View Full Version : improve stamina/endurance?

Pooch
08-16-2005, 03:29 AM
just started sparring and after a couple of rounds im completley exhausted........is running long distance the only way of improving my stamina?

Tha Greatest
08-16-2005, 03:44 AM
just started sparring and after a couple of rounds im completley exhausted........is running long distance the only way of improving my stamina?

Well, sparring is great for stamina...

Running is also great, try to do less distance but higher intensity for stamina...sprints, etc.

Hit the heavy bags, and when u suckin wind, hit harder!

GreenTea
08-16-2005, 05:51 AM
Have a mouthpiece in your mouth whenever or whatever you are training. Breath through your nose.

Work with high intensity one round more that you are going do in the actual fight. One minute active rest between the rounds.

Examples:

- Throw jab-cross combination whole 3 min as fast as you can.
- Throw the hooks
- Throw the uppercuts
- Shadowbox ( hit and move, move and hit with high intensity )
- Four punch combinations ( same as before )

Pooch
08-16-2005, 05:54 AM
thanks guys appreciate the replys.

green tea should i use mouth guard while running aswell?

also the combos do you mean on the bag or in actual sparring?

msocearnaigh
08-16-2005, 06:09 AM
1 tip i found great was to do a bit of shadow boxing while i was watching the telly,during the ad breaks was ideal(over here ads are roughly 3minutes long). dont move around,stand in the one spot and keep throwing out a jab with the odd cross,keep it simple.when i get tired i drop my hands and this really helped me.hope its of some use to you.

GreenTea
08-16-2005, 06:52 AM
thanks guys appreciate the replys.

green tea should i use mouth guard while running aswell?

also the combos do you mean on the bag or in actual sparring?

Yes. You should have the mouth piece always in your mouth when you are training and you should breath through your nose as far as it is possible.

You have to work with the combos and the other examples to increase your stamina so that you are capable to survive the whole sparring session or the competition.
When you are sparring or fighting you should do it wisely. There the most important thing is that youŽll stay as relaxed as possible, otherwise you tense yourself out.

It makes no difference if you are punching the bag or are you just shadowboxing. The most important thing is that you do the exercises as fast as you can during the whole 3 minutes. It would be great if you have time to do these things every day, otherwise you canŽt progress as you should. Whenever you feel that the exercise wasnŽt so hard anymore you should increase the intensity or the number of rounds. The last but not the least thing is that you should train as versatile as you just can. It is the key to the progress.

Eat and live healthy and sleep well.

Pooch
08-16-2005, 07:02 AM
Thanks mate.

EXIGE
08-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Thanks mate.
Pooch what part of England you from?

And also tell me what gym you go to, i might know it if its anywhere in London or around it.