View Full Version : Andrew Golota in Poland?

Atwa_66
12-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Andrew Golota is from Poland, but how celebrated is he in that country? Is he like a big name in Poland or what? Anyone from Poland here, fill me in :)

Atwa_66
12-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Nobody? hmm

SacTown1
12-15-2004, 03:05 PM
All of my friends who have family in Poland say that he's basically been dis-owned ever since he took the needle before the Lewis fight, and that the Tyson debacle ended all doubts concerning his world-wide reputation as a knuckle-head.

kraizie
12-22-2004, 12:34 AM
he basically ran away after the 2nd round with tyson lol

julDilla
12-22-2004, 12:38 AM
he basically ran away after the 2nd round with tyson lol
lmfao he ran like a ***** :D

Nautilus
12-22-2004, 01:20 AM
lmfao he ran like a ***** :D

Golota broke his hand and Tyson was on dope, trying to literally kill Golota

Antonik
12-25-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm polish..and yeah Golota is still popular, but not as an idol( maybe if his intro was the polish anthem instead of crappy eminem songs, or he was more active in poland)...Its just nice to have a polish dude fight for a belt you know :)

MGG
12-25-2004, 06:16 PM
Did'nt Golota get into trouble with the law years ago, an assault on someone ?

Atwa_66
12-25-2004, 06:22 PM
I read on a forum, that some guy met him in Chicago outside of Wrigley field in a bar, and Golota bumped into him and the guys beer bottle nailed him in the teeth, he said fu*k you to Golota, and Golota muttered something in Polish, and the guy supposebly poured his beer on Golota and Golota went after him but the bar broke it up. The guys like yeah Golotas lucky, what was the guy going to do in all seriousness? Golota would wrip a regular guy apart.

And Mike Tyson was on drugs, he couldn't feel anything, what was Golota to do? Take a beating from a guy on drugs, it was a lose-lose situation for Golota. Oh and about his entrance theme, why in gods name would he want the Poland National Anthem? I know he's Polish, But Loose Yourself is a more motivational song than an anthem

Antonik
12-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Because rap sucks and Eminem hates polish people?

ejk22
12-28-2004, 02:09 PM
I am not Polish but I do know about Golota's history somewhat. I know he was arrested for impersonating a police officer. Also a poster said earlier on this thread about Golota taking the needle before the Lewis fight. From what I understand it was not steroids it was a muscle relaxer that the Dr. mistakenly shot in his artery and ****ed Golota up for that fight. Afterwards Golota asked Lewis for a rematch and Lewis basically brushed him off calling him a misfit in the heavyweight division.

Atwa_66
01-17-2005, 10:04 PM
I am not Polish but I do know about Golota's history somewhat. I know he was arrested for impersonating a police officer. Also a poster said earlier on this thread about Golota taking the needle before the Lewis fight. From what I understand it was not steroids it was a muscle relaxer that the Dr. mistakenly shot in his artery and ****ed Golota up for that fight. Afterwards Golota asked Lewis for a rematch and Lewis basically brushed him off calling him a misfit in the heavyweight division.
I'd like to see Golota fight Lewis again if he ever came back.
That would be pretty cool, Vitali kicks his ass and Golota does too

jabsRstiff
01-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Golota was WANTED in Poland, years back, on a charge that stemmed from an altercation in a bar/restarant.
He got into it with another guy.....beat the dude silly in a bathroom, & stole the guy's clothes.
This is what I heard.

On another note....WTF are you guys talking about with Tyson being on drugs ?
All I remember hearing was that there was marijuana in his system. Can you idiots tell me how marijuana would make you a better fighter ?

Tyson couldn't feel Golota's punches that night because Golota was throwing his shots like a frightened fairy....THAT'S ALL !

Atwa_66
01-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Golota was WANTED in Poland, years back, on a charge that stemmed from an altercation in a bar/restarant.
He got into it with another guy.....beat the dude silly in a bathroom, & stole the guy's clothes.
This is what I heard.

On another note....WTF are you guys talking about with Tyson being on drugs ?
All I remember hearing was that there was marijuana in his system. Can you idiots tell me how marijuana would make you a better fighter ?

Tyson couldn't feel Golota's punches that night because Golota was throwing his shots like a frightened fairy....THAT'S ALL !
Tyson himself is insane and trying to kill you
Add Marijuana to the mox and see what you get?
Tyson is insane, Golota did all he could do with a broken jaw and hand, run away..

jabsRstiff
01-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Tyson himself is insane and trying to kill you
Add Marijuana to the mox and see what you get?
Tyson is insane, Golota did all he could do with a broken jaw and hand, run away..

Since when did being insane & high make someone an effective boxer ?

Actually, a smoked-up whacko should be easy pickings for a professional fighter.....but Golota is SOFT.

LuKahnLi
01-18-2005, 12:40 PM
The only person I can think of who is good at fighting high is Emanuel Augustus.

Smoking pot should be MANDATORY for someone of Tyson's demeanor.

ejk22
01-18-2005, 02:19 PM
What bugged me about Golota's fight with Tyson was that Golota was unprepared and out of shape for the fight. Golota actually had a decent second round and if he could have stayed away from Tyson through the 3rd round Tyson would have tired from throwing all those wild shots and Golota could have taken him apart. Either Golota was scared of Tyson or just mentally and physically out of it.

Anjew
01-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi everybody. My first post here.
1. Andrzej had some problems in the past connected with a fight in a bar. He beat the **** out of a guy (he took his clothes just to embarass the guy, not to steal, besides the other one torn apart his new shirt ;) during the brawl) and had to escape from Poland in order not to get imprisoned.
2. It's true about the injection just before the Lewis fight. It's not that I'm trying to justify the early KO, but it helped Lewis, I'm sure.
3. The fact is he lost some respect in Poland after the Tyson fight. I agree he did well in the second round and could have caused Mike a lot of trouble later on. Golota said after the fight that he was injured and he was furious that the ref isn't reacting to Tyson's fauls and that his coach wasn't doing anything to protect him. He felt it was like 'go there Andrew, die, but the show must go on'... He decided to quit. You know Andrzej, he used to be mentally unbalanced at times ;)...
4. Now again people rather praise Golota in Poland. He showed good boxing vs Byrd (12 rounds - first time in his career), no serious fauls, no quitting, no strange behaviour. He was back... We then thought he would send Ruiz to another dimension easily. 2nd round seemed to prove this, but then we all know he couldn't finish the job and started to fight worse and worse towards the finish. I still think he won it or worst it was a draw, but... Anyway, people were a bit disappointed, but now everybody says 'C'mon it's just Brewster, he must get the belt finally...' That's what I believe too. If he can't beat Lamon, he should retire and he probably will, unless he gets another ;) title fight opportunity (Vitalij? (!!!) Rematch with Ruiz or Byrd? We'll see and we must remember that Golota is now probably the best ticket seller in HW's...

Atwa_66
01-23-2005, 12:49 AM
Hi everybody. My first post here.
1. Andrzej had some problems in the past connected with a fight in a bar. He beat the **** out of a guy (he took his clothes just to embarass the guy, not to steal, besides the other one torn apart his new shirt ;) during the brawl) and had to escape from Poland in order not to get imprisoned.
2. It's true about the injection just before the Lewis fight. It's not that I'm trying to justify the early KO, but it helped Lewis, I'm sure.
3. The fact is he lost some respect in Poland after the Tyson fight. I agree he did well in the second round and could have caused Mike a lot of trouble later on. Golota said after the fight that he was injured and he was furious that the ref isn't reacting to Tyson's fauls and that his coach wasn't doing anything to protect him. He felt it was like 'go there Andrew, die, but the show must go on'... He decided to quit. You know Andrzej, he used to be mentally unbalanced at times ;)...
4. Now again people rather praise Golota in Poland. He showed good boxing vs Byrd (12 rounds - first time in his career), no serious fauls, no quitting, no strange behaviour. He was back... We then thought he would send Ruiz to another dimension easily. 2nd round seemed to prove this, but then we all know he couldn't finish the job and started to fight worse and worse towards the finish. I still think he won it or worst it was a draw, but... Anyway, people were a bit disappointed, but now everybody says 'C'mon it's just Brewster, he must get the belt finally...' That's what I believe too. If he can't beat Lamon, he should retire and he probably will, unless he gets another ;) title fight opportunity (Vitalij? (!!!) Rematch with Ruiz or Byrd? We'll see and we must remember that Golota is now probably the best ticket seller in HW's...
Another Golota fan, I'm no longer the only one
Glad to have you aboard, March 12th is going to be incredible eh?

Atwa_66
01-23-2005, 12:50 AM
If he can't beat Lamon, he should retire
Nooo, I don't think so, Golota hasn't shown signs of age yet like some fighters *cough cough Holyfield cough cough* He has another 2 or 3 years left I think

Hunna
01-23-2005, 04:25 AM
Andrew Golota is from Poland, but how celebrated is he in that country? Is he like a big name in Poland or what? Anyone from Poland here, fill me in :)

despite what people say, i wouldnt want to mess with Andrew!

Anjew
01-24-2005, 04:51 AM
Atwa, yes I'm really waiting for 12th March... We'll see how hungry for the title Andrzej is...
Hunna, messing with Golota is not a good idea (as a young guy he was a very bad mofo, sth like Polish Tyson). I met him once in 2002 in Lodz, my city, he was a guest on a pro boxing event. When you stand face to face, he seems huge and bad ;) . He's not 'a nice guy', but no problem to get an autograph or to chat a little bit (when in good mood)... ;)

ejk22
01-24-2005, 06:45 PM
I hope he beats Brewster by knockout. Then no judge or referee can take it away from Andrew. I have a question to the new guy on here. Why did Andrew quit against Michael Grant? He was ahead on all three judges scorecards even after the knock down he suffered. Heading into the round when he was knocked down the judges had the fight 86-81, 87-80, 85-83. If he did not quit and came out for the 11th round the scoring most likely would have been 94-91, 95-90, 93-93 which tells you that all Andrew had to do was box in the next two rounds and attempt to stay away from Grant and he would have won on at least two judges scorecards. That's the type of stuff Andrew has done to his career that drives his fans including myself crazy.

Palma
01-24-2005, 07:09 PM
despite what people say, i wouldnt want to mess with Andrew!

I read an article from a magazine called New Warsaw Express that he was not likely to be visiting his country soon cause of some police charges that were filed against him while he was spending time in Krakow. Apparently, he had pulled a "Tyson" while he was getting out of a taxi and beat up a few people who were bothering him for an autograph. You can check out the story on www.nwe.com.pl

The Fix
01-24-2005, 08:12 PM
if anything weed makes you more calm and relaxed. it is not a performance enhancing drug and it could have helped golota because who likes to fight when they are high? you just want to relax and play video games and eat chips or watch cartoons, well thats what i do :o

Anjew
01-25-2005, 04:22 AM
ejk22: Nobody knows why he quit vs Grant. He said he thought Grant was ahead on cards, but that was ridiculous. I don't know, really. As you said it was enough to stand there and avoid Grant's punches for 2 more rounds and he would still win...
Palma: he had a fight with a drunk guy in front of a hotel in Sopot, Poland. The guy made Andrzej angry because he was getting out of the taxi too long time and the cab was blocking the way for his limo to get to the entrance... ;)

Kid Achilles
01-28-2005, 06:21 PM
I've read claims that Andrew Golota was involved in unlicensed pitfighting before he went pro. Do you think there's any truth to them?

Atwa_66
01-28-2005, 10:06 PM
I've read claims that Andrew Golota was involved in unlicensed pitfighting before he went pro. Do you think there's any truth to them?
I really don't know any information behind it, Could be though

Anjew
01-31-2005, 03:59 AM
I know nothing about this.

Anjew
02-02-2005, 04:56 AM
The WBO title match vs Lamon Brewster moved to 16th April, Memphis.

ejk22
02-02-2005, 01:34 PM
If things go as what's being planned by Don King, I see this scenario developing.

Brewster vs Golota WBO - Golota wins

Vitali vs Rahman WBC - Vitali wins

Byrd vs Wlad IBF - Wlad wins

Ruiz vs Toney WBA - Ruiz wins
------------------------------------------

Golota vs Wlad WBO, IBF - Golota wins

Vitali vs Ruiz WBC, WBA - Vitali wins
-------------------------------------------

Golota vs Vitali for unification

Anjew
02-03-2005, 05:35 AM
If things go as what's being planned by Don King, I see this scenario developing.

Brewster vs Golota WBO - Golota wins

Vitali vs Rahman WBC - Vitali wins

Byrd vs Wlad IBF - Wlad wins

Ruiz vs Toney WBA - Ruiz wins
------------------------------------------

Golota vs Wlad WBO, IBF - Golota wins

Vitali vs Ruiz WBC, WBA - Vitali wins
-------------------------------------------

Golota vs Vitali for unification

That's the scenario I would love to come true!

ejk22
02-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Brewster-Golota in Chicago!
Look like the United Center in Chicago has edged out the FedEx Forum in Memphis to land the April 16 card featuring WBO heavyweight champion Lamon Brewster and Andrew Golota. According to the Chicago Tribune, representatives of United Center will fly to St. Louis on Saturday to finalize the deal. Promoter Don King is quoted by the paper as saying "The United Center is made in heaven for this fight." It was also reported that the undercard will feature Paul Briggs vs Tomasz Adamek for the vacant WBC light heavyweight title and heavyweight contender Fres Oquendo vs TBA.

Atwa_66
02-07-2005, 04:53 PM
That's the scenario I would love to come true!
I agree with you, how awesome would this be?

ejk22
02-09-2005, 02:57 PM
I can't believe this ****!!

Brewster-Golota delayed!
WBO heavyweight champion Lamon Brewster's defense against Andrew Golota has been pushed back again. Originally slated for March 12, then April 16, the bout will now take place on May 21 at the United Center in Chicago. In addition to Brewster-Golota, the card will feature a fight for the vacant WBC light heavyweight title (given up by Antonio Tarver) between Paul Briggs and Thomasz Adamek, plus an undercard bout featuring Frez Oquendo.
Wednesday, February 9 2005

Anjew
02-09-2005, 05:10 PM
WTF??? 21 May!??? This is unbelieveable!

Atwa_66
02-14-2005, 12:19 PM
yeah, I made a thread about it in non stop boxing, take a look

Atwa_66
02-14-2005, 12:19 PM
More time for Golota to train, he's going to kill this bum

delaboxeo
02-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Any word on exactly WHY this has been moved back...again?

Atwa_66
02-16-2005, 08:09 PM
It Originally got moved back Because the Garden was being used for March Madness, But it then got moved back once it was at the United Center in Chicago so I don't know, If I get any word on it i'll let you know, good things are worth waiting for anyways

delaboxeo
02-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Jeez -- what's the deal w/ sports these days -- no NHL, fights being moved all the time. There's just no sort of regularity these days.

Atwa_66
02-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Jeez -- what's the deal w/ sports these days -- no NHL, fights being moved all the time. There's just no sort of regularity these days.
I agree, the sports world is going insane!

Pugnacious_Z
02-19-2005, 02:11 AM
man i hate golota, he has no skill wat so ever, and hes stiff as a stick

Anjew
02-21-2005, 06:49 AM
Man, you can say that you hate Golota for your reasons, but saying he has no skills is nonsense. If you don't agree, ask any boxing coach you know. He is a bit stiff, though, but that goes to most of white fighters.

Slipx
02-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Golota broke his hand and Tyson was on dope, trying to literally kill Golota

eat a dick

weed hardly qualifies as 'dope'

you sound like my dad

Slipx
02-21-2005, 04:11 PM

yet another post from you that lacks intelligence,

probably his greatest skill is he can pivot on his back foot and pop the jab very well while circling, it isn't something he does alot though

his jab is heavily underestimated

his chin is trash

he gets good leverage when he punches though

and he'd punk you and 10 of your friends if you tried to crowd him

so show him respect

Atwa_66
02-21-2005, 10:06 PM
yet another post from you that lacks intelligence,

probably his greatest skill is he can pivot on his back foot and pop the jab very well while circling, it isn't something he does alot though

his jab is heavily underestimated

his chin is trash

he gets good leverage when he punches though

and he'd punk you and 10 of your friends if you tried to crowd him

so show him respect
Damn, I'm really starting to like you Slipx
You heard the man, show Golota respect
You are right, Golota is a wild man

Anjew
02-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Good post Slipx, though I wouldn't say his chin is less than average. Lewis KO is the only one he really suffered. The kd's he had vs Grant and Tyson are not a sign of trash chin (both power punchers), imo. The one that Bowe gave him in their 2nd fight was after clear fouls (repeated punches to the back of the head). I don't remember any more kd's against Andrzej.

Atwa_66
02-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Do you even watch boxing, or know who Golota is?

ejk22
02-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Calling him chinless is the dumbest ****ing comment I have heard today. The only reason he was ****ed up by Lewis was because of that ****ing joke of a DR. who shot him up in the artery instead of the muscle tissue. He was on cloud nine entering the ring and leaving. He passed out three times due to this **** up by the DR. The three other times he was knocked down was by Grant, Tyson, Bowe and each time he got up right away. If you are going to question Golota you question his psychological makeup not his skills or chin.

Atwa_66
02-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Calling him chinless is the dumbest ****ing comment I have heard today. The only reason he was ****ed up by Lewis was because of that ****ing joke of a DR. who shot him up in the artery instead of the muscle tissue. He was on cloud nine entering the ring and leaving. He passed out three times due to this **** up by the DR. The three other times he was knocked down was by Grant, Tyson, Bowe and each time he got up right away. If you are going to question Golota you question his psychological makeup not his skills or chin.
I agree, well said post you got there, hit the nail on the head

Yousuf5
02-23-2005, 08:10 PM
I agree too