View Full Version : Double End Bag. What You Think?

EXIGE
09-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Double End Bag (http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=3801&productId=148168&clickfrom=image)
Check the link. Its the double end bag that im considering getting.

Can someone tell me precisely what it does? How boxers have used it in the past? What drills to do with it? If it would be beneficial?

I know a little about them and what they can help you build up, but i need someone to give me a little more descriptive account of it. Do people make use of these in their gym also??

Peace.

Scottie2Hottie
09-02-2005, 08:37 PM
i understand that its good cuz it kinda fights back a little, i was hittin one the other day at a sporting goods store and if you dont hit it perfectly it bounces at a weird angle, so its good for your timing and reflexes. if you hit it right, i think it works kinda like a speed bag.

kmac
09-02-2005, 09:04 PM
The bag will help your sharpness, it moves unlike the heavy bag which is an easy target.

The bag will also force you to move

EXIGE
09-02-2005, 10:00 PM
The bag will help your sharpness, it moves unlike the heavy bag which is an easy target.

The bag will also force you to move
Ok thanks for the responses you 2.

Im definetly gonna get one, even if people on the forum say its not that good, because it only takes a small amount of room up and like you said, it improves reflexes and such. Plus it is cheap and will go nicely in my room! :D

Cheers people.

What do others think?

boxer2k5
09-02-2005, 11:19 PM
i use it botu twice a week for like 3 rounds
its cool it takes time
its for advance fighters

lowkey77
09-03-2005, 01:34 AM
I am 1-6 against one of those. i usually win the first round, but then it just wears me down.
If you are new to training, i would not suggest starting with this bag.

boxer2k5
09-03-2005, 02:49 AM
I am 1-6 against one of those. i usually win the first round, but then it just wears me down.
If you are new to training, i would not suggest starting with this bag.

ur just going to get discourged

its for advance fighters only

Lol999
09-03-2005, 05:13 AM
I bought one, and it's a ****ing nightmare! hence, it sits in my wardrobe most of the time.

Lol

EXIGE
09-03-2005, 06:56 AM
I am good at hitting the double end bag, but i suppose you could regard me as a new fighter to the sport, with only about 4-5 months experience.

Still i am going to get one. I use it at my club, and i find that it helps me a lot.

BLOODSHED
09-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Double end bags are good. Help tone my forearms and biceps.

EXIGE
09-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Double end bags are good. Help tone my forearms and biceps.
A double end bag helped you tone???

You must be thinking of a heavy bag...

random guy
09-04-2005, 01:15 AM
I use the bouble end bag in two ways. I use it to bob and weave and roll and come back with punches and to work on reflexes

EXIGE
09-04-2005, 08:05 AM
I use the bouble end bag in two ways. I use it to bob and weave and roll and come back with punches and to work on reflexes
So you would hit and move for one exercise.

And you would hit it once really hard then just dodge out of the way of it for like a minute or whatever?

Is that what you mean???

kbpoetree
09-04-2005, 08:32 AM
yep, good for reaction, plus hand to eye coordination, speed, pretty good tool.

EXIGE
09-04-2005, 08:33 AM
yep, good for reaction, plus hand to eye coordination, speed, pretty good tool.
Yeah, i thought so too. Especially for the price it is.

Are you aware of any sort of drills for it? I know a couple but they arent like "certified" ones, if that makes sense....

kbpoetree
09-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Yeah, i thought so too. Especially for the price it is.

Are you aware of any sort of drills for it? I know a couple but they arent like "certified" ones, if that makes sense....
Not technicly, i alwayz say if its workin 4u, dont change it. Just because a workout has become a "norm" doesnt mean there isnt another way to do it. Matter fact if you dont change it up, your body gets used to the workout and therefore results slow down untill their are no more gains. When it comes to working out and nutrition, i kinda know my stuff their do 2the 6years of gym experience, but i'm not claiming to know it all, just do my best.

EXIGE
09-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Not technicly, i alwayz say if its workin 4u, dont change it. Just because a workout has become a "norm" doesnt mean there isnt another way to do it. Matter fact if you dont change it up, your body gets used to the workout and therefore results slow down untill their are no more gains. When it comes to working out and nutrition, i kinda know my stuff their do 2the 6years of gym experience, but i'm not claiming to know it all, just do my best.
Ok man thanks. Ill definetly take that advice when i get it.