View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] Fight Night Champion: going back to basics in brutal style

POETICDRINK2U
11-08-2010, 03:36 PM
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/fight-night-champion/preview/fight-night-champion-going-back-to-basics-in-brutal-style/a-2010110814438905090/g-20100720124243272036

Gamesradar has posted their Fight Night Champion preview.

"Stopping a rival boxer from punching you into two weeks on Tuesday in previous Fight Nights was a tad cheap. You could basically just hold down the block button with a bit of stick shimmying and suck up most of their punches like a six pack-sporting sponge. But that’s all changed. Champion encourages you to parry blows precisely with its Reflexive Blocking System. If you tap the right trigger and judge the right direction a punch is going to hit you from, you’ll automatically knock your opponent's glove away, letting you move in for a counter punch.

Leaning has also been changed. Where before you could just rotate the stick to make your boxer lean in and out of shots, now you hold the modifier down and simply flick the stick to start moving about like the world’s most punchy mambo dancer."

UntiltheNxtRnd
11-08-2010, 06:01 PM
To be honest I was excited when I saw this article when it first saw, but after read it I just shook my head at how off they were....wow...this article doesn't do the Gametest we did any justice. Can't wait to give my in detailed impressions. Just waiting for this embargo to be lifted....:grumpy:

Mersey
11-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Fight Night 3 styke parrying?!?! :omfg: Please no

McFearless
11-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Fight Night 3 styke parrying?!?! :omfg: Please no

Exactly what I was thinking

-Hyperion-
11-08-2010, 09:27 PM
ugh i hope the new parry is not the same as the 3 second freeze parries in fnr3 or the freeze counterpunch in fnr4.....

BG_Knocc_Out
11-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Even though boxers do parry to an extent when blocking, Fight Night series has blown that "technique" up for arcadey purposes. Why can't EA just learn from their mother fvcking mistakes instead of trying to justify them with not much worse developments??

Andre Wardttke
11-10-2010, 11:58 AM
The article has to be a spoof or something because none of those features are new, or liked and if you click the link the article has been taken down.

If you tap the right trigger and judge the right direction a punch is going to hit you from, you***8217;ll automatically knock your opponent's glove away, letting you move in for a counter punch.

The biggest gripe of FNR3 making a return? I doubt it.

now you hold the modifier down and simply flick the stick to start moving about like the world***8217;s most punchy mambo dancer."

Like everyone does online already and something EA said they were going to address. I doubt they'd promote this as a feature.

The article has been taken down, more than likely a joke.

msagrain
11-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Boxing is pointless on a games console. Its like playing darts on the wii. Just play it for fooking real.

POETICDRINK2U
11-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Boxing is pointless on a games console. Its like playing darts on the wii. Just play it for fooking real.

I did the sport, I want it in a game.

DIB42
11-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Couple things, Poetic, you're good with the boys at EA canada, just tell them to just get rid of everything arcadey, and make it an actual f*ckin' sim. Thats what people want, thats what they ask for every couple years, and thats the only thing that Ea never provides, we don't care about "awesome new features" we just want a real boxing sim. I don't care how thin the gameplay is, if i can get an actual boxing sim and play it online, i'll never need another game.

also, remember you're one of us, don't get caught up in the EA hype machine, make sure you know exactly what is in the game, how its excuted, and etc.

with you're boxing experience, alot of us gamers/boxing fans look up to you and your opinion of the game, we don't want their hype on career mode, physics, online play and mystery modes. We want to hear your opinion of the game, and how close it has finally came to the game we've been looking for all these years. How it leans on the side of sim or on the side of arcade.

etc etc

Keep up the good work fine sir,
but please remember, you don't sell the game, you buy the game.

Thanks

POETICDRINK2U
11-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Couple things, Poetic, you're good with the boys at EA canada, just tell them to just get rid of everything arcadey, and make it an actual f*ckin' sim. Thats what people want, thats what they ask for every couple years, and thats the only thing that Ea never provides, we don't care about "awesome new features" we just want a real boxing sim. I don't care how thin the gameplay is, if i can get an actual boxing sim and play it online, i'll never need another game.

also, remember you're one of us, don't get caught up in the EA hype machine, make sure you know exactly what is in the game, how its excuted, and etc.

with you're boxing experience, alot of us gamers/boxing fans look up to you and your opinion of the game, we don't want their hype on career mode, physics, online play and mystery modes. We want to hear your opinion of the game, and how close it has finally came to the game we've been looking for all these years. How it leans on the side of sim or on the side of arcade.

etc etc

Keep up the good work fine sir,
but please remember, you don't sell the game, you buy the game.

Thanks

I totally understand what you are saying. I'm very vocal in the EA forums and always tell them what the boxing realist fans want. I got let go of my job as a EA Senior Moderator because of being so vocal about wa was my dislikes.

....but don't get me wrong there were two guys who went to EA that are podcast co-host of mines. They went up to EA Canada with us in mind. They reassured me we will be happy.

One of them told me this,
“We want the game to sell. What the hardcore guys need to realize is that the casual gamers help sell games, the casuals pay for the features that the hardcore fans want. We have to focus on increasing the market and growing in sales, to give the die-hard fans what they want. Casual gamers are essential, and we want to draw in fans that may have never picked up a boxing game before.” Mike Mahar

He also told me they have us covered well. They can't tell me anything right now because of the NDA. I hate being on the outside for information. The producers only answer my emails now if something has been talked about, if it's real boxing talk or giving them suggestion, wishes or ideas.

*UntiltheNxtRnd is one of 2 people I have faith in right now, because they have worked with me on different projects for Fight Night.

DIB42
11-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Bummer you lost the senior moderator gig, bad move on their part imo. Seems to me it'd make more sense to keep someone who's well known on several different forums as a mod. Then again, they've been in the biz a long time, and i'm not in the biz at all.

intoccabile
11-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Why did that article sound like all they did was rehash the EA MMA system?

LeanModifier and Parry modifier are exactly the same, play EA MMA and see for yourself.

I'm guessing the POWER PUNCH modifier will be what in EA MMA is the "kick" button, too.

UntiltheNxtRnd
11-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Can't comment on a lot of stuff, but look for my impressions post with more details on gameplay and legacy around saturday.....I'll let y'all know,,,not all the details but enough to get y'all ready....