View Full Version : talk to be bout gloves

josh-hill
10-27-2010, 03:31 PM
ok so im looking at getting some gloves. i need them for bag training at home / gym and sparring. i realy dont have much money so as cheap as i can go without getting crap realy. what are the difference between bag, training and sparring gloves? i have seen all of them advertised. i would also like to go as heavy as possible. whats a good bet seeing as i can only afford one pair. if it was just bag work i would go for 20 Oz but i dont know if they will be ok for sparing. what should i get? cheers

Bullrush
10-27-2010, 03:51 PM
ringside IMF tech are some of the best gloves out there they are around 100 bucks i think, but you can really use them for everything.

bag gloves -> usually less but more denser padding to protect your hands
sparring gloves -> bigger & softer padding to protect your opponents face
training gloves are usually a mix between bag & sparring gloves. either that or just sparring gloves. some companies use that word for everything though to make more money

also i know 20oz doesnt sound a lot to beginners but when you wear them and work out with them for an hour you will feel it and get tired pretty fast. especially as a begginer because you havent really developed those muscles yet. lifting weights is not the same as training with 20 oz gloves on.

go for 14-16 oz gloves. 16 should be the max, and dont go lower than 10 or 12.

20 oz are ok for sparring but really you will be much slower, and they are pretty big which gives you lots of protection that you wont be able to count on when you compete in the amateurs where they have way smaller gloves. like i said go for 14-16 oz.

koboxer
10-27-2010, 03:55 PM
ok so im looking at getting some gloves. i need them for bag training at home / gym and sparring. i realy dont have much money so as cheap as i can go without getting crap realy. what are the difference between bag, training and sparring gloves? i have seen all of them advertised. i would also like to go as heavy as possible. whats a good bet seeing as i can only afford one pair. if it was just bag work i would go for 20 Oz but i dont know if they will be ok for sparing. what should i get? cheers
16 0z gloves mate,use them for bag work and sparring

i use rival gloves myself but everyone says ringside imf tech are the bollocks

go for them,they will be my next gloves

Dan-O-Mac
10-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Whats you price range? No point recommending gloves if we dont know how much you want to spend.

boxingsmash69
10-28-2010, 01:33 AM
I've said this a million times before, and I'll say it again. Definitely go for the Ringside IMF Tech Training gloves. Perfect gloves for sparring and/or bag work.

Get them in 16oz. It's the sparring standard size.

Check out ebay, that's where I got mine:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=ringside+imf&_sacat=See-All-Categories