View Full Version : my fight 6th one ends in knockdowns 3rd round is the best

pyrovamp
11-03-2010, 02:17 PM
<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7Zwj5lJlSM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7Zwj5lJlSM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

I'm dude in the blue, also tell me which fighter I should base my style off of

bernardotelo
11-03-2010, 06:27 PM
are the gloves to heavy lol? you seem to put your hands down alot
and you should use your reach advantage or do you think you just have big arms because you descend from the monkey? watched till 1:55 to bored lol

Boxfan12
11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Wow your a jerk.. Atleast homie puts his videos up here. Where's yours? Never knock a person who steps into the ring... Instead give him some tips.

Toy Story 3
11-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Wow your a jerk.. Atleast homie puts his videos up here. Where's yours? Never knock a person who steps into the ring... Instead give him some tips.

I agree with that.
To the fighter, you looked flat footed in this fight and dropped your hands a lot. It kind of looked like you were playing with him. Your punches are a little wild and sloppy but it's all good just work on it more in training. Also was it the kid you were fighting first fight ? It looked like it to me. You got the win and winning is winning. But yeah just work on some of those things more, good thing you got film to study yourself now.

Domey
11-03-2010, 08:00 PM
First of all, before even commenting on the video if I even do, "Which style should I base my style off of". The simple answer, is yourself. Fight how you fight, it's a natural instinct and trying to mimic other people will just lead to mistakes and bad habbits.

I am a little over 1 minute into this fight, and I haven't seen much of anything. You threw your first jab at like 1:12, which is absurd. Not only that, you are doing nothing but waiting, and holding your hands low. This is amatures, you need to pick this pace up and throw "punches in bunches", not just wild counters hoping they will land.

You're flat footed and just standing around waiting. You are sticking your chin very far out. You are holding your hands very low.

Nice job on the win, but you have a ton to work on. Not trying to dog on you, but if this kid was not scared to get hit and had any form at all, he would of eaten you up. You will get by as a novice on strength alone, but you having 6 fights and still fighting like this, I worry about when you hit open.

Hopefully you can learn and work on this, and your trainer should be really focusing on these things.

Best of luck.

1 HitterQuitter
11-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Personally I feel your standing to straight up but thats just me

toehead
11-04-2010, 04:32 AM
I liked it for the most part, you did what you should have with the opponent you had in front of you. personally I like to see the hands way up but thats just me you may not be comfortable with that. what no one here is noticing probably because they have little to no expierience themselves but are always quick to play "armchair quarterback" is that the boxer in red is very akward and its hard to fight that kind of "style" as far as checking out pro's to base your style off look at the guys your build is close to check out Mark Breland, Michael Nunn etc.. there's nothing wrong with getting ideas from other fighters everyone does it just put your own twist to it.

TheRealTruth321
11-04-2010, 06:54 AM
are the gloves to heavy lol? you seem to put your hands down alot
and you should use your reach advantage or do you think you just have big arms because you descend from the monkey? watched till 1:55 to bored lol

This guy above is an a hole.. what kind of help are you offering? Why even bother on a thread if your gonna be a c0ck about it... The guy needs help, so help or F/O.

Im a little busy at work so ill keep this short, I didnt get a chance to watch it all as my comp went all funny after a couple of minutes. I agree with the guy above me about your jab.. where is it homie? That guy is shorter than you so stick that jab in his face all night long.. I mean really hit him with it. He knows your bigger than him thats why he was backing up as soon as you threw punches. He leans in alot but you didnt hit him much while he made this mistake. Ask you trainer to help you out with uppercuts. You could of used them against this guy well.. Back to the jab, it would of killed this guy. Stick a jab in his face and follow it up with a right cross. He had no answer for this. Keep them hands up too, was it confidence causing you to drop them or fatigue? Either way, I'd try to correct it. Its a bad habit to pick up.

I'll try to watch the rest later and help you out mate.

Back to the guy I quoted, post your vids on here dude lets see if you can handle the critism you so easily give out. Happy hunting

Domey
11-04-2010, 07:42 AM
This guy above is an a hole.. what kind of help are you offering? Why even bother on a thread if your gonna be a c0ck about it... The guy needs help, so help or F/O.

Im a little busy at work so ill keep this short, I didnt get a chance to watch it all as my comp went all funny after a couple of minutes. I agree with the guy above me about your jab.. where is it homie? That guy is shorter than you so stick that jab in his face all night long.. I mean really hit him with it. He knows your bigger than him thats why he was backing up as soon as you threw punches. He leans in alot but you didnt hit him much while he made this mistake. Ask you trainer to help you out with uppercuts. You could of used them against this guy well.. Back to the jab, it would of killed this guy. Stick a jab in his face and follow it up with a right cross. He had no answer for this. Keep them hands up too, was it confidence causing you to drop them or fatigue? Either way, I'd try to correct it. Its a bad habit to pick up.

I'll try to watch the rest later and help you out mate.

Back to the guy I quoted, post your vids on here dude lets see if you can handle the critism you so easily give out. Happy hunting

The OP is absolutely correct, and that is what I was trying to get across. A jab alone would of won this fight, specially a nice stiff jab, yet you barely threw it and were just looking for a home run.

You are a big fighter, and have some nice arm length. Your bread and butter in the amatures is going to be just a simple Jab / Cross.

As far as the other fighter being awkward, that really doesn't apply much here. When it goes over a minute into a fight and someone hasn't thrown a jab, it raises a big red flag. Was he awkward? Sure, but he is a novice and many novice fighters are. He actually landed some nice shots on you from the short spots in the movie I watched. These punches were something you could of not only easily blocked had your hands been up, but you could of eliminated and offset anything he was trying to do with a jab alone.

TheTruthIs
11-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Good stuff. Work on straightening your punches out and it will help you to take advantage of height and range. Use jab to keep your range, straight right to exploit it. Hooks off of those. But you are right on track for that at 5-6 fights. it takes everyone a while to straighten out.

Domey
11-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Good stuff. Work on straightening your punches out and it will help you to take advantage of height and range. Use jab to keep your range, straight right to exploit it. Hooks off of those. But you are right on track for that at 5-6 fights. it takes everyone a while to straighten out.

I am not sure what fight you were watching, but for having 5-6 fights, this is not on the right track. If I didn't know this was his 6th fight, I would of guessed first or second, third at most.

There are no fundamentals in this fight. The jab was pretty much non existent, foot work was horrible, as well as being flat footed. Hands were low to start with, nevermind coming back after a punch. There were nothing but bombs being thrown and even then the punches were not even turned over fully.

I am not being an ******* and saying you suck or whatever, but you posted a video so I assume you want feed back. I am not someone who has stepped in a gym once or twice and knows everything. I've been in a gym my entire life, I have well over 70 amature fights with only 5 losses(3 of them being bull**** but that's another can of worms), have trained with, sparred, and even fought against(In the am's) past world champions. You can take some of my advice, or not. It won't bother me either way.

One more round
11-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Domey was correct. Too much swinging, hands too low, no jabs at all. You were really flat footed and open defensively. Keep your hands up. He made you pay at 0:34 with a clean shot right down the pipe. If you had a jab, a much smaller guy with not much skill like that wouldnt be able to get near you to land an easy shot like that.

You are tall, long and look pretty strong. Work on basic footwork, keeping your hands up, and developing a good jab and nice straight cross to work off. It is obvious you had the strength and power to stop this guy, but you could have really outclassed him as well with improvements.

You will have to start fighting better fighters soon. That other guy looked like he had had one or two fights, and he wasn't very good. And he was smaller too. If you had a competent fighter in front of you, you would have gotten outclassed. You need to really work on some stuff, because once you have had a few more fights, you could get matched with a guy who has had more than 20, and if you don't improve soon that will not end very well for you.

Boxfan12
11-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Pretty green and raw... I don't even judge people until after 3 or 4 fights... Gives them time to settle down in the ring. But then again I don't even let people sparr until after six months of training.

American_Ninja
11-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Not bad.
But, keep your hands up. Work off the jab. You are fortunate this kid didn't have any power, he clocked you pretty good a few times. Like some of the others said, use your own style. Stay in the gym, keep working.

Good Luck.

TheTruthIs
11-04-2010, 11:14 PM
I am not sure what fight you were watching...

lol I was trying to be polite, more because I've been a bit of a dick lately, and especially when ill-tempered starving from cutting.

That aside, meh...lots of people 5 or so fights still look pretty wild. Yea, he's got lots to work on, but who doesn't? Straightening out those punches would be a good start...as it ain't gonna happen without improving a lot of other things.

pyrovamp
11-04-2010, 11:59 PM
I understand the criticisms, left hand wasn't used much if you watch during the beginning my left shoulder popped out and it was painful to use the first 2 rounds. Third round I was able to get use of it. I will do another fight soon and I hope you guys see improvement thank you for the comments though.

Sven72
11-06-2010, 02:14 AM
Personally I feel your standing to straight up but thats just me

I agree, I think you fight to tall and when you throw your power punches your feet are all over the place. Get your range and when you're in position drop that weight and get your feet under you. You'll have loads more power.

Also you were popping those elbows out when you threw some of your straight punches, more experienced guys will read that and you'll be hitting air. Remember the punch that hurts em is the one they don't see coming

Otherwise, nice work man, its **** loads harder in the ring than it is watching from the outside. Respect to you for doing what most people are to scared to do.

Golden Boi 360
11-06-2010, 10:45 AM
what weight is this?

Joachim
11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I understand I'm supposted to be constructive and what not, But is this honestly your 6th fight? really... ?

XionComrade
11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Derp, are the gloves to heavy lol? you Herp to derp your hands down alot Herpa derpa derp!
and you should use your derp advantage or do you herp you just have big arms because you descend from the HHHNNNGHHHHHH? Herpa derpa derp, da herpa derpa durp! lol

True dat brother, true dat!

bernardotelo
12-11-2010, 10:52 AM
True dat brother, true dat!

yeah... at least you hat a hot chick on your sig

ChowAce
12-12-2010, 01:03 PM
I would say keep your hands up more and work on a nice jab. Your height is perfect for outside fighting and working alot with the jab.

Juof
12-12-2010, 07:41 PM
what weight are you?

Maxgaggi
12-27-2010, 02:47 PM
bruv...

i like the way ur calm in the ring and not throwing punches without thinking...but maybe you´re exagerating.
It looks like you don´t wanna be in there bruv, like if you´re in your 7th or 8th round.
Watch how almost every time you attack him you become superior for those 3 or 4 seconds. Do more of that, be more pro active.

Having said this, congrats on posting this video, not many people have the guts to post a video and recieve opened criticisms.

good luck with ur trainin champ

Gojira
12-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Loving the right hand at 7:43.

killsomething
12-27-2010, 10:05 PM
You've clearly got power and can take a punch, but it probably wouldn't hurt you to be more active. Also, your punch selection was pretty limited (3-2-3-2-3-2-etc), and you threw no body shots.

When you hit open class, you're going to have guys coming at you full-speed for 3 3-minute rounds, and they're going to be throwing all kinds of punches upstairs and downstairs.

So basically, with your size, power, and chin, I don't see why you shouldn't simply bulldoze your opponents. It'd be hella fun...