View Full Version : Don't you just love that noise?

triggerhappy
08-23-2005, 02:00 PM
You know when you hit some one with a good body shot and thay make that ummph!! noise lol....How do you make your midsection stronger so you can absorb body punches?

c0pe
08-23-2005, 02:46 PM
You know when you hit some one with a good body shot and thay make that ummph!! noise lol....How do you make your midsection stronger so you can absorb body punches?
I would say that doing pretty much anything wth a medicine ball and obviously doing sit ups (of all different kinds) would help you absord body punches.

Tyson used to have the heaviest medicine ball thrown at him like 200 times the hardest his trainer could do it. That helped him i believe.

And yes i do like that noise. The crack of the skin and the moan of the person your hitting. Its a great thing.

Inf3rn0
08-23-2005, 03:24 PM
no i dont liek it that much, cuz its always me getting hit..

trig your sig is too long, i looked at the scroll bar and thort hmm, a few people have replied, but only Copey has replied.Then i thort ow, its trigs sig-*scroll, scroll.....scroll*
*scroll, scroll*....*scroll*

(good karma required for having...for being....good karma required)

Dyl-G
08-23-2005, 04:06 PM
yeah that is a good sound, its even a better feeling when they have to stop because of it

.Go To Sleep.
08-23-2005, 11:18 PM
I love the sound of a person gasping in pain when youhitt hem square in the solar plexus. Like music to the ear.

.::EnRiQuE::.
08-23-2005, 11:22 PM
yea that "umph" sound they make as they begin to fold over is great. its funny cuz as soon as they get hit wit dat bodyshot they have like a 1/2 before they fold over

Tony Blitz
08-24-2005, 03:23 AM
I love the noise made when punching a ******* in the face
haha just ****in with ya :D

Hunna
08-24-2005, 05:59 AM

lose the gut of yours for starters.

PunchDrunk
08-24-2005, 06:14 AM
lose the gut of yours for starters.

Actually, the more fat you have, the more protection. Fat around the midsection does NOT mean you can't have abs of steel underneath. And the fat absorbs a lot of the power from the punch.

So that would make this the ONLY reason for a boxer to keep his gut.

chopper77
08-24-2005, 02:45 PM
I always loved the feeling when you really wacked someone. It felt and sounded like a home run when you played baseball, and nailed one as a kid.

TonyLuong
08-31-2005, 12:29 AM
there are many ways to take a body shot and train for it, i personally recommend doing so in as many aspects as possible, Medicine ball and situps in variation is good, but also try getting your trainer to get some guys to load punches or hits to your gut as you stand and take it, doing so will help your stomach get used to contracting and expanding as punches land, also it has to do with your breathing, breathing out will reduce almost all damage to the body, just don't breath all of your oxygen out or that face shot will HURT if it lands :)

enadeus
08-31-2005, 11:05 AM
I sure do. I hit a guy twice as big as me about 2-3 times with a hook to the liver and he couldent continue.

EXIGE
08-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Are body shots really this effective??

I think i have watched too much pro fighting, where the body shots are nothing to them. I have been hit loads in the body and have never been winded in boxing.

I remember i hit someone square in the solar plexus and they went flying across the ring, that was on 2 occassions actually.

Also my trainer teaches me to hit right under the rib cage, especially with an uppercut or something like that. i may try and wind some people more, it will make them go in their shell and then i can start owning. I suppose its a side of my game that i need to develop.