View Full Version : Arcade Talk Game Review Thread

Ether
10-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Reviews from users no one else. I'm seeing great reviews from posters in threads that will eventually die, post your honest game reviews here after completing a game, anyway you want.

I use pros, cons and a overall rating, but rate it however.

Cafe
10-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Halo reach

Single player - 7.0 good
Same game from past three Halo games, enemies are basicly the same, still have the same cars, you get to fly in a spaceship, but mosty all the same. Think their ever gonna bring in new enemies to this game? Story, is the same crap. Except now you work in a team, and have supporting charactors, which add to the story, ending wasnt epic, hell I already forgot it.

Online - 8.5 great

Just like the past 3 games but with different abilities, but overall still feels the same as every gun is basicly the same from Halo 1 Halo 2 and Halo 3.Same crap.

MidnightSpecial
10-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Medal of Honor

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH MODERN WARFARE 2 THIS GAME MAY NOT BE FOR YOU!

HOWEVER if you are looking for an alternative to the whole perk system, camping, noob tubing, etc., etc. This game may be for you.

Ill go ahead and say i dont own Modern Warfare 2 anymore. Got tired of how the game played with all the perks and what not. And to be honest lately it feels like there isnt much of an alternative.

I played Battefield:Bad Company 2 and i like the way the game played without all the perks. Kind of a bare bones multiplayer FPS. It was really fun to play but the maps really were too big and took forever to find a fight.

But Medal of Honor is probably the best alternative to come around.

The Multiplayer

Its a mixture of:

Modern Warfare 2: Small maps, less teammates, quicker action, respawns. But there are no perks crazy kill chains. But they did something cool with MOH's kill chains. instead of picking the chains you want like on MW2, every time you get a perk in MOH it has a defensive bonus or an offensive bonus. For example the 1st tier (3 kills on one life) gives you either Mortar Fire or UAV.

Bad Company 2: The multiplayer feels like BC2's multiplayer. Same company, same developer, same engine, same everything. Well of course except for the maps which are much better on MOH. But as to how this game "feels" it "feels" like BC2 if that makes sense. The presentation is different and the unlock trees are different for the weapons. On MOH there are three classes all holding an assortment of weapons. Assault, Close Quarters,Sniper. Im sure you can imagine which are in each of the classes. And you can change these classes after every death so if your getting blasted because everyone is sniping then you can pick the sniper then counter-snipe.

Single Player

To be honest i havent played much of it.

But from the parts i played i will have to say the graphics are stunning. The shadows, character models, environments really pop out.

The one part of the Single Player i like is that they focus on the soldiers being "human" instead of Rambo like dudes who just **** everyone up. And i dont mean that in how many people you kill or the epicness of the action. Because this game is surely over the top also, but i mean that they will show little backgrounds into the characters and make you try to feel for the guys. Kind of a band of brothers type of thing.

Conclusion:

Like i said before, this game probably will not convert you over from MW2. If you like that set up and dig the whole kill hungry, chain unlocking, predator missile ass raping, camp fest then this game will not grab your attention. And i dont think it is meant to.

This game seems to be a bare bones shooter.

Put all bull**** aside. Level the playing field. Man up and get some ****ing headshots.

there arent little classes you can link together so you can rape on this one map if you sit in the back of the hanger and wait for people to show up.

you know what i mean?

But if you are a person LIKE ME who wants to play a barebones shooter with quick action, team based matches then i say GET THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had a lot of fun playing it.

i really like the teamwork in the Multiplayer matches. They give you more points for helping teammates and completing objectives than getting kills so it forces you to actually play the ****ing game. Now there are still death matches but for the majority of other game types teamwork is necessary.

Ether
10-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Bringing this back. Please participate and review games you've recently beaten or played through.

Dark Souls

Pros: Everything.

Cons: Slightly more story driven than Demons Souls, but still not as much as other RPGS.

Rating: 9.1 Sick.

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

Pros: Slightly offbalanced characters change the usage of characters who weren't used much in the previous Street Fighters.

Cons: Yun and Fei are very overpowered, enough to get so many complaints the game is being patched.

Rating: 9

Dues eX:

Pros: Probably Eidos's best game. Much better than all their previous releases.

Cons: In my opinion, boring, easy and uninteresting.

Rating: 7.5

Crysis 2:

Pros: Sick graphics, nice style of gameplay.

Cons: Zzz. Boring.

Rating: 8

Mortal Kombat

Pros: Brought back a 2d classic, and done right.

Cons: Bosses are ridiculously and hilariously overpowered. Rank matches have terrible connections.

Rating: 8.5

MOULINYAN KILLA
10-16-2011, 12:57 AM
Gears of War 3

Pros: Bigger expansion on horde mode and the introduction of beast mode is great. Good weapon balance for online now it's no longer just a Gnasher fest 24/7, 4 player coop for campaign.

Cons: Getting Seriously 3.0 basically requires giving up your social life completely. Absolutely ridicuous, heard they might make it a bit easier to get but hasnt been confirmed yet. Saw-Off shotgun is OP'd to some degree but it's not to bad if you're mildly decent at the game.

Rating: 9.5

Fifa 12

Pros: Online ranking system is great. Goes by division and 10 games per season where you can get promoted, stay in the same division, or get relegated. Makes it much more exciting where you HAVE to get a win or it may cost you a relegation. The cup mode that comes on every 8-10 days is a great online addition as well. Gameplay is pretty smooth and it's much challenging this year.

Cons: Tactical Defending, but only for the first few days until you get use to the game. Refs are way to strict, penaltys are easily awarded. The player contact engine isn't, where you're guy looks like he gets pummeled down to the ground and nothing gets called but a small touch could result in a booking. Messi has a higher rating than Cristiano Ronaldo.

Rating: 9.0

MANIAC310
10-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Fight Night Champion:

I only played part of the campaign. It seemed alright.
What I mainly focused on was Multiplayer.

Pros: Great graphics, decent character selection. The Legends DLC was great.
It gave players access to old HW legends like Rocky Marciano,Floyd Patterson, Joe Louis and Jack Dempsey aswell as giving you access to different versions of boxers that were already included in the game such as a Welterweight Duran, Whitaker or Lightweight Oscar De la hoya and Pacquiao, Featherweight Pacquiao, Middleweight Roy Jones etc
The DLC also included Bareknuckles mode which I thrived in and got pretty close to the top of the Leader boards with a record of something like

W130-L20- (115KO) give or take. Most of my loses came at the end when I stopped playing because of the tuners.

Another great thing was the new stick layout. It was much easier to throws combos.

Cons: From the very start online gameplay was flawed. The boxers were over powered and had virtually unlimited stamina which gave way for the endless and constant Tuners. The tuners were horrible. After a certain amount of time you develop a fighting style which had to be changed with every tuner they released. With the original settings matches wouldn't go beyond 3 rounds. Too much power and too much stamina. Eventually with enough tuners they broke the game again dramatically reducing the accuracy of the boxers and stamina. You would be a tired walking zombie by the 3rd or 4th round.

There doesn't seem to be an end in sight, new tuners are still being released.
I've resorted to only playing with my brother and an occasionally sonnin someone on Boxingscene. My record is 7-1 (he got lucky)

another con is the whinning and ****ty community that plays the game.
Everyone only gets Tyson & Frost @ heavyweight or Robinson & Bishop at Middle weight. Everyone spams the jab to the body . Everyone complains about something. "too much running, too much brawling, too many counters, blah blah blah"

My Rating: 7.0

bojangles1987
10-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Dark Souls

Gameplay: Ridiculously precise and responsive. Yes, it's a very difficult game, but that difficulty almost always makes sense because it's always based on how you play the game. Every play style works well, every enemy has a pattern to learn, great gameplay.

Graphics: Nothing mind blowing, but the design of the enemies and environments helps the graphics stand out. Some really awesome locations.

Audio: Music is kind of in the background. It's there, but it's nothing special. The voice acting fits, while also not being particularly special.

Replay value: Off the charts. With so many different classes, and so many hidden areas and the covenants you can join, you can play this game a hell of a lot of times and have a different experience each time.

Score: 9 out of 10. It's certainly not a game for everyone, but if you don't mind the process of learning how the game forces you to play, you'll love it.

bojangles1987
10-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Dead Island

Gameplay: Really average. Starts out well enough, and the dependence on the melee weapons is cool, but there are so many bugs and glitches and cheap deaths, and the enemies in certain points just seem to come from nowhere. Really unpolished.

Graphics: The environments are extremely well done, as are the zombies, but your character is subpar. The animations are very bad sometimes as well.

Audio: Pretty good. Music fits at all times, the voice acting is good, satisfying sounds you're killing the crap out of zombies.

Replay value: High. Lots of side quests you may miss the first time.

Overall: 7 out of 10. Starts out with a ton of promise, but when you reach the second act the game becomes infuriating and not much fun. Seems like it needed a little more time to fine tune that it did not get.

Big BRICKS
10-28-2011, 12:33 AM
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1204&pictureid=10471

Summary: You're the Nerevarine, the one to be reincarnated and return to Morrowind to defeat Dagoth Ur (Bad guy) and restore glory to Vvardenfel. (The home of the dark elves).

It's a badass game, very adult oriented, there is hardly any guidance so defeating this game either meant that you spent hundreds of hours exploring the massive continent, or you spent hours raging on google trying to find where a quest took place. Either way, this game is simply massive and has literally endless possibilities.

Oblivion was a more dumbed down, retard-friendly version of this game. You didn't get the racism, drugs or strippers in Oblivion that you learned to love from Morrowind. You also had a giant arrow telling you where your next objective was, in Morrowind you were more on your own. Someone said, go find this guy and kill him, he lives in this city, or near this landmark. You'd set out and find him, it might take you a while because you actually had to search for him, but you'd get there and finish the job. I for one prefer that play style to Oblivion, I don't play an assassin to have the game tell me where and when I can kill my target. I want to do it on my own.

With all respect to previous Elder Scrolls titles(Daggerfall, Redguard, Arena), easily titans in the genre, Morrowind put the series on the map. My only beef is that most of the core fan base showed up when Oblivion came around and never got the opportunity to experience Morrowind in it's prime.

Graphics:

While the original character models were somewhat atrocious, they were bearable. The world however, was gorgeous. Morrowind's graphics engine was years ahead of it's time. The Elder Scrolls has a modding community that easily dwarfs any other and they truly show it, STILL putting out mods every day. Here's a mod called the Morrowind Graphics Extender, that uses the truly amazing engine to make Morrowind look just as good, if not better, than games today.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/58YIZagWV8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gameplay:

The animations are a bit stiff, but there were a ton of different weapons and spells that you can choose from. Combat doesn't get old in this game, especially with tasteful PC mods that allow dual wielding and a ton of attack animations/gore.

Sound:

The Elder Scrolls games always have tracks that immerse you in the game, you feel like you're really there. Along with a ridiculous amount of ambient sounds like birds chirping, water splashing and people walking around, you truly feel like you're walking around in Vvardenfel.

Conclusion:

Morrowind in my opinion, is the greatest western RPG to ever exist. It has infinite replay potential and is just an absolutely wonderful game. Very nostalgic, those who are true Elder Scrolls fans will probably never rate another RPG as high as Morrowind.

Big BRICKS' final verdict on The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

10/10

Ether
11-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Uncharted 3

Pros: One of the best third person shooters ever made, along the lines of Metal Gear 4 and Mass Effect. Graphically the best exclusive in years. Great story, constant action. Decent multiplayer.

Cons: Couldn't tell you. It's pretty flawless.

Rating: 9.8

dj Calleti
11-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I'll try to have something up for Forza 4 when I get it in a few weeks, played demo and it was fantastic.

Gojira
11-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Conclusion:

Morrowind in my opinion, is the greatest western RPG to ever exist. It has infinite replay potential and is just an absolutely wonderful game. Very nostalgic, those who are true Elder Scrolls fans will probably never rate another RPG as high as Morrowind.

Big BRICKS' final verdict on The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

10/10

Yep but I have high hopes for Skyrim.

Great view though, dude.

BOLLOCKS
11-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Batman Arkham Citeh

PROS: Teh graphics are great, brilliant visuals. Batman's badass, Teh Joker's sick, Teh Riddler's slick, Catwoman's teh sexiest piece of arse in video game history. It's Batman. What else is there to say? If you don't have teh game, you're a worthless cunt.

CONS: Your Mother

Me Rating: 9.666/10

Grand Champ
11-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Skyrim (RPG):
-Review thus far- May be subject to change.
Pro's: One of the best role playing games since oblivion, huge open world, great story, tons of content and freedom. Won't find a better bang for your buck this year. 100+ hours if you are a completionist. replay value.

Cons: animations are a bit stiff, a few broken quests, some of the features are superficial and feels like an afterthought (marriage, lol), minor annoyances like random spawning dragons killing off quest NPCs and a few texture glitches. A bit dumbed down with lots of exploits.

Overall - 9.1

Shogun 2 (RTS/Turn based):
Pro's: Immensely beautiful, the amount of details on individual soldiers are crazy. Huge battles and great diplomacy features. loads of content and great mulitiplayer options. Extremely long singleplayer and great replay value in multiplayer.

Con's: Lack of variety between the individual clans make for a more stale singleplayer re-play experience. AI cheats to kill you off.

Overall score: 9

Ether
11-20-2011, 06:56 PM
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Pros: Sick graphics, huge open world, tons to do with dlc coming, totally worth $60. Game of the Year.

Cons: Like every bethesda game, glitches, but not to the point of ruining the game like Fallout Vegas.

Rating: 9.5

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Pros: More characters, a couple more modes and the online is way better. Similar to SSFIV.

Cons: Better than MVC3 but not by much, worth $40.

Rating: 8.8

bojangles1987
11-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Batman: Arkham City

Gameplay: Tremendous. Maybe it was because I wasn't used to the 360 controller since I have Arkham Asylum for PS3, but I did have a few moments where the combat did weird things, but it was still very fun. The Predator gameplay is amazing with some new enemy tactics to make it harder, the crime scene parts are still really cool, and the open city makes the exploration a kajillion times more rewarding.

Graphics: Not the greatest detail in the environment or characters, but the art style makes up for it. The animations are nearly flawless.

Audio: Fits the mood of the situation at all times. Voice acting is amazing from Batman and the main villains, Mark Hamill is awesome as ever as The Joker, everyone else is meh.

Replay Value: As high as a game of it's style can be. Outside of Skyrim, no game will have more replay value this year.

Overall: 9.8 out of 10. Best comic book inspired game ever, and it's not close. Blows Arkham Asylum away.

bojangles1987
11-25-2011, 06:14 AM
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Gameplay: Very good, massive improvement over the rest of the series. Melee combat finally feels satisfying, and magic is the most useful it's ever been in an Elder Scrolls game for me. Level up system is cool. Too easy a game though, once you get to around level 20 or 30, especially if you focus all your perks on a couple of skills.

Graphics: Good but not great. With a world this big you'll see some locations that are off the charts, but overall Skyrim is solid without being good enough to win awards for it's graphics. The designs of all the races look better than ever. As with all Bethesda games, there are bugs and glitches, though nothing particularly game ruining.

Audio: Wrongly unmentioned, it's really good. Very surprised at how much I noticed it, because of it's great quality. Voice acting is solid enough to not notice, which is a good thing.

Replay Value: Come on, it's an Elder Scrolls game. You can play this for the next five years and still come across something you've never seen.

Overall: 10 out of 10. Truly great evolution of the series, and about as good a Western RPG as has ever existed.

MANIAC310
11-25-2011, 06:32 AM
BF 3

Pros: It has more vehicles, with the new addition of jets.
more guns, this time around you can actually customize your kit and weapons.
You can rank up your guns to unlock things like different types of ammo, scopes, bipods, silencers etc. You can rank up your kits to unlock different weapons or skills. This applies to tanks, helicopters, Jets which you can unlock things like Stealth, Radars, Flares etc.
The over all handling is smoother and more interactive.
Rheres different game modes which make the online faster paced

Cons: Glitches, buildings aren't as destructible as before as a result there's more camping. Sniping kinda sucks now. AA guns are terrible and almost never bring down enemy planes, or helicopters.

My rating: 8.5/10

bojangles1987
12-06-2011, 03:58 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Gameplay: The best motion controls ever. Very rarely did I have problems with the game not tracking the movements of the controller, which is rare in Wii games. The motion controls led to the best combat of any Zelda game by far, which is fun from the weakest enemies to the toughest bosses. Flying between islands in the hub world can be annoying, but I never had a problem. This game has my absolute favorite ending boss fights in the entire series as well.

Graphics: For those of us that are always playing PS3 And Xbox games, you won't be impressed at all by the graphics, but it's in the running for best looking Wii game ever. Very bright and colorful, and the enemies and characters are all really well designed, as are the environments.

Audio: Typical high quality for a Zelda game, though I'm sure many of you would be annoyed by the lack of voice acting. Maybe the music isn't as memorable as other Zelda games, but it's still very good.

Replay Value: Decent to somewhat high. There's a New Game Plus type mode after you beat it the first time, with stuff you can unlock, but you can see everything the game has to offer in 2 or 3 playthroughs. Tons to do within the game itself, and it's fun enough I know I'll be going back multiple times.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10. This is the best game I've played this year, and I loved it. The gameplay is so fun, the story is really good and makes you relate to the characters more than any other Zelda game, and everything about the game ranks near or at the top of of the best any Zelda game has ever been. Hard to imagine anyone who has ever liked a Zelda game not liking this game. Up there with Super Mario Galaxy 2 as the best Wii game ever.

Grand Champ
12-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Damn Bojang you're given out perfect scores like it's nothing :lol1: 2 perfect games this year alone for you.

bojangles1987
12-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Damn Bojang you're given out perfect scores like it's nothing :lol1: 2 perfect games this year alone for you.

10 doesn't mean perfect for me, 10 just means it's a game that people should be buying without question. I almost went there with Arkham City too, but it's not quite a 10 to me.

And Skyrim and Skyward Sword are both definite 10s for me. Unbelievable games.

Mannie Phresh
12-06-2011, 08:07 PM
batman arkham city was a blast to play but the story was lacking. penguin could never catch solomon grundy... gameplay was great but the camera could have used some tweaking for gliding and grappling through the city

Ether
12-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection

Metal Gear Solid 2 - HD remastered with trophies
Metal Gear Solid 3 - HD remastered with trophies
Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker - HD remastered with trophies

Pros:

Metal Gear 2 & 3 turned out to be wonderful HD transfers. Plus with the additions of each game having a platinum trophy, it's 3 games on 1 disc with 3 platinum's, easily worth the $50. Peacewalker is an amazing game, new style dark comic cut scenes that are interactive at times, it has about 35 little missions all multi-player with bosses and a great story.

Cons:

The PS2 titles do show their age even with an HD transfer. But not enough to stop you from enjoying.

Overall Rating:

MGS2: 9
MGS3: 9
Peacewalker: 9.5

Final: 9.0

MANIAC310
12-20-2011, 08:13 PM
MW3

Cons: Pretty much everything

-repetitive
-boring
-$65 expansion pack
-graphics suck
-community sucks
-camping
-maps suck
-guns suck
-kill streaks suck

Pros
Survival Mode is okay......

My rating: 2.5

???
12-20-2011, 08:50 PM
MW3

-repetitive
-boring
-$65 expansion pack
-graphics suck
-community sucks
-camping
-maps suck
-guns suck
-kill streaks suck

Pros

Well that isn't a biased review :rolleyes:

dj Calleti
12-20-2011, 09:03 PM
MW3

-repetitive
-boring
-$65 expansion pack
-graphics suck
-community sucks
-camping
-maps suck
-guns suck
-kill streaks suck

Pros

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Grand Champ
12-20-2011, 09:41 PM
MW3

-repetitive
-boring
-$65 expansion pack
-graphics suck
-community sucks
-camping
-maps suck
-guns suck
-kill streaks suck

Pros

:lol1: Damn, Maniac is even harsher than me. Good ting, you took your first stand -gaming wise-. I'm proud of you ;)

Mannie Phresh
12-30-2011, 01:32 AM
castlevania harmony of despair is awesome online. single might be impossible without the aid of friends which u can have up to 4 playing simultaneously on 1 system. theirs 8 levels and plenty of leveling up to do. it plays like symphony of the night with the likes of simon and richter belmont as well as alucard and other characters. its 10 bucks and alot of fun. 8/10

Ether
02-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Soul Calibur V

Pros: Way better create a character mode. Extra additional character Ezio from Assassin's Creed joins the playable roster.

Cons: Same graphics as SCIV, some characters were taken out and exchanged for new ones with the identical style of the character taken out. ? , Terrible story mode with half assed anime pictures with dialogue under them. Overall it's a worse game and instead of progressing the franchise regresses.

Overall Rating: 7.0

Ether
02-29-2012, 07:07 PM
UFC Undisputed 3

Pros: Best graphics i've seen on a MMA game, the ability to switch between Pride Rules and UFC Rules is great, especially if the fighter is or was from Pride. Alot better character creation mode, better single player and the best out of the 3 UFC games.

Cons: The new submission mini game is cool but kind of lame. Even though the character customization is good like i've said above, it still lacks. Awful entrances but who cares, right?

Overall Rating: 8.0

BOLLOCKS
02-29-2012, 07:13 PM
UFC Undisputed 3

Pros: Gives teh gheys something to do.

Cons: It's Ghey

Overall Rating: -89489582480258025825498825908067894824248258958568 723425

Mannie Phresh
03-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Mass Effect 3 9/10-

Greatest series I ever played. Been gaming since super maro bros. Im rating 3 and the series simultaneously. Combat gamplay has improved since 2 the roll and ladders enviroment has added some more intensity to combat. The best part about combat are the new enemies, asari vangaurd husks, turian/krogan hybrid goliaths, and batarian canibal fodder. The combat is reminiscent of gears of war but not as polished, more weapons and armor options. Before I go on about that though, they've added a weight penalty for carrying to many weapons. The more weight you carry the slower the recharge time of your powers. I dont like this new feature at all especially since it even effects the soldier class and, to nerd out a lil, how is weight an issue with mass effect fields powering your shields? Gravity is an obstacle easily over come in this scifi future so this system implemented in pt3 is annoying. Anyways, cool new sniper rifles and shot guns. The black widow as an upgrade pt2's widow is amazing while the reverent has been downgraded. It has the recoil of 3 ak-47's :( All of your actions from pt's 1 and 2 are finally going to pay off or bite you in the ass. Seeing Barla Von or Captain Kirrahe are enjoyable while seeing Conrad Verner is both funny and annoying. Killing a reaper on foot tops killing a thresher maw from pt 2 is amazing. Their will be difficult choices along the way as well, the krogan or salarian and the geth or the quarians. Their is a few graphical glitchs again like in pt 2 I think they could have fixed like texturing and smaller objects and characters dissappering while speaking. Anyways the story, characters, love interests and writing have truely amazing. If you have the opportunity to play 1 or 2 then I know you'll play 3. Keelah Selai.

bojangles1987
03-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Mass Effect 3

Gameplay: By far the best of the series, and for the first time it is the equal of the story. The guns feel great, the levels are good, the set pieces are crazy and epic, it's every bit the equal of any other third person shooter, with much improved RPG elements compared to the second game.

Graphics and Audio: The graphics are very, very good, especially in some of the more epic levels, where planets are burning in the background and multiple Reaper ships are f***ing up everything in sight. The soundtrack is as good as the rest of the series, which is to say excellent, and outside of the terrible reporter chick that comes on your ship the voice acting is great, no weak spot I can think of, not even the usually bland male Shepard.

Story: Anyone with interest in this game has probably seen or heard about the terribleness of the ending at this point, and I'm not going to lie, it is bad. So many plot holes and it's executed very badly. However, that is literally 5 minutes. Up until the final 5 minutes, the story is the best of the series IMO, and the interactions between characters is off the charts excellent.

Replay Value: Depends on whether you have a character to import from the second game, and whether you are playing on Xbox and have a character you played with in ME1 as well. If so, you can play through this game half a dozen times and see different things.

Overall: 9.6 out of 10. The ending keeps me from giving it a 10, but again, that's 5 minutes. Up until that point, this might have been the greatest game I've ever played. Great, great stuff.

dj Calleti
03-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Fifa Street

Single Player: 9/10

Fun as hell, I like the different game modes you can play and the leveling system. You basically get points and put them into players stats(7 of them in total) the higher the level is the more points you'll need. The skill moves are locked and you buy them through points as well. Basically World Tour is divided into four sections and you select a region in the world and you go through different parts to advance to the next level at career mode.

I'm in section 2 and close to part 3 so I wouldn't say its worth $60 unless your like me and play nothing else but fifa. Eventually you can get real players into your squad. For the challenges there are three modes bronze, silver, and gold. Gold being hard, and you get unlocked stuff for doing it. I been playing all hard and it hasn't been bad, I was expecting much worst. I personally think the game is great in this aspect.

Game has a few bugs but nothing game breaking, extremely fun when friends are over.

Online: 3/10

Now this is where EA f*cked it all up. Online, you can't use licensed teams online ONLY the created squad in career mode. You can't play all game modes, meaning no Panna or Last Man Standing(two best modes imo) only 5 and 6 a side and futsal.

The online is cheeks cause people don't use skills and only play by passing and cheap goal which isn't a problem for me cause I can see what someone is going to do from a mile away but for casuals it must be very frustrating. But my biggest issue is the two game modes are out and you can't use real teams online. Like what's the point of including them if you can't use em? Not even vs friends online. Absolutely stupid by EA, I hope they patch that up or something.

Ether
03-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Street Fighter X Tekken

Pros:

Fresh new style, refreshing to see another two companies join together to make a good game; since Marvel Vs Capcom lacked so much, The most popular in the SF Roster and the most popular in the Tekken Roster, it works together well. Even though the game does slightly favor more to SF players, I've had my ass kicked online badly by Tekken people who only use Tekken Characters. It's 4 players so 4 friends can all team up and fight. Way better than MVC and at the same level of quality as SF4.

Cons: DLC, 12 new characters already on the disc, apparently they could be up to $4.99 each and could reach an entire year before all are released, this is Capcom's way of saying "So you are sick of us releasing the same game with more people on a different disc? , okay fine, here's $60 in DLC!"

Overall Rating: 9.0

Mass Effect 3

Pros: Slightly better graphics, sharp gameplay, awesome story as usual. Worth a couple playthroughs,

Cons: If you didn't play the first two, I wouldn't recommend it, so don't call it boring if you don't know what the **** is going on. The game didn't need Multiplayer but added it anyway, no harm, no foul. Weak ending.

Overall Rating: 9.5

Florence76
03-19-2012, 06:28 AM
http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpgThink their ever gonna bring in new enemies to this game? Story, is the same crap. Except now you work in a team, and have supporting charactors.

Ether
05-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Asura's Wrath

Pros: Cool graphics, good controls and a over the top typical Capcom storyline.

Cons: Way too short, about 6 hours watching cutscenes, about 4 skipping them. Same stuff we've all seen before.

Overall Rating: 7.5

- v e t -
05-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Sly Cooper PS2

OSSUM!!!!

im not through it yet, distracted by TW'13 but i am loving it and glad i took the time to play it now since i didnt on ps2

Mannie Phresh
05-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Warriors Orochi 3-
Graphics are good characters are fun and unique. Theirs 120 plus characters. Levels are fun and challenging. If you have a jap psn account dlc is compatable with american game. The run down, Ive love dynasty warriors since dw2. Its a hack and slash with 1000s of enemies. This is a love or hate it game. If never like dynasty warriors you wont like warriors orochi 3 if you loved dynasty warriors then youll love warriors orochi. The music is still very 80s glam rock which i liked, graphics are good, replay value is high. I give it an 8 out 10.

bojangles1987
05-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Assassin's Creed Revelations:

8.5 out of 10. The gameplay is great as ever, the hookblade is a great addition, the story for Ezio is very good. All the Altair missions basically prove he's the baddest mofo in this franchise. The game is overall a step down from Brotherhood though. Not nearly as much to do, way shorter, smaller world, the Desmond segments completely suck.

Spartacus Sully
05-28-2012, 06:54 AM
sooo ive got my lvl 60 char and ive equiped him to the point that he can solo hell Soooooo i feel ive got to know the game well enough that i can give a decent review, im going to do a multi part Diablo 3 review, today i will review the things that i dont like, and tomorrow i will explain why despite the issues i have with the game I still feel it deserves a solid 9 out of 10 if not 9.5 out of 10.

Diablo 3 9/10

I have some issues with this game, first off being that i cant select my audio out device.

secondly, crafting sucks.

and thirdly skills

1. the first issue is pretty basic, diablo 2 didnt allow you to select audio out, but starcraft 2 does, so youd think diablo 3 would have this. alot of time i might want to have one ear bud in with game music playing while i watch movies on netflix. i cant do this because of the lack of audio device selection, both diablo 3 and plugins use the primary device, so the only option for me is to play diablo 3 with the sound completly off, or dont do anything else while i play diablo 3, which both options suck.

2. secondly crafting, maybe i havnt gotten far enough in the game to really experience the full blow of crafting, my smithys only lvl 9, but it really could involve alot more stuff. one area that the game seems to completly lack is altering allready crafted items. a reciep to add sockets to something, upgrade a magic to a rare, or keep the mods and re-roll that values would all be great additions to the crafting system, while right now all we have is random mods for the weapon you pick.

I Almost never craft, I sell all my crappy blues and yellows for gold and just buy what i need from the auction house, and honestly i think this is the best way to go about acquiring new equipment, in my opinion, the way crafting is now, it almost dosnt even need to be in the game, the best crafted items will never be as good as the items you can find in the end game.

about the only purpose i can see for crafting, is when you want to make a new char you can easily craft some semi decent gear for the new char, but then again at low lvls top of the line but not quite gosu gear isnt much more then 20k gold a peice buy out, and assuming you can solo hell, 20k gold is about 15 mins of work, so spend 15 min to get gold and then buy out the good low lvl equipment you want.

again, with the way crafting is set up, it dosnt serv as much value as it could twords the game, granted its better then nothing, but it just dosnt hold as much value as crafting that would allow augmentaion of allready crafted items.

3. and the last issue, skills.

so theres a left click spell, a right click spell, a 1 spell, 2 spell, 3 spell, and 4 spell. and each of these spell buttons have 3-4 diffrent spells that can be assigned to it. the problem here is the limit to customization.

say on my 1 spell slot i have frost nova, diamond armor, slow time, and teleport. so now frost nova is an awesome skill, and teleport is awesome for helping you move around alitle quicker.

but since they are both on the spell 1 button, i have to chose one or the other. while this might inheriently force people into useing a more viable spell selection is prevents customization. perhaps theres a boss that i dont need my hydras for, if i could put teleport to that spell button allowing me to streamline my walk to the boss all would be great.

for this issue, so that the noobs dont get all confused with the skills, and so the leet still have their customization, unlocking the skills at lvl 60 so you can mix and match then more freely would be great, i also think that allowing you to customize stats freely from xxxxxx merchant or something when in town at lvl 60 would also be highly welcomed to diablo 3.

yeah so thats my big list of things i dont like about diablo 3 and how i would change them, stay tuned for tomorrows big list of why diablo 3 is amazing.

Spartacus Sully
05-29-2012, 01:28 AM
So its 2001 school had just started not too long ago and i had just purchased the new Diablo 2 LOD expansion pack. I was telling one of my friends about it and trying to convince him to buy it too, when he tells me the games too easy. he had allready gotten a necro to 99 on diablo 2 before the exp pack and just did not see the point in playing any more. so i went into how its all about the gear, not lvling to 99, but instead finding the best stuff you can. he retorted that there really wasnt a point, the game was too easy for a lvl 99 to really need to look for more equipment.

The game was too easy, to need to look for better gear.

flash foward to a cold october day in 2003, blizzard releases 1.10 dun dun duhhhh...the ladder leauge is created, and the ith/king jewls are removed.

but not just that, before chars would commonly use multiple skills, now blizzard added something called synergies, this would allow you to super power up skills at the cost of limiting how many spells you could use. along with changes to skills they introduced new runewords that would make many times more powerful gear.

while along with powering up the chars the also made the game many times harder then it was. monsters in hell had much much more life, did more damage, and they were immune to more things. the creation of synergies caused chars to be 1 skill focused and have problems with monsters that were immune to their skill, which with the new changes in hell your pretty much garuenteed to encounter enemies immune to your skills.

how everything worked out, it forced people to either work in multiplayer groups, or to get good, really really really good.

I belive we see the birth of diablo 3 in the 1.10 patch. Blizzard knew these games were about the items but they finnaly understoof if nothings hard enough to need the best of the best items, then why search for them?

Blizzard would go on to make part of diablo 2 even harder with Uber Tristam, but the seed had allready been sown and blizzard knew what they needed to do with diablo 3.

Welcome to my diablo 3 review.

soo just a few weeks ago after nearly 10 years of anticipation blizzard released diablo 3 and with its release came the crys of blasphemy, theres no custimazation, its not diablo 2!!!!!!! they are right, its what diablo 2 should have been.

HARD!!!!!

if you thought lvl 15 tetris was hard, you havnt played diablo 3.

its like this right, you get to the highest lvl you can get, and then you still have nearly the entire second half of the game left to beat. this does what this game is ment to do, take the focus away from lvling and place it on items, forcing you to seak out better items, get better at the game, and, with the ability to freely switch skills, try out diffrent combinations of skills for diffrent monsters.

the game even includes something called nephelem armor, once you hit lvl 60 every time you kill a magic or rare group of monsters you get nephelem armor, this gives you 15% increased chance to find magic items and 15 % increased gold find. this armor stacks up to 5 times giving you 75% more gold drop and a 75% better chance of finding magic items. allowing people to be fully equiped with the best gear they can get their hands on and still have 75/75 gf/mf, just another incentive to convince people its about the gear.

but thats not all it does, any one familiar with diablo 2 knows about baal runs chaos runs, countess runs, meph runs, pindel runs, ect. you pop in kill 1 boss, leave game, create a new one and do it again. with the nehelem armor, you want to pop in take some time killing a few magic/rare groups to get your armor up to 75/75 and then go and kill your mark, or even take out a few diffrent mini bosses in stead of one taking full advantage of the nephelm armor.

ahhh lets see, ive talked so much so far about how important items are, i guess its time to get into them. now any one thats played diablo 2 to some extent should know that the best items in the game are rare or magic. granted some uniques and sets are good but you cant get a +2 sorc skills 20% faster cast rate, 30 to stats, 15 to all res set or unique helm. just the same as 3/20/20's and 290 psn charms 40/15 jewls jelwers armor of the whale, uped eth fools phase with 200 ias and 2 socs, this kind of stuff is the rarest of the rare and much better then any unique or set option.

this value in the magic and rare items carried right over and is even more prevalant in diablo 3, and it works out great.

the game has 2 diffrent things to do with items, you can sell them straight for gold or you can salvage them into items for crafting.

these 2 things combined will have you picking up every rare and magic item you come across, and with the fact that magics and rares can be many times better then uniques and sets, picking them up and selling them forces you to look at them too. often times you might fill your inventory with gold fodder and end up keeping 2 or 3 magic items for the auction house.

Ahhhhh the auction house, probly one of the most important additions an action RPG could have, a centralized location to search for the exact item im looking for. god only know how many times ive typed ISO and spammed the channels and trade room with items im looking for. now i can just do a search and find exactally what im looking for.

the auction house does alot to help the flow of items in and out, doing that much more to facilitate a need not just for good gear, but to find good gear.

stay tunned for tomorrow when i get into the game play itself

also im planning on reviewing each of the chars you can pick, but i only have a wizzard. if any one has something other then a wiz and wants to do a review on their char class, thad be cool.

Bushbaby
05-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Mass effect
Halo
Elder scrolls.
Gears of War. Should shoot myself for forgetting.

My top 4 atg game franchises ever.

THE REED™
05-29-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm pretty sure Sully needs a gf, and if he has one... that sucks for her. :lol1:

Red dead redemption is one of my all time favs.

Grand theft Auto 5 is going to be the GOAT.

dj Calleti
05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Sully needs a gf, and if he has one... that sucks for her. :lol1:

Red dead redemption is one of my all time favs.

Grand theft Auto 5 is going to be the GOAT.

You think so? I thought 4 was pretty disappointing imo.

Never played red dead.

THE REED™
05-29-2012, 02:56 PM

Never played red dead.

I love every one of them... love the concept of doing whatever the hell I want.

Go buy Red Dead.

Today.

Do it.

Probably 18 bucks used.

elgranluchadore
05-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Silent Hill downpour

The story starts very good but quickly turns silly and degenerates into lame

the gameplay is entertaining for a while but it gets old fast and without any story to motivate u, it becomes boring
But what this game lacks the most is being scary which is what silent hill is all about

5 out of 10 only for the good combat mecahnics and entertaining yet not scary monsters

bojangles1987
05-29-2012, 06:15 PM

Never played red dead.

I can't believe how many people were disappointed with 4. It's easily my favorite. And you should play Red Dead as soon as possible. It's amazing.

Miburo
05-29-2012, 06:53 PM
sooo ive got my lvl 60 char and ive equiped him to the point that he can solo hell Soooooo i feel ive got to know the game well enough that i can give a decent review, im going to do a multi part Diablo 3 review, today i will review the things that i dont like, and tomorrow i will explain why despite the issues i have with the game I still feel it deserves a solid 9 out of 10 if not 9.5 out of 10.

Diablo 3 9/10

I have some issues with this game, first off being that i cant select my audio out device.

secondly, crafting sucks.

and thirdly skills

1. the first issue is pretty basic, diablo 2 didnt allow you to select audio out, but starcraft 2 does, so youd think diablo 3 would have this. alot of time i might want to have one ear bud in with game music playing while i watch movies on netflix. i cant do this because of the lack of audio device selection, both diablo 3 and plugins use the primary device, so the only option for me is to play diablo 3 with the sound completly off, or dont do anything else while i play diablo 3, which both options suck.

2. secondly crafting, maybe i havnt gotten far enough in the game to really experience the full blow of crafting, my smithys only lvl 9, but it really could involve alot more stuff. one area that the game seems to completly lack is altering allready crafted items. a reciep to add sockets to something, upgrade a magic to a rare, or keep the mods and re-roll that values would all be great additions to the crafting system, while right now all we have is random mods for the weapon you pick.

I Almost never craft, I sell all my crappy blues and yellows for gold and just buy what i need from the auction house, and honestly i think this is the best way to go about acquiring new equipment, in my opinion, the way crafting is now, it almost dosnt even need to be in the game, the best crafted items will never be as good as the items you can find in the end game.

about the only purpose i can see for crafting, is when you want to make a new char you can easily craft some semi decent gear for the new char, but then again at low lvls top of the line but not quite gosu gear isnt much more then 20k gold a peice buy out, and assuming you can solo hell, 20k gold is about 15 mins of work, so spend 15 min to get gold and then buy out the good low lvl equipment you want.

again, with the way crafting is set up, it dosnt serv as much value as it could twords the game, granted its better then nothing, but it just dosnt hold as much value as crafting that would allow augmentaion of allready crafted items.

3. and the last issue, skills.

so theres a left click spell, a right click spell, a 1 spell, 2 spell, 3 spell, and 4 spell. and each of these spell buttons have 3-4 diffrent spells that can be assigned to it. the problem here is the limit to customization.

say on my 1 spell slot i have frost nova, diamond armor, slow time, and teleport. so now frost nova is an awesome skill, and teleport is awesome for helping you move around alitle quicker.

but since they are both on the spell 1 button, i have to chose one or the other. while this might inheriently force people into useing a more viable spell selection is prevents customization. perhaps theres a boss that i dont need my hydras for, if i could put teleport to that spell button allowing me to streamline my walk to the boss all would be great.

for this issue, so that the noobs dont get all confused with the skills, and so the leet still have their customization, unlocking the skills at lvl 60 so you can mix and match then more freely would be great, i also think that allowing you to customize stats freely from xxxxxx merchant or something when in town at lvl 60 would also be highly welcomed to diablo 3.

yeah so thats my big list of things i dont like about diablo 3 and how i would change them, stay tuned for tomorrows big list of why diablo 3 is amazing.

This is a misconception, I can't believe you made it to level 60 without realizing (makes the game much slower and harder). Go to options, and check "elective skills". This allows you to put whatever skill you want on whatever slot.

Spartacus Sully
05-29-2012, 08:13 PM

Ether asked me to do a diablo 3 review, bite me.

This is a misconception, I can't believe you made it to level 60 without realizing (makes the game much slower and harder). Go to options, and check "elective skills". This allows you to put whatever skill you want on whatever slot.

awesome, now if only the realms wernt down.

dj Calleti
05-29-2012, 09:37 PM
I love every one of them... love the concept of doing whatever the hell I want.

Go buy Red Dead.

Today.

Do it.

Probably 18 bucks used.

Hmmm, I might just do that. I've been looking for another game to get but nothing has really caught my eyes besides Dead Island, which I will only get if my other friend does as well.

Game of the year edition of Dead Island comes out late June with will include the 2 DLC's it had and the game should start off at $30 or 40.

But 18 bucks or so for Red Dead...sounds like a bargain to me.

Underboss
05-29-2012, 09:51 PM
I have RDR and I totally recommend it for EVERYONE who doesn't have it yet. Probably the most complete game I've played in years.

???
05-29-2012, 11:01 PM

Never played red dead.

You've never played Red Dead? :nonono:

MANIAC310
05-30-2012, 02:18 AM

Never played red dead.

I was disappointed with 4 aswell, I am hyped about 5 though.

You've never played RDR but you were excitied about that **** FIFA street game everyone was saying sucked? :lol1:

true story the, Undead Nightmare DLC is great. Possibly the best DLC i've bought aside from the Vietnam DLC for BFBC2

dj Calleti
05-30-2012, 02:37 AM

You've never played RDR but you were excitied about that **** FIFA street game everyone was saying sucked? :lol1:

true story the, Undead Nightmare DLC is great. Possibly the best DLC i've bought aside from the Vietnam DLC for BFBC2

Fifa is all I play, kid. Street was fun but they fuked the online up, which is all I play.

Although I've heard great things about Red Dead. Might go get it next week used. I heard the zombie dlc was good as well.

Imma play Aliens vs Predators this week, I've had the game for a longtime but played online once or twice with few friends and never touched the game ever again.
:lol1:

Is there any trailers for GTA 5? I never played a GTA game before 4 and I thought it was pretty cheeks from all the hype it had.

MANIAC310
05-30-2012, 02:42 AM
Fifa is all I play, kid. Street was fun but they fuked the online up, which is all I play.

Although I've heard great things about Red Dead. Might go get it next week used. I heard the zombie dlc was good as well.

Imma play Aliens vs Predators this week, I've had the game for a longtime but played online once or twice with few friends and never touched the game ever again.
:lol1:

Is there any trailers for GTA 5? I never played a GTA game before 4 and I thought it was pretty cheeks from all the hype it had.

really? you missed out GTA Vice City and San Andreas were the GOATS ...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QkkoHAzjnUs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QkkoHAzjnUs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

dj Calleti
05-30-2012, 02:50 AM
Yeah, I heard a lot about San Andreas which is why I bought 4 cause everyone said it was the best game ever.

I wasn't to big on video games till one of my mates told me to go get xbox live and halo 3 cause it was going to be the greatest thing ever when it first came out.

bojangles1987
05-30-2012, 02:22 PM

My brother had to talk me into Undead Nightmare, I was very skeptical about it. Ended up being some of the funnest DLC I've ever bought.

dj Calleti
06-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Just got Red Dead game of the year edition new for $30.

Lets see if it lives up to the hype.

Ether
06-02-2012, 01:47 AM
I liked GTA4, did those of you who disliked it actually finish it?

GTA4 was cool with how it made you choose either the Revenge or Money ending.

Ether
06-02-2012, 01:52 AM
The only games i'm getting this year, which you will be seeing reviews for are:

RE6

The Last Guardian

FFX HD

FFVXIII(if released)

The Last of Us (not sure)

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (DLC $15)

DeadLikeMe
06-02-2012, 02:23 AM

RE6

The Last Guardian

FFX HD

FFVXIII(if released)

That is bull**** if they'll put the money into a FFX remake but won't do it for FFVII...I understand why it would be easier for them to redo FFX, but I still think it is garbage.

Ether
06-02-2012, 02:51 AM
That is bull**** if they'll put the money into a FFX remake but won't do it for FFVII...I understand why it would be easier for them to redo FFX, but I still think it is garbage.

FFX HD is 1080p with Trophies, and from what I read an online blitz ball mode. Ps3 exclusive too, I also read it will have small elements from FF13. Square confirmed remaking such a giant world and story of FF7 being remade to next gen 1080p could take up to 10 yrs.

Ether
06-02-2012, 02:54 AM
FFX HD is remastered, not a remake.

bojangles1987
06-02-2012, 12:36 PM

RE6

The Last Guardian

FFX HD

FFVXIII(if released)

No Borderlands 2?

I might consider FFX HD, because my PS2 version is messed up and always freezes near the end.

bojangles1987
06-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I liked GTA4, did those of you who disliked it actually finish it?

GTA4 was cool with how it made you choose either the Revenge or Money ending.

Not to mention the DLC is amazing. I love GTA4, I still don't understand how people don't like it.

DeadLikeMe
06-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Not to mention the DLC is amazing. I love GTA4, I still don't understand how people don't like it.I beat it and enjoyed it as an individual game. But as a followup to San Andreas, it just didn't do it for me. They spent too much time making it polished and in exchange they took away many of the elements they had added in Vice City and San Andreas. The price for it looking great was too costly in terms of unique gameplay experiences and replayability in my opinion.

bojangles1987
06-03-2012, 04:02 PM
I beat it and enjoyed it as an individual game. But as a followup to San Andreas, it just didn't do it for me. They spent too much time making it polished and in exchange they took away many of the elements they had added in Vice City and San Andreas. The price for it looking great was too costly in terms of unique gameplay experiences and replayability in my opinion.

I felt the opposite. I was glad they cut back on all the ludicrous stuff in San Andreas and focused on making the gameplay and Liberty City itself so much better. I love San Andreas, but it got out of hand ridiculous towards the end.

bojangles1987
06-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Playing The Witcher 2, great game so far.

bojangles1987
06-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Uncharted 3

Gameplay: If you played Uncharted 2, you know what to expect. The platforming is awesome, with a lot more large scale events that happen, such as the ground breaking away, stairs collapsing, ladders bending, stuff like that. The gunfights are one complain I have though, it seemed slightly different from two and I had a few that threw you into ridiculous situations that you basically have to memorize when and where an enemy will come from, or you will be overwhelmed quickly.

Graphics and Audio: There are VERY, VERY few games that can even compete with how good Uncharted 3 looks and sounds. The animations in particular are as good as I've ever seen, every character reacts realistically to damn near everything around them. The music fits the scenario every time, and the voice acting is as good as any video game out there.

Story: Cliche, but it's not really supposed to groundbreaking. It keeps you interested, keeps you on your toes, and is told extremely well. The way the game fleshes out the characters is amazing, Elena Fisher officially made her case as possibly the greatest female video game character ever by the end of this.

Final Score: 9.25 out of 10. A little bit formulaic at this point, it is 3 games in, and it kind of faltered over the last few chapters in my opinion. Not as good as Uncharted 2 was, but that can't be held against it too much, considering Uncharted 2 is IMO the best game that has come out this console generation. Uncharted 3 is still a great game, and I highly recommend it to anyone who owns a PS3. Naughty Dog once again showed why they are one of the best in the business with this game.

bojangles1987
06-19-2012, 09:31 PM
inFAMOUS 2

This is the first inFamous game, only beefed up, injected with steroids, and made bigger and better in just about every way. More and better powers, bigger and stronger enemies, crazy missions and side missions in a bigger city, basically everything is bigger. The combat is very fun, and all your powers are very useful at some point in the game, nothing goes forgotten.

New Marais is a very good playground of destruction for this game, much more variety in the environment than in Empire City from the first game. The first island is your typical city environment, but the second island has one part that is mostly underwater, which makes for a lot of fun navigating the buildings above the water, and the rest of the island is filled with factories and docking areas, so no matter where you go within the city, you don't feel like you are just exploring the same areas over and over.

Final note: While the story is pretty crazy and probably doesn't make much sense if you think about it, I want to applaud Sucker Punch for the ending to this game. You have to make an extremely tough choice, both of which can be justified as the right choice in my eyes, and after spending the whole game making choices that are obvious in whether they are good or evil, it's a shocker to have to choose that final time. The final battle after is epic either way, and ends in a satisfying way either way. It really is one of the best endings to a video game I've seen/played in a long time.

Final score: 9 out of 10. If not for how great the ending is, I probably would have given it an 8.5, but it got bumped up an entire half a point in my eyes because of it.

dj Calleti
06-21-2012, 12:40 PM
I bought Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition for $30.

Fukin bargain....the game is so amazing. Everything about it, I can almost say it's flawless. I love the characters.

10/10 imo

Online I'll give it a 7/10.

bojangles1987
06-21-2012, 01:14 PM
I bought Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition for $30.

Fukin bargain....the game is so amazing. Everything about it, I can almost say it's flawless. I love the characters.

10/10 imo

Online I'll give it a 7/10.

I loved the online, but there was never anyone playing it.

bojangles1987
06-21-2012, 06:42 PM
On a roll with the reviews here. :lol1:

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Xbox 360)

This is a very hard game to compare to anything else. It is very heavily plot driven, and involves a lot of player choice, so I'd compare it to Mass Effect in that way. The combat is most similar to Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, in that you cannot just swing away wildly and have to actually pay attention, especially with bosses and armored enemies. You fight a healthy mix of human enemies and monsters, and Geralt, the main character, can use spells, bombs, and traps to help him out. It's actually a very fun game combat wise, and there is plenty of actual gameplay in between the story.

The story itself is incredible, with the only complaint I have being that the game ends somewhat abruptly. You figure out everything that has been happening, it seems like the game is gearing up to shift somewhere else, but it's just setup for the next game. The ending isn't bad, just somewhat abrupt. Still a tremendous story. The choices you make have a very real effect on the game. The second chapter actually plays out very, very differently based on choices you make at the end of the first chapter, the plot is surprisingly varied based on what choices you make throughout the entire game.

Word of warning, this is a game that earns it's M rating. Plenty of cursing, the sex scenes are pretty shocking in the nudity shown, and there are plenty of uncomfortable themes covered in the game, yet it very rarely feels cheap or unnecessary. The game just doesn't hold back on the realities of the power of kings and war. It's a lot like Game of Thrones in that respect.

The graphics are pretty good, and the voice acting is fine. It also isn't filled with British accents, like most games of medieval fantasy are. The soundtrack is awesome, I love the music in the game.

Final score: 9.5 out of 10. This is a fantastic game. The gameplay is very good, the story is incredible, this might be the best RPG I've played since Knights of the Old Republic. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes RPGs, and since it is on the 360 now it's available to anyone.

Ether
09-18-2012, 11:01 PM
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2

Pros: Great Online, ton of characters. Great customizing, and a new Tekken Tune system that allows you to set a certain song for a stage or menu screen, fun arcade and tons to do. Decent graphics.

Cons: Arcade last boss is ridiculous, Snoop Dogg Stage.

Overall Rating: 8.5

Thought it was the best Tekken I ever played.

bojangles1987
10-31-2012, 05:10 PM
Playing ACIII, about six hours into it. I saw a lot of complaints about the slow start, and I guess it will depend from person to person, but I love it.

Ether
10-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Once i give a **** enough about completing RE6, ill post my review. All others are welcome.

ßringer
10-31-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm dragging ass as far as games I missed out on. Many of which have been mentioned in this thread, like Red Dead Redemption, and The Witcher II.

I've still got quite a few sitting in my living room untouched since I bought 'em because I'm trying to finish the ones I have started already. Dragon Age, Skyrim, Castlevania : Lords of Shadow, Modern Warfare 3, and Borderlands 2 - All untouched.

Wrapping up my 3rd playthough on the original Borderlands now, so I guess I'll be moving on to the sequel soon. Hopefully people are still playing online when I get around to buying another gold subscription - I'd like to play with some of you cunts online sometime.

THE REED™
10-31-2012, 10:54 PM
90mins of killzone one tonight... Not bad... No mw though

bojangles1987
11-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Assassin's Creed 3: 9 out of 10

It's the best one yet as far as gameplay, setting, and graphics, and the ancestor story is the best one IMO so far as well. I love the Revolutionary America setting. It's very, very, very good, and really sucked me in. The cities are so different than the ones from previous AC games, which is a very good thing. The wilderness and being able to hunt is really cool, though I wish there were more animal types to hunt.

Now, the present day stuff with Desmond isn't terrible, but it isn't particularly good either. The ending isn't very good, mainly because it is way too abrupt considering it was built up for 5 games. They seemed more focused on setting up another game than giving players a gratifying conclusion. That's a very small part of the game though, as with every other AC game. The majority of the game is spent playing as Connor in the past, and that is as good as any other AC game, better IMO.

The glitches are a little much, and might make some people hate parts of the game. I didn't mind them that much, but the game could have used another couple of months of work to get rid of those problems.

Highly recommend the game to anyone interested in the series, even if you've never played an AC game. It's different enough from the others that it is a good starting point, with the best gameplay and setting.

Body Movin'
11-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Assassin's Creed III (PS3)

an inconsistent and somewhat bland experience.

Gameplay:
melee combat is largely the same. they rearranged the controls for shooting, and countering.

free running can be fluid (depending on how predetermined your path is) or plain godawful if you deviate too much. this is my main gripe with the game. i would've liked to have two separate buttons for sprinting and "free running" since they added so many little things within the cities that will throw your character off with one flick of your thumbstick. it gets highly frustrating with all the glitches involved.

free running in the Frontier pose the same problems but to a lesser extent. you'll find yourself jumping from one identical tree to the next.

the horse mechanic is clunky and damn near useless when you're off the roads. a small rock or a fallen log will stop it completely and, if that wasn't bad enough, the X button (of all buttons... if you play RDR regularly this will PISS YOU OFF) spurs OR rears the horse which serves NO purpose other than to fail your mission when you're chasing somebody and there's a time limit. i have no idea why it's there.

upgrading your ship, and the naval battles is an absolutely amazing experience however. it's the highest point of the game for me, which says a lot for a series that's supposed to be about assassinating folks. perhaps there should've been more of it. Ubisoft could totally make a full game out of it.

Graphics:
relatively the same as it's predecessors; nothing in particular stands out as an improvement. it's color palette is VERY similar to Red Dead Redemption. in fact, it could be mistaken for RDR at times.

there's lots of little glitches here and there that nibble at your feet like: NPCs randomly disappearing, clipping into objects, your character getting stuck/unresponsive, environment "holes" etc. the day/night cycle was cool but like many things in the game, it's not seamless. when you initiate a mission during the day sometimes the following cutscene will be at night.

the two major cities available (Boston and New York) are identically bland. lots of brown and well... more brown. most buildings are short, small, and sporadic to a point where free running on rooftops seem pointless. they're much more organic and interactive compared to previous cities in the series i suppose but the overall setting lacks a "wow" factor. nothing so far has compared to how simply amazing Venice was.

Story:
it takes it's time and develops itself well but, overall i didn't care for it. the revolutionary war setting, and the characters weren't that intriguing for me. you're often jumping from one place and time to another which made the middle parts somewhat convoluted.

they throw a lot of prop characters at you by the way and nobody memorable. Ezio was a better developed, well rounded, and lively character with a brilliant voice actor, Connor however was um stoic? his wooden delivery from beginning to end bored me to tears. awful character.

there was no urge for me to chase and kill the bad guys this time. ACII clearly had the better set up and pay off at the end. i was just going through the motions with this one.

Ether
11-24-2012, 11:22 AM
RESIDENT EVIL 6

Pros: Sub par Action game with a Michael Bay feel, wait.. that's a bad thing. Also makes you truly appreciate Resident Evil 5.

Cons: Sloppy, run to corridor to corridor. Online play is awful, the action is overdone for a 'horror' game, upgrading gun system is bad, story is bad, controlling jets, driving cars, and hiding in trash cans. Graphics are weaker than RE5, The worst resident evil.

Overall Rating: 6.0

Rent it if you have to, IF YOU HAVE to.. i wouldn't bother.

ИATAS
11-24-2012, 12:11 PM

Gameplay:
melee combat is largely the same. they rearranged the controls for shooting, and countering.

free running can be fluid (depending on how predetermined your path is) or plain godawful if you deviate too much. this is my main gripe with the game. i would've liked to have two separate buttons for sprinting and "free running" since they added so many little things within the cities that will throw your character off with one flick of your thumbstick. it gets highly frustrating with all the glitches involved.

free running in the Frontier pose the same problems but to a lesser extent. you'll find yourself jumping from one identical tree to the next.

the horse mechanic is clunky and damn near useless when you're off the roads. a small rock or a fallen log will stop it completely and, if that wasn't bad enough, the X button (of all buttons... if you play RDR regularly this will PISS YOU OFF) spurs OR rears the horse which serves NO purpose other than to fail your mission when you're chasing somebody and there's a time limit. i have no idea why it's there.

upgrading your ship, and the naval battles is an absolutely amazing experience however. it's the highest point of the game for me, which says a lot for a series that's supposed to be about assassinating folks. perhaps there should've been more of it. Ubisoft could totally make a full game out of it.

Graphics:
relatively the same as it's predecessors; nothing in particular stands out as an improvement. it's color palette is VERY similar to Red Dead Redemption. in fact, it could be mistaken for RDR at times.

there's lots of little glitches here and there that nibble at your feet like: NPCs randomly disappearing, clipping into objects, your character getting stuck/unresponsive, environment "holes" etc. the day/night cycle was cool but like many things in the game, it's not seamless. when you initiate a mission during the day sometimes the following cutscene will be at night.

the two major cities available (Boston and New York) are identically bland. lots of brown and well... more brown. most buildings are short, small, and sporadic to a point where free running on rooftops seem pointless. they're much more organic and interactive compared to previous cities in the series i suppose but the overall setting lacks a "wow" factor. nothing so far has compared to how simply amazing Venice was.

Story:
it takes it's time and develops itself well but, overall i didn't care for it. the revolutionary war setting, and the characters weren't that intriguing for me. you're often jumping from one place and time to another which made the middle parts somewhat convoluted.

they throw a lot of prop characters at you by the way and nobody memorable. Ezio was a better developed, well rounded, and lively character with a brilliant voice actor, Connor however was um stoic? his wooden delivery from beginning to end bored me to tears. awful character.

there was no urge for me to chase and kill the bad guys this time. ACII clearly had the better set up and pay off at the end. i was just going through the motions with this one.

Very solid review bro.

I'm a huge AC fan and I can't help but feel let down with this game. In the end, after finishing the game, it just didn't compare to the past games and I miss Rome and Ezio.

The naval missions were the most enjoyable parts of the game by far. Which makes me realize how awesome a realistic pirate game would be. They showed me it could be done and in a fun way. Also they dropped the ball on multiplayer, not just because it sucks, but I think tons of people would have a blast if they had some kind of naval multiplayer mode. Tons of potential there.

Another thing I noticed is there were no puzzles in the game. Whereas in Brotherhood & AC2 that was part of the fun - figuring out some sort of puzzle to open a door, unlock a clue, etc. I don't know why they completely removed that this time around.

bojangles1987
11-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Very solid review bro.

I'm a huge AC fan and I can't help but feel let down with this game. In the end, after finishing the game, it just didn't compare to the past games and I miss Rome and Ezio.

The naval missions were the most enjoyable parts of the game by far. Which makes me realize how awesome a realistic pirate game would be. They showed me it could be done and in a fun way. Also they dropped the ball on multiplayer, not just because it sucks, but I think tons of people would have a blast if they had some kind of naval multiplayer mode. Tons of potential there.

Another thing I noticed is there were no puzzles in the game. Whereas in Brotherhood & AC2 that was part of the fun - figuring out some sort of puzzle to open a door, unlock a clue, etc. I don't know why they completely removed that this time around.

They really need to make a full game out of those naval battles. Not Assassin's Creed, a whole new franchise where you can give orders to multiple ships and stuff. That is so much fun to play.

Phenom
11-30-2012, 01:03 AM

Gameplay:

Graphics:

Story:

excellent review man I agree about setting and founding fathers not being that interesting didn't like the naval that much it became repetitive after a while but was very well done and looked pretty.
for me the homestead missions story is the only thing stood out in this game redeemed the game somewhat

bojangles1987
08-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Beat the new Tomb Raider, highly recommend it. Plays a lot like Uncharted but with more fluid platforming and movement. Kind of disappointed they abandon the survival aspect from the beginning of the game, otherwise I don't have a major complaint.