View Full Version : Bag Gloves: Ringside vs Title

St Lunatic
10-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Looking for some opinions and experience between the two brands: Ringside and Title. Want to buy a pair of bag gloves and don't know what brand to go with. Which one do you think is better? Why?

Thanks!

GymRat
10-30-2010, 02:54 AM
Never had anything good from Title except one pair of gloves and I've owned 10-15 Title products. Other than that one pair of gloves, they suck. Title is the other side of the coin of crap, the other and much worse side of that coin being Everlast.

I've got nothing but good to say about Ringside's products. It's a trade off. Title's products suck but their customer service and willingness to budge on shipping is A+. Meanwhile, Ringside's products are A+ but their customer service sucks and is dishonest, and their shipping is insane (not to mention is that worst of all their shipping is contracted out to UPS).

It's like crawling through ***** to get something good (Ringside) or crawling through an angel's pubic hair to get ***** (Title). Take your pick. I choose Ringside.

Bullrush
10-30-2010, 05:42 AM
title sucks. they rip people off and their products suck

ringside all the way

RAV3N
10-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Ringside sell good products, I would go ringside.

St Lunatic
10-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the responses.

What about LONSDALE? Anyone had experience with this brand?

Bullrush
10-30-2010, 01:27 PM
**** quality

New England
10-30-2010, 01:52 PM
I've got Title gloves of two different sizes (two pairs)

never used anything ringside but i've heard good things

my two pairs of title gloves both have small defects (small enough to get laughed at if i sent them back to the factory though)

one thumb is tighter than the thumb on the other glove in both pairs

they're not incredibly comfortable
they're not made with the greatest materials
and they're wearing out more quickly than my grant gloves

but they[title] are very reasonably priced (where else are you going to get a pair of 20 oz plus gloves for less than fifty bucks shipped to your front door within the week?)

anybody ever tried out title's boxing boots or their low cut shoes?
saw some on a pop up for mad cheap and was thinking about aquiring a pair

St Lunatic
10-31-2010, 02:31 AM
I also see the brands Fighting and Rival are sold... Anyone have any experience or thought on these?

boxingsmash69
10-31-2010, 02:35 AM
I've got Title gloves of two different sizes (two pairs)

never used anything ringside but i've heard good things

my two pairs of title gloves both have small defects (small enough to get laughed at if i sent them back to the factory though)

but they[title] are very reasonably priced (where else are you going to get a pair of 20 oz plus gloves for less than fifty bucks shipped to your front door within the week?)

anybody ever tried out title's boxing boots or their low cut shoes?
saw some on a pop up for mad cheap and was thinking about aquiring a pair

from here:

http://www.ringside.com/Everlast-Leather-Training-Gloves-Hook-Loop/productinfo/EVTGV/

FISHTIKS
11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
title sucks. they rip people off and their products suck

ringside all the way

You should tell us how Title "Ripped you off" personally.

It's amazing how many of your ****s ride the dick of Ringside and John Brown LLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLL

Sven72
11-05-2010, 04:58 AM
I've had a pair of Title Gels for a while now, and have been more than happy with them, for the price i think they're a bloody good glove.

I've also bought some 16oz Tuffwears from Title that i use for sparring. They're also nice but fit a little tighter than most brands.

Rival products are very very good. I've got Rival RB3 Mexican bag gloves and Rival Sparring gloves, both top quality. I've also got the Rival aero punch mitts and a speed bag.

The Rival mitts are better than the Winnings I've had.

Haven't tried any of the Fighting branded gear yet, but its apparently very well made.

Cuauhtémoc1520
11-05-2010, 12:05 PM
I've had a pair of Title Gels for a while now, and have been more than happy with them, for the price i think they're a bloody good glove.

I've also bought some 16oz Tuffwears from Title that i use for sparring. They're also nice but fit a little tighter than most brands.

Rival products are very very good. I've got Rival RB3 Mexican bag gloves and Rival Sparring gloves, both top quality. I've also got the Rival aero punch mitts and a speed bag.

The Rival mitts are better than the Winnings I've had.

Haven't tried any of the Fighting branded gear yet, but its apparently very well made.

Exactly, don't listen to people who dismiss Title as crap right away. The problem with BOTH Ringside and Title is you have to buy their better stuff to get good quality.

If you go with the cheaper stuff, it won't be very good, obviously.

Title's platinum series stuff is very good for the price. Also the Gel series is very good as well, I train with Gel Title gloves and they are very well made, fit nice and are comparable to anything out there in the market for quality of that price.

MartinM.
11-08-2010, 08:59 AM
I always liked ringside. I used to buy gloves from them, my last pair were the cheap (top contender) fight gloves that i used for mitts and multiple bags. Not sure if they sell them anymore, but they held up really well.

Vitez
11-08-2010, 07:33 PM
So how good are Twins 16oz compared to some of the other brand gloves?

St Lunatic
11-09-2010, 09:06 PM
i just got the Ringside IMF Tech (L) bag gloves and I have to say that I think they are horrible. First, they are way too small; I can't find my hands in there with my wraps on. then when I finally do squeeze my hands in there they fill cramped and my hands get really sore. After going a few rounds on the heavy bag I feel like I am not getting good contact with them and it feels like I punch weird. Anyone else have these problems?

Toy Story 3
11-09-2010, 09:30 PM

I gotta get my own pair of gloves. I've grown to really dislike title. I don't know what they had at my gym before, what brand but those were comfortable and nice gloves. Red gloves, damn I should of paid attention to the brand. They were worn out and old so they got title gloves for people to use. They're not very comfortable like you said, they got that thumb problem I notice it, and I hurt my hands easier for some reason now. I know it's not how I wrap my hands cause I wrap them way better than before. Has anybody tried "Reyes" gloves ? How are they ?

I just stumbled onto this youtube channel. Check it out, he gives his little "review/opinion" on different gloves/equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ratethisgear#p/u/0/EAumuj3Qy8o

boxing4fitness
11-11-2010, 02:36 AM
Gymrat is right. i tried both and they are good. it depends on what model or type of gloves your buying. buy the high end ones, you won't regret it. i love to use TITLE GEL® Hook-and-Loop World Training Gloves, really comfortable and great knuckle and wrist protection. you can check my site about boxing gloves "boxing-4-fitness.com/boxing-gloves.html" If you find it uselful, Please share it and LIKE it also. thanks
Santi