View Full Version : WorkOut plan, Help.

Burg1606
09-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me what i should do for training, im 6 feet 205 not in shape, im working out with weights but i seen that i should also use the training boxers use to help lose weight and get into shape..and if anyone has ever used Xience before i was thinking about taking the fat blocker pills to help lose weight faster. Tell me what yall think.

random guy
09-04-2005, 02:18 AM
First off Nothing like that really works. think of it this way if it worked everyone and there brother wouldno about it and use it. The workout part is easy go to www.boxinggyms.com find a gym close by join it and ask your trainer what you should do.

Burg1606
09-04-2005, 02:23 AM
well i have a heavybag in my basement and a home gym where i can do my **** i have a cage, but dont have a car to drive to a gym or a job lol, so im going to start working out at my house. but i know the xience pills will help me some what but not a lot and if i dont stick to the diet i would gain my weight back thats how all that pill **** is.

kbpoetree
09-04-2005, 10:42 AM
well i have a heavybag in my basement and a home gym where i can do my **** i have a cage, but dont have a car to drive to a gym or a job lol, so im going to start working out at my house. but i know the xience pills will help me some what but not a lot and if i dont stick to the diet i would gain my weight back thats how all that pill **** is.
hey man, pills help sort of, but u must b doing everything else right, the lifting weights is a good as the more muscle mass u have the more calories you burn sitting still. Ultimatley its in the way u eat, everyone hates that, but it is just the way.. Eat healthier 5 times a day, and do some type of cardio for 20minutes at least like 3 to 4 times a week, u should start seeing results pretty quick the first few weeks, then change something up, such as the workout or cardio routine or time. Once again tho 80 to 90% of reaching a fitness goal is in what u eat.

.Go To Sleep.
09-04-2005, 10:53 AM
You dont need pills. You said you dont have a job- then why waste money on something you dont truly need.

Forget all those diet pills and ****. Just WORK HARD. Dont eat anything fattening- stay away from junk food and bread. Run everyday, do crunches, jump rope, swim... You do this and you'll lose weight in no time.

Burg1606
09-04-2005, 01:42 PM
well i work somtimes at my friends farm, i have about 40 bucks now cause i bought some ****, but i did do the atkins diet and lost 20 pounds but gained back 15, and i still cut the eating habbit. i know the pills wont do much but i think it would help me cut the weight faster. i cant go swim cause at our pool theres lots of lil kids that are always in there and they piss everyone. besides doing bench what other ways can u lose the fat off ur chest. oh yea i need to buy a jump rope too, should i get ones with weights or not???

kbpoetree
09-04-2005, 02:00 PM
well i work somtimes at my friends farm, i have about 40 bucks now cause i bought some ****, but i did do the atkins diet and lost 20 pounds but gained back 15, and i still cut the eating habbit. i know the pills wont do much but i think it would help me cut the weight faster. i cant go swim cause at our pool theres lots of lil kids that are always in there and they piss everyone. besides doing bench what other ways can u lose the fat off ur chest. oh yea i need to buy a jump rope too, should i get ones with weights or not???
Sorry 2inform ya, but u cant spot lose fat, unfortunatly. As far as the Atkins, 4get about it the most worthless program of all, kinda like would u cut gas out of your car,no, just like u shouldnt cut carbs out of your body. I speak of this cause i am a certified trainer and have been working in Gold's Gym for 6years, doesnt mean i know everything, but i do know a bit, and if i dont, guarantee i know someone who does, so just hit me up on the pm for ?'s

.Go To Sleep.
09-04-2005, 02:26 PM

No chest exercises are gonna get rid of the fat on your chest, you gotta burn the fat with cardio. You're just gonna devlop muslce under the fat.

You dont really need weights on the jump rope unless you want to develop your arms. Just go for a regular jump rope, since you want to burn fat.

Burg1606
09-04-2005, 03:17 PM
well how do i get rid of the fat with cardio, what excersises can i do?

kbpoetree
09-04-2005, 03:24 PM
well how do i get rid of the fat with cardio, what excersises can i do?
anything that gets your heart rare up, jumping jacks, jogging, etc. Key is to do cardio for at least 20min like 3times a week to start. U gotta b at your target heart rate tho. to figure this take 220 minus your age, then times it times .8(80%) this is your target rate u want your heart to beat per minute to burn the most calories affectively. ex. my age is 25, 220-25=195x.8=156 I want to keep my heart beating 156 times a minute to get affective fat loss cardio

Burg1606
09-04-2005, 09:03 PM
is weight lifting a big part in losing weight, or could i use the weights but now like a major workout, because u were saying its more cardio to lose the weight?

Burg1606
09-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Welp i got my hand wraps today and weighted jump rope, what sould i do for my workouts?

GreenTea
09-11-2005, 04:15 AM
Itīs all about your mental stuffness. You have to quit all the junk food and get your ass moving. You donīt need any cardio **** and other quimmicks. Eat healthy and perform a lot the usual stuff as walking, jogging, cycling etc etc. Heart rate should be about 120.

Go to some boxing gym if you want to be a boxer. Donīt go there just for loosing weight.

Burg1606
09-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Well im not sure if you know what your talking about, cardio plays a big part in losing weight. yea i know to cut the diet. and jumprope is very good to lose weight, gets your heart rate up, and i like to hit the heavy because its fun and gets your heart rate up also.

Dyl-G
09-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Itīs all about your mental stuffness. You have to quit all the junk food and get your ass moving. You donīt need any cardio **** and other quimmicks. Eat healthy and perform a lot the usual stuff as walking, jogging, cycling etc etc. Heart rate should be about 120.

Go to some boxing gym if you want to be a boxer. Donīt go there just for loosing weight.

thats not true, you need cardio mixed in with your diet, you cant only rely on a diet to lose weight, losing weight is a half and half kind of deal, you need a good diet balanced with good excersise, and boxing is a great way to lose weight, a lot of people at my gym box only to lose weight, so id highly recommend it for losing weight, because its the most intense sport out there.

as for what excersises to do witha jump rope ill recommend you to this page, where i helped someone previously:
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38807&page=1&highlight=jump+rope

make sure your running a lot too thats probably the best way to lose weight, its the best cardio excersise, as you build your stamina start running up hills and mixing in sprints, this will push your heart rate up and raise your metabolism depending on how hard you work. other cardio excersises : bicycling, running, swimming, jumprope, wind sprints.

GreenTea
09-12-2005, 01:52 AM
thats not true, you need cardio mixed in with your diet, you cant only rely on a diet to lose weight, losing weight is a half and half kind of deal, you need a good diet balanced with good excersise, and boxing is a great way to lose weight, a lot of people at my gym box only to lose weight, so id highly recommend it for losing weight, because its the most intense sport out there.

as for what excersises to do witha jump rope ill recommend you to this page, where i helped someone previously:
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38807&page=1&highlight=jump+rope

make sure your running a lot too thats probably the best way to lose weight, its the best cardio excersise, as you build your stamina start running up hills and mixing in sprints, this will push your heart rate up and raise your metabolism depending on how hard you work. other cardio excersises : bicycling, running, swimming, jumprope, wind sprints.

"Hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me what i should do for training, im 6 feet 205 not in shape, im working out with weights but i seen that i should also use the training boxers use to help lose weight and get into shape..and if anyone has ever used Xience before i was thinking about taking the fat blocker pills to help lose weight faster. Tell me what yall think"

Hey, if that guy has problems with fat and tells heīs 6 feet and 205 lbs and not in shape he has to start slowly. He wonīt need no fancy advanced stuff. Thatīs why I told him to start walking, jogging and bicycling. You donīt have to be a professor to get rid of the fat. All you have to do is cut off the junk food and start exersicing. Use your common sense. Itīs simple if you have that mental stuffness what I was talking about.
The boxing training is not the only and not the right way in every case. You can also loose fat by doing all that usual stuff.

It is the whole different story if he wants to be a boxer or start to train boxing because he wants to do so. But if heīs only goal is to loose fat and get in the shape, it is not necessary to start boxing tarining. As I said itīs all about his own attitude, whether he starts boxing or not.

Burg1606
09-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Well like ive said before im using the training boxers use to help me lose weight, im not a beginner at this losing weight or working out, the boxing workout yes i am a beginner at that.

Pugnacious_Z
09-12-2005, 05:32 PM
hey mate, all u need is to do sum cardio at home like runnnin and skippin and a balanced diet and u will lose weight real easy, u dont need to sign up at boxing gym just for dat

antseezee
09-12-2005, 06:14 PM
I agree, some cardio is needed. You don't have to go overboard (unless you want the reaping benefit), but 1.5-3 miles jogging, 5-7 days a week would work nicely. I too have a 4 LB heavy rope, TKO hand wraps, gloves, a heavy bag, and the whole shabang. Continue with the heavy skipping. It's great to do after a heavy bag routine to really feel the legs get the enhancement they need.

Dyl-G
09-12-2005, 07:20 PM
"Hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me what i should do for training, im 6 feet 205 not in shape, im working out with weights but i seen that i should also use the training boxers use to help lose weight and get into shape..and if anyone has ever used Xience before i was thinking about taking the fat blocker pills to help lose weight faster. Tell me what yall think"

Hey, if that guy has problems with fat and tells heīs 6 feet and 205 lbs and not in shape he has to start slowly. He wonīt need no fancy advanced stuff. Thatīs why I told him to start walking, jogging and bicycling. You donīt have to be a professor to get rid of the fat. All you have to do is cut off the junk food and start exersicing. Use your common sense. Itīs simple if you have that mental stuffness what I was talking about.
The boxing training is not the only and not the right way in every case. You can also loose fat by doing all that usual stuff.

It is the whole different story if he wants to be a boxer or start to train boxing because he wants to do so. But if heīs only goal is to loose fat and get in the shape, it is not necessary to start boxing tarining. As I said itīs all about his own attitude, whether he starts boxing or not.

i know its not necessary, but if hes leaning towards boxing to get in shape and has the money to do it, then im saying he should, i see a lot of people come in my gym out of shape and through the course of 3 months or so of boxing they look like a new person, im not sure what they are doing at home, but im sure its a good diet and they probably train a little at home too but its probably the best way to lose weight, thats why a lot of celebritys have personal trainers for boxing in order to stay in shape a relieve stress.

lowkey77
09-13-2005, 12:45 AM
ok man.....here is the secret to losing weight.....and it is great and it works. Ok? are you ready? here it is:

Burn more calories than you intake!

I know! it is insane!
start by running EVERY day. not around the block! I am taking 3-5 miles a day, and when that feels easy, DOUBLE IT! then do it faster. ok, maybe 3-4 times a week should do it.
then do the "+1" method for situps and pushups.
(as many as you can, plus one more)
I'll bet you, that if you do that for 3 months, you will see results. 90 measly days.
better yet. Take a pic of yourself before you start, in your shorts, then a pic 90 days later!

Burg1606
09-13-2005, 04:34 PM
yea thats what i was thinking about doing at school today since my classes are so damn boring, i cut my eating only oatmeal for breakfast, bj&j for lunch and not 2 sure yet for dinner. im jumproping for 15 min, and hitting the bag for 30, and i can only run 2 miles right now lol i have asthma so its kinda hard then my knees hurt really bad but i can deal with pain, thanks for the info

tebe6sm
09-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Also do interval training a few times a week. It revs your metabolism and burns extra calories throughout the day.

Burg1606
09-14-2005, 04:46 PM
What is interval training?

tebe6sm
09-14-2005, 08:53 PM
one of my interval sessions goes like this:
warm up stretching and 10 minute light jog
8-12 rounds of 20 sec near sprint then 40 sec jog
as condition improves you can do more of a 30:30 ratio
cool down jog and stretching

you can also do intervals with jump rope, treadmill, and all those other machines. It's basically repeating high intensity followed by lighter work over and over.

booyah_76
09-15-2005, 01:18 AM
u shouldn't have to push thru knee pain when running. Try running on a softer surface i.e. grass, rather than road