No announcement yet.

Shogun Working Wrestling Game In Prep For Rashad Evans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shogun Working Wrestling Game In Prep For Rashad Evans

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in back in training for his return to the UFC and his first title defense against former Champion Rashad Evans and talks to Tatame.com about his preparation for the bout and his desire to work on his wrestling for the bout:

"Rashad’s a very tough guy, he’s a good wrestler and boxer, actually he is a guy I consider complete and I believe he’ll try to use his boxing skills on my or will try to take me down and use his ground and pound, so I’m training much Wrestling and Muay Thai, he’s tough and I have to train all modalities. I’m very cool because all I’ve ever done in my life was fighting, it’s my job and my only obligation is to give my best, I do what I love, which is to train and fight and I never think about winning, I think I’ll give my whole best."
    http://www.mmanews.com/news/89099
    Shogun Rua
    86.67%
    Rashad Evans
    13.33%

I wonder who he's training with. On a somewhat related note I was reading yesterday that GSP is training with Roger Gracie in order to prepare for Jake Sheilds.

Comment

how can gsp train with roger gracie his bjj isnt close to his and rogers way bigger, roger should be too strong too skilled on the ground and should be able to tap gsp anytime he wants

Comment

Originally posted by bunce101 View Post
        how can gsp train with roger gracie his bjj isnt close to his and rogers way bigger, roger should be too strong too skilled on the ground and should be able to tap gsp anytime he wants
        I would think that Roger's technique and ability are the reason GSP is training with him. Fighters train with people who are better than them all the time.

CroCop received BJJ training from Werdum, and the gap between them is/was probably greater than the gap between GSP and Roger.
        Last edited by Clegg; 01-11-2011, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          I would think that Roger's technique and ability are the reason GSP is training with him. Fighters train with people who are better than them all the time.

CroCop received BJJ training from Werdum, and the gap between them is/was probably greater than the gap between GSP and Roger.
          Didnt GSP have Roger Gracie in his team for the Koscheck fight?

Comment

Shogun has always been a slick grappler. Hope he can use it to tool Evans

Comment

Comment

I believe what 'bunce101' was trying to verbalise, before his untimely banishment, is that Hoger is MUCH larger than Georges St. Pierre. Floyd Mayweather Junior would not acquire Mike Tyson's services as a training partner. At least it wouldn't be prudent.

E

Comment

Working...
                X