View Full Version : Toughening knuckles

666boy666
08-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Do any of you know, or have heard of any good solutions that would toughen knuckles?

I've heard the ones about sheep piss, various alcohols, etc.

Thanks

Inf3rn0
08-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Do any of you know, or have heard of any good solutions that would toughen knuckles?

I've heard the ones about sheep piss, various alcohols, etc.

Thanks
Sheep piss! where the you hear that? and anyway even if that did work then ... WHERE THE HELL YOU GET SHEEP PISS, you know any sheep?

person i know tryed to toughen their knuckles by punching the desk when they were at work, but then he relised that it was a silly idea and stopped, dont know if it works, does any1 else?

oh and what you suposed to do woth the sheep piss? or dont you know/ too painfull to say.

c0pe
08-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Sheep piss! where the you hear that? and anyway even if that did work then ... WHERE THE HELL YOU GET SHEEP PISS, you know any sheep?

person i know tryed to toughen their knuckles by punching the desk when they were at work, but then he relised that it was a silly idea and stopped, dont know if it works, does any1 else?

oh and what you suposed to do woth the sheep piss? or dont you know/ too painfull to say.
I say do bare knuckle press ups with a clap. Now that would build up the strong skin.

Inf3rn0
08-25-2005, 08:42 PM
yea not my mates idea of breakin his knuckles on the desk...
cheers c0pe..
btw you'd have to beable to do a clap press, what if the person doing it cant do clap presses..? would just the press ups on your knuckles to the same?

oh exige, add me to ur sig man.

c0pe
08-25-2005, 08:50 PM
yea not my mates idea of breakin his knuckles on the desk...
cheers c0pe..
btw you'd have to beable to do a clap press, what if the person doing it cant do clap presses..? would just the press ups on your knuckles to the same?

oh exige, add me to ur sig man.
Yeah just do them without the clap.

Inf3rn0
08-25-2005, 08:54 PM
kk cheers c0pe....i saw you first at beggining of month and u almost have same mount of posts as me :eek:

y d'ya want tough nuckles anyways, i always though of that as a street fighting thing?
but then agen y do i want to but on weight when it'll only be fat anyway :(

c0pe
08-25-2005, 08:58 PM
kk cheers c0pe....i saw you first at beggining of month and u almost have same mount of posts as me :eek:

y d'ya want tough nuckles anyways, i always though of that as a street fighting thing?
but then agen y do i want to but on weight when it'll only be fat anyway :(
Tough knuckles = less brittle hands.

Inf3rn0
08-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Tough knuckles = less brittle hands.
yea but u have enough protection via handwraps and gloves dont you? and part of my arm and hand i would have though that strong wrist would have been more important than knuckles.... obviously if you were a streetfighter then tough knuckles is a good thing to have but i wouldnt have thought it a too major thing in boxing.
k checking thread in morning...

abdiel2k3
08-25-2005, 09:19 PM
punch bricks
its called conditioning

666boy666
08-25-2005, 11:38 PM
YOU DON'T JUST "PUNCH BRICKS", YOU START WITH SOMETHING LESS SOLID THEN WORK UP.

I box, but I've broken my hands in street fights before, and unless you've done alot of punching with your bare fists, you won't understand the idea of tough knuckles. It's more than just the skin you have to toughen.

Karate fighters use the makiwara to condition, I use it as well, little bastard hurts like hell after a while.

Yeah, alot of old bare knuckle fighters would soak their knuckles in various solutions that usually had some form of urine in them. Alot used brine (salt water), but I was wondering if anyone here did it as well.

I box primarily, but gloves are to protect your hands, and if you swing without them you'll pay (case in point, every time mike tyson swung out on the street, he got a broken hand) so I try to condition them for every situation.

Thanks all

random guy
08-25-2005, 11:42 PM
the best way to make your knickles stronger is by punching backwards carpet(so the rough side faces you)

666boy666
08-25-2005, 11:47 PM
sounds like it would work, but I think you're missing the point of my post. It's no mystery that if you punch a rough surface, you'll get tougher skin, but I'm talking about a liquid solution that you can soak your hands in so the skin will tighten.

Ukr_Alex
08-26-2005, 12:24 AM
I used to punch lockers. Punch them so hard, I would leave skin traces on the green paint.
A locker is good because you can bend it.
I just used to punch anything metal and wood. But I dont recomend any of it unless you have a proffesional telling you what to do, because you can brake your hands, brake your knucles.

random guy
08-26-2005, 12:57 AM
sounds like it would work, but I think you're missing the point of my post. It's no mystery that if you punch a rough surface, you'll get tougher skin, but I'm talking about a liquid solution that you can soak your hands in so the skin will tighten.
I dont think such a thing exists

666boy666
08-26-2005, 01:18 AM
no, boxers used to use it. jack dempsey used beef brine to toughen his knuckles and face, and some older bare knuckle fighters would use sheep piss and alum tablets. I just didn't know if there were any more modern alternitives is all.

Those sheep are hard to catch..................

blockburna944
08-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Boxers also used to drink raw eggs and pure blood (from cows or pigs). i dont honestly know if any of that really works because they were tough as nails back then just from how they lived.

i know that punching into a pit of sand though helps strengthen the knuckles by building polished calcium deposits around them. just be careful whatever you do with that kind of stuff because using wrong training methods might mess your hands up so bad youll never be able to make a fist again.

666boy666
08-26-2005, 02:08 AM
very true. The chinese used to strike hot sand (hot as in placed in a burning wok, not just hot as in left out in the sun) to toughen there knuckles, gradually graduating to pebels, that's what I'm doing too, besides the normal bag work. Thanks for the comments

GreenTea
08-26-2005, 07:00 AM
Are you serious ? That kind of kung-fu stuff is useless in boxing. We are not fighting with bare hands.
Perform push-ups with knuckles and fingertips so youŽll get better protection to your hand bones because of the stronger muscles. Wrap your hands and that should be enough.

boxer2k5
08-26-2005, 07:26 AM
all that lil **** dont count
**** all that

get your skills and stamina up
**** that knuckle ****

and if i knew where to get
sheeps piss from i doubt ill
put my hands in it

Inf3rn0
08-26-2005, 07:31 AM
no, boxers used to use it. jack dempsey used beef brine to toughen his knuckles and face, and some older bare knuckle fighters would use sheep piss and alum tablets. I just didn't know if there were any more modern alternitives is all.

Those sheep are hard to catch..................
sounds like you know alot bout it already...more than most people here, people here are more woried about hard punching, stamina and technique, stuff to do with boxing, like what boxer2k5 said, so its not a good place to ask..

666boy666
08-26-2005, 07:33 AM
all that lil **** dont count
**** all that

get your skills and stamina up
**** that knuckle ****

and if i knew where to get
sheeps piss from i doubt ill
put my hands in it

I would dignify that with a response, but, I'm afraid I don't speak
Master P...........

Oh wait, let me try........Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhnnnnnnn, na na na na, na na na na

.......................friggin *****

boxstarr
08-26-2005, 04:43 PM
surgical spirit is used to toughen the skin and is easily procured

boxstarr
08-26-2005, 04:44 PM
it is used especially to toughen skin on the feet but same principle should apply to knuckles

666boy666
08-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah I've heard that, haven't tried it though, but knowing me, will very soon :) thanks for the help.

boxer2k5
08-26-2005, 08:30 PM
I would dignify that with a response, but, I'm afraid I don't speak
Master P...........

Oh wait, let me try........Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhnnnnnnn, na na na na, na na na na

.......................friggin *****

that wasnt even funny you ****ing scrub

if your going to use sterotypes and be a racist
at least be funny

dumb *****

EXIGE
08-26-2005, 11:27 PM
that wasnt even funny you ****ing scrub

if your going to use sterotypes and be a racist
at least be funny

dumb *****
Hahaha, ****ing scrub.

666boy666
08-27-2005, 01:41 AM
"dumb *****"? whoo, didn't see that coming. Bet you scare alot of people with the sheer wit that comes out of that mouth.

And scrub? where the hell has that phrase been????

You must listen to alot of TLC huh? you don't want no scrubs either sweetheart? aww, that's so cute

boxer2k5
08-27-2005, 11:26 AM
"dumb *****"? whoo, didn't see that coming. Bet you scare alot of people with the sheer wit that comes out of that mouth.

And scrub? where the hell has that phrase been????

You must listen to alot of TLC huh? you don't want no scrubs either sweetheart? aww, that's so cute

again at least try and be funny
scrub is a word i use for bums
and **** who i beat on in my fights
you dont even box why are you here

asking about making your knouckles
tough lo

what a scrub

666boy666
08-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Scrub is a word *****es used 10 years ago..............who you trying to look like more, t-boz or left eye? you crazy sexy cool too? I'm sure alot of guys are afraid of fighting you when you're calling them scrubs, I mean, the word is so fearsome.

Anyway kid, why don't you go skip out on another child support payment

EXIGE
08-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Scrub is a word *****es used 10 years ago..............who you trying to look like more, t-boz or left eye? you crazy sexy cool too? I'm sure alot of guys are afraid of fighting you when you're calling them scrubs, I mean, the word is so fearsome.

Anyway kid, why don't you go skip out on another child support payment
Skip out another child support statement? What kind of cuss was that? Especially as he doesnt have kids.

666boy666
08-27-2005, 04:53 PM
it wasn't a "cuss", and boxer2k5, stop logging on as eXig3 trying to pretend you got a "posse" backing you up. If you're too stupid to understand then I'll explain. It was a racial comment. You made a comment about me being a ***, so I made a comment about you being a stereotype.

Learning is fun isn't it? Next time, maybe I'll teach you about the birds and the bees kid, pretty interesting stuff....

EXIGE
08-27-2005, 06:34 PM
it wasn't a "cuss", and boxer2k5, stop logging on as eXig3 trying to pretend you got a "posse" backing you up. If you're too stupid to understand then I'll explain. It was a racial comment. You made a comment about me being a ***, so I made a comment about you being a stereotype.

Learning is fun isn't it? Next time, maybe I'll teach you about the birds and the bees kid, pretty interesting stuff....
Dont try and patronise me. It wont work.

And no, im not boxer2k5, and no you wont teach me anything, because i am more intelligent than you. And why did you give me bad karma for saying what i said in the post before?

Do you wanna feel my considerably stronger Reputation on your ass?? Too late, your gonna get it anyway.

666boy666
08-27-2005, 08:23 PM
you're kinda cute when you talk dirty.......

EXIGE
08-27-2005, 09:13 PM
you're kinda cute when you talk dirty.......
And your a boy.

Do you like to do a bit of turd burgling?

And no i wasnt talking dirty.

boxer2k5
08-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Skip out another child support statement? What kind of cuss was that? Especially as he doesnt have kids.

dont mind the dumb ass
he is trying to be funny
using sterotypes and being
a racist

he holds no weight in life
thats why he is a scrub

666boy666
08-28-2005, 12:24 AM
you know, come to think of it, that blue headgear of yours gives me goosebumps.......

call me a scrub again........pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?

EXIGE
08-28-2005, 09:43 AM
you know, come to think of it, that blue headgear of yours gives me goosebumps.......

call me a scrub again........pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?
Neek. Thats what you are.

666boy666
08-28-2005, 12:38 PM
keep calling me names........

EXIGE
08-28-2005, 01:12 PM
keep calling me names........
Ok then. Im cool with that.

666boy666
08-28-2005, 03:25 PM
good , then obey what I say

EXIGE
08-28-2005, 05:11 PM
good , then obey what I say
No its alright, dont take orders from people who's IQ is lower than that of a soggy box of cornflakes.

strongisland24
08-28-2005, 05:13 PM
sheep piss just made my day. :D

666boy666
08-28-2005, 08:00 PM
sheep piss just made my day. :D

don't call exig names, that's my job

inats
10-09-2006, 01:06 AM
waste of time bro!!!

j
10-09-2006, 02:17 AM
damn! i was going to add something usefull here, but it looks like this thread simply degenerated.

this could've been an interesting thread. damn.

killerl1g
10-09-2006, 05:46 AM
surgical spirit is the best thing for hardening up skin

Zigga
10-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey 666, i like to use whipped cream on my knuckles it works trust me!!

If i havnt got whipped cream i wrap aluminum foil over them and put um under the grill for 10 minutes, make sure u put salt and pepper on before u foil wrap them. Double wrapping seems to work great!!