View Full Version : Am I Too old to start

Diesel09386
08-22-2005, 10:23 PM
I am about to be 19 years old. I have thought about getting into boxing but I think I might be too old to start. As far as boxing, I box at home on my own time but I dont have anyone to train me. I've learned stuff here and there (from tv, net, magazines, etc.) Do you think it is too late to start. I am athletic, I've played sports my whole life.

Thanks

Sweat
08-22-2005, 10:33 PM
No its not too late. I'm just like you but 2 years younger.

EXIGE
08-22-2005, 11:33 PM
How many of these threads are made?

Someone should sticky the answer to the top of the board.

"You are not too old to start boxing, check out Larry Holmes, still fighting bums at 52. So if your considering boxing and you are 4 years old dont think that you wont be good enough to win anything, think again."

**END OF POST**

And to answer the question, no your not too old if you havent already got the jist, your probably at a perfect age biologically (ie the perfect time to start because of all of your bodily development and all that).

Tony Blitz
08-22-2005, 11:49 PM
do you mean too late to turn pro? if so, then kind of if you're looking to be an elite fighter. If just for a hobby, you're never too old

SilentButViolent
08-23-2005, 01:07 AM
do you mean too late to turn pro? if so, then kind of if you're looking to be an elite fighter. If just for a hobby, you're never too old
man i love your avatar :D

.::EnRiQuE::.
08-23-2005, 01:14 AM
^ ur sig is ****ing badass xXslimXx

Mark_The_Shark
08-23-2005, 07:25 AM
man you are'nt too old my good friend dom started boxing a 19 and he went of to have over 100 fights and he won all sorts of titles and he ended up goin to win australian titles 5 times and he had alot of offers to become pro but he didnt want to, you only get out what you put in, if u want to b great only you can make it happen

kbpoetree
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
I am about to be 19 years old. I have thought about getting into boxing but I think I might be too old to start. As far as boxing, I box at home on my own time but I dont have anyone to train me. I've learned stuff here and there (from tv, net, magazines, etc.) Do you think it is too late to start. I am athletic, I've played sports my whole life.

Thanks
Age is just a number dude, your body will tell u if u r too old, the problem with the world is everyone listens to a society as a whole, i am starting late too, i dont expect a pro career one would b enough to fullfill my dream, go 4it

BAREKNUCKLES
08-23-2005, 07:23 PM
If you want to box, get to a gym, and get to work. Do you think you're over the hill at 19?

I've seen guys in their late 30s who have never done it lace em up and slap some leather.

You could make a career out of it if you want, you could make it a way to stay fit, and keep your competitive edge going. Whatever you want to make it, you are definitely at a prime age to do whatever you want in life.

Brian

Eman
08-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Im 19 and i just started boxing, i hope its not to old

SilentButViolent
08-23-2005, 08:32 PM
^ ur sig is ****ing badass xXslimXx
tanx playa

buff_mike10
08-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Mike Tyson won the heavyweight championship of the world at age 20, he started boxing at age 13. Ali started boxing around age 12. The only undefeated heavyweight champion in history didn't start boxing until he was around 23, Rocky Marciano. Your not to old, but don't waste anymore time.