View Full Version : Who do you resemble most when you fight?

Sir Fancylot
08-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Personally, my style is like prince hamed+mayweather in terms of weaving etc(no that is not me trying to big myself up :p )

Edit: Thread idea was jacked from inthiscorner :p

InThisCorner
08-08-2005, 07:21 PM
You're a little ***** :D. I've been wanting to post something like this for about a week now, haven't had much time though.

Sir Fancylot
08-08-2005, 07:22 PM
You're a little ***** :D. I've been wanting to post something like this for about a week now, haven't had much time though.

Well i made a note it was your idea, its your thread really. :)

Tha Greatest
08-08-2005, 07:22 PM
WEll i'm still finding out my style...

I was at this gym in Vancouver once though and the guy said to someone else that I remind him of the Prince HAHAHHA

Sir Fancylot
08-08-2005, 07:23 PM
WEll i'm still finding out my style...

I was at this gym in Vancouver once though and the guy said to someone else that I remind him of the Prince HAHAHHA

He did one major thing wrong, he shoulda kept his hands up.

Tha Greatest
08-08-2005, 07:24 PM

LOL

well I can fight with one hand down cuz i'm to slick, but i'm still tryin to find out what suits me best, that's what amateurs is for u know

Sir Fancylot
08-08-2005, 07:25 PM
yeah, i keep one hand to my head, the other out a little ready to jab, but i dont drop them all the ****ing time, haha.

EXIGE
08-08-2005, 07:26 PM
If he ddi that then his style would be a lot like others in many senses.

Sir Fancylot
08-08-2005, 07:27 PM
If he ddi that then his style would be a lot like others in many senses.

Yeah, it would have been better too.

You can block and still dance, and that's my style.

Tha Greatest
08-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Well I drop my left down in a effective way, mostly it's up though, but when it's down, it's more relaxed so I can whip it out faster u know

InThisCorner
08-08-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm also trying to find my style. I've only been boxing for 3 weeks but every day im improving and creating a style for myself. I was a HUGE boxing fan before I joined, i was just to lazy to join a gym because I had previous sports commitments but now I realize that there is no "set time" of when you can go to the gym, I have a package where I can go whenever the **** I want, so it's pretty tight.

Anyways, I try to mimic Mayweather, but my defense is not at all like his. I try to box like him when he's on the offense, but my defense when i'm getting punched inside is much like winky, i just cover my face.

Tha Greatest
08-08-2005, 07:29 PM
It's to soon for any of us to know our styles IMO

Sir Fancylot
08-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I'm sure I'll change with time, I've been told I'm ****ing hard to hit by a pro at my gym and the guy I first fought couldnt touch me, so I'm going to work on that.

InThisCorner
08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Yeah, dude. One thing i notice it's with every sport. When you watch the best, you fight like them. Even watching elite boxing really helps your skills.

Sir Fancylot
08-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Know what I've noticed?

People have beef, but all it takes is talking about boxing and we''re all tight.

Tha Greatest
08-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Your brain is the most important weapon in the sport

Tha Greatest
08-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Know what I've noticed?

People have beef, but all it takes is talking about boxing and we''re all tight.

ya

we're cool now, he knows my name n everything now haha

EXIGE
08-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Im kinda like Tyson cos i have a size disadvantage at my club so i get underneath their guard. But i have well unorthodox style so a bit like Naseem Hamed aswell.

Tha Greatest
08-08-2005, 08:00 PM
ooo ya!!!

My trainer said I got awesome head movement

and I was sparrin some 6'5 guy and said I bob and weave inside really good!

:D

Mick Hucknall
08-08-2005, 08:13 PM
My daddy says i hit as hard as Foreman and i'm slick like the 64' Ali ;).
In all seriousness though i think i fight most like Winky Wright i have a really good defence, but i'm still gonna have o work on my offence.

Dyl-G
08-08-2005, 08:19 PM
I made this thread already:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3054&highlight=style

boxer2k5
08-08-2005, 11:22 PM
my style is a cross between
maywether and toney
with a few of my own moves

i have toneys defense and maywether
offense and my own moves

yall havent seen me in a while
but my orthodox caught up with my southpaw
and im much better

ricecrispi
08-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Bruce Lee moves with Jackie Chan stunts and Chuck Norris hair style.

Tha Greatest
08-09-2005, 01:50 AM
I'm like Mayweather, too..

Got nice defense, n ****..

and my lead left hooks are awesome, still never been countered doin it, same with lead rights

Hunna
08-09-2005, 02:04 AM
this thread should be re-phrased to " whos ya favourite fighter, and do you resemble there style".

PunchDrunk
08-09-2005, 02:57 AM
this thread should be re-phrased to " whos ya favourite fighter, and do you resemble there style".

Haha, I agree. Funny that no one said they resemble Joe Schmoe, with a 1-34-3 record. :D

Anyway, your trainers would probably know how you all should fight, since they have a better eye for spotting your weaknesses and strengths. No sense in wanting to fight like Mayweather or Hamed, if you don't have the special talent that takes. And let's face it, most of you probably don't. Well schooled fundamentals is what it takes, then when you master that, you can take it from there.

myke_test1
08-09-2005, 04:29 AM
James Toney.....all day everyday...not just the rolling punches but the inside with short uppercuts and hooks and the double hooks from Head to Body and from Body to head.......

quoteing my trainer "James Toney your not but you sure as hell a amateur version of him"

Tha Greatest
08-09-2005, 04:30 AM
James Toney.....all day everyday...not just the rolling punches but the inside with short uppercuts and hooks and the double hooks from Head to Body and from Body to head.......

quoteing my trainer "James Toney your not but you sure as hell a amateur version of him"

Get the hell off his nuts!

triggerhappy
08-09-2005, 08:12 AM
I fight like Rocky Marciano

boxer2k5
08-09-2005, 08:57 AM
where is yall vids and pics
something

lot of fighters
and nothing to show for it

someone has to have a web cam
show ur shorts a trophy
something

spinksjinx
08-09-2005, 09:01 AM
<-- Sugar Ray Leonard and Carlos Maussa

boxer2k5
08-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Carlos Maussa
best defense ever
lmao

spinksjinx
08-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Carlos Maussa
best defense ever
lmao

World champion status....Cant be denied. :D

EXIGE
08-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Haha, I agree. Funny that no one said they resemble Joe Schmoe, with a 1-34-3 record. :D

Anyway, your trainers would probably know how you all should fight, since they have a better eye for spotting your weaknesses and strengths. No sense in wanting to fight like Mayweather or Hamed, if you don't have the special talent that takes. And let's face it, most of you probably don't. Well schooled fundamentals is what it takes, then when you master that, you can take it from there.
We are not saying we have the inate natural talent like those fighters, its just that we share a similar sort of mindset to those fighters in terms of how we think the most effective way to beat a fighter is.

so for instance me, i use a lot of Tyson style and it worked so i carry on using it. Thats not the same as me saying im gonna be a champion before Tyson became champion and break the world record.

random guy
08-09-2005, 09:54 AM
my trainer says I counter like tapia and I move like de la hoya, but I have the defence of gatti and b that he means I just take punches

ricecrispi
08-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Random guy, LMFAO. **** doesn't even match up but i got a good laugh.

Most people forget to say I fight like Mayweather or Toney except I get hit 10 times more often. The word they forgot to say is try to fight like Mayweather or Toney.

Offensively I am original. No copycatting here except against a guy my size or smaller , I straight all Aaron Pyror brawl style.

Taller guys at 5'8" and higher
Defensively, I'm short so I use a lot of crouch, bob and weave with or without lateral movement. Influences are Pernell Whitaker drop like it's hot ass almost on the floor style. When I try to pretend to be a slick black fighter I try to be like Toney and use head movement and torso movement. I don't do it often because it's not that easy and takes alot of work. I do it to taunt sparring partners or give them a different look. When I need a breather against tall guys I move like DLH.

Got used to fighting guys at 140-160 boxingwise. MMA the smallest guys there are 165-175.

random guy
08-09-2005, 04:08 PM
yeah, i dont try to fight like anyone either i keep changing my styles, well thats at least what my trainer says.

Tha Greatest
08-09-2005, 04:42 PM
I don't try n mimick nobody!

I fight whatever way is more effective for me, and after I just realise that I fight like certain fighters..

.::EnRiQuE::.
08-09-2005, 07:43 PM
two words.... Carlos .... Maussa

.::EnRiQuE::.
08-09-2005, 07:44 PM
<-- Sugar Ray Leonard and Carlos Maussa
**** you took mine...Damnit!

boxer2k5
08-09-2005, 10:56 PM
World champion status....Cant be denied. :D
wasnt he on pcp for his last fight
lol

i dont think he has a belt anymore

boxer2k5
08-09-2005, 10:59 PM
two words.... Carlos .... Maussa

the rubberband mummy man

spinksjinx
08-09-2005, 11:40 PM
wasnt he on pcp for his last fight
lol

i dont think he has a belt anymore

Maussa still holds that belt he rightfully earned by knocking out Vivian. Perhaps the greatest champ out there today.....

I am thinking about turning pro and challenging for his world title....I atleast stand a shot.

Id send my idol home packing so he can deliver more dishwashers.

boxer2k5
08-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Maussa still holds that belt he rightfully earned by knocking out Vivian. Perhaps the greatest champ out there today.....

I am thinking about turning pro and challenging for his world title....I atleast stand a shot.

Id send my idol home packing so he can deliver more dishwashers.

hahahahahaha

naw maussa defense would give u fits

but i think i would slaughter the guy

rocco1252
08-09-2005, 11:43 PM
I get hit alot to hit them a few, but my hands when I am in an exchange are up as 1 hand is always on my face when the other one is being thrown. When outside if find myself keeping my left hand down kind out dangling in the front always ready to throw(bad idea considering I move in quick so most often get a jab in my face, or a quick right). My problem is I'm a white boy and I got no rythm! I dont dance, I come at you always throwing trying to be inside on the man. I get hit alot because I am slow but I have KO power in both hands, a granite chin and great stamina I just need to learn to move and box alittle better compared to slug it out. If you can tell me who resembles that thanks!

spinksjinx
08-09-2005, 11:48 PM
hahahahahaha

naw maussa defense would give u fits

but i think i would slaughter the guy

Dropping his guard wouldnt work with me and if he did I would hug it out and make him my *****. :D

strongisland24
08-10-2005, 01:01 AM
I'm a mix of a little Lacy and a little Julian Jackson

Verstyle
09-17-2005, 01:59 AM
im 5'7 160lbs with almost an exact tyson built the legs the neck the whole nine yards. and i have 125lbers hand speed and punch hard ass hell. so ya'll should already know i use the peek a boo style aka the tyson style

EXIGE
09-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Im pretty much like, Mayweather, Tyson, Hamed, Zab, Holyfield, Ali, Foreman, Winky, Hatton, Corrales, Jeff Lacy and Lennox Lewis.

The only differences between me and those fighters, is that i am better than them in their own different fields. :D

kbpoetree
09-17-2005, 10:25 AM
i dont resemble anyone i am a new breed on a different level, not claiming 2b great, well not yet anyway

Pugnacious_Z
09-17-2005, 11:28 AM
why is it dat every1 on dis site has KO power and granite chin and great stamina, and none of youse won ****? youse all got natural talent, weird ****

kbpoetree
09-17-2005, 12:17 PM
why is it dat every1 on dis site has KO power and granite chin and great stamina, and none of youse won ****? youse all got natural talent, weird ****
hmmmm read my post i dont claim 2b great, i just won my first fight tho, i'm still humble

Gemini531
10-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I fight like boxer who dont like getting hit. Yet I'm always waiting for the oppurtunity to open up with combos and cacth the guy

patto1984
10-07-2005, 10:45 PM
you fite like a boxer who doesnt like gettin hit.
ooooooooookaaaay

Burg1606
10-08-2005, 12:24 AM
i resemble a rolli polli, so when i start getting my ass kicked i just role up in a ball and hope i dont get flicked. nah jp, i resemble no one, i mean everyone resembles everyone if you know what im sayin. We all have to fight somehow and in boxing, its ur fists.

Floydmayweather
10-08-2005, 04:15 AM
I kinda fight like Tarver and Pacman mix. I am a tall southpaw with real fast hands and i like to counter early. Once i have my oppenent measured i drop the one-two alot and move in closer because i feel very strong at infighting.

And for the record i have actually fought and won all my fights. I plan on doing a tourament in Milwaukee in a month and then silver gloves tournament. By next year i want to win the Golden Gloves in WI.

boxstarr
10-08-2005, 05:05 PM
i only recently started so i havent really formed a style yet, but i think new boxers often look like this until they get skills

http://www.emsf.rai.it/dati/anagrafico/images/hawkingp.jpg

Pugnacious_Z
10-09-2005, 10:30 AM
i got lighting fast hands like tyson and real heavy hands like foreman and i got footwork like Ali and a granite chin like tex cobb. HAHAHAHA. is dat good enuf?

leff
10-09-2005, 11:13 AM
i got lighting fast hands like tyson and real heavy hands like foreman and i got footwork like Ali and a granite chin like tex cobb. HAHAHAHA. is dat good enuf?

if you also have marciano stamina and heart and valuv size you will be pretty decent in the ring.

xzworks
10-09-2005, 11:20 AM
im like corrales..especially when he is KD.im always KD.eheheh.LOL