View Full Version : Music you like working out to

Toy Story 3
11-09-2010, 05:15 PM
What music do you like listening to when you work out ? Any particular song that gets you started or motivated ?

Bronsky
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
NY hood rap

sweetpea87
11-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I love funk music, and the only workouts I usually do is jumping rope, so that is perfect for keeping a rhythm and getting into the workout. If I'm doing any kind of muscle training I like to listen to death metal or other types of extreme music.

Bronsky
11-09-2010, 07:02 PM
What's funk music?

sweetpea87
11-09-2010, 08:38 PM
What's funk music?

The best music ever! It's like upbeat soul music. Mostly driven by the bass and drums, and usually has a great horn line to it. If you say you like rap music, almost every rapper I have ever heard, especially from the 80's-90's has sampled some funk song for their beat. James Brown made it famous if that helps at all.

Bronsky
11-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Alrigh now I know what you mean, old school funk. At first I was thinking something crazy like triphop mixed with some other craziness. But yeah, that's good for catching rhythm.

Barnburner
11-10-2010, 11:58 AM
A variation but, mainly Rock.

Baptist
11-10-2010, 01:13 PM
High on Fire or something heavy and fast if I'm doing strength exercises

Prodigy or Black Sun Empire if I'm skipping

Toy Story 3
11-10-2010, 01:24 PM
some of the guys at the gym like heavy metal, I can't get into it lol. But sometimes they play country radio station, can't get motivated with that either lol. Just bought an ipod. Drake Forever is a good starter song for me.

TintaBoricua
11-10-2010, 01:46 PM
What music do you like listening to when you work out ? Any particular song that gets you started or motivated ?

Currently in my Ipod:

FEELING SERIOUS:
Moment of Truth- Gangstarr
Full Clip- Gangstarr
Thunderstruck- AC/DC
El Hornazo- El Cartel
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Kanye remix)
I still have a soul- Epic Score
Shorty wanna'be a thug- Tupac

I have other songs I put on when I jog, but those are, uhh...guilty pleasures. Gilbert O'Sullivan...nuff said. Good tune, but not the kind you put in a gym full of guys pumping iron. They'd drop their barbells and look at you like, "*****', what's wrong witchu?!"

:rofl:

baya
11-10-2010, 01:50 PM
RATM
Biggie
Big Pun
Arctic Monkeys
White Stripes
Jay Z
QOTSA
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Buju Bonton

Toy Story 3
11-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Currently in my Ipod:

FEELING SERIOUS:
Moment of Truth- Gangstarr
Full Clip- Gangstarr
Thunderstruck- AC/DC
El Hornazo- El Cartel
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Kanye remix)
I still have a soul- Epic Score
Shorty wanna'be a thug- Tupac

I have other songs I put on when I jog, but those are, uhh...guilty pleasures. Gilbert O'Sullivan...nuff said. Good tune, but not the kind you put in a gym full of guys pumping iron. They'd drop their barbells and look at you like, "*****', what's wrong witchu?!"

:rofl:

LOL I understand. We all have guilty pleasure songs so I totally know what you mean. I'll put it in my ipod but not a cd to jam in the gym.

SBleeder
11-11-2010, 07:33 AM
I personally cannot listen to music while I'm training. If my gym started playing music I would go somewhere else. I like being able to focus.

F l i c k e r
11-15-2010, 12:08 AM
fast songs.

can be any genre just as long as it is fast.