View Full Version : New Info on Fight Night 3 that'll make you drool

POETICDRINK2U
08-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Even though I have the Game Informer with this article many of you don't...So he's the place with the article
http://www.fightnightboxing.com/news/fightnightround3.htm

jack_the_rippuh
08-16-2005, 03:17 PM
I was drooling from just seeing the picture I'm all cumming on myself after reading htis.

-this is all designed to make the fighting immersive like real boxing rather than a couple of generic fighting game models with gloves on and a healthbar...

AHHHHHHHHHH OMG!!! THIS FEELS SO GOOD! AHHHHHHHH..

POETICDRINK2U
08-16-2005, 03:22 PM
You should have kept that to yourself!

jack_the_rippuh
08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Hey, man, there's nothing wrong to cumming off video games. Don't knock it 'till you tried it.

TheBrownBomber22
08-17-2005, 10:46 AM
thanks for the info man, it sounds great, especially the no huds.

Soldier01
08-17-2005, 12:56 PM
I hope they fix there servers. FNR2 servers suck.

Inf3rn0
08-17-2005, 09:07 PM
game looks decent and graphics look pure good. wonder how much the new consoles are?

what wheight are those two in ur pic bomber?

The Golden Boy
08-18-2005, 01:04 AM
game looks decent and graphics look pure good. wonder how much the new consoles are?

Eric Morales and Manny Pacquiao, 130 lbs.

TheBrownBomber22
08-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Eric Morales and Manny Pacquiao, 130 lbs.

Yep.

The message is to short.

BadMagick
08-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I can't see the picture. Could someone save it and upload it to imageshack.us for me please?

Soldier01
08-23-2005, 02:49 PM

Well, the xbox 360 is going to have 2 versions. Core system $299 & and HD version is going to be $399 which is a good deal for what it comes with.

AIR_KENG
08-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Well, the xbox 360 is going to have 2 versions. Core system $299 & and HD version is going to be $399 which is a good deal for what it comes with.
thanks dude for this info... does this mean that FNR3 will not be played with PS2??? i only have PS2 here and PS3 will probably around for the nextten years, lol...

jack_the_rippuh
08-24-2005, 12:05 AM
I doubt it. These greedy ass video game companies make a new system ever 4-5 years.

Sweat
08-24-2005, 12:09 AM

what the ****?? You dont know who those 2 guys are?? thats Erik Morales and Manny Pacquiao. youre new to boxing huh?

Soldier01
08-24-2005, 04:34 PM
thanks dude for this info... does this mean that FNR3 will not be played with PS2??? i only have PS2 here and PS3 will probably around for the nextten years, lol...

I don't think it'll be played on the PS2. The PS3 is coming out on the 1st qtr of "06" so, Maybe they'll hold off on it. Unless EA tries to do what they've done with Madden. Release an edition months before the 360 comes out so people can buy both copies.

c0pe
08-24-2005, 09:20 PM
what the ****?? You dont know who those 2 guys are?? thats Erik Morales and Manny Pacquiao. youre new to boxing huh?
He must be new to boxing, how else wouldnt you know 2 greats (modern greats).

Manny_P
08-24-2005, 11:46 PM
he don't know who Manny Pacman Pacquiao is???????!!!!!!!

OMG, Ima blast him wit tons of Pac vids right now. Foo's been missing on Pacman? Cant believe tis! "shakes head"...."shakes ass" whoa.........NO HOMO!

AIR_KENG
09-02-2005, 08:29 AM
I don't think it'll be played on the PS2. The PS3 is coming out on the 1st qtr of "06" so, Maybe they'll hold off on it. Unless EA tries to do what they've done with Madden. Release an edition months before the 360 comes out so people can buy both copies.
i hope they do the madden thing... i want to play it on PS2... PS3 is very expensive in this part of the world...

JMCbulls
09-03-2005, 03:46 PM
it will only come out for ps3, psp, n xbox360

game looks awesome

BadMagick
09-08-2005, 08:53 PM
I doubt it. These greedy ass video game companies make a new system ever 4-5 years.

It isn't that they're greedy, it's that technology has advanced that much since 2001 that they're making new systems. Over the past four years we've seen graphics cards go from the capabilites of a MX400 to a C660, and the difference is vast. They've gone from just over a gig in processor speed to over triple that, and they've also made a leap from 32 bit processing to 64 (which is useless as of now, as there aren't really any 64 bit programs).

So, with the demand of better technology, it only makes sense that the console gaming industry would make new consoles in an attempt to keep up with the always-improving PC gaming industry, even though, at current state, the console industry is bigger.

masterdirector
09-11-2005, 04:46 AM
I personally think they should wait 2-3 more years to come out with a new console. We're just now starting Nanotechnology. In 2-3 years, a console could really be amazing.

Looks like EA will once again try copying Victorious Boxers. I liked what I read, but I'm not holding my breath. If the game is ever actually better than a VB game, I'll GLADLY admit it. I hope I'm able to do so.

If EA had any sense, they'd hire the VB team to make their game. They already use Renderware like VB started. Now they're going to try capturing each boxer's style, like the VB series has done since their first game. VB All-stars might actually get a US release. Its too bad VB2 didn't get the US release. All-Stars has slightly better gameplay than VB2, but VB2 has Boxer's Road, which that alone is worth owning that game for.

Boxer's Road is by far the best career mode EVER. Fight Night Round 3 will not top Boxer's Road, I can almost guarantee that. And there is no way in hell I ever see EA making a game with boxers having as many attributes. In VB2, they have all the major muscle groups. They have you train your forearm muscles and biceps (bracials) separately. There are easily 50 different attributes. I'm not sure exactly how many, but at least that many.

VB2 differentiates between Hand speed and Footspeed. Heavy punch power and solid punch power. Rush Stamina, Stamina, and Endurance. Plenty more stats. The game is quite amazing. It is the best boxing simulation ever.

Maybe EA will finally live up to expectations. If they make a better game than VB2 or All-Stars, that will be saying A LOT. I do respect EA and appreciate them continuing to make boxing games even though they have no direct competition. The Victorious Boxers series is only for the real, hardcore boxing fans. So it'll never be a threat to Fight Night in the Western world.

POETICDRINK2U
09-18-2005, 06:45 PM
After all the mail EA was flooded with and the survey they had posted I think we might get a shocker.

TheBrownBomber22
09-20-2005, 02:13 PM
good news.

short message

masterdirector
09-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Marble Madness for Atari is better than f'n Madden.

Linx
10-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Damn, sounds great. Can't wait for it to come out.

masterdirector
10-29-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm skeptical, the more and more I think about it. I just feel since it is EA, they'll find a way to ruin it, cheapen the different styles. They need to just hire the Victorious Boxers crew, problem solved.

POETICDRINK2U
10-29-2005, 08:50 PM
I think EA is going to do us proud with the Next-Gen.They actually had taken time to ask for what we wanted in the game with a survey and questionnaire.

???
11-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Whoa! I know who's going to buy a copy!

Undefeated
12-01-2005, 05:41 AM
fight night 3 is gonna take over i cant wait for it to come out!! hahah lol

masterdirector
12-07-2005, 12:01 AM
I watched a recent Fight Night R3 video and I was very unimpressed. Now, the fighters look very realistic, but the gameplay is pretty damn horrible.

http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3140626

Go download the latest gameplay video there. You'll see what I mean.

So far, they haven't implimented having every boxer's distinct style like they claimed. It is supposed to come out 1/16/2006 for the Xbox360. I don't see how they'll pull it off. I expect the game to be a disappointment. And it looks like, from the video, that the ****** ass haymakers are back. I hope not.

Counter punches should do equal damage to haymakers, at least equal damage. Realistically it would do more damage.

joeboxer
12-07-2005, 01:13 AM
I also came a little from the article.

joeboxer
12-07-2005, 01:19 AM
I watched a recent Fight Night R3 video and I was very unimpressed. Now, the fighters look very realistic, but the gameplay is pretty damn horrible.

http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3140626

Go download the latest gameplay video there. You'll see what I mean.

So far, they haven't implimented having every boxer's distinct style like they claimed. It is supposed to come out 1/16/2006 for the Xbox360. I don't see how they'll pull it off. I expect the game to be a disappointment. And it looks like, from the video, that the ****** ass haymakers are back. I hope not.

Counter punches should do equal damage to haymakers, at least equal damage. Realistically it would do more damage.

that video is 6 months old.

masterdirector
12-07-2005, 02:14 AM
that video is 6 months old.

no it isn't. you got the May video. Get the one from November, 2005. That isn't an old video, its brand new, lol.

Here is the direct link for Windows Media Player:

http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/fnr3_nov06_trailer_640x360.zip

or for Quicktime here:
http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/fnr3_nov06_trailer_quick.zip

Watch that clip.

masterdirector
12-07-2005, 02:27 AM
And for those that think haymakers are better than counter punches, this is just two idiots in a basement or some ****, but watch this clip:

http://www.break.com/articles/punchout.html

Counters kill.

joeboxer
12-07-2005, 02:33 AM
i agree with you. it doesn't look like boxer styles are incorporated at all.

Maybe what they ment was when you fight tyson he comes at you, and when you fight chris bryd he runs away?

masterdirector
12-07-2005, 03:38 AM
i agree with you. it doesn't look like boxer styles are incorporated at all.

Maybe what they ment was when you fight tyson he comes at you, and when you fight chris bryd he runs away?

Well here is what that article from a magazine said:

"althought boxers in R2 all fought the same, fighters in R3 with be like their real life counterparts...though fast on his feet and hands, Ali in Round 2 fought like any other fighter...the goal with R3 is to capture the styles of EACH boxer so exactly that they are all identifiable by the way the move and fight...
-EVERY BOXER IN THE GAME WILL NOW HAVE AN INDIVIDUAL FIGHTING STYLE with unique strengths and weaknesses...by studying their tapes and working with experts in different aspects of boxing, you can better cope with their advantages. "

Undefeated
12-10-2005, 04:38 PM
damn this game is going to be ridiculous lol i cant wait till it comes out!!! just reading all of this making me wanna play it more lol

Verstyle
12-10-2005, 04:49 PM
all im thinking is if they have the 90 and beyond tyson i can make his ass go to the gym(like he didnt do in real life) and get all his stamina super high and then take him out to see how he fights with the other guys. but im thinkin they will put 80s tyson on there. plus they have there own fighting styles. i think tyson will be alot of ppls favorites!!

masterdirector
12-13-2005, 02:45 AM
oh I wanted to make it clear that I'll definitely get FN R3, even though I doubt it'll be anywhere near as good as the VB games. I've bought every real boxing game made basically. Not Frank Bruno boxing or Naseem boxing, but you know what I mean. I even bought HBO Boxing and Tyson Heavyweight boxing. Of course I'll buy this one. Just hope they lose the ****ing haymakers, among many other improvements.

Verstyle
12-13-2005, 02:48 AM
on fn rd 2 i was rocky fighting ali and i was throwin nuttin but haymakers at him the whole time gettin him hurt every sngle time and knockin him down but on the 10th rd they stopped it cause of my cuts. isnt that some ****

masterdirector
12-13-2005, 06:13 AM
on fn rd 2 i was rocky fighting ali and i was throwin nuttin but haymakers at him the whole time gettin him hurt every sngle time and knockin him down but on the 10th rd they stopped it cause of my cuts. isnt that some ****

especially considering how highly over attributed they have Marciano.

Well, Marciano beat Ali in their real fight. He should be listed as 50-0 I guess.

Brassangel
12-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Unfortunately, the haymakers are back. I heard that they will play less of a role than they did in Fight Night Round 2. I hate the haymakers, period. When you play the game (FNR2) on a difficult setting, the opponents will throw these the entire match and rarely get tired. The haymakers are far too accurate. When a heavyweight boxer actually uses a haymaker in a real life setting, it's either when he is in a desparate situation, or the other guy is about to go down. I would like to see them gone; or we should at least have the option to turn them off. Counter-punching, or simply landing an undefended hook from a guy like Tyson or Frazier should be more powerful and accurate than a haymaker.

I am excited, however, to see that they will expand the legends and current boxer selection. I imagine the styles was a feature that the game designers won't have ready until the last minute. I also think that the game has been pushed back to February/March for the 360. Hopefully the designers will take the time to correct the fundamental flaws with it's previous two games. After all, the look of a fighter isn't the most important thing. I'd take a game that looked bad if it played realistically.

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

masterdirector
12-19-2005, 10:22 PM
notice how the cpu can throw endless haymakers and have virtually no stamina loss but you get stamina loss like crazy for throwing even close to the same, even if stamina stats for the fighters are the same? It is part of what I like to call the "Bull**** factor" in video games. They cheat! ****ing ****** CPU cheats, I don't care what anybody says.

masterdirector
12-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Well, there are only going to be 32 fighters in this year's game. Next Generation console, all that room now, and still a ****ty number of fighters. I did think they'd have at least 50 fighters this time. 32 fighters spread over 5 weight divisions. And of course a lot of them won't be in their true weight class again. How could they be with that few of fighters?

And for those that want to defend it by saying there isn't enough room for the current gen consoles, that is wrong. Victorious Boxers 2 had hell I don't even know, easily over 500 fighters on it. Every weight class represented. Hell, VB1 had around 50 fighters on it.

Other EA boxing titles have had more fighters on them. Yes, I know, these fighters are more detailed, blah blah blah, that is true, it probably takes a lot more memory for one fighter. And hell, the game will of course have probably 50 fake fighters per weight class, for 5 weight classes. They should get more fighters than they have. I know they have to get each fighter individually, but they go about it all wrong.

They should go directly to the promoters and say "look, we've got this game. You want your fighter to get some exposure? We'll put him in the game and people will want to see him fight. They'll recognize his name and say 'Hey that dude is on Fight Night, I'd better check out his fight.'"

How many of you tuned in to watch Mike Anchondo because you'd heard of him on Fight Night? I know I did. He was the person that least belonged on FN, so I wanted to see who the hell he was. I remember Vernon Forrest had made it onto KO Kings 2001 before he had even been considered as an opponent for Mosley. And Forrest turned out to be a surprise. So I thought maybe Anchondo would.

I'd take ANY real fighter they would be willing to put on the game over a fake one any day. Put Reggie Strickland on it, **** I don't care. I'm not expecting them to carefully map out the styles of ****ty fighters like that, just the top fighters of course. But it'd be nice to have those others on there.