would be exhausted and ripe for the pickings. Not a chance.

Clegg
02-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Hard to judge the footwork fully as the ring in the demo seems pretty small.

Bastian Loc
02-01-2011, 08:50 PM
The demo is a piece of ****.

Llke a bunch of retards put it together.

Ether
02-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Sorry most of you hate the demo, i had no problem with FN4 controls. On this I knocked out Cotto with a punch in the 2nd. The ref didn't even bother counting. I don't know.. I like it. lol.

kristin kreuk
02-01-2011, 10:13 PM
I played it just now and I like it more than I liked the FNR4 demo.

I think the footwork may take some getting used to. It seems as if the camera angle changes when you/your opponent is in a corner which feels a bit awkward, but maybe it'll feel more natural after a few more fights.

I don't like that the fights are three rounds. Only 2 fighters is understandable, but 3 rounds isn't really enough to see factors like 12 round stamina/wearing people down, and it leads to volume punching wars as the poster above mentioned.

Also in one fight I was Tyson and got flash K'dTFO by an Ali jab. There was no instant replay or anything so I didn't get a chance to rewatch it and see how the hell that was possible.

i just played it and i really liked it... MUCH better than Round 4, which sucked IMO

the faces look pretty good too and the gameplay feels much better

bringing back the buttons is a nice option.. better to have than not

but they still didnt bring back the "in the ring" mode that was on Round 3 on PS3....... that was the illest!

Mersey
02-02-2011, 03:05 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'm not sure how much I like it so far. I feel like I have less control over the boxer for some reason.

Rick Grimes
02-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Just had a guy throw 466 punches and beat me. 466 punches ina 3 round fight. What a disgrace. Good sign to turn off the demo.

You think I could cover up and after the 14th punch in the combo he would be exhausted and ripe for the pickings. Not a chance.

They will be easy pickings if they do that on the full game.

CiganoBoxer
02-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Anybody know when the demo is out on the PS3 ?

DIB42
02-02-2011, 10:24 AM
They will be easy pickings if they do that on the full game.

Good point, in fairness someone could throw 466 punches in the first 3 rounds and show only a little fatigue (they probably have custom demo settings too, to arcade it up to the max)

but in a 12 rounder? you'll KTFO the dude in about round 6 or 7

Cafe
02-02-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't understand a f'ing word yall are saying lord knows what you guys are talking about lol last guy said its better than FN4 that's a start mofo's!!

kristin kreuk
02-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Anybody know when the demo is out on the PS3 ?

yessir

YESTERDAY!

Erik K
02-02-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm shocked that some like this more than round 4.

Also shocked that like 10 people have said good to have the buttons back. There where buttons in round 4!

kristin kreuk
02-02-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm shocked that some like this more than round 4.

Also shocked that like 10 people have said good to have the buttons back. There where buttons in round 4!

not at launch... and it was only days after launch i quit playing 4

it ****in sucked

i went back to 3 when 4 dropped, i also picked up UFC undisputed 09 at the time....

EA **** the bed with FN4

BigStereotype
02-02-2011, 11:36 AM
I love this one so far. It just feels a lot more like boxing with the increased speed and you can feel every connect (even if they're still not actually doing much...). I'm starting to get defense down, it seems to be a lot more based on movement than static Winky-style defense this time around. But I'll take this over 4 (and I loved 4) just based on how much better it looks. The animations are perfect and the graphics are crazy. And you can actually throw pretty fluid combinations.

triggerhapppy
02-02-2011, 12:00 PM
I phooking love this game.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IfHuc28K2jA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

MidnightSpecial
02-02-2011, 12:26 PM
this **** on PS3 yet?

not liking what im hearing

CiganoBoxer
02-02-2011, 12:30 PM
yessir

YESTERDAY!found it :)

Bastian Loc
02-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'm not sure how much I like it so far. I feel like I have less control over the boxer for some reason.

ur not the only one. the blockin system is all ****ed up and the punches are way too fast.

Erik K
02-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I love this one so far. It just feels a lot more like boxing with the increased speed and you can feel every connect (even if they're still not actually doing much...). I'm starting to get defense down, it seems to be a lot more based on movement than static Winky-style defense this time around. But I'll take this over 4 (and I loved 4) just based on how much better it looks. The animations are perfect and the graphics are crazy. And you can actually throw pretty fluid combinations.

Defense seems simplified , 1 button blocks all.

Who cares about graphics if the game play sucks.

I hope I come around and end up liking the game but right now its is the worst fight night ever.

sleazyfellow
02-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Defense seems simplified , 1 button blocks all.

Who cares about graphics if the game play sucks.

I hope I come around and end up liking the game but right now its is the worst fight night ever.

Yep I feel the same way, the sound of punches connecting is way exaggerated. The gameplay is nothing special, the only notable diffrences are the the camera angles and theres an actual ref in the ring this time.

Dont rush out and buy this, it'll be like fn round4 and be 20 dollars before the year is out.

Terrel
02-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Finally got the demo and im actually impressed. Its'd definately better than FNR4, thats for sure. Improvements in movement, speed... though the camera angles can be alil distracting sometimes.

Punch combinations is a whole new thing for me, my first boxing experience with the Fight Night franchise was FNR4 so i've got used to using the stick. These combo's, styles of gameplay are certainly something that will take time to grow.

Im still having probs with blocking and letting off combo's that I want as im sticking with the sticks as I cannot get used to the buttons.

Stamina needs to be worked on as my opponents so far (CPU) are throwing around 300 punches after 3 rounds and lets be honest not all the boxers can do that. It would be brilliant if every movement of each boxer was captured but I can see that happening in the future.

Overall, a definate step forward, though some getting used too is required.

So far I have not played online with friends as non of them have an intrest in boxing games. I've played 2 matches with the CPU. Anyone on the PS3 wanting to play the demo online with me is ofcourse, welcomed.

PSN: K19HNS

*2TOUGH*
02-02-2011, 04:50 PM
u know this game is gonna get spammed on harddddd!! just played the demo on the xb360 and the idea is crazyyyy i loved the story, but the game play just suckssss you end up throwing 1000 punches in 3 rounds... how silly..

DIB42
02-02-2011, 05:00 PM
I think before we all panic about throwing 400 punches in the fight, we need to remember that its a 3 round demo. It wouldn't be impossible for a fighter to throw 130 punches a round for 3 rounds, could they sustain that for 12 rounds, not likely. So until we really get to see the stamina system in play, we can't assume its going to be spamfest 2011

ILLuminato
02-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Gameplay is the best ever on Fight Night....it reminds me of Victorious boxers just wiht realistic fighters and their styles..that really feels like you're playing iwth Ali

Left2body
02-03-2011, 02:48 AM
I think most stick users don't like the feel of the current configurations. I haven't played to much with the controller config's but I would like to see a configuration totally dedicated to the sticks. As it stands now I only see dual stick and button config.

TheHolyCross
02-03-2011, 05:21 AM
the game is great, the first fight night im gonna cop, im impressed

CiganoBoxer
02-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Played it last night guys and i think its a huge improvement on the previous game ..the footwork is now sorted so you can fight on the back foot and i love the way you can now punch behind the guard ...i will be getting it ! :)

Rick Grimes
02-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Played it last night guys and i think its a huge improvement on the previous game ..the footwork is now sorted so you can fight on the back foot and i love the way you can now punch behind the guard ...i will be getting it ! :)

Yep but now its too easy to fight on the back foot, Tyson can't get close to Ali without dropping the guard and eating combos coming in. I don't like how you've got to crouch like you're taking a **** before you can throw a body punch.

Erik K
02-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Maybe alot of non boxing/video game fans downloaded the first day that usually don't play fight night. That combined with the 3 round distance may be contributing to the 375 punch arcade games i keep getting.
I did try it again yesterday and had one or two decent fights. But the controls are still very odd along with alot of the other problems.
I hate to say it but maybe they should delay it if it would give them time to fix his stuff.

TheHolyCross
02-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Maybe alot of non boxing/video game fans downloaded the first day that usually don't play fight night. That combined with the 3 round distance may be contributing to the 375 punch arcade games i keep getting.
I did try it again yesterday and had one or two decent fights. But the controls are still very odd along with alot of the other problems.
I hate to say it but maybe they should delay it if it would give them time to fix his stuff.

if you dont like it dont get it, simple as

and it seems to me you complaining about just getting outworked and losing is due to you sucking, if you had any sense you'd flick the left analog(quickly taking a step back) and throwing a straight right counter or just weave and counter you'd be suprised how easily you'd be sweeping the rounds, even despite being outworked, the counters are, like in reality, flashy, point scoring punches

and most of the guys going at that workrate by the 3rd have a tiny ass stamina meter, if you can hold out in the actual game you'll surely knock'em out later on in the fight

it's a great game

Cassius Liston
02-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Its a really hard game.. I noticed how it works now though... With Tyson and Cotto you have to risk a bit more.. if you want to get inside you have to hit that body..
I went Ali and got ripped to the body alot and Alis footspeed got reduced to limping but still able to throw punches fast.. this is very realistic.. I'm in love

Cassius Liston
02-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Calzaghe fought these guys after Eubank from 1997 until 2005
Branko Sobot,Juan Carlos Gimenez Ferreyra,Robin Reid ,Rick Thornberry,David Starie,Omar Sheika,Richie Woodhall,Mario Veit,Will McIntyre,Charles Brewer,Miguel Angel Jimenez,Tocker Pudwill,Byron Mitchell,Mger Mkrtchyan,Kabary Salem,Mario Veit,Evans Ashira

I'm so impressed at his well thought up ducking tactics

Cassius Liston
02-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Calzaghe fought these guys after Eubank from 1997 until 2005
Branko Sobot,Juan Carlos Gimenez Ferreyra,Robin Reid ,Rick Thornberry,David Starie,Omar Sheika,Richie Woodhall,Mario Veit,Will McIntyre,Charles Brewer,Miguel Angel Jimenez,Tocker Pudwill,Byron Mitchell,Mger Mkrtchyan,Kabary Salem,Mario Veit,Evans Ashira

I'm so impressed at his well thought up ducking tactics

wrong thread

stickandmove12
02-03-2011, 01:07 PM

Truth. Stamina is killing this game. People just keep throwing and their stamina never seems to go down.

Erik K
02-03-2011, 01:23 PM
if you dont like it dont get it, simple as

and it seems to me you complaining about just getting outworked and losing is due to you sucking, if you had any sense you'd flick the left analog(quickly taking a step back) and throwing a straight right counter or just weave and counter you'd be suprised how easily you'd be sweeping the rounds, even despite being outworked, the counters are, like in reality, flashy, point scoring punches

and most of the guys going at that workrate by the 3rd have a tiny ass stamina meter, if you can hold out in the actual game you'll surely knock'em out later on in the fight

it's a great game

Well this was a thread to discuss the demo right? Not if I don't like dont get it. The Ea forum is full of people ripping the game to shreds so its not just me being a sore loser or what ever your implying.
I have had every fight night and am at least average over at the game so its not like Im new to the series and am complaining about loosing.
Its a demo I don't care if I win , I want to get comfortable with controls and learn the game. See the improvements.

I may end up loving the game but right now the demo/game needs a lot of work.

Like I said maybe in the real game the stamina will take effect and this wont happen, probably should be like a 6 round demo or something to show showcase the stamina and damage a bit more.
I would also like to see if the guard weakens over a 10 rounder.

The problem with me sucking and not being able to flick the stick or what ever you said is that the controls are no as easy to use. To counter and land a power shot I have to hold both triggers and RB while moving both sticks. Just seems like there would be an easier control scheme.

It also seems a little hard to move in and out compared to last years.

Mersey
02-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Just played online for the first time, I'm falling in love with it :lol1:

Erik K
02-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Just played online for the first time, I'm falling in love with it :lol1:

Im starting to like it to. I got much better matchups today. Probably alot of kids etc trying it the first day it came out.

I played you 3 times today and they where decent fights. Still a little to many punches being thrown but in 6 or 8 rounds we wouldnt be doing that.
Good games today.

Brockton Lip
02-04-2011, 02:13 AM
Just got the demo too and I'm loving it. Its better quality and appearance over FN4 and the countering/haymakers are better. Also enjoying the 1 punch KO's. Its possibly the best Fight Night so far.

Check_hooks
02-04-2011, 02:35 AM
It seems alittle to easy to knock people out. I've been knocking people out easily in 3 rounds and I dont throw that many power punches. Hopefully they will fix this.

Hi-Dro
02-04-2011, 04:28 AM
I'm starting to get into the game.

I've been fuking everybody up.

I don't get why a lot of you complain about foos being able to throw a lot of punches. Shi.t I want people to throw a lot of punches, so that I can counter their as.s and knock them out. The more they throw the more openings I get.If that's bothersome for you then you need to learn more about boxing. I suggest watching JMM fights.

Lol lately i've been trying to emalute his style in the game, and I get a lot of success.

back to the game though....
At first I thought it was complete sh.it, but I thought the same thing about FNR4 and until I got this demo FNR4 was the only game I played. There's a lot new stuff in the game that I like, but I hate the controls.

I guess I got used to FNR4 controls and simply moving the stick to punch, which makes the controls in this game complete sh,it to me.

One thing that I hate about it is that it's hard to fight on the outside. As soon as you step within a certain range the fighters are sucked into each other via a magnetic field.

It's more annoying than the one in FNR4 because....
**** i'm to high to finish this post

Erik K
02-04-2011, 10:22 AM
It seems alittle to easy to knock people out. I've been knocking people out easily in 3 rounds and I dont throw that many power punches. Hopefully they will fix this.

Hopefully this is turned down in 10 round fights.
I joined their developers Q & A about online play yesterday and they said they are researching the demo and feedback. And if need be they can adjust this.

They also claimed that hey your playing with Tyson and Pacquiao , which my response was how many times was Ali one punch KO'd in his career. It should happen , but more so to weaker fighters or weaker chin fighters.

Erik K
02-04-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm starting to get into the game.

I've been fuking everybody up.

I don't get why a lot of you complain about foos being able to throw a lot of punches. Shi.t I want people to throw a lot of punches, so that I can counter their as.s and knock them out. The more they throw the more openings I get.If that's bothersome for you then you need to learn more about boxing. I suggest watching JMM fights.

Lol lately i've been trying to emalute his style in the game, and I get a lot of success.

But its not all about beating these guys , its about enjoying the game and being able to play a somewhat realistic boxing match.

Counters being over powered are another concern , alot of players seem to just sit there covered up waiting to counter. Could make for some boring online games.

Im sure these things will work themselves out or get updated just my opinions.

crazyboy867
02-04-2011, 12:45 PM
http://ll.assets.ea.com/nawp/na/u/f/GPO/easports/fightnight/round4/images/X360FSPC520.jpg

the punching system is poor. how are you suppose to know when to throw a left straight, left flared straight or left hook when the angles to throw each punchis so close together.

same with the left hookCUT and left uppercut. it looks like you have to push the stick in the exact same direction for both punches.

ИATAS
02-04-2011, 02:14 PM
http://ll.assets.ea.com/nawp/na/u/f/GPO/easports/fightnight/round4/images/X360FSPC520.jpg

the punching system is poor. how are you suppose to know when to throw a left straight, left flared straight or left hook when the angles to throw each punchis so close together.

same with the left hook and left uppercut. it looks like you have to push the stick in the exact same direction for both punches.

yeah this is one of my main concerns as well. I think they should get rid of the flared straight. Or make that a modified punch or something. it's just too fine of a line between those three punches (straight, flared straight and overhand). The hook shouldn't be a problem since it's a straight to the left or right motion, that shouldn't be easily confused with any other punch. It's the top three punches that are just too close.

DIB42
02-04-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't like the controller config, i thought i would, i never really cared for TPC i used it, and in FNR4 i got good with it and gave up buttons all together, but this new one is just too finicky, half the time i'm throwing overhands and flared when i'm trying to throw a jab or straight. And For FUCS SAKE, get rid of the counter window and the overpowered counters. I played online, and just held block, powermodifier and side stepped everyone and hooked. BOOM HEADSHOT! 3-0 all kos.

when trying to fight normal, i'm 3-9. But i suck at the controls. So in theory anyone not good at the game will spam counter modified hook and win somewhat consistantly.

counter power needs to be decreased, granted you can martinez a pwill out with a counter, but you don't see floyd knocking every dude out with his counters.

Rick Grimes
02-05-2011, 05:28 AM
You guys seen the stats? They've made Ali well overpowered his right hook is more powerful than Tyson's. :lol1:

ILLuminato
02-05-2011, 09:16 AM
I've knocked a lot of guys out so far with both Tyson and Ali. I think it's cuz there's a lot of noobs.

There would've been a high chance of Ali getting KO'ed if he stood and traded with Tyson and didn't move, which is what a lot of guys do. If you try to avoid Tyson's power online in the demo, you'll notice you will rarely even get hurt.

Mersey
02-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Just got stunned with a body shot, took all my stamina and it took ages to refil. Nice! Realistic.

TheHolyCross
02-05-2011, 09:44 AM
You guys seen the stats? They've made Ali well overpowered his right hook is more powerful than Tyson's. :lol1:

i really hate ali in this game, he has an iron chin, huge stamina and his power is also huge, it's gay, he's gay boy :nonono:

TheHolyCross
02-05-2011, 09:46 AM

same with the left hookCUT and left uppercut. it looks like you have to push the stick in the exact same direction for both punches.

would you not just mix it up with the buttons?

instead of having the creators adjust to you, you should learn to adjust to the game, square/triangle to jab, x/o to hook, and right analog for uppercuts and the overhand

simple right?

Hi-Dro
02-05-2011, 10:01 AM
i really hate ali in this game, he has an iron chin, huge stamina and his power is also huge, it's gay, he's gay boy :nonono:

I don't get why everybody is complaining about that.

I've knocked out Ali plenty of times with Tyson.

TheHolyCross
02-05-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't get why everybody is complaining about that.

I've knocked out Ali plenty of times with Tyson.

so have i, but it takes alot
have i mentioned his power also?

anyway, has anyone been ko'd by a rabbit punch? or ko'd by a whiff? or knocked out by an elbow?

it's a biatch

Erik K
02-05-2011, 10:51 AM
so have i, but it takes alot
have i mentioned his power also?

anyway, has anyone been ko'd by a rabbit punch? or ko'd by a whiff? or knocked out by an elbow?

it's a biatch

Yeah I was one punch KO'd by a rabbit punch.

Also lost a decision where I landed more and a higher percentage all 3 rounds. Atlas was calling out the judges on their bad scores.

Terrel
02-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Im finding it alil weird right now on the Xbox. In the habit of pressing the block button like its the PS3 controller and end up pushing punch modifier, then I get hit wit a bomb and i remember lol

Whats the least punches anyone has thrown here in a 3 round fight?

I just threw 176 and the CPU threw 326.

Im a "pick my shots kind of guy but in this game the work rates just killing me.

TaurusJ27
02-05-2011, 11:59 AM
I hear that the haymakers are gone which makes sense. The only one that was realistic was tyson since that was how ended most of his fights.

Mersey
02-05-2011, 01:49 PM
I've just had my first quitter. It's good to see the fight still counts and you can see the score cards and punch stats even if they quit.

Great improvement!

Terrel
02-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I've just had my first quitter. It's good to see the fight still counts and you can see the score cards and punch stats even if they quit.

Great improvement!

Dude, add me... I need some improvement tips lol

Mersey
02-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Dude, add me... I need some improvement tips lol

**** I forgot I've got off the xbox again :lol1: I should be back on soon I'll add you this time.

I'm pretty bad at the game at the moment.

Mersey
02-05-2011, 02:01 PM
I love the jab. Using it to close the distance and get inside, it's perfect.

-Lowkey-
02-05-2011, 03:48 PM
What's the deal with the Champion mode? is it like a new career mode? can you play through champion mode with your own custom fighter (the guy in the trailer looks pretty lame).

I downloaded the demo today played as Cotto vs Pac a few times won by U.D couldn't seem to score a K.D. I was fairly impressed but game of the year? no chance then again I'm more of an RPG fan.... I can see ES Skyrim grabbing game of the year.

BrooklynBomber
02-05-2011, 09:09 PM
What's the deal with the Champion mode? is it like a new career mode? can you play through champion mode with your own custom fighter (the guy in the trailer looks pretty lame).

I downloaded the demo today played as Cotto vs Pac a few times won by U.D couldn't seem to score a K.D. I was fairly impressed but game of the year? no chance then again I'm more of an RPG fan.... I can see ES Skyrim grabbing game of the year.

It will be Mass Effect 3

-Hyperion-
02-05-2011, 09:59 PM
It will be Mass Effect 3

Uncharted 3, comes out this year................so no, Mass Effect 3 ain't gonna be GOTY.

THe TRiNiTY
02-05-2011, 11:33 PM
I did like the story mode and the look of the game. However, I don't know about the play. I haven't had the chance to play it yet.

Need to get my hands on the demo before I make a final judgment.

Mersey
02-06-2011, 07:21 AM
You can still do Legacy mode, which is a relief. I'd hate to just play through story mode once then be bored =\

Cassius Liston
02-06-2011, 09:36 AM
You guys are hot

-Lowkey-
02-06-2011, 10:36 AM
It will be Mass Effect 3

Well the first two where sh1t 3rd time lucky?....Oblivion was immense

TRAV1$
02-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Uncharted 3, comes out this year................so no, Mass Effect 3 ain't gonna be GOTY.

Considering Mass Effect 2 beat Uncharted 2 to the major game of the year awards, yeah it probably will be.

Rick Grimes
02-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Considering Mass Effect 2 beat Uncharted 2 to the major game of the year awards, yeah it probably will be.

Uncharted 2 = 2009 (Most GOTY awards ever), Mass Effect 2 = 2010.

-Hyperion-
02-06-2011, 08:27 PM

ummm, no it didnt....uncharted 2 was unanimous GOTY 2009........Mass Effect 2 was GOTY 2010 (and it didnt sweep....Red Dead Redemption got it in some circles)......

LOL at this moron :lol1:

Erik K
02-07-2011, 01:01 PM

Great improvement!

Fights counted last year if they quit.

Erik K
02-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Im finding it alil weird right now on the Xbox. In the habit of pressing the block button like its the PS3 controller and end up pushing punch modifier, then I get hit wit a bomb and i remember lol

Whats the least punches anyone has thrown here in a 3 round fight?

I just threw 176 and the CPU threw 326.

Im a "pick my shots kind of guy but in this game the work rates just killing me.

Against the computer your punches thrown will stay low if you want them to, online is another story. But thats the 3 round demo we will see when the game hits.

Mersey
02-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Fights counted last year if they quit.

Yeah but it's changed this year.

Erik K
02-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah but it's changed this year.

How so? Please explain.

TRAV1$
02-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Uncharted 2 = 2009 (Most GOTY awards ever), Mass Effect 2 = 2010.

Thought Uncharted was out 2010
My mistake.

TRAV1$
02-07-2011, 05:05 PM
ummm, no it didnt....uncharted 2 was unanimous GOTY 2009........Mass Effect 2 was GOTY 2010 (and it didnt sweep....Red Dead Redemption got it in some circles)......

LOL at this moron :lol1:

Why you mad though.

BrooklynBomber
02-07-2011, 09:23 PM

Foo, Foo, uncharted is for kiddies.
Mass Effect is for adults.

-Hyperion-
02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Foo, Foo, uncharted is for kiddies.
Mass Effect is for adults.

:boobies: ...........................

*2TOUGH*
02-08-2011, 08:04 AM
u r all dum azz'z, in 3 rounds ask yourselves how many punches you threw.. spamfest

Barn
02-08-2011, 11:27 AM
u r all dum azz'z, in 3 rounds ask yourselves how many punches you threw.. spamfest

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Anyway, rather like the game. I just block then, counter step in with a combo and back out of range. rinse and repeat.

DIB42
02-08-2011, 12:37 PM
EA Forums just posted this

sk88z says "As mentioned previously, the team has added the capability to tweak and modify some game play aspects based on consumer feedback in the full title for both PS3 and XBOX 360 to make the game more authentic. We plan on pushing out these Tuner Sets over the course of the launch period (if necessary) and will communicate out what changes will be made. Please note that these will be very minor changes and may not be noticeable at first.

We are also able to push out a Tuner Set for the demo in the XBOX 360 environment to help test the functionality and after listening to feedback based on your early experiences with the Fight Night Champion Demo, we are putting out a Tuner Set tomorrow (Feb 8th) that will subtly impact the following:

1. Slightly reduce current stamina regeneration rate
2. Slightly increase stamina loss for missed and blocked punches
3. Increase overall punch power: Health loss from each punch

Thanks. "

Mersey
02-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Right, it's a 3 round demo...

Imagine if Pacquiao was in Prizefighter, fighting 3 rounds. How many punches do you think he could throw?

If you throw 300+ punches in 3 rounds in a 12 round fight, your boxer will be so slow by the 5th round.

The stamina doesn't seem to bad.

*2TOUGH*
02-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Right, it's a 3 round demo...

Imagine if Pacquiao was in Prizefighter, fighting 3 rounds. How many punches do you think he could throw?

If you throw 300+ punches in 3 rounds in a 12 round fight, your boxer will be so slow by the 5th round.

The stamina doesn't seem to bad.

Yes but you are assuming that EA factored this into the game. I beg to differ, id like to be proven wrong as its a nice game. I think its safe to say you are assuming that the game will factor in "tired'ness" by round 5, and im assuming the game wont.

:omfg:

Mersey
02-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Yes but you are assuming that EA factored this into the game. I beg to differ, id like to be proven wrong as its a nice game. I think its safe to say you are assuming that the game will factor in "tired'ness" by round 5, and im assuming the game wont.

:omfg:

When I threw over 300 punches, my boxer was sluggish and slow on his feet. I'm assuming that will carry on over the course of the fight.

*2TOUGH*
02-09-2011, 03:03 PM
When I threw over 300 punches, my boxer was sluggish and slow on his feet. I'm assuming that will carry on over the course of the fight.

ok i just played it, and threw shi_t loads of punches and PAC KO'd me... this was in the 1st round... hmmm

Mersey
02-09-2011, 03:42 PM
I think the stamina will work out fine in a proper length fight.

*2TOUGH*
02-09-2011, 03:44 PM
I think the stamina will work out fine in a proper length fight.

If the stamina drops alot by the 5th round that would be good.
People like calzaghe should have 'special' stamina, but then ppl would just use him.. hmmm

Dudley
02-09-2011, 04:54 PM
wow 300+ punches... doesn't make sense to me... i'm usually around 210. do you guys counter punch of use the shoulders modifier?

Now I'm beasting in the computer cotto(me) vs pac(cpu) I've played a bunch but my last 10 fights have all ended by me winning by UD or KO.

This game is gunna separate the players from the gamers...

DIB42
02-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I dont like that they won't have draws online. Some fights are draws, no way around that. I was kickin' dudes butt, but he knocked me down in the third so it gave him the decision. I outpunched him, out countered him, outlanded him, and landed at a higher percentage. robbery. not cool, but realistic i guess.