View Full Version : pro boxers that use(ed) creatine ?

KnockOutPuncher
10-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Hello guyz , hope some of ya'll can help me...
are there any pro boxers that use creatine ??
i know that many of them lift weights, such as mosley,abraham,sturm,holyfield,mayweather,pavlik, and all the other boxers
Hope some of ya'll can help me out here...
I'm just intrested in which supplements/nutrition pro boxers such as mayweather,manny pacquiao,gamboa,abraham, and all other great fighters take

protein shakes might be on top of their list..
but what about creatine and etc.?

josh-hill
10-27-2010, 03:44 PM
noone realy. i am looking at creatine but have never used it. i think it adds muscle mass, but at the end of the day it is useless mass which is bad in boxing. so from a weight gain prospective it is useless. you dont want big muscles you want strong muscles wich you do still get from weightlifting. however the thing that interests me about creatine is apparently it helps muscles performance, endurance and recovery. those things are important to every athlete. however i am finding it hard to find any sort of proof these claims are true and if the difference is worth bothering to take it.

so i would guess none did. but i am guessing.

Banderivets
10-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I think some heavies would..........Sosnowski looked all pumped up like he could have been taking creatine......just the way his muscle bloated.

Clegg
10-28-2010, 04:37 PM
I think some heavies would..........Sosnowski looked all pumped up like he could have been taking creatine......just the way his muscle bloated.

To be honest I think Sosnowski looked to be using something a bit stronger than creatine.

BrooklynBomber
10-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Actually any number of boxers. Creating does not just help you build mass, it is a great recovery tool.

BrooklynBomber
10-28-2010, 09:19 PM
To be honest I think Sosnowski looked to be using something a bit stronger than creatine.

trenbolone most likly. very popular and cheap in eastern europe

tofu2009
10-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Mate, I remember Manny Stewart openly talking about Mosley using creatine during a HBO broadcast, I remember this because he went onto say Shane overloaded on it and got a bad tummy.

I take it and box also.

-The Glove-
10-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Actually any number of boxers. Creating does not just help you build mass, it is a great recovery tool.

This. #1 myth about creatine.

-The Glove-
10-28-2010, 10:44 PM
I also don't know for sure...but i'm certain most boxers are using Glutamine, BCAA's, and beta alanine.

Toy Story 3
10-29-2010, 12:13 AM
If you want your muscles and body to get stronger you need amino acids.

kamicazze
10-29-2010, 06:32 AM
i take protein blends, recovery shakes and beta alanine. Creatine is nothing you cant get elsewhere and can give you an upset stomach and add unneeded weight

derekg89
10-29-2010, 08:10 AM
I've been looking into this as well recently. Apparently there is a particular type of creatine you can take which doesn't add on the unneccessary water to the muscles. If anyone knows the name of this please tell me.

josh-hill
10-29-2010, 10:40 AM
This. #1 myth about creatine.

whats the myth? that it helps recovery?

Banderivets
10-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I've been looking into this as well recently. Apparently there is a particular type of creatine you can take which doesn't add on the unneccessary water to the muscles. If anyone knows the name of this please tell me.

Creatine Ethyl Ester CEE or Tri Creatine Malate TCM

youll prolly get a better answer from Brooklynbomber

josh-hill
10-29-2010, 04:07 PM
trenbolone most likly. very popular and cheap in eastern europe

ha remids me of the america dad episode where stan buys steve some 'Russian protein powder' to bulk up. its got a picture of a huge horse and a radioactive symbol on the industrial sized tin.

BrooklynBomber
10-29-2010, 05:04 PM

Creatine does not add water if: A) it's a quality product B) taken in minumum doses C) You have an appropriate water intake(Which is your regular water intake times 1.5)

The whole creatine adds waterweight myth comes from the fact that in mid 90s most of the creatine wasimported from germany and it had lots of additives, which in turn caused water retention. Creatine by itself does not create water retention.

BrooklynBomber
10-29-2010, 05:05 PM
If you want your muscles and body to get stronger you need amino acids.

Which is protein. I am all for protein powders, good stuff, but one advice that I was given about nutrition is to get your protein from as many different sources as possible

josh-hill
10-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Which is protein. I am all for protein powders, good stuff, but one advice that I was given about nutrition is to get your protein from as many different sources as possible

meats / fishes definatly. some meats have specific amino's that can only be got from certain sources. but vegetable protein has nothing special so things like beens and **** arent nessesary. also dont make the mistake i did of downing a tin of Baked beens after a workout (when i got home obviously, not in the gym :D) to act in the same way as a post WO protein shake because aparently the vegetable protein is hard to digest and use quickly.

but yeah as many types of meat, fish dairy if you can afford the cals.

tofu2009
10-29-2010, 07:11 PM
I think it's called Kre-Akaylin or something like that.

DempseyMarciano
10-29-2010, 07:48 PM
I can tell you right now, if you're going to take any creatine supplement, make sure it's a German grade. It's the cleanest form of creatine, anywhere. The one that is most popular is the creatine monohydrate's that have the CREPURE trademark.

Toy Story 3
10-29-2010, 08:12 PM

I like to get as much protein from foods as possible over a supplement. A supplement is good for help but for myself I don't depend on the stuff. Nothing wrong with supplements though. But it is expensive to eat healthy. Almost everything has freaking additives and crap in them these days. If I was rich I'd eat all organic stuff but I don't have the money for it so I don't. Have a good diet and exercise regimen is key.

stocks01
10-30-2010, 07:00 AM
I use creatine but I use other supplements to help manage it, I use L carnitine and whey protien as well as block amino's to help me recover! I dont use creatine and hit the gym and do alot of weights! it does help with muslce recovery and it also so your energy levels.

By using L carnitine that eats the fat from around the muscle to provide energy and im finding my over fitness has greatly improved with out to much water retention!

The reason alot of people panic about creatine is water retention but if you can provide your muscles with enough energy to have a very hard work out you with sweat alot of the retention out any way.

Any sort of supplement will be looked at badly on any forum but the fact is ALOT of boxers use them!!!!!!!!!!! ricky hatton used to live on the things during training camps

-The Glove-
10-30-2010, 08:35 PM
whats the myth? that it helps recovery?

No that it's only for putting on size.