View Full Version : Need advise on new routine

bigrick31
08-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi all. Iím looking to get back into great athletic shape, and I was wondering what everyone does as far as cardio and weight lifting to train for boxing? Or if you could point me in the direction of a good program to follow it would be greatly appreciated.

EXIGE
08-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Ok you seem polite enough, ill do a quick run down.

At least 30 minutes cardio a day. Make it a mixture of intense and less intense.

Next do sit-ups, push-ups and variations of these.

Next lift smaller weights with more reps.

Clean diet.

Thats a really basic run down. Sorry, but its like 2 in morning and i need sleep. Ill elaborate tomorrow dude.

bigrick31
08-18-2005, 11:32 PM
kewl thanks. maybe i should also post my stats. im 19 going on 20 6'1" 198lbs i used to play football and wrestle a little in highschool. lately ive just been weight lifting no cardio. im trying to get my weight down to about 180 or 175.

.Go To Sleep.
08-19-2005, 02:09 AM
Run at least 2 miles a day, to get your cardio help. Also, try jump roping, and a lot of shadowboxing. That should be some good cardio work if you're starting out.

I dont lift weights as part of my training, but If you want to do weights, focus mostly on the legs. Train your shoulders, chest, and lower black to throw punches quicker, and pull them back quicker. Also, ab work will help you to absorb body shots.

tebe6sm
08-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Running:
monday - intervals / hill sprints
tuesday - mile for time
thursday - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
friday - mile for time

Strength
Wednesday & Saturday - sandbag workouts preceded by 10-15 minutes of conditioning as a warmup

- bodyweight circuits performed monday and thursday
- core circuits performed mon, wed, fri
- General Physical Preparation (GPP) performed tues, wed, fri, sat
- skill training performed mon and thurs
- do minimal bodyweight exercises on sunday as it is my rest/recovery day

that's pretty much everything that I've been doing I think, unfortunately I've been pussin out the past couple days so I'm gonna have to go kick my ass with some extra **** today and get back in the groove