View Full Version : Today the Fight Night Champion Fighters list comes out !!

Cafe
12-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Rumor has it? Just waiting, and look out for it today people, some guy tweeted it comes out on Thursday....

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:01 AM
1. Pacquiao
2. Wright
3. Tyson
4. Liston
5. De La Hoya
6. Chavez
7. Cotto
8. Mosley
9. Lewis
10. Foreman
11. Frazier
12. Haye
13. Ali
14. Hatton
15. Taylor
16. Calzaghe
17. Jones Jr
18. Chambers
19. W Klitschko
20. V Klitschko
21. Pavlik
22. Robinson
23. Hearns
24. Duran
25. Lamotta
26. Butterbean
27. Holyfield
28. Donaire
29. Gamboa

From the screenshots.

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:05 AM
While we're at I can tell you who won't make the cut: (apparantly)

Steve Cunnigham (Unwittingly signed a multi-game deal with 2K Sports)
Gerald Mccellan (His sister, stated she did not want people to recreate what happened to her brother)
Floyd Mayweather (Wanted too much money)
Earnie Shavers
Alfonso Gomez
Emanuel Augustus (Unless EA is reusing his model)
Devon Alexander (Had interest in the game,too late to gin maybe DLC)
Juan Diaz (Same as above)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cafe
12-09-2010, 11:08 AM
While we're at I can tell you who won't make the cut: (apparantly)

Steve Cunnigham (Unwittingly signed a multi-game deal with 2K Sports)
Gerald Mccellan (His sister, stated she did not want people to recreate what happened to her brother)
Floyd Mayweather (Wanted too much money)
Earnie Shavers
Alfonso Gomez
Emanuel Augustus (Unless EA is reusing his model)
Devon Alexander (Had interest in the game,too late to gin maybe DLC)
Juan Diaz (Same as above)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to see those fighters didn't make the cut lol ( except for Mayweather of course), is Juanma in the game? He should have Puerto Rican flag trunks too. Like Gamboa has.

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Glad to see those fighters didn't make the cut lol ( except for Mayweather of course), is Juanma in the game? He should have Puerto Rican flag trunks too. Like Gamboa has.
Not a clue, that's all I know, sorry :(

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Not a clue, that's all I know, sorry :(
Even the ones not mentioned such as:
Hagler
Monzon
Sugar Ray Leonard

Will all be in, pretty much inless something happened all fighters in the last game worthy of a shot this year will be in.

Cafe
12-09-2010, 11:12 AM
1. Pacquiao
2. Wright
3. Tyson
4. Liston
5. De La Hoya
6. Chavez
7. Cotto
8. Mosley
9. Lewis
10. Foreman
11. Frazier
12. Haye
13. Ali
14. Hatton
15. Taylor
16. Calzaghe
17. Jones Jr
18. Chambers
19. W Klitschko
20. V Klitschko
21. Pavlik
22. Robinson
23. Hearns
24. Duran
25. Lamotta
26. Butterbean
27. Holyfield
28. Donaire
29. Gamboa

From the screenshots.
Can I see the Julio Cesar Chavez screen shot?

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Apparantly I just found out.

The names I have are all legit. There's a lot of other boxers that EA has the contact info for, but I'm not allowed to discuss it.

Butterbean told me EA put him in the game for a free console and a free copy of FNC

Holt registered on the forums and EA PM'd asking for photos to put him in.

Berto is close friends with someone at EA Sports

Kevin Kelley stated he signed a contract with EA

Eddie Chambers said EA contacted him and he accepted.

Riddick Bowe has stated he'd be in the game for free

Paul William's manager told someone from this forums (EA) he is in.

Carl Froch has been sporting EA gear lately leading me to believe his inclusion

Fernando Vargas contacted Mike Mahar dunno how that went.

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm sorry this is not mine, this is from the EA forum, I'm going by what they said.

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm sorry this is not mine, this is from the EA forum, I'm going by what they said.
but, I found it :)

http://www.operationsports.com/viewshot.php?id=13244&no=5&outof=16

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:16 AM
but, I found it :)

Muhammad Ali, Vitali Klitschko
http://www.operationsports.com/viewshot.php?id=13299&no=14&outof=16

Joe Frazier, Lennox Lewis
http://www.operationsports.com/viewshot.php?id=13284&no=12&outof=16

Miguel Cotto, Oscar de la Hoya
http://www.operationsports.com/viewshot.php?id=13283&no=11&outof=16

Manny Pacquiao, Winky Wright
http://www.operationsports.com/viewshot.php?id=12499&no=1&outof=16

Shane Mosley
http://www.operationsports.com/viewshot.php?id=13281&no=9&outof=16

Mike Tyson, Sonny Liston
http://www.operationsports.com/viewshot.php?id=13196&no=4&outof=16

Julio Cesar Chavez

Roy Jones, David Haye (Articles says: During the fight we watched between current WBA World Heavyweight Champion David Haye and Roy Jones Junior, the Brit laid out his foe with a gut-ruining blow to the stomach in the opening 60 seconds. BAM!)
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/fight-night-cham...8905090/g-20100720124243272036

Ricky Hatton
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/...ion-20101112043723133_640w.jpg

Arturo Gatti, ?????
http://ps3c.ps3community.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/01-fight.jpg

Joe Calzaghe
Trailer

Cafe
12-09-2010, 11:16 AM

I read their lists, put together by noobs, Gamboa no Juanma, Fernando Vargas no Trinidad, WTF

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I read their lists, put together by noobs, Gamboa no Juanma, Fernando Vargas no Trinidad, WTF
What is the posters or the devs?

Cafe
12-09-2010, 11:19 AM
http://media.operationsports.com/shots/1289005732-media.jpg

http://ps3c.ps3community.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/01-fight.jpg

better faces and blood damage, Iam hyped fr this game I only ask, for Tito Trinidad, Luis Collazo, Miguel Cotto, And Juan Manuel Lopez in game but these roasters are done by noobs. :(

Cafe
12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
What is the posters or the devs?

I dunno, the roaster update thread, all their lists are incompete.

THE REED™
12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
No Bradley, no Berto, no Dirrell, No Ward, no Dawson, no AA, no Pavlik, no Martinez, No Khan, Maiana, JMM?, Katsidis......

Wtf... too much focus on the older fighters that have been in every single game and not enough on the current roster.

Im always a supporter of the game, but they really need to get the fresh fighters in there.

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Apparantly this is the full roster but, I am unsure it's genuine.

1.Augustus, Emanuel
2.Calzaghe, Joe
3.César Chávez, Julio
4.Corrales, Diego
5.Cotto, Miguel
6.Donaire, Nonito
7.Foreman, George
8.Frazier, Joe
9.Gamboa, Yuriorkis
10.Guerreo, Robert
11.Hagler, Marvelous Marvin
12.Hatton, Ricky
13.Hearns, Thomas
14.Jones Jr, Roy
15.LaMotta, Jake
16.Lewis, Lennox
17.Chad Dawson
18.Monzon, Carlos
19.Mora, Sergio
20.Morrison, Tommy
21.Mosley, Shane
22.Ortiz, Victor
23.Pacquiao, Manny
24.Pavlik, Kelly
25.Paz, Vinny
26.Robinson, Sugar Ray
27.Taylor, Jermain
28.Tyson, Mike
29.Whitaker, Pernell
30.Wright, Ronald ***8220;Winky***8221;
31.De La Hoya, Oscar
32.Holyfield, Evander
33.Hopkins, Bernard
34.Klistchko, Vitali
35.Klistchko, Wladimir
36.Liston, Sonny
37.Sugar Ray Leonard
38.Ali, Muhammad
39.Danny Jacobs
40.Erislandy Lara
41.Roberto Duran
42.Cristobal Arreola
43.Tim Bradley
44.Anthony Mundine
45.Billy Dib
46.Fernando Vargas
47.Kevin Kelley
48.Eddie Chambers
49.David Haye
50.Jesse James Leija
51.Peter Manfredo Jr.
52.Butterbean
53.Zab Judah
54.Kendall Holt

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/12/09/fight-night...eSixthAxis&utm_medium=facebook

THE REED™
12-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Wayyyy better list... hope its true.

Cafe
12-09-2010, 11:27 AM
hell no thats not the full list, if they have Lara in it, and not Juanma I'll protest this *****y game !!

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:27 AM
My past list was only the OFFICIALLY confirmed fighters there will than that.

Cafe
12-09-2010, 11:33 AM
My past list was only the OFFICIALLY confirmed fighters there will than that.

that list intentionally left out the Puerto Ricans....LOL I'am being serious here.

Oscar De la Hoya, Fernando Vargas no Trinidad
Gamboa, Roberto no Juanma
and if they put Berto no Collazo.

lol

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:39 AM
that list intentionally left out the Puerto Ricans....LOL I'am being serious here.

Oscar De la Hoya, Fernando Vargas no Trinidad
Gamboa, Roberto no Juanma
and if they put Berto no Collazo.

lol
What? They were the fighters from all screenshots. I am not a Rican hater lmao.

Cafe
12-09-2010, 11:43 AM
What? They were the fighters from all screenshots. I am not a Rican hater lmao.

Honestly I rather have Leonard, Duran, Hearns, Benitez than De La Hoya, Trinidad, Julio Chavez, and Fernando Vargas lol

Barn
12-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Benitez and Gomez would be nice from Puerto Rico.

Cafe
12-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Benitez and Gomez would be nice from Puerto Rico.

Benitez would be raw as hell in a video game, I was watching Hearns-Benitez, and Hearns could barly touch Benitez, if at all. Benitez didnt even throw more than one or two punches up to the fifth round, he was too busy dodging all of Hearns shots, Benitez opened up in the 6th and won every round till the 12th. Didnt finish watching the fight cause its laggy, I was watching and editing for a highlight but too much glitching made it unbareable.

Cafe
12-09-2010, 12:26 PM
This is proof, their is racism against Puerto Rican boxers, not just in a video game, their offically two Cuban boxers in Fight night Champion, and one sorry excuse of a Puerto Rican who didnt win two rounds against Pacman in Fight NighT Champion.

BG_Knocc_Out
12-09-2010, 12:31 PM
What happened to Barrera, Morales, Gatti, and Toney? And no inclusion of any fighter in the super six? It's seriously all old fighters.

Ether
12-09-2010, 12:51 PM
I agree with reed.

Same ass old fighters. No JMM??? Juanma, or berto? you can almost already feel the dlc $ characters coming..... not sure if i want this first day anymore.

Barn
12-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Guys it may not be real. The earlier post was officially confirmed ones so way more could be added.

-Hyperion-
12-09-2010, 01:06 PM
hell no thats not the full list, if they have Lara in it, and not Juanma I'll protest this *****y game !!

will you stfu please?:smashfrea

Cafe
12-09-2010, 01:20 PM
will you stfu please?:smashfrea

I'm finished with my rant.....

dj Ramos
12-09-2010, 01:35 PM
i want JMM, Maidana, Khan, and Martinez

Mersey
12-09-2010, 02:13 PM
David Haye is the UK cover art :lol1:

-Huey-
12-09-2010, 02:21 PM
http://www.gamestooge.com/2010/12/09/fight-night-champion-roster-revealed/

I think its an ok roster, not great. Where the fuk is Barrera, Morales, and Marquez? Hell, The Baby Bull and Juanma Lopez could have been a good addition...

Mersey
12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
I think it's 19 different boxers from last time.

Mersey
12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Billy Dib is back :headbang:

Wtf?

-Huey-
12-09-2010, 02:35 PM
I would trade in Augustus, Guerrero and Mora for JMM.

Cafe
12-09-2010, 03:06 PM
I see what they are doing, they are at the mercy of boxing, Chris Arroela is in the game, only could the boxing gods, force anyone to put that bum in their game. As, I said before no John Ruiz or Fres Oquendo, but Chris Arroela?

Cassius Liston
12-09-2010, 03:06 PM
All i want for Christmas is Roy Jones at middleweight and super middleweight

Barn
12-09-2010, 03:47 PM
David Haye is the UK cover art :lol1:
lol, I'm taking the inside cover out and putting FNR4 in or a Photo from the internet or something. I hate Haye lmao.

Barn
12-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Sugar Ray Robinson at Welterweight please :)

ИATAS
12-09-2010, 03:58 PM
No Bradley, no Berto, no Dirrell, No Ward, no Dawson, no AA, no Pavlik, no Martinez, No Khan, Maiana, JMM?, Katsidis......

Wtf... too much focus on the older fighters that have been in every single game and not enough on the current roster.

Im always a supporter of the game, but they really need to get the fresh fighters in there.

Bradley & Dawson are in the game. But listen to the producers, you can't really blame EA. Plus the good news is there will be up to 100 CAB's with a better CAB system, so we'll be able to download and make our own Ward, Martinez, etc.

Also, I'm sure Khan will be in the game announced later.

Here is EA producer on roster:

It's that time of year again. You win some, you lose some.

I'm not happy about it either. This is what Fight Night and KO Kings has gone through every year and it's never easy. Contracts are signed with fighters for a certain period of time and when they expire, we can't be certain we'll be able to reach another agreement with any of them.

- Some boxers were signed to deals over 3 years ago when things were pretty different, financially-speaking.

- All of the boxers that we lost were contacted, some of them several times by myself personally.

- I'm not kidding when I say this, sometimes we just don't hear back. Even from people we worked with previously.

- I personally had communications with one boxer - and his three different managers - over the course of 6 months.

- Arturo Gatti died under very suspicious circumstances. Sorry that we weren't able to re-do that contract in the wake of that. We would have signed him for an extra 2 years way back if we had known he was going to die.

- Some guys we had to drop because of a lawsuit last year, you might recall.

- Sometimes we have have verbal agreements in place with guys we really want and because of time-pressures we spend thousands of dollars making them. Only to have them make further demands, attempt to renegotiate, or simply fail to send us signed paperwork. So poof! They're off the roster and we just burned that money. I can tell you how much Mike looooooves that.

- Some guys just have unrealistic demands (mayweather).

Now, I know you probably don't care about this. The game doesn't have some of the guys you want, end of story. But like I've been saying for years, its not like boxing is chock-full of stand-up guys accustomed to a strict code of business ethics - nor is it populated by an abundance of athletes with a realistic perception of their brand value and/or mainstream appeal.

NOTE: Some guys are absolutely great. Very professional and very helpful.

All I'm saying is, we try our best and we didn't make the business of professional boxing an absolute clusterf**.

THE REED™
12-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Bradley & Dawson are in the game. But listen to the producers, you can't really blame EA. Plus the good news is there will be up to 100 CAB's with a better CAB system, so we'll be able to download and make our own Ward, Martinez, etc.

I'm not happy about it either. This is what Fight Night and KO Kings has gone through every year and it's never easy. Contracts are signed with fighters for a certain period of time and when they expire, we can't be certain we'll be able to reach another agreement with any of them.

- Some boxers were signed to deals over 3 years ago when things were pretty different, financially-speaking.

- All of the boxers that we lost were contacted, some of them several times by myself personally.

- I'm not kidding when I say this, sometimes we just don't hear back. Even from people we worked with previously.

- I personally had communications with one boxer - and his three different managers - over the course of 6 months.

- Arturo Gatti died under very suspicious circumstances. Sorry that we weren't able to re-do that contract in the wake of that. We would have signed him for an extra 2 years way back if we had known he was going to die.

- Sometimes we have have verbal agreements in place with guys we really want and because of time-pressures we spend thousands of dollars making them. Only to have them make further demands, attempt to renegotiate, or simply fail to send us signed paperwork. So poof! They're off the roster and we just burned that money. I can tell you how much Mike looooooves that.

Now, I know you probably don't care about this. The game doesn't have some of the guys you want, end of story. But like I've been saying for years, its not like boxing is chock-full of stand-up guys accustomed to a strict code of business ethics - nor is it populated by an abundance of athletes with a realistic perception of their brand value and/or mainstream appeal.

All I'm saying is, we try our best and we didn't make the business of professional boxing an absolute clusterf**.

Well.. I know why..

I understand how it works.

It just sucks.

And theres no reason not include some other fighters who wouldnt really have those demands.. like Rigondeaux for example...

ИATAS
12-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Well.. I know why..

I understand how it works.

It just sucks.

And theres no reason not include some other fighters who wouldnt really have those demands.. like Rigondeaux for example...

But they got Erislandy Lara, so you don't think they wanted Rigondeaux? I'm willing to bet they would have preferred Rigo over Lara...

It's not just about unrealistic demands it's about complications with managers, promotional companies, the lawsuit, personal advisers, etc etc etc.

THE REED™
12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
But they got Erislandy Lara, so you don't think they wanted Rigondeaux? I'm willing to bet they would have preferred Rigo over Lara...

It's not just about unrealistic demands it's about complications with managers, promotional companies, the lawsuit, personal advisers, etc etc etc.

Right... would it be fair to say that you don't have the slightest clue about their contact relationship with Rigo?

:kiss:

Mersey
12-09-2010, 04:24 PM
I hope they don't have a 1 man division again like they did with Montiel :lol1:

ИATAS
12-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Right... would it be fair to say that you don't have the slightest clue about their contact relationship with Rigo?

:kiss:

haha, **** you :luvbed:

All I'm saying is I highly doubt that wouldn't want him in the game.

THE REED™
12-09-2010, 04:33 PM
haha, **** you :luvbed:

All I'm saying is I highly doubt that wouldn't want him in the game.

:lol1: I dont know how many fighters they realistically reach out too.

But, you should be far more concerned about your e-profile being more jacked than Margos eye socket :dance:

ИATAS
12-09-2010, 04:45 PM
:lol1: I dont know how many fighters they realistically reach out too.

But, you should be far more concerned about your e-profile being more jacked than Margos eye socket :dance:

hahahaha, my ****s ****ed, son!

On the reals I made a custom Rigo on fight night 4 that I played with all the time, almost unbeatable with.

I think it's dope they got Lara though. And I'm pumped up they re-signed billy dibs. bad ass. Totally gutted about Amin Asikainen being dropped :(

THE REED™
12-09-2010, 04:50 PM
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8518/stopp.jpg

Just answer this.... do they have the cash cow in this game?

ИATAS
12-09-2010, 04:55 PM
I read he wanted the game's name changed to like "Floyd Mayweather's Fight Night" or some crazy stuff like that.

THE REED™
12-09-2010, 05:01 PM

Just answer the question.

dj Ramos
12-09-2010, 06:00 PM
i like barrera and morales:(

Check_hooks
12-09-2010, 06:09 PM

Just answer this.... do they have the cash cow in this game?

Yes. It has been confirmed that Manny Pacquiao is in the game.

ИATAS
12-09-2010, 06:09 PM

Just answer the question.

No :(. The game will flop

MidnightSpecial
12-09-2010, 07:22 PM

1.Augustus, Emanuel
2.Calzaghe, Joe
3.César Chávez, Julio
4.Corrales, Diego
5.Cotto, Miguel
6.Donaire, Nonito
7.Foreman, George
8.Frazier, Joe
9.Gamboa, Yuriorkis
10.Guerreo, Robert
12.Hatton, Ricky
13.Hearns, Thomas
14.Jones Jr, Roy
15.LaMotta, Jake
16.Lewis, Lennox
17.Chad Dawson
18.Monzon, Carlos
19.Mora, Sergio
20.Morrison, Tommy
21.Mosley, Shane
22.Ortiz, Victor
23.Pacquiao, Manny
24.Pavlik, Kelly
25.Paz, Vinny
26.Robinson, Sugar Ray
27.Taylor, Jermain
28.Tyson, Mike
29.Whitaker, Pernell
30.Wright, Ronald “Winky”
31.De La Hoya, Oscar
32.Holyfield, Evander
33.Hopkins, Bernard
34.Klistchko, Vitali
35.Klistchko, Wladimir
36.Liston, Sonny
37.Sugar Ray Leonard
38.Ali, Muhammad
39.Danny Jacobs
40.Erislandy Lara
41.Roberto Duran
42.Cristobal Arreola
43.Tim Bradley
44.Anthony Mundine
45.Billy Dib
46.Fernando Vargas
47.Kevin Kelley
48.Eddie Chambers
49.David Haye
50.Jesse James Leija
51.Peter Manfredo Jr.
52.Butterbean
53.Zab Judah
54.Kendall Holt

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/12/09/fight-night...eSixthAxis&utm_medium=facebook

:nonono:

come on guys

give me some good top modern fighters instead of these guys

im sick of playing with old fighters as well...even though it is fun i would much rather have top current talent then a big list of guys that are on there EVERY GAME

MidnightSpecial
12-09-2010, 07:25 PM

****ing ditto

same thing with James Toney

i dont want chubby toney

MidnightSpecial
12-09-2010, 07:31 PM

ugh this is the only aspect of boxing i hate

the greed and selfishness

and i bet that 90% of the fighters would be in this game for chump change. Its the dumb **** managers and associates that wanna get paid so their guy can be in the game

makes me ****ing sick

the only sport where the establishment doesnt give a **** about fans

Irish Hitman
12-09-2010, 07:50 PM
T least they kept Hatton ....but where the **** is my by Paulie Malignaggi .... I got to the GOAT with him!!!

ИATAS
12-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Roy Jones will be at middleweight at this game, same with hopkins and jermain taylor.

I really think there's going to be some good DLC, amir khan said he's in the game and some others as well.

I was reading on the forums that Ken Norton's manager, of all people, was demanding crazy ammounts for him to be in the game and he represents several other guys as well and threatened to sue if any of those named guys were in the game. So yeah, there unfortunately is a lot of stupid crap like that in boxing.

Like wtf is ken norton doing at this point to where he's like, "nah man, **** that video game unless they pay me more!"

Stupid managers and ****.

I'm sure most all boxers would love to be in the game with exception to floyd since he'd have to fight pacquiao.

Ether
12-09-2010, 08:17 PM
I hate the fact Mayweather was in Fight Night round 2 but now thinks he's too big for Fight Night 5.

MidnightSpecial
12-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Roy Jones will be at middleweight at this game, same with hopkins and jermain taylor.

I really think there's going to be some good DLC, amir khan said he's in the game and some others as well.

I was reading on the forums that Ken Norton's manager, of all people, was demanding crazy ammounts for him to be in the game and he represents several other guys as well and threatened to sue if any of those named guys were in the game. So yeah, there unfortunately is a lot of stupid crap like that in boxing.

Like wtf is ken norton doing at this point to where he's like, "nah man, **** that video game unless they pay me more!"

Stupid managers and ****.

I'm sure most all boxers would love to be in the game with exception to floyd since he'd have to fight pacquiao.

i can see the older fighters demanding more makes this filled with irony

there money channels have dried up so i can see why they would want heavy payment.

but the new guys have sponsors, fights, and other means of income still so you would think they would jump at the chance to get paid for PROMOTION

which is not easy to come by in the boxing game

if i was a fringe fighter i would be like hey bro put me in the game for free!

MidnightSpecial
12-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I hate the fact Mayweather was in Fight Night round 2 but now thinks he's too big for Fight Night 5.

i know man

the closet we will come to a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight is in a video game

and we cant even get that!!

wtf?

THE REED™
12-09-2010, 08:32 PM
i can see the older fighters demanding more makes this filled with irony

there money channels have dried up so i can see why they would want heavy payment.

but the new guys have sponsors, fights, and other means of income still so you would think they would jump at the chance to get paid for PROMOTION

which is not easy to come by in the boxing game

if i was a fringe fighter i would be like hey bro put me in the game for free!

But, at the end of the day, something is better than nothing right?

I can understand trying to get the most you can, but to actually hold out and get paid nothing?

Pointless.

MidnightSpecial
12-09-2010, 09:36 PM
But, at the end of the day, something is better than nothing right?

I can understand trying to get the most you can, but to actually hold out and get paid nothing?

Pointless.

its just amazing to me that people dont understand what video games offer in terms of promotion

for instance Black Ops

i bet Rolling Stones sales sky rocketed thanks to them using "No Shelter" in the promo's

if you get paid say 500,000 to 1 mill to be in a game because you a big fighter

it will do unmeasurable good for your fan base

hell a lot of friends i have only know the fighters in Fight Night games....and if they are a current fighter then when they hear their name in a fight line up they are like "oh **** i gotta watch, i play with that guy on fight night!"

people dont understand that these video games are probably the best alternative medium to get you out there. God knows you gotta do something extraordinary to get on ESPN, in a newspaper, or magazine.

take what you can get.....its why boxing is dead man....they want to much money to get a name out there....just one big money grab

Cafe
12-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Honestly, they have two Cuban boxers and one Puerto Rican boxer, which is just outright laughable, at this moment, Lara is 13-0 yet he gets into the game, Chris arroela, PR had two champions Fres Oquendo and John Ruiz, Donaire not even a featherweight, The Ghost, Gamboa but no p4p Juanma. Than of course Hearns, Leonard, Hagler, Duran no Benitez, yet they ut Osdcar De La Homo in every game, now even Fernando Vargas and no Felix Trinidad !!!?

Mersey
12-10-2010, 09:02 AM
http://www.psu.com/media/fight-night-round-4/site_fight-night-round-4-ss-29.jpg

I never realised Fight Night Round 3 had better graphics.

BigStereotype
12-10-2010, 11:31 AM

1.Augustus, Emanuel
2.Calzaghe, Joe
3.César Chávez, Julio
4.Corrales, Diego
5.Cotto, Miguel
6.Donaire, Nonito
7.Foreman, George
8.Frazier, Joe
9.Gamboa, Yuriorkis
10.Guerreo, Robert
12.Hatton, Ricky
13.Hearns, Thomas
14.Jones Jr, Roy
15.LaMotta, Jake
16.Lewis, Lennox
17.Chad Dawson
18.Monzon, Carlos
19.Mora, Sergio
20.Morrison, Tommy
21.Mosley, Shane
22.Ortiz, Victor
23.Pacquiao, Manny
24.Pavlik, Kelly
25.Paz, Vinny
26.Robinson, Sugar Ray
27.Taylor, Jermain
28.Tyson, Mike
29.Whitaker, Pernell
30.Wright, Ronald “Winky”
31.De La Hoya, Oscar
32.Holyfield, Evander
33.Hopkins, Bernard
34.Klistchko, Vitali
35.Klistchko, Wladimir
36.Liston, Sonny
37.Sugar Ray Leonard
38.Ali, Muhammad
39.Danny Jacobs
40.Erislandy Lara
41.Roberto Duran
42.Cristobal Arreola
43.Tim Bradley
44.Anthony Mundine
45.Billy Dib
46.Fernando Vargas
47.Kevin Kelley
48.Eddie Chambers
49.David Haye
50.Jesse James Leija
51.Peter Manfredo Jr.
52.Butterbean
53.Zab Judah
54.Kendall Holt

That's the old roster +the klits, manfredo, butterbean, haye, judah and arreola but without BARRERA AND MORALES! WHAT THE ****! If they're going to leave the roster almost untouched, why get rid of them? Kevin ****ing Kelley is more with the times? GTFO...oh well, at least there will be CAB's galore.

ИATAS
12-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Honestly, they have two Cuban boxers and one Puerto Rican boxer, which is just outright laughable, at this moment, Lara is 13-0 yet he gets into the game, Chris arroela, PR had two champions Fres Oquendo and John Ruiz, Donaire not even a featherweight, The Ghost, Gamboa but no p4p Juanma. Than of course Hearns, Leonard, Hagler, Duran no Benitez, yet they ut Osdcar De La Homo in every game, now even Fernando Vargas and no Felix Trinidad !!!?

Yes, all of EA SPORTS hates Puerto Ricans. It is in fact a conspiracy.

dude, stfu for real, you've been going on and on and on about how it's some conspiracy to keep out puerto rican's not just here but on the EA forum as well.

Duran/Hearns/Leonard/Hagler - it's called the fab four for a reason not the fab five. Sorry, Benitez was awesome but mainstream don't know him.

Trinidad is owned by Don King and King probably wants him exclusively for his own Don King fighting game.

No one in the world wants to fight as John Ruiz. No one. Not even John Ruiz would select John Ruiz he'd pick roy jones.

THE REED™
12-10-2010, 11:36 AM

dude, stfu for real, you've been going on and on and on about how it's some conspiracy to keep out puerto rican's not just here but on the EA forum as well.

Duran/Hearns/Leonard/Hagler - it's called the fab four for a reason not the fab five. Sorry, Benitez was awesome but mainstream don't know him.

Trinidad is owned by Don King and King probably wants him exclusively for his own Don King fighting game.

No one in the world wants to fight as John Ruiz. No one. Not even John Ruiz would select John Ruiz he'd pick roy jones.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cafe
12-10-2010, 11:54 AM

No one in the world wants to fight as John Ruiz. No one. Not even John Ruiz would select John Ruiz he'd pick roy jones.Fan boy, its your feelings hurt because you suck EA's dick, not me. Year after year they get away with this ***** . all we ever do is play with the same fighters year after year.

How can you put Oscar De La Hoya and Fernando Vargas and not Trinidad

How can you put Donarie, The Ghost, Gamboa, and not even top ten pund for pound Juanma

They leave out Benitez but he schooled Hearns and Duran, using his defensive skills, plus was youngest champion in history.

Chris arroela? LOL dont make me laugh.

And Ring Rivlaries we didn't even see Mexico vs PR.

MidnightSpecial
12-10-2010, 11:55 AM

thats getting sigged

:rofl: :rofl:

MidnightSpecial
12-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Fan boy, its your feelings hurt because you suck EA's dick, not me. Year after year they get away with this ***** . all we ever do is play with the same fighters year after year.

How can you put Donarie, The Ghost, Gamboa, and not even top ten pund for pound Juanma

They leave out Benitez but he schooled Hearns and Duran, using his defensive skills, plus was youngest champion in history.

he just explained to you why Trinidad isnt in there....because he was promoted (owned) by Don King

:smashfrea

and if you read any of the posts people have made in here you would understand why they HAD to leave some fighters out

:dunce:

Cafe
12-10-2010, 11:59 AM
thats getting sigged

:rofl: :rofl:

Go ahead defend, EA Sports, not like they care about the adverage consumer, only fan boys like you guys. And to please the boxing gods, how'd Chris arreola get in Fight Night Champion? You guys laugh, but yewt have no anwser....

Cafe
12-10-2010, 12:01 PM
he just explained to you why Trinidad isnt in there....because he was promoted (owned) by Don King

and if you read any of the posts people have made in here you would understand why they HAD to leave some fighters out

I taught Trinidad was in 2004, and he was retired from boxing, does he have a life long contract with Don King?

Cafe
12-10-2010, 12:03 PM

I don't buy that bull****, they left out Juanma cause his promotors, but Gamboas promotors where willing to do it, just not Juanma, simple explanation.

MidnightSpecial
12-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Go ahead defend, EA Sports, not like they care about the adverage consumer, only fan boys like you guys. And to please the boxing gods, how'd Chris arreola get in Fight Night Champion? You guys laugh, but yewt have no anwser....

1. Im not defending EA im just stating the facts of the situation that your biased judgment is clouding you must not understand how the boxing world works.

2. Of course they care about the consumer dip**** they wont ever sell these games if they didnt. In all honesty i feel like EA has sometimes catered to the "casual" consumer too much and has alienated boxing truists. But that is not because of the fighter selection but gameplay. Some things are not in their grasp even though you would like to think so

3. Chris Arreola got in because what other American Heavyweight has had play time on television other than Eddie Chambers?.....who is in the game. Also im sure when approached Chris didnt ask for a crazy sum of money to be featured.

all the answers you want

MidnightSpecial
12-10-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't buy that bull****, they left out Juanma cause his promotors, but Gamboas promotors where willing to do it, just not Juanma, simple explanation.

maybe his big ****ing egg head was slowing down the frame rate

:dunno:

who ****ing knows

its not some big conspiracy against Puerto Ricans give it a rest nancy

Cafe
12-10-2010, 12:13 PM
maybe his big ****ing egg head was slowing down the frame rate

:dunno:

who ****ing knows

its not some big conspiracy against Puerto Ricans give it a rest nancy

I smell fear, who knows, I know, I just said why they wouldnt have him....

Cafe
12-10-2010, 12:14 PM
3. Chris Arreola got in because what other American Heavyweight has had play time on television other than Eddie Chambers?.....who is in the game. Also im sure when approached Chris didnt ask for a crazy sum of money to be featured.

all the answers you want
What other AMERICAN. I rest my case. And he is Mexican who campained to be first Mexican Heavyweight in history, dum, dum.

MidnightSpecial
12-10-2010, 12:18 PM
What other AMERICAN. I rest my case. And he s Mexican who campained to be first Mexican Heavyweight in history, dum, dum.

first Mexican-American jackass

do you watch boxing?

i cant wait until JuanMa gets decapitated by someone.

a old ass Marquez just about did it.....its only a matter of time

Cafe
12-10-2010, 12:26 PM
first Mexican-American jackass

do you watch boxing?

i cant wait until JuanMa gets decapitated by someone.

a old ass Marquez just about did it.....its only a matter of time

No first Mexican Heaveyweight champion, oh wait, Fres Oquendo and John Ruiz are both the first Heavyweight Latino champions in history, and they never were in Fight Night. And John Ruiz fought everyone, so did Fres Oquendo, Arreola only fought Vitali. I'am sure Juanma would love to be in this game, or even Trinidad for that matter. Lots of people asking for them, not just me jackass.

MidnightSpecial
12-10-2010, 12:41 PM
No first Mexican Heaveyweight champion, oh wait, Fres Oquendo and John Ruiz are both the first Heavyweight Latino champions in history, and they never were in Fight Night. And John Ruiz fought everyone, so did Fres Oquendo, Arreola only fought Vitali. I'am sure Juanma would love to be in this game, or even Trinidad for that matter. Lots of people asking for them, not just me jackass.

He was born in America retard!!!

im guessing you never watched the fight because they clearly said like 1000 times he would be the first Mexican-American heavyweight

just like John Ruiz was a Puerto Rican-American

its seems to me like you are just butt hurt therefore your posts are irrelavent

Cafe
12-10-2010, 12:43 PM
He was born in America retard!!!

im guessing you never watched the fight because they clearly said like 1000 times he would be the first Mexican-American heavyweight

just like John Ruiz was a Puerto Rican-American

its seems to me like you are just butt hurt therefore your posts are irrelavent

I think your irrelavent cause you agree Chris Arroela should be in Fight Night Champion, I think EA pays you to suck their ****..

ИATAS
12-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Fan boy, its your feelings hurt because you suck EA's dick, not me. Year after year they get away with this ***** . all we ever do is play with the same fighters year after year.

You call me an EA fanboy yet you're posting on the EA forums constantly. :smashfrea

You don't think they want Trinidad? You don't think they want Mayweather? Trust me, these are two of the most requested names every single year or so when a new game comes out. Floyd demands crazy amounts of money and Trinidad, as I explained, is managed by Don King, who if you don't know has his own boxing game called Prizefighter. Some of the guys in that game are contracted exclusively in that game including: Luis Collazo and Daniel Santos, who are, yep, puerto rican.

Remember when Mike Tyson was NEVER in any boxing games besides Mike Tyson's punchout? That was because he was managed by Don King and King would demand crazy ***** as well. If you have a problem with no Tito, twitter don king.

Besides, after a couple days of game launch, there will be tons of great Tito's you can download yourself.

Cafe
12-10-2010, 12:51 PM
You call me an EA fanboy yet you're posting on the EA forums constantly. :smashfrea

You don't think they want Trinidad? You don't think they want Mayweather? Trust me, these are two of the most requested names every single year or so when a new game comes out. Floyd demands crazy amounts of money and Trinidad, as I explained, is managed by Don King, who if you don't know has his own boxing game called Prizefighter. Some of the guys in that game are contracted exclusively in that game including: Luis Collazo and Daniel Santos, who are, yep, puerto rican.
No excuses for having more Cuban fighters and having one Puuerto Rican fighter in Fight Night Champion, no excuses, when they beaten all yur favorite fighter, and Juan Manuel Lopez is in the top ten pound for pound.

I only have like 16 posts on the EA forum :smashfrea

ИATAS
12-10-2010, 01:04 PM
No excuses for having more Cuban fighters and having one Puuerto Rican fighter in Fight Night Champion, no excuses, when they beaten all yur favorite fighter, and Juan Manuel Lopez is in the top ten pound for pound.

there are two cubans you crybaby.

How many russians are in the game? Not one. Not a single Russian is in the game despite there being plenty of Russian champions.

At least there is cotto so stop crying, wipe your tears, you're going to get the game anyway, download trinidad and john freakin ruiz and go at it.

Mersey
12-10-2010, 01:32 PM
There's not enough Brits. Boycott this game.

Cassius Liston
12-10-2010, 01:40 PM
There's not enough Brits. Boycott this game.

I heard Carl Froch was wearing EA ****....where the **** is he.... I'd rather i hasd the game without fat eddie chambers and heavyweight james toney...they never get picked when i play...they're not even enjoyable to beat up on...let alone pick

BigStereotype
12-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Can't we just all agree that everybody's racist? What a ****ing stupid point, Rican. There are only two Soviet fighters and they're brothers! Where's Pirog? Where's Tszyu?

-Kev-
12-11-2010, 01:02 AM

When was this? He beat Duran but I wouldn't say he schooled him. And Hearns beat Benitez.

heat27
12-11-2010, 01:03 AM

lol.....................

-Kev-
12-11-2010, 01:06 AM
I understand they can't get everybody but they left out two of the hottest divisions in boxing.

140: Ortiz, Alexander, Maidana, Peterson, Khan, Malignaggi

But they have Judah lol.

168: Ward, Dirrell, Abraham, Froch, Bute, Kessler, Johnson, Green, Andrade

Also no JMM, JM Lopez, Raf Marquez, Izz Vazquez. Long list of fighters missing.

dj Ramos
12-11-2010, 06:51 AM

Are you really arguing to have John Ruiz on Fight Night....? Who the fu*k would pick John Ruiz...Anyone using HW will be Ali or Tyson...probably Butterbean cuz hes fat and a badass but still...

If your gunna complain then complain about juan maricon.

Im mad Barrera and Morales isnt in the game...

POETICDRINK2U
12-11-2010, 01:26 PM
[Pausing to looking around] Isn't this a boxing site? I feel lost because I'm seeing some people disrespecting the old school boxers. I'm wondering did anyone else read what the producer, Brian "Brizzo" Hayes said about reaching out to boxers?

Rican411, you need to calm down because no one is being racist or intentionally leaving certain boxers out because of their race. A couple of guys including myself reached out to a lot of boxers. I talked to them through email and gave them the Fight Night producer's email information.

Brizzo said, many of the boxers didn't get their contracts back to him or they never returned phone calls. The Fight Night Franchise has the smallest budget out of all their sports franchises. So, it's hard to negotiate with boxers wanting a lot of money.

The CAB better be epic or all hell is going to break out from the fans.

Mersey
12-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty happy with the roster.

Just a few more different names would have been nice.

MidnightSpecial
12-11-2010, 03:36 PM
[Pausing to looking around] Isn't this a boxing site? I feel lost because I'm seeing some people disrespecting the old school boxers. I'm wondering did anyone else read what the producer, Brian "Brizzo" Hayes said about reaching out to boxers?

Rican411, you need to calm down because no one is being racist or intentionally leaving certain boxers out because of their race. A couple of guys including myself reached out to a lot of boxers. I talked to them through email and gave them the Fight Night producer's email information.

Brizzo said, many of the boxers didn't get their contracts back to him or they never returned phone calls. The Fight Night Franchise has the smallest budget out of all their sports franchises. So, it's hard to negotiate with boxers wanting a lot of money.

The CAB better be epic or all hell is going to break out from the fans.

i dont have anything against the old timers at all. it just seems to me a game that comes out every couple of years should throw some of the new names in there...but of course like Brizzo stated....cant always get who you want, which is fine.

but like i said before i have friends who know boxers from only these games. Friends that dont necessarily watch boxing on a regular basis but play these games and find a fighters style they like...then they wind up liking them in real life because they feel like they have some kind of connection with them. So it really baffles me that it is so hard for the new guys to get on here when they are getting PAID for advertisement and publicity

this game hits a broader demographic than just fight fans. These olders guys, for the idle fan, are not always recognizable with the exception of the obvious few. So when a casual fan looks at the fighter list they are like.........who the **** is this????

look at this website for instance

most of these kids on here only know fighters in the last 10-20 years.....that is really the main demographic EA is shooting for. So it is great to have these classic matchups of classic fighters......the customer base is more inclined to current generation talent and current fighter matchups.

and i mean we have all seen the REAL fights between Ali and Frazier, Hagler and Hearns, etc. so there isnt much of a thrill in having these guys fight virtually. The beauty is in the potential matchups and the impossible matchups. EA did a good job of advertising this the last time around with Tyson-Ali but i think it kind of skewed their development because of their push to overhaul the graphics and to get Tyson.

To me where this game lives and dies is in the Legacy Mode....if it doesnt produce this year than its gonna flop....for me of course

the online is "meh"...i like playing online but its usually more frustrating than it is fun...people win by spamming and not actually boxing...its frustrating losing a match when you are fighting a textbook strategy but the guy you are fighting is just finding game exploits

and the exhibition mode is fun if you are fighting a friend at the house but not much for single player

just my two cents

:D