View Full Version : Need ideas

jiggyjag
08-14-2005, 04:13 AM
Boxing Scene bro's,

I have recently been doing a great training cycle and have sparred great, I had a fight on Saturday and did horrid. Everything I practiced,went out the window. So I ask for your advice on how to fix issues so my next fight is great.

1. I can't deal with pressure{in the gym sparring all my partners either let me come at them or they counter punch and footwork. So the question on the top of the list, how do I deal with pressure someone coming at me?

2. I worked alot on stance and punching combo's but when i get tagged i go into arm swinging and slapping with my hands. Not sure if this is just I get hit hard and I go into all out attack instead of thinking and planning and slipping shots.

3. Slipping shot, in the gym I can slip everything but in fights I get tagged and it's just swinging no defensive moves at all.

Now part of the issue I found is I think I not warmed up properly but I think it has more to do than that. I also think it may have something to do with I am not used to the gloves and head gear since the one's I train with are totally different.

Any help would be much appreicated,

JJ

P.S.
If I could figure out a way to put my footage into my pc and online, I would so you can see what I mean. Sparring great and fights..not so much. I always thought it was lots of people vs. no people in the gym but I tune everything around me out.

boxer2k5
08-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Boxing Scene bro's,

1. I can't deal with pressure{in the gym sparring all my partners either let me come at them or they counter punch and footwork. So the question on the top of the list, how do I deal with pressure someone coming at me?

B2K5
your coach needs to make them come at you hard
you need to spar harder and against better comp
personally alot of this stuff your coach needs to tell you
and should know

2. I worked alot on stance and punching combo's but when i get tagged i go into arm swinging and slapping with my hands. Not sure if this is just I get hit hard and I go into all out attack instead of thinking and planning and slipping shots.

B2K5
all this stuff will coem from experience
how many fights did you have
you will start to get more comfortable
fightign as you have mroe

3. Slipping shot, in the gym I can slip everything but in fights I get tagged and it's just swinging no defensive moves at all.

B2K5
again have your sparring partners fight you hard
you are expecting their shots
your not expecting your opponent shots
you need to spar with other people
and have them at least come at you 80%

Now part of the issue I found is I think I not warmed up properly but I think it has more to do than that. I also think it may have something to do with I am not used to the gloves and head gear since the one's I train with are totally different.

B2K5
i dont know me and my coach warm up
but im ready to go with just stretching
we jsut do some lil pad work
and thats it

and dont make excuses
jsut take the lost and build on it
get better and stay focused

P.S.
If I could figure out a way to put my footage into my pc and online, I would so you can see what I mean. Sparring great and fights..not so much. I always thought it was lots of people vs. no people in the gym but I tune everything around me out.

if you can upload straight from your camera
then thats it
but if its on tape you need a capture card
i need one because my camera broke and i have bunch of tapes

zip
08-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Boxing Scene bro's,

I have recently been doing a great training cycle and have sparred great, I had a fight on Saturday and did horrid. Everything I practiced,went out the window. So I ask for your advice on how to fix issues so my next fight is great.

JJ

P.S.

my first fight was exactly like that, in your next fight, dont think "i have to do this and that" just go in and go with the flow. becase you probably have worked hard and have all the skills in your back, they will come out themself.

lowkey77
08-15-2005, 11:25 PM
B2k5 has it dead on. Basically add a veriety to your sparring partners. it seems like the ones you are using now are makin u soft ;)
I found that tying someone up when they charge you takes a little fire out of them.'
what city you in? I'll step in and charge ya....heh!

jiggyjag
08-16-2005, 01:58 PM
I thank you all for the ideas...oh hey lowkey77...I live in Kansas

lowkey77
08-16-2005, 10:22 PM
well, when you get in the ring, ahem, you are not in kansas anymore

(i am sorry all, that was too easy and had to be said)

Hunna
08-17-2005, 01:35 AM
Boxing Scene bro's,

JJ

P.S.

its all good man, dont panic, u cant be world champ overnight.
looks like u still a novice, there are heaps of good experienced fighters out there who lost like there first 5 fites. its all experience, the more sparring and fites u get, the better u get, trust me!