View Full Version : How Good Are You At Press Up's?

Perfect Plex
11-09-2010, 10:27 AM
???
???
???

TheRealTruth321
11-09-2010, 10:36 AM
What on earth are you smoking?

How good am I? I dont get that question much, but I do sets of 50 at a time... normally 200 a day, different ones (hands wide, diamonds, claps..)

Some boxers do soooo many more, I once heard Vic Darchinyan does 1,500 a day. (I doubt all at once lol!!) more likely sets of 200 every hour or something.

How good are you?

josh-hill
11-09-2010, 11:21 AM
bad man, real bad. i cajn only do 30 in one go. but much less if i have been running and ****. just found out i can do those ones whith your hands near your waist so im gunna start with them.

Ukr_Alex
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm so good that no one even believes how good I am. I think I could do them competitively...Maybe it has to do something with the fact that I've been doing them since I was 15 on regular basis without ever taking a break.

If you make me drop right now I can easily do 200 in one set.

When I wanted to get big in school and didnt have money for the gym all I used to do was pushups. Sets of 100x10, two or three times a day. So that's 2000-3000 push ups a day. Id do a 100, take a 2-3min break. When I reach 500 Id take 15min off, then continue with 2-3min breaks.

I stopped doing that though since I just go to the gym now. But on my off days I still do 100x6.

Aperion
11-09-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm so good that no one even believes how good I am. I think I could do them competitively...Maybe it has to do something with the fact that I've been doing them since I was 15 on regular basis without ever taking a break.

When I wanted to get big in school and didnt have money for the gym all I used to do was pushups. Sets of 100x10, two or three times a day. So that's 2000-3000 push ups a day. Id do a 100, take a 2-3min break. When I reach 500 Id take 15min off, then continue with 2-3min breaks.

I stopped doing that though since I just go to the gym now. But on my off days I still do 100x6.

Geeze, thanks - you just made me feel like a total wimp, lol. I try to do a 100 during the day at the office and I thought I was Mr. Bigman for just doing that!

Ukr_Alex
11-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Geeze, thanks - you just made me feel like a total wimp, lol. I try to do a 100 during the day at the office and I thought I was Mr. Bigman for just doing that!

Most people can't do 100. But yea, push ups is that odd thing that I am very very good at.

On the other hand I can't run for my life. If you were to tell me to run around the block right now, I would have to stop at least once to get some air. Its damn embarrassing...really need to work on that.

bernardotelo
11-09-2010, 12:29 PM
sometimes i can do 15 in a row without effort but i have real trouble afterwards its so hard to go down and up

Perfect Plex
11-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Wow thats impressive. I've really started doing them now. Am doing around 100 to 110 press up's a day. Doing 10 to 20 in one set.

You think if i keep doing them I will improve and be able to get more & more out in one go?

And is true they also improve abs aswell as shoulders & biceps?

Holtol
11-09-2010, 03:55 PM

Some people are naturally good at push ups. The world record is about 10,000 non stop. I was never that good at push ups in my mid 20s I had worked my way up to about 70. These days I would have a hard time doing 20 push ups.

One more round
11-09-2010, 03:57 PM
I can do about 70 something straight in one set, but that is pushing myself. I could maybe even get past 80, seeing as I have gotten much stronger of late.

alza1988
11-09-2010, 05:05 PM
I used to do hundereds of push-ups man loved them .These are my best ones , 1 arm elbow in these and I can just about do treble clap .Could probably in days ain't got time tho working on my boxing skill most the time now and conditioning .
http://beastskills.com/OneArmPushup.htm

Ukr_Alex
11-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Wow thats impressive. I've really started doing them now. Am doing around 100 to 110 press up's a day. Doing 10 to 20 in one set.

You think if i keep doing them I will improve and be able to get more & more out in one go?

And is true they also improve abs aswell as shoulders & biceps?

Honestly just when I started I was already above average in rep and number of sets...But yes as with anything it'll improve. Just takes a lot of time.

And yes its true. If you have good form you'll feel your abs tighten as you do them. Shoulders and tricpes as well.

I dont think it has much affect on biceps though...Id say I was always overdeveloped in the chest area in comparison to my biceps just from push ups alone.

But overall its a great exercise.

Perfect Plex
11-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Honestly just when I started I was already above average in rep and number of sets...But yes as with anything it'll improve. Just takes a lot of time.

And yes its true. If you have good form you'll feel your abs tighten as you do them. Shoulders and tricpes as well.

I dont think it has much affect on biceps though...Id say I was always overdeveloped in the chest area in comparison to my biceps just from push ups alone.

But overall its a great exercise.

Would you say there better than weights?

Jack3d
11-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I haven't done regular push ups in a long time.

I do blast strap push-ups though.

Spray_resistant
11-10-2010, 01:06 AM
I can do about 90-105 depending on how I feel but generally I just mix in 3 sets of 15 inclines in during my chest routines.

boxer2k5
11-10-2010, 01:18 AM
wth is a press up

boxer2k5
11-10-2010, 01:20 AM
if you mean push up well i do a countdown. starting from 20 or 25.

do 20 pushups stand up go down do 19 stand up all way down to 1.

blaze778
11-10-2010, 01:28 AM
I can do about a hundred without stopping.

I start really tensing up when I get to 60-70.

But it's pointless. I don't do any more than 50 per set.

I also love doing sets of 25 clap push ups. Can't go as high as this guy, but I try:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B3Lal6GLU38?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B3Lal6GLU38?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Boxfan12
11-10-2010, 01:42 AM
I can do 100+ with out stoping... But I focus on form and try to go slow... Ive noticed a diffrence in chest and triceps more so then the biceps.

paulsinghnl
11-10-2010, 07:01 AM
I can do about a hundred without stopping.

I start really tensing up when I get to 60-70.

But it's pointless. I don't do any more than 50 per set.

I also love doing sets of 25 clap push ups. Can't go as high as this guy, but I try:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B3Lal6GLU38?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B3Lal6GLU38?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

a buddy of mine did these too, but much faster, would crank out 30 reps while the rest of us would still be doing regular ones. dude could punch like a f-in beast! of course, he's a fitness trainer now with his own gym.

anyway, at my peak, when i was really working out well, i would easily do 100 pushups in 1 set and then do a boxing workout. it would burn but i could handle it.

i havent been in the gym religiously in a while now, so i'm probably down to sets of 30 reps. could probably do 5 sets before i start getting difficulties due to the belly.

a good pressup u need to tighten those abs and squeeze those butt cheeks too.

Crazylegs77
11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
as long as my arms arent already fatigued they getting pretty easy now but towards the end of the sets the last reps take quite a bit of effort/focus, whats funny is if I let my mind wander or think negative they seem a lot harder

the niggest
11-15-2010, 08:58 AM
70 in one go is the most... But idk, that depends. Some days I struggle to get over 50...

alza1988
11-15-2010, 09:20 AM
I do them as part of my conditioning as well man .Only difference is with conditioning it's not full proper push ups it's speed like 3 quarter reps race .Rosstraining full throttle conditioning explained that and I now love this way of training it's intense .
http://www.rosstraining.com/fullthrottleconditioning.html
I added up over 2 days what i'd done Friday and Saturday and it came to .
400 squatthrust's 400 squats 400 push ups 800 jumping jacks and 4000 punches . That's training twice a day tho for 2 days , 4 circuits but a good we number .