Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do some fighters really take this stuff???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do some fighters really take this stuff???

I was talking to this one boxer at this gym around my area and he was talking about how one of his friends makes weight. His friend fights at 140 (I can't remember how tall he was supposed to be, might've been 5'10 or 5'11). But he says that his friend goes through a dry period where he doesn't drink much liquid and then takes something that makes him urinate alot (he called what he uses something else, I dunno the actually name of it). But I asked some other people I know and they said it was just water pills. So, I thought, wait a minute, don't women take that stuff when they go through what they go through? Do male boxers really take this stuff?

s

I have heard of something like that. I know some people who do competetive rowing and they take it. It starts with a D I think but its not very healthy it dehydrates you really badly. And by the way its banned just like roids.

Comment

Okay, I think it's diuretic, is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankJack
        Okay, I think it's diuretic, is that right?
        Yep that's the one. That **** could ruin your kidneys and end your carrer or life, but it does depelte water from your body. Mostly bodybuilers use it to make they're muscles appear sharper and more vascular, but it has it's use in other sports too. Water weight could be the difference between jr welterweight and jr middleweight.

Comment

Dang, that stuff can kill you?????????

Comment

Working...
          X