View Full Version : what should i do?

big e
09-02-2005, 05:17 PM
i just started boxing last week an was doin good but yesterday i ****ed up my hand somehow. musta threw somthin wrong. But my thumb an wrist hurt. is this common? should i go back 2 the gym 2morow or should i rest it? any advice would help. thnx.

Sweat
09-02-2005, 05:52 PM
i just started boxing last week an was doin good but yesterday i ****ed up my hand somehow. musta threw somthin wrong. But my thumb an wrist hurt. is this common? should i go back 2 the gym 2morow or should i rest it? any advice would help. thnx.

get your ass back to the gym tomorrow but do light training with your injured hand ;)

lowkey77
09-03-2005, 01:32 AM
if the pain is towards the thumb, you probably jammed it on the heavy bag.If the pain is behind your hand, you may have bruised the metacarpels. That is bad. Either way, give your hand a day off, LET YOUR HAND HEAL! it is not worth messing up your hands permanently. in the mean-time build up cardio.

big e
09-03-2005, 09:54 AM
the pain is towards where the thumb connects 2 the wrist. is that bad?

.Go To Sleep.
09-03-2005, 10:03 AM
My advice would be to take it easy on bagwork/sparring/focus mitts and do a lot of roadwork until it heals.

Inf3rn0
09-03-2005, 12:42 PM
i personaly would rest it but go to the gym/club but just ask you trainer if you can do something else other than heavy bag etc, eg, cardio or some groundwork that doesnt use hands.

This is fairly normal- to punch incorrectly or just injure a hand when you are new, i dine this one or twice when i was new to the sport but after practice and knowing how to punch correctly everytime this is not become am issue.

GreenTea
09-04-2005, 11:58 AM
I wonder if you have a ****-up coach ? You should first learn how to throw the punches befor any kind of bagworking. You said that you started boxing last week, I think itīs time for you train only shadowboxing or easily mitt work.
And in your situation you can do at least shadowboxing, but do it in the future on the different gym.

PerfectPunch
09-04-2005, 12:40 PM

i think it is common for people new to the sport to hurt their hand/wrist and this is probably because u twisted or bruised it somehow due to using the wrong technique. in fact when i started whenever i threw an uppercut my wrist hurted, i had no problem with the other punches. now im doing well and i would advise you to let your hand heal so dont use the heavy bag, just do some shadowboxing,light speedbag work,skipping and running.

rocco1252
09-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Take a week off unless it seriously injured then go back full bore, it's extremely common for new fighters to hurt their knuckles, wrists, fingers and so on after a few days or weeks of fighting you just have to let it heal if it's really bad. I sprained my wrist and broke my thumb both in my first week had to take 2 weeks off and wrist was still hurting when i went back

big e
09-04-2005, 09:58 PM
ya i only been doin it bout a week and half. doin good tho. it sux ass cuz on tuesday is when i go back and they said they want me 2 start sparrin. I really want 2 an i wish this **** would go away. Its no better than it was tho. U think i should spar? :confused:

GreenTea
09-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Only you self can give this an answer.

What means a word "sparring" in your gym for a beginner who has trained a week and a half ? I mean what kind of sparring ?